[FM09] Nantwich Town - Bigger than Crewe

AcidBurn

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McDowall.jpg

MaZhibin.jpg

Only two new signings along with Gonzalo arrived this season and could be the only ones to come to Nantwich Town in this transfer window. McDowall we might have overpaid for as £25 million is alot but he has two strong feet and I think he will perform very well and at his age still has lots of years left in him and he is British and I want to try and bring in more Brits over the coming seasons if they are good enough.

The second signing was Chinese international Ma Zhibin with Gibbs leaving the club last season we only have Clichy that can play as a LB and at 34 he wont be able to play all the games. So we brought in someone who aswell as having wicked stats will also help get Nantwich Towns name across in Asia and boost shirt sales. Still got some money left but will probably wait until Jan or after to buy any more players.

NantwichTeam2019.jpg

Really want to try and increase the amount of decent British and Irish players in the squad but its hard to find any decent ones so over the coming seasons the scout will be sent out to try and find some youth players for the squad.

We sold Gerlach with a 50 percent sell on season before last to Napoli who have sold him on to Barcelona so we got £4 million upfront and will recieve £17 million over the next 24 months, that should help balance the books for a few seasons.

Billericay.jpg

Bit of a sidenote Billericay Town returned as a playable team for the first time in 2013 season and now are in league 1. They have struggled to start with but it would be great if they could get another promotion.

I resigned as England manager we played Ireland and had 24 shots at goal and 5 clear cut chances they had 3 shots and won 2-1 in a moment of madness I just clicked resign. Glad I did as I always seem to do worse when managing a national team and a club side.

I am pretty sure Irineu had Italian nationality on my game as he had been in Italy from 2006-07 until 2011 when I signed him.

January 2020 Update

epll.jpg

Currently we have a good healthy lead at the top of the EPL, we still have to play alot of the teams directly below us away from home so I think we will lose quite a few points yet so it looks better than it is.

squadr.jpg

Not sure how we have managed to get to the top of the league as half the team has played brilliantly and the other half have not been up to scratch. Somehow we havent conceeded that many goals but the CBs have poor average ratings.

drawb.jpg

Our first champion league campaign saw us qualify easily from our group and we now face Marseille in the knockout round. They are an easier draw than some teams but a harder draw than others.

josipbilic.jpg

Its been Bilic's year as he swooped all the end of year awards not bad for a player that has never won a major trophy in his career.

January has seen the team take a few injuries Garitano is out for a few weeks and Irineu is also out for a bit longer. Irineu seems to be picking up alot of injuries this season so this has led me to make an £18.5 million bid for Ruben Rojas he is a player I have watched for a couple of seasons and for some reason he signed a very low release clause contract for a play of his quality. He has be natural fitness but with Bosz, Garitano and Irineu it shouldnt be much of a problem.

As good as Bilic is he is under alot of pressure so I decided to sell Michael Johnson for free as his contract runs out and I have no interest in keeping him. This means a bid for Coutinho was made at £6.5 million I am sure he can become a useful member of the team for a relatively little transfer fee.

Hopefully we can hold on but we have some tough away games so it will take some doing, really need the two new signings to adapt quickly and perform well over the coming months, hoping this season can bring in some silverware for a trophy cabinet full of conference cups, johnstones paint and lower league promotions. Wish me luck lol.

2019-20 End of Season Update

EPL2020.jpg

Superb season in the EPL we got off to a brilliant start and after 5 games we never looked back and no one caught up with us as we played some beautiful football to finish top by a long way. We had trouble beating the big teams away well Man City and Arsenal we won the title due to consistently beating all the other teams and winning at home.

LeagueCupFinal.jpg

We clinched our first major trophy with a win over Man City in the league cup final, before this game we had a record against Man City of played 16, lost 9, drew 8. Great time to step up and finally beat them quite easily in the end. Brilliant feeling to get the clubs first title.

FACup.jpg

Domestic dominance was made complete with a 3-2 victory over the team I support in real life. It was great to become the best team in England.

Champions League - The only trophy we didnt win was the big european one, our first adventure into the champions league and we flew through our group finishing top above Lyon, Anderlecht and CSKA Moscow. We won 4 and drew both games against Lyon only letting in one goal. It now has to be the main aim of the club to secure the champions league title at some point over the next few years.

SquadStats.jpg

The squad performed brilliantly especially Bilic who led the way, I am not sure how we will cope once he eventually retires which isnt for awhile yet. The strike force did brilliantly Garitano, Irineu and Bosz rotated for most of the season with Ruben Rojas covering for injuries. McDowall was an expensive signing at £25 million but we have already recieved a bid of £47 million for him from Real Madrid which was rejected. He didnt score alot of goals but he scored important ones. Asenjo kept 29 clean sheets in the season and also earned a call up to the national team at 2020 european championships where he has claimed the number one jersey.

Irineu had me worried at the start of the season after getting little injuries all the way through the first half of the season. He came back and scored a few goals that won us games on his own the secure the title for us.

Fans Player Of the Year - Josip Bilic.

Top Goal Scorer - Bosz for the first time in 8 seasons Irineu didnt win the top goal scorer at our club. Bosz took this with 28 goals still young at 22 and a beast in the air this guy will battle it out with Garitano to replace Irineu as the clubs all time leading goals scorer.

Most assists - Bilic with 33 which is just amazing.

My Player Of the Year - Hard one really as Bilic won virtually every award and got 33 assists and 22 goals his best return yet. I think Bosz and Asenjo deserve mentions aswell for very different reasons.

