[FM08] Knockbreda F.C - 1 Man. 3,000 Dreams

NepentheZ

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newbie poster here.

I looked at all your exploits on Gundo's challenge and it's nice to see everything over here now...nice and manageable. Compelling stuff.

I have an idea for a challenge that could really strain you: try and get a full best overall eleven with 500 or more goals (long, long term target 1000 each!)

Go on...Dare ya! ;)

Funny you should mention that, there is this one guy, that I've been tracking for the last 2 or 3 seasons that has the following stats for Glentoran :

Games | Goals

39      20
59      54
45      32
39      38
55      59
17      19 [injured for 6 months this season]
38      37
45      51
43      46
46      44
50      52
46      46

Total Games : 522
Total Goals : 498

I know its no where near my players, but he's the only player that I've seen play consistently for any of the teams, and the only player to score so many goals. Linfield tend to buy a lot of players, keep them for a few seasons then either move them on, or put them into their reserves.

They themselves have 1 guy thats scored 109 goals in the last 2 seasons, but he's already 26 and didn't score many for his club before Linfield.

The guy above, has just turned 30. So assuming he plays for another 4-6 seasons, he could potentially get to around 600-700 goals which is still pretty exceptional.

You're clearly not familiar with this thread, and more in-particular, this post.

Its certainly a challenge, T*P - however, my defenders just don't score enough for me to get close to that. Who knows, though :)

I think 500 from a goalie would be a bit too much. I think I held the record for goals in a season with 21, so you'd need to do a lot better than that consistently for a very long time to get near 500.

I think 500 from a goalie would be a bit too much. I think I held the record for goals in a season with 21, so you'd need to do a lot better than that consistently for a very long time to get near 500.

In a game like mine, where goals are easy to come by, 25 goals from FK and Pens + Corners (If I'm well up, which I usually am) isn't too much to ask. If I started a keeper from 16 years old, and he played 'till he was 38, taking injuries into account, I think 500 would just be feasible. I'll try to get though as much of my Knockbreda game I can. Once YP1 hits 1,000 goals + 1,000 assists and Smylie hits 3,000 goals (If he gets there) - then I'll start something with a keeper trying to get 500 goals :D

Cracking stuff Nep, great to see you're still at this. Shame that i doesn't look possible in FM09.

Surprised at the other NI teams being so strong in comparison to your side. You not tempted to buy the guy from Glentoran, for example, just to weaken them?

I did that with Linfield for a few years [Which I'm not proud of, :( ] - but all that was happening, is the players I signed were on £5,000 - £10,000 per week, sitting in my reserves, they wouldn't sign new deals, so left and more than often went right back to Linfield. So it was a huge waste of money. I did by 1 guy from Linfield a few years ago, but he's been a regular in my team. I initially bought him as back up AML - but he's proving to be a really good player, and is fighting for a first team place at just 19.

I have him on a 5 Year Contract. At the end of Every year [When it goes down to 4 years] - I renew it back to 5 years. Sometimes he doesn't sign for a couple years, [Maybe unhappy about me rejecting a move] - But eventually he does. I keep hold of most of my players, because I'm quite a big club now. I can't yet buy players that are £15,000,000+ Rated, but players like playing for me because I'm in Europe every year.

The best thing I found to do, was to set the Asking price to £0, but reject all offers. For some reason, they don't get unhappy when the bids are rejected.

Yeah. I was gutted it was only 21-0 really. 15-0 at HT. :)

The red card had some baring, I guess.

Also, as for him being exceptional, I don't get it either. However, it seems to be the person in the RS position that scores. If Smylie is injured, who ever takes his place, scores goals like that too. Its bizarre.

80,000 exactly. [its new stadium from about 2020 IIRC]

Smylie currently has 312 League Apps. More than likely, he wont reach 494. He gets a fair few injuries. Where as Paul Wallace played throughout his entire career, baring a couple of LONG term injuries early on.

Nep, I've been using that tactic and for me it's the LS that scores most, but it's actually fairly even despite the RS being by far the stronger (record goalscorer for East Belfast, around 120 goals in 140 appearances)

Edit: I probably should add, well done! It must have taken a lot of work to get to that position.

Nep-ster, missed the last days (and the big 2000), but belated congratulations. I guess its not that amazing for you as you know its going to happen by now, but still, its a magical achievement! Please keep going, though I dont tihnk you need my encouragement...

