dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

7,954 posts in this topic

I'm excited that we could possibly get Adam Johnson.

I wouldnt mind us signing him but we would have to get rid of Downing first.

I think we will still get someone SRL88, fingers crossed.

I can admit I am wrong when it comes to Liverpool, I was wrong about Downing badly wrong.

My argument with Suarez is one I still I think I am right although I am sure I am being biased but its just one of those things.

I am not in any shape or form suggesting that Suarez is a bad player. I think he is one of the best footballers around. I just dont rate his ability as a finisher.

Adam Johnson I think is a quality player I just have a feeling that at Liverpool he would not work, at Sunderland though he would be great. With AJ signing for Sunderland would that give Wickham more of a chance, he would be a decent target man would't he?

Ipswich fans could admit that when he played for them but he still went on to play for 2 huge clubs :D.

He was actually less prone to huge mistakes when managed by Steve Bruce. He looked good at times but for some reason he would forget what he was doing and drop a huge clanger.

Wickham is useless nowhere near ready and I am not sure he ever will be. I think Fletcher will do well with McClean, Larsson and AJ supplying him.

Adam Johnson I think is a quality player I just have a feeling that at Liverpool he would not work, at Sunderland though he would be great. With AJ signing for Sunderland would that give Wickham more of a chance, he would be a decent target man would't he?

Or the fact that they are signing Steven Fletcher for £15m who will end up playing every week and is a very, very solid player, despite the overpriced transfer fee.

Yeah I think Fletcher will be a decent signing expensive but decent. I just think Fletcher would work well of a target man. Wickham is an interesting one, didnt he turn down Liverpool to go to Sunderland because he thought he would get first team games.

Or the fact that they are signing Steven Fletcher for £15m who will end up playing every week and is a very, very solid player, despite the overpriced transfer fee.

I don't mean to be a dick but it's £12 million.

We are all blinded that is why football is so great.

Oh dear! That reminds me of a Norwich fan who claimed that they were historically better than Ipswich, aside from the trophy comparisions not bearing out he was trumpetting being 3rd in the first PL season (and even being in the first PL season) as something extra-special (and it admitedly was good), the run to the Uefa cup Quarter-finals (later claiming it as a CL qualification because that's what it would be now), also good but he's somehow claiming that 3rd in the league and a European quarter-final is better then actually having won the league and that very European competition. He tried to justify it by 'supporting the team' but for me that shouldn't excuse blinkered idiocy like saying that Lowestoft were the best team in Suffolk (yep, he said that as well. Not claiming we're not rubbish but really!). I even had to point out that he could have mentioned that they'd been a league side for a while longer, which would have been a good point he could have used. I'm not comparing you to him in any way but just saying that's not necessarily a good thing. It can be for the safe of a bit of fun but not otherwise.

Oh dear! That reminds me of a Norwich fan who claimed that they were historically better than Ipswich, aside from the trophy comparisions not bearing out he was trumpetting being 3rd in the first PL season (and even being in the first PL season) as something extra-special (and it admitedly was good), the run to the Uefa cup Quarter-finals (later claiming it as a CL qualification because that's what it would be now), also good but he's somehow claiming that 3rd in the league and a European quarter-final is better then actually having won the league and that very European competition. He tried to justify it by 'supporting the team' but for me that shouldn't excuse blinkered idiocy like saying that Lowestoft were the best team in Suffolk (yep, he said that as well. Not claiming we're not rubbish but really!). I even had to point out that he could have mentioned that they'd been a league side for a while longer, which would have been a good point he could have used. I'm not comparing you to him in any way but just saying that's not necessarily a good thing. It can be for the safe of a bit of fun but not otherwise.

Jeremy Goss destroying Bayern Munich was one of the best things I have ever seen in football.

I am blinded about Liverpool and I will be the first to admit it. Not perhaps to that level though. For instance that whole Suarez/ Evra thing last year, I felt the Suarez and the club acted very poorly and I was the first to admit this. (please though lets not open that whole can of worms.)

