[FM09] Nantwich Town - Bigger than Crewe

AcidBurn

He is a bit slow but that can be trained up to a decent level plus he has the acceleration which is what counts in the role I want him for as he will stay in and around the box.

You werent far off at all.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is a bit slow but that can be trained up to a decent level plus he has the acceleration which is what counts in the role I want him for as he will stay in and around the box.

You werent far off at all.

Belief ;)

I believe in you as a manager

Great achievement in claiming a european spot :thup: Bilic looks amazing! One thing i have learnt in your thread is the ability to view your goalscorers on the fixtures screen. I never even knew you could do that! Also, some good signings there to hopefully improve on last years league position. Good luck in Europe. :thup:

manutdl.jpg

The current Man Utd squad Ronaldo is still a beast at 33 and has 139 caps, Reo-Coker has brilliant mental attributes and I am considering a bid as he could be a great tutor with his mental attributes so high.

formations.jpg

These are the formations we used last season the 4-3-3 was the main one but now I am thinking of switching to a 4-4-2 as I prefer two strikers.

Thanks for the replies guys. This season will be the hardest one to improve on I am not sure if we can do it but we do have the talent to do it with a few additions if we can get a bit more consistency in the team.

charlton.jpg

Charlton got promoted in the first season and then have just been floating in midtable championship ever since.

Breaking News

England have won the 2018 World Cup with a 1-0 win over Spain with Wayne Rooney finding the back of the net in the 46th minute of the first half. Less then a week later the English FA decided to release Stuart Pearce from his role as England manager.

Acid Burn has been named as the new England manager some might consider this a good appointment but other media outlets suggest hiring a manager who has no experience beyond the English Premier League could be a mistake. Acid Burn has called up Victor Irineu to the England squad the Brazilian born player revealed last year that he would consider a call up from his adopted nation should he be asked.

Now the question is if Jack Wilshere will be called up as this would benefit Nantwich Town as they are due just over £12 million once Wilshere gains another cap.

Acid, congratulations on your highest league finish.

Bilic looks fantastic btw.

Who are the highest valued players on your game currently? Screenshots of the top 3 would be awesome if it's not too much to ask.

The most expensive player on the game is Henri Saivet for Arsenal at £35 million, Pato is 3rd valued at £32.5 the only regen in the top three is currently 2nd. Iribarren The thing about him is he has had stats as good as those since he was 19. Been a brilliant player possibly the best on the game. Matt Oakley just moved to Barcelona from Portsmouth for £32 million the rest are pretty must players like Fabregas, Messi etc even at 30 plus years old.

Great read, this thread Acid Burn.

Garitano looks like he could be a really good player. A great season for you in the Prem too. Arsenal are beastly..!! 99 points, wow.

Cheers, Arsenal have won every league title apart from 2 and when they didnt win they finished 2nd. Garitano will get a few games this season hopefully he will go on to beat Irineu's total goals for the club as long as he progresses.

Suprised he's that good for a game started on 9.3 patch, looks like a pre-9.3 regen.

Buy him :p

lol I would have to sell the ground and half the team to buy him. The crazy thing about him is he isnt right foot only although it says weak in his positions strange I thought that meant you were one footed.

Thats what I am hoping but top 4 will be hard to crack I am struggling deciding if 4-4-2 is better than 4-3-3 for the upcoming season. Plus I am trying my own 4-4-2 tactic which could be a disaster.

The most expensive player on the game is Henri Saivet for Arsenal at £35 million, Pato is 3rd valued at £32.5 the only regen in the top three is currently 2nd. Iribarren The thing about him is he has had stats as good as those since he was 19. Been a brilliant player possibly the best on the game. Matt Oakley just moved to Barcelona from Portsmouth for £32 million the rest are pretty must players like Fabregas, Messi etc even at 30 plus years old.

Cheers Acid, Iribarren is fantastic.

I've always been a bit dissapointed that the original players last so long at the top on this version.

I'll be following this with interest anyway, after a great start.

Good luck for the next season.

2018-19 Season Transfers

Jeroen Bosz

Jeroen Bosz was signed for £5 million from FC Heerenveen has the stats to make a good target man and at 20 years old can easily improve into a class player with a bit of luck.

Dave Buckley

Youn CM signed for £1 million from Bohemians could spell the end for a player we signed called Tom Carrick but Buckley needs some time before he can get into the first team, maybe he will be loaned out for a season to see how he does.

Gael Clichy

Clichy signed on a free transfer at the young age of 33 could be a risk but we only have Gibbs who can play at LB and Clichy still has decent stats, turned down a host of top clubs such as AC Milan, Valencia and Liverpool to join the mighty Nantwich Town.

Iker Garitano

Already posted a screenshot of Garitano the 16 year old will get a few first team games this season and hopefully this will benefit his stats and our club.

Juan Angel

25 years old he has experience and will provide a solid RB something the club has lacked for a few season now.

Nigel Reo-Coker

Another youngster at 34 years old Reo-Coker is a solid DM and has great mental attributes for 550k could turn out to play one season and they become a tutor or a coach hopefully.

Gabriel

Gabriel the most versatile regen that I have ever seen is a natural at RB, LB, CB and DMC and accomplished at CM, LM and RM. Still only 16 years old he will hopefully develope and become a really good useful member of the team.