Here it is - My [Newish] Layout.!

Knockbreda FC, Season 36 [2043/2044]

First Team

N. Irish Premier Division - Winners | Graph

N. Irish League Cup - Winners

N. Irish Antrim Cup - Winners

Champions League - Winners | Match Stats

All Ireland Cup - Winners

N. Irish Cup - Winners

Reserve Team

N. Irish Reserve Group - Winners

Intermediate Cup - Winners

Antrim Trophy - Winners

U-18's Team

N. Irish U-18's Group - Winners

U-18's Cup - Winners

The Manager

Manager Info

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Overview

The Club

Affiliates

Club Info

Best Eleven Season

Best Eleven Overall

Coefficients

Finances

Player Records

Team Records

Richest Clubs

Staff

Transfers

Team Sheet

The Awards

Champions League Best Player - Youth Player 1

Champions League Dream Team - 9 Players

Champions League Golden Boot - Andrew Smylie

European Golden Boot - Andrew Smylie

Fans Player of the Year - Andrew Smylie

Manager of the Year - Craig Douglas [NepentheZ]

N. Irish Player of the Year - Andrew Smylie

N. Irish Young Player of the Year - Gary Lappin

Player of the Year [NIP] - Andrew Smylie

Top Goal Scorer [NIP] - Andrew Smylie

The Transfers

Pauli Joensen [Trial, Free] - Pauli looks like he will become a solid Center Back. He's the first young defender in a very long time that my scouts have rated as 4* at such a ripe age, which leads me to believe, he will be an excellent player.

The Player

Andrew Smylie - A fantastic season, again. 185 goals, awards, records and most importantly, 2,000 goals.

The Games

Well, someone asked for some of the key games in the season, here they are, and why.

Champions League Semi Final 1st Leg - Knockbreda 2-1 Barcelona

Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg - Barcelona 3-3 Knockbreda

These were 2 massive games this season. I met Barce last season in the 1st KO Stage, as you may remember, and was unlucky to go out 7-6 on Aggregate. I only had a slender 2-1 lead to take away with me this season, in the Semi-Final, and was worried that I could blow a chance of only my Second Champions League Final. The second leg was especially tense. I had a number of key players injured, and the fixture pile up was really taking its toll on my regular starters. Barce lead the game 3-2 with injury time left, which was announced at a staggering 9 minutes. Fortunately, they had a corner, and the Keeper came forward. Knockbreda broke clear, and slotted home into an empty net.

Irish Cup Quarter Final - Knockbeda 21-0 Donegal Celtic

The only reason this game was such a key game this season, was because it broke FM08 Records. The previous record for the biggest win [According to dafuges FM08 Records thread] was 19-0. And I smashed that to pieces. 15-0 at half time, and Smylie was on form.

Premier Divsion - Knockbreda 10-0 Raceview

Raceview were the whipping boys of the division, so 10-0 not really anything amazing, however, I picked this game ahead of others, because Smylie scored all 10 goals in a sensational performance.

Summary

The season was sensational. I think I only lost 1 game the entire season [To Sporting in the Champions League] - and finally got another perfect season [30 Wins] for the first time in 10 years. Linfield dropped off the pace massively this season, and were lucky to get 3rd in league, after a poor campaign, but Glentoran were just as dogged as recent years. Smylie and Youth Project 1 have struck an unreal partnership up front, and 300 goals per season between the pair of them should really not be ruled out. YP1 also contributes with crazy amounts of assists. I'm really happy I won every competition I entered, and I'll look to do that same next season, and even add the Super Cup and World Club Championship.

Nep, I've been using that tactic and for me it's the LS that scores most, but it's actually fairly even despite the RS being by far the stronger (record goalscorer for East Belfast, around 120 goals in 140 appearances)

Edit: I probably should add, well done! It must have taken a lot of work to get to that position.

Cheers dude. Odd that you find the LS scores more. I've never had that in any incarnation of FM :)

Nep-ster, missed the last days (and the big 2000), but belated congratulations. I guess its not that amazing for you as you know its going to happen by now, but still, its a magical achievement! Please keep going, though I dont tihnk you need my encouragement...

Cheers dude. I will be sure to keep this save going until AT LEAST FM10. [And most probably until the first patch is released]

I've updated all the OP's, by the way.

Archived