dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

7,949 posts in this topic

Yeah I thought that, isreal isnt European but yeah I know what your saying ;) Going to load up the big five leagues (England,Spain,Italy,Germany,France) to quite a low level then a few random european countries like Iceland, Denmark etc and see where I end up. Would like a job in one of the big five countries but with Sunday League rep that probably wont be possible

They play in European competitions, so european ;) you might end up at the bottom of a big 5 league

They play in European competitions, so european ;) you might end up at the bottom of a big 5 league

Do they? Well I did not know that. Yeah thats what I was thinking, BSP sort of level.

If you start will Sunday League rep you will be offered a job in a lower division like BSS or BSN

Anyone played Sleeping Dogs yet? Much more fun than GTA.

Anyone played Sleeping Dogs yet? Much more fun than GTA.

I've been playing GTAIV lots to get my fix in anticipation of GTAV. :D

But I'm hearing good things about Sleeping Dogs, just don't fancy the pricepoint on Steam. Is the game moddable?

But I'm hearing good things about Sleeping Dogs, just don't fancy the pricepoint on Steam. Is the game moddable?

Not sure I got it on the xbox 360. It's mainly about the hand to hand combat which is something GTA completely sucks at.

Not sure I got it on the xbox 360. It's mainly about the hand to hand combat which is something GTA completely sucks at.

One thing I do like though is that it's based in HK, which is something I really wished GTA would have. And the English to Canto to English convos seem pretty good and realistic. :D

The city seems a lot busier than the GTA cities and the police are a lot more brutal than GTA which makes fighting them pretty hard work at times.

Don't get me wrong I love GTA but for me 4 was less fun than San Andreas. Hopefully with Saints Row 3 and Sleeping Dogs being so much fun it will inspire GTA 5 to be brilliant. I really wish these games had the ability to enter every building, hold up every shop and steal every house.

Have you seen anything about Dishonoured or Watch Dogs?

Dishonored looks absolutely brilliant, very excited to play it!

I've played a bit of Sleeping Dogs and I'm really enjoying it so far. The Hong Kong in the game is a bustling city and improves on Liberty City, and the hand to hand combat is much better to, with some brutal environmental kills and weapon use more realistic and graphic.

Very sluggish start to the season. Expecting it to pick up over the next couple of weeks, but not the greatest introduction to football after a long time without any.

I'm still trying to complete Skyrim before GTA comes out. Not sure I will. :D

Very sluggish start to the season. Expecting it to pick up over the next couple of weeks, but not the greatest introduction to football after a long time without any.

It's been brilliant, what are you on about?

QPR spending loads of money and getting botted 5-0, West Brom embarassing Liverpool, Man City v Southampton was an absolutely brilliant match, Wigan dominating Chelsea for 90% of the match and still losing, the second half of Newcastle v Spurs was great.

It's been brilliant, what are you on about?

QPR spending loads of money and getting botted 5-0, West Brom embarassing Liverpool, Man City v Southampton was an absolutely brilliant match, Wigan dominating Chelsea for 90% of the match and still losing, the second half of Newcastle v Spurs was great.

Aye, but United lost :(

As a fan of a team who until recently made a habit of losing in new and hilarious ways, I do not feel your pain. :p

The season is 1 game old. You cant look into anything at the moment to be honest.

Despite Liverpool's shocking display (it's only one game, so it's bound to get better! :D), I found the opening weekend utterly fantastic!

The unpredictability of the Premier League is one of it's major attractions, and it certainly didn't let us down. At one point, I had convinced myself that Southampton were going to walk away from Manchester, the home of the champions, with all three points- what a game it was! I'm going to the Saints next two home fixtures, so they've got a lot to live up to after that performance!

And as much as it pains me to say it, Everton put in an amazing display last night. They made Utd look pretty average, which is no mean feat, and all eleven players put in quite a shift. Fellaini played a blinder, and deserves the praise he's got, but I also thought both Jagielka and Distin were immense too.

After the success of the Olympics, football has got a lot to live up to this season, but my appetite's been whetted already!

Despite Liverpool's shocking display

Flawed statement!!!

We dominated the first half and one goal changed the game. Again in the second half, the sending off completely changed things further. We played really well up until the sending off and if it wasnt for Suarez' shocking finishing who knows what would have happened.

Suarez was finishing like Titus Bramble and that's what made the performance so bad. Although Liverpool's defending was awful at times.

Crewe winning after 1 minute!

Just been posting in the Liverpool thread and people saying we should thing this player and that player and our main priority should be a striker. An example was Pablo Hernandez :rolleyes:. I am just not in the mood for a tricky little player now. I said if we do sign a striker it should be someone who doesnt have to be this world class striker who can do everything. He can be average but as long as when he is put through on goal he scores more often than not. An example I gave was Darren Bent, or even Defoe.

I think either would do but then again I think Andy Carroll should be given a chance, I don't believe all that rubbish about him not being a Rodgers type of player. Darren Bent would score loads of goals for Liverpool even more than Defoe in my opinion.

The worst thing is, despite any weaknesses that Andy Carroll has, he can be absolutely unplayable :(.

I think he'd come good if he got a chance, towards the end of last season he was awesome at times.

Perhaps I should