I don't mean to be a dick but it's £12 million.

Yeah, you dick :D.

I am blinded about Liverpool and I will be the first to admit it. Not perhaps to that level though. For instance that whole Suarez/ Evra thing last year, I felt the Suarez and the club acted very poorly and I was the first to admit this. (please though lets not open that whole can of worms.)

We dont bring that up on the forums anymore.

Yeah, you dick :D.

Haha, I'm actually not sure why it would even make me a dick for saying it.

No need to start discussing the whole Evra/Suarez thing it's been discussed to death plenty of times.

Just using it as an example of where I thought Liverpool were wrong. Anyway swiftly moving on will anyone be watching Liverpool glourious return to European Football tonight.

Its looking like some of the younger players will get a game tonight, which will be good, hoping to see Sterling and Morgan get a chance against Hearts. I think this will actually be a tight affair maybe 1-0 or 2-0 to Liverpool

People can be slightly blinded that's football for you as you say but people can also be honest about their own side. I'm sure there are many Man United fans who think Ferdinand is past it.

Well i like to think that those who have had a fair bit of interaction with me will know that i am one least biased football supporters. Up here on my high horse i laugh at those who are so blinkered.

I dislike the way most English teams don't take the Europa League seriously, all that distraction and tiredness stuff is complete crap.

Well i like to think that those who have had a fair bit of interaction with me will know that i am one least biased football supporters. Up here on my high horse i laugh at those who are so blinkered.

If people can't criticise their own players and team there is something wrong with them.

Sorry back to the Wickham thing again, just popped on Twitter that he will be loaned out once Fletch comes to Sunderland, Celtic are favourites for him.

Haha, I'm actually not sure why it would even make me a dick for saying it.

You realed me in to say it so it had to be said :p.

Just using it as an example of where I thought Liverpool were wrong. Anyway swiftly moving on will anyone be watching Liverpool glourious return to European Football tonight.

Its looking like some of the younger players will get a game tonight, which will be good, hoping to see Sterling and Morgan get a chance against Hearts. I think this will actually be a tight affair maybe 1-0 or 2-0 to Liverpool

I wouldnt exactly call it glorious but ok. I think we will win 2-0 with Borini and Carroll grabbing the goals maybe. I hope Carroll starts anyway. He deserves a chance.

I dislike the way most English teams don't take the Europa League seriously, all that distraction and tiredness stuff is complete crap.

Its a competition taken about as serious as the Carling Cup. I was chuffed that we went all out to win it last season, although we did nearly throw it away in the Final. All chances of a trophy should be taken seriously in my eyes.

If people can't criticise their own players and team there is something wrong with them.

You will see plenty of that for Jay Spearing & Charlie Adam from our part :brock:.

I think the Europa League is a good cup to win, although for my money if they said the winners got a spot in the group stage of the Champions League it would benefit the cup as more would take it more seriously.

I think the Europa League is a good cup to win, although for my money if they said the winners got a spot in the group stage of the Champions League it would benefit the cup as more would take it more seriously.

I think that would be a good idea.

As much as I like watching the Champions League I think in a way it made the Premiership pretty boring with the same four clubs constantly getting all the money from it. Man City broke into it by having a sugar daddy and Spurs and Everton were lucky to get 4th. People will disagree but for me the Champions League should be for league winners only.

I think that would be a good idea.

As much as I like watching the Champions League I think in a way it made the Premiership pretty boring with the same four clubs constantly getting all the money from it. Man City broke into it by having a sugar daddy and Spurs and Everton were lucky to get 4th. People will disagree but for me the Champions League should be for league winners only.

I could not agree more. I hate the fact that teams would rather finish 4th than win a cup, I can see why they do but it drives me mad. Liverpool have been guilty of it in the past. Should be Champions League with unseeded knockout like the good ol' days. It never will be though due to the money involved.

You wont find me arguing against you two there mind.