Really happy with the team now and we still have a decent bank balance of around £30 million so hopefully we can save up for a new stadium. If we get in the champions league at some point I would love a ground that holds more than 12.5k. The signings bring a good mix for the future in the youngsters Reo-Coker and Clichy bring experience and can last for this season I think Clichy will play for another 2 seasons yet. Got a good RB now which we havent really had for awhile. Hoping we can get up into the top 6 I just aim to improve on last season and I would be happy with anything above 7th really. Could do with the Europa league for the next couple of years really.

Bosz looks quality mate, excellent physical stats.

Clichy is good signing IMO, alot of experience and hasn't lost any of his pace, yet..

Has Reo-Coker got any decent preferred moves he could pass on to the younger ones?

Not really just has good mental attributes and is still good for this season as backup.

Good signings.

4th for you this year is my prediction.

Cheers, I hope you are right you were close last season.

Arsenal.jpg

Best win of my career the 6-0 away win at Man Utd was sweet but being as Arsenal hadnt lost at home for well over a years it was great to see Bilic destroy them. This wins takes us joint top after 8 games 4 points clear of 3rd place Arsenal and behind Man City by 4 goals. I wish we could keep this up.

I face a dileema now we got alot of money from Gerlach playing for Germany so we have £30 million to spend and £50 million bank balance. Question is should I buy a big money signing or stick with the players I currently have, could do with a big solid CB and Willians is past 30 now so need a left winger at some point.

January 2019 Update

EPLJan2018.jpg

We have taken ourselves into 3rd place in the prem and trail leaders Man City by only 3 points after 24 games. We play Man City on the last day of the season at our ground a team that I am pretty sure I have never beaten, we still have Arsenal to play at our home ground aswell. Arsenal knocked us out of the league cup in the 3rd round 3-0. We are still in the FA Cup and the Europa League aswell.

Bilic missed out to Messi in virtually every award, World Player of the Year he was 3rd behind Messi and Pjanic, European Midfielder of the Year 2nd to Messi and World Footballer of the Year alos 2nd to Messi.

Garitano has started his career will so far he has 10 in 14 starts.

Will update at the end of the year, could some top class silverware be on its way to Jackson Avenue for the first time ever?

End of 2018-19 Season Update

EPL.jpg

Did brilliantly in the league to get a 3rd place finish had some great results during the season but just couldnt beat some of the top teams, especially Man City who are wicked on my game first time I have seen them be a dominant force and suprisingly they over took Arsenal this season to ge the title.

League Cup - Out 3-0 to Arsenal in the 3rd Round.

Europa League - We did pretty well and got to the 2nd knockout phase after topping a pretty easy group that contained Aberdeen, FC Groningen and FC Kobenhavn. We then demolished Hearts 6-3 on agg in the 1st knock out round, then we went away to Schalke and lost 1-0 and drew 2-2 at our ground so we went out 3-2. Still a good run for our first try.

FA Cup - Our best run yet but the most disappointing in a way, we beat Middlesboro 1-0 in the semi-finals after knocking out Villa, Ipswich, Forest and Colchester to book a final place against Man City. Bilic put us up 1-0 after 41 seconds but Man City proved to be too strong. Chantome equalise in the 57th minute. Then disaster Subotic got himself sent off in the 84th minute and Theo Walcott scored the winner in the 86th minute. I am probably over reacting but Subotic will now be sold as his mistake cost us dearly.

Fans Player of the Season - Victor Irineu gets this award again after 30 goals in 59 games with a 7.37 average rating.

Highest Average Rating - Irineu 7.37.

Most Assists - Josip Bilic with 22 for the 7th year running.

Garitano-1.jpg

My Player Of the Season - I think Garitano is my player of the season didnt score as many as Irineu but still bagged 20 in 30 starts and at 17 that is brilliant, he is progressing nicely and will eventually be the long term replacement for the brilliant Victor Irineu.

Overall- Brilliant season in the league finishing an extremely high 3rd, bit disappointed with the Europa League as I tihnk we could have done better. Garitano at 17 was wicked as so was Bosz who is only 20 he got 14 goals in 33 games but his power in the air set up many attacks as he held the ball up very well.

I think once again I was guilty of chopping and changing the tactics around too much and maybe thats why we drew so many games. It seems I would try one tactic that would work for a few games and then it was crap so I tried another one and repeated the cycle. Hopefully I can find a stable tactic that will bring good results, I think changing from a 4-3-3 to a 4-4-2 has added alot of good play to the team.

Gerlach who we sold last season along with Wilshere both got international call ups earning us alot of cash, along with the sale of a few reserve players and regens that never made their mark added to the £20 million prize money and Gibbs sold on for £7.5 million we took the bank balance to a staggering £81 million. We were making over £2 million a month and already had a balance of £33 million. The share holders have taken £20 million off us and we have been given a budget of £56 million we spend 576k a week on wages and now have 825k to spend.

Only one signing so far is Gonzalo he is reasonably young and has alot of speed something our defence has missed for a few years now. The question is do I keep trying to find younger players and trying to find bargains as we have only broken £10 million once and that was 4 years ago to bring in Willians or is it time to break the bank to bring in some established stars to take us to the next level?

Cheers, champions league is going to be a struggle. Garitano should become brilliant if I can get his physical attributes and his off the ball stat up he will score alot more. Its better to have higher acceleration than pace aswell but I am hoping to get him to be a bit quicker.

Archived