English Footballer Of the Year - Josip Bilic

English Players Player Of the Year - McDowall

English Young Players Player Of the Year - Garitano followed by Brian Davids.

Overall - Great season with complete domestic dominance we were wicked and consistent. I think this was achieved by not messing with tactics and using the same ones all the time. We have been given £43 million to spend but are only 100k under the wage budget hoping to bring in a right winger as Willians struggles with his fitness now and a top class CB would be great aswell.

Cheers guys, its strange as I kind of miss being the underdog. I can never leave Nantwich Town even if I win the champions league due to my legend status that will disappear if I resign. Is it just me or is it strange that every team apart from us and Man City lost double figures in the league?

• 4 weeks later...

Decided to give this save another play as I never won the champions league, after having a break and trying to start various other saves nothing really caught my imagination.

Season 2020-21 Pre-season

Nantwich Town Vs Corinthians Final Score 3-3

We went 3-0 down but after reading the team the riot act we came back to draw level goals from Buckley, Bosz and Irineu.

Nantwich Town Vs Palmeiras Final Score 3-1

Easy game where we created alot of chances utility man Gabriel scored along with club record signing McDowall and the final goal from Bosz.

Nantwich Town Vs Sao Paolo Final Score 3-1

Same again we dominated but couldnt add more goals, Gabriel and McDowall once again on the score sheet with an OG rounding off the win.

Nantwich Town Vs Ipswich Final Score 3-0

Wonderkid Garitano opened the scoring, his striker partner Ruben Rojas added the second and now veteran Willians Santana added the 3rd.

Nantwich Town Vs Crewe Final Score 3-0

Should have been more we had well over 20 shots. An OG opened the scoring then goals from Garitano and Nino secured the win.

Nantwich Town Vs Leicester Final Score 1-0

Only a one nil victory was disappointing against the championship side with a solitary goal from Ruben Rojas.

Next up we entered the charity shield against Man City, after a reasonably poor pre-season I feared for the worse against the money bags and premier league rivals Man City.

Charity Shield Nantwich Town Vs Man City Final Score 3-0

We pasted Man City and the whole team stepped up Igor Kroupi who has been at the club for over 10 years opened the scoring by powering in a Bilic corner from near the penalty spot in the 53rd minute. Brian Davids the more defensive of our CM partnership then scored two screamers from 30 yards each, he took the man of the match award and Money Bags City looked very ordinary.

Transfers Out

Only 4 players left two reserve players who were around from an old youth team were released. Clichy who due to contract rises was sitting on a 100k contract at 34 was released. He played wicked last season but there was no need for him now. Subotic was released aswell, the guy was a class CB for his first season at Nantwich but for the last three seasons he has been averaging around a 6.8 which isnt good enough.

Transfers In

eraso.jpg

Iker Eraso, the 24 year old CB was brought in due to the release of Subotic he was signed for £18.25 million from Barcelona. He has impressed in his one pre-season friendly and his charity shield performances averaging over 6 tackles a game.

We will be looking to bring in another LB as utility player Gabriel can play there but I want a solid LB as backup to our Chinese international Ma Zhibin. Right wing could be a problem that needs addressing soon with Carletti and Willians Santana not being the fittest of players we need someone else at some point.

This season the aim is the champions league at the cost of everything else it is the one I want but I think we will need maybe another season or two to get it.

Am also thinking of downloading FMRTE and changing the kit colours for a bit of fun.

I am also thinking of posting links to screenshots of the whole squad if anyone is interested, as long as I keep playing I will be posting monthly updates to try and get people interested along with other information about my gaming world.

Season 2020-21 August Update

Liverpool Vs Nantwich Town Final Score 0-3

Great away win to star the season dominated from start to finish, Bilic set up two goals for Jeroen Bosz to put us 2-0 up and we cruised to an easy victory.

Nantwich Town Vs Hull City Final Score 1-0

First home game of the season and I was hoping we could give the fans a good easy home win, Hull never really looked like scoring we had 17 shots and 3 clear cut chances but it took until the 82nd minute for Jeroen Bosz to score his 3rd goal in 2 games to give us the much deserved win.

Portsmouth Vs Nantwich Town Final Score 1-2

An even game we went 1-0 up after Willians at 32 years young produced a blistering run down the right of the pitch cut inside 2 defenders and thrashed the ball home afte ronly 3 minutes. Disaster struck 5 minutes later when Asenjo scored an OG. It took us until the 90th minute when Garitano pounced and blasted a shot into the net to give us a win.

Champions League Draw

Our group will contain Barcelona, Celtic and Stuttgart not the easiest group. Last season we had Anderlecht, CSKA Moscow and Lyon so this years draw is a big step up. It will be hard to win the group and to qualify we will have to take at least 4 points from Celtic and Stuttgart.

Not quite as important but we drew Scunthorpe in the league cup 3rd Round.

Club Progression

Most of the younger players in my Nantwich Town squad have been found by going through the international under-21s teams of various countries. Others have been discovered by pure luck just happened to check a team and found some good youth players. These have dried up in recent seasons so I have hired 10 scouts all of whom have at least 17 for judging player CA and 19-20 for judging potential. I have sent two to each youth competition and the rest are roaming the world trying to uncover another Bilic or Irineu. If I find any decent youth players that are non-EU I will seriously think about getting a european feeder club, Spain is good for South Americans and Belgium for other nationalities.

Garitano Grabbed a goal on his internatonal debut just 6 days after his 19th birthday the Nantwich Twon wonderkid is surely destined for greatness. Signed for £6.5 million as a 16 year old he has scored 45 goals in 2 season and many more are to follow.

Archived