It's all about the money I have always thought the FA Cup should bring a Champions League place, I know that might result in the bigger sides playing full strength teams and therefore not many surprise wins. However surprise wins would still be possible in a one off game. If only Champions played in the Champions League the secondary competition would have some very good teams in it. As for seeding I don't think it should happen now I think the group stage draws should be completely random including the possibility of facing a side from your own country. Would love a group with Man United, Man City, Real Madrid and Barcelona or one with four relatively unknown teams.

The Europa League this season is looking very tasty with some top teams in it.

Atletico Madrid, Spurs, Lyon, Bayer Leverkusen, Rubin Kazan, Liverpool, Newcastle, PSV, Stuttgart, Levante, Lazio, Sporting, Bordeaux, Inter Milan, Marseille, Feyenoord, FC Twente, Napoli, CSKA Moscow etc etc. The list goes on. Some cracking teams in it.

Pretty good although I don't think Liverpool or Spurs will take it seriously. Spanish teams seem to love this competition.

Pretty good although I don't think Liverpool or Spurs will take it seriously. Spanish teams seem to love this competition.

Spurs maybe not, but I think you will see us use a blend of youngsters and senior players. Certainly until the latter stages, if we get that far.

Jonathan Wilson just tweeted that Carroll set up 7 chances against West Brom - more than Cazorla managed for Arsenal. AC9 :cool:I'd love it on so many levels if we signed him back, especially if it's for less than £12m. Personally I have a gut feeling it could actually happen.

If you lot don't play Suarez, Gerrard, Agger and Lucas then that for me is not taking it seriously.

Jonathan Wilson just tweeted that Carroll set up 7 chances against West Brom - more than Cazorla managed for Arsenal. AC9 :cool:I'd love it on so many levels if we signed him back, especially if it's for less than £12m. Personally I have a gut feeling it could actually happen.

How would it work with Carroll, Ba and Cisse(Who I'm pretty jealous of you lot getting)

In respect to the Europa League, if Newcastle ever pull a Pulis and put out a rubbish team in order to deliberately get eliminated, I'd be absolutely livid. I love seeing my team in Europe, I'd rather get relegated winning the Europa League than chuck in the towel for the sake of requalifying for next year's competition. Utter madness - THAT is what's killing football.

I think we will take it seriously just maybe after Hearts. I think Carroll will go back to Newcastle on deadline day.

In respect to the Europa League, if Newcastle ever pull a Pulis and put out a rubbish team in order to deliberately get eliminated, I'd be absolutely livid. I love seeing my team in Europe, I'd rather get relegated winning the Europa League than chuck in the towel for the sake of requalifying for next year's competition. Utter madness - THAT is what's killing football.

Couldn't agree more.

How would it work with Carroll, Ba and Cisse(Who I'm pretty jealous of you lot getting)
We could end up playing 50 games this season without any sort of decent cup run, so they'd probably rotate. I think if we had to shoehorn them into one team, Ba could play deeper, but I don't think that's what we'd buy him for. Either way, if we got him it'd be our best and most exciting strikeforce since Shearer, Sir Les and Pedro.

He wont go back unless its for £20m+.

If you lot don't play Suarez, Gerrard, Agger and Lucas then that for me is not taking it seriously.

Lucas and Agger are in the squad tonight with Agger definitely starting as he misses the Man City match.

Martin Jol claims there have been no offers for Dempsey so far.

Martin Jol claims there have been no offers for Dempsey so far.

Hmm not sure I believe him though I think not just Liverpool but number of clubs including Sunderland have made a bid. If he is telling the truth then I expect a bid to happen by someone before deadline day.

Not sure why he would lie, they want rid of him if someone meets there valuation.

I dont believe we will make a move until we get rid of a couple. Spearing being one.

No bid has been made but Fulham have made an official complaint about Liverpool over the saga

No bid has been made but Fulham have made an official complaint about Liverpool over the saga

Says who???

AC9? Blimey that's worse than CR7! :D

It could have been worse I am sure.

The all knowing internet.

Very trustworthy source.