dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

8,016 posts in this topic

I see Sky Sports News are now reporting it as well, much better source

Much better source? Really? They can talk bollocks themselves sometimes.

Don't think they'd report something like that if there wasn't anything to it.

There better be something behind the scenes then because all we have done is declare our interest and he is refusing to play.

He wont go back unless its for £20m+.

Quoted for when we buy him for £9m on deadline day :cool::lol:

I really don't know to be honest. It'd be tough for Liverpool to swallow their pride enough to sell him back to us for the price we'd be willing to pay, but then if he literally will sign for noone else then it's a choice between say £12m (which we'd pay up front as all our deals are under Ashley) and £80k per week off the books, or Carroll sitting on the bench looking miserable for at least 4 months. Suddenly it doesn't look so clear cut.

Of course if I was Rodgers I'd stop being a tart and bloody well use him, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

AC9? Blimey that's worse than CR7! :D

We've got AC9.1 probably making his debut tonight (Adam Campbell) :D

I'm interested in QPR's panic buying and S*urs' desperation to thin out their squad

QPR are a joke. Their entire 25-man squad will be over 30 at this rate!

QPR are a joke. Their entire 25-man squad will be over 30 at this rate!

They cost me £40 last season, can't wait to get it back

I posted in the Football Forum about the players they have signed thus far. Only Diakite, Fabio & Hoillet under 30.

Looks like they'll get Dawson who is 29. Bit of a step down for him though, he's a very good player, surely he could go to someone better than QPR?

He isnt worth £10m though!!!! Dont forget Carvalho who is 34 and talks of Julio Cesar who is 33?

Maybe not worth £10m to some clubs, but still should be a very astute signing. Much better than their other centre-backs, and will be the leader of the defence- could end up keeping them up.

He's at least as good as Cahill who went for that. You have to add the English/British premium don't forget! Only explanation of why Wolves are getting ~£25m for Jarvis and Fletcher. Madness.

Like I said earlier, Wolves will be licking their lips at the money they have got from the Jarvis/Fletcher deals.

Dawson is a decent buy for QPR I reckon.

Jez Moxey @ Wolves has done a great job getting that money in, someone on the radio said he was a modern day Dick Turpin, brilliant

Heard that Burnley will get £2m from the Fletcher deal and Bury will get £1.5m from the Jarvis deal due to sell on clauses :cool:.

Not bad for them either, I heard Wolves are getting £20mil upfront that should give them some cash to spend. Hope they come straight back always liked Wolves

They dont need their parachute payment now :p.

Newcastle 1-0 down

Please not another Partizan lads :(

It was a pretty odd team that you have put out as well if you ask me.

No but I have seen it on Sky Sports News.

I think the Europa League is a good cup to win, although for my money if they said the winners got a spot in the group stage of the Champions League it would benefit the cup as more would take it more seriously.

:thup::thup::thup::thup: - This

Make the Champions League a true Champions League, 53 League winners + Winner Champs League & Winner Europa League. Completely Unseeded draw 42 teams play in 1st Knockout Qualifiers while other 11 teams get direct entry to group stage.

Then Make the Europa League for ALL FA Cup winners + League Runners up from 11 Nations. Giving 64 teams and can do a single knockout round to get it to 32 teams for the Group Stage...

Of course this will never happen because of money, but oh well, one can dream.

Reina, Robinson, Carra, Agger, Kelly, Hendo, Spearing, Adam, Jonjo, Sterling, Borini

Good side tonight

You have been planning that post all day havent you LLR so you could work it all out ;).

Reina, Robinson, Carra, Agger, Kelly, Hendo, Spearing, Adam, Jonjo, Sterling, Borini

Good side tonight

Yeah I have seen it in the Liverpool thread. Wondering that the set-up will be????

Reina

Kelly - Carra - Agger - Robinson

Spearing - Adam

Henderson - Shelvey - Sterling

Borini

Thats how I think?!

Pretty much agree with that pal.

LLR agree with everything you have just said

We will be given a tough game, but I think 2-0 win. With no Carroll in the squad due to injury I think maybe Borini and Adam with the goals. I hope Borini plays well through the middle.

Ryan Taylor, over the wall!

What's strange about our side, SRL88?

Carroll 'injury' hamstring or groin is it this time. I think 2-0 with Borini and Raheem tonight

What's strange about our side, SRL88?

I dont know, its probably just me to be honest.

Tavernier? Bigirimana? Im guessing they're youth players. I also just do not rate Perch or Williams.

Heard that Burnley will get £2m from the Fletcher deal and Bury will get £1.5m from the Jarvis deal due to sell on clauses :cool:.

Jesus! Bury will be getting £1.5m from the Jarvis deal? Does this mean that I'll get £700k from the Dawson to QPR deal?

Because both me and Bury have about as much to do with those players as each other!!!

I dont know, its probably just me to be honest.

Tavernier? Bigirimana? Im guessing they're youth players. I also just do not rate Perch or Williams.

Perch has been outstanding for the past year, completely different player to the clown who appeared at right back for us at the beginning of 10/11. Tavernier and Bigirimana are youth players, Tav is from the academy and had a couple of very successful loan spells last season which have earned him a chance in the first team, Bigi was signed from Coventry and is very highly rated. Both had excellent preseasons.

Can't disagree with your rating of Williamson though, for a big guy he allows himself to be bullied far too easily, and he visibly panics if he has the ball at his feet for too long.

Perch has been outstanding for the past year, completely different player to the clown who appeared at right back for us at the beginning of 10/11. Tavernier and Bigirimana are youth players, Tav is from the academy and had a couple of very successful loan spells last season which have earned him a chance in the first team, Bigi was signed from Coventry and is very highly rated. Both had excellent preseasons.

Can't disagree with your rating of Williamson though, for a big guy he allows himself to be bullied far too easily, and he visibly panics if he has the ball at his feet for too long.

He learnt that at Wycombe. I've seen it for years.

You have been planning that post all day havent you LLR so you could work it all out ;).

Well given I am in NZ that would've been all night...I just got up, no working out, have previously discussed it with mates here, the decision was, while it would be excellent, UEFA would never go for it because of the money.

Yeah I think the money that the CL gets would not allow them to do that. They took long enough to get rid of the 2nd group stage another stupid decision to have there in the first place should never have had it.

While we are discussing this, would it be possible with the editor to make a Champions League like above?

Would like it to be not sure it would be would the format not be hard coded?

Good result, that (1-1). They don't look up to much, we should score a few against them at St. James'.

Yeah got to be pleased with that Snake. You should go through

Pretty good although I don't think Liverpool or Spurs will take it seriously. Spanish teams seem to love this competition.

I think AVB will take it more seriously than 'Arry did (not tricky, mind).

Hopefully we won't have 10,000 empty seats at each home game like last time.

Sterling had a brilliant first half. Died off in the second but still a MOTM display in my eyes.

Borini can officially consider himself a Liverpool player, now he's hit the woodwork...

Yeah he should have scored that and put away the opportunity which the own goal came from. Anyway, happy with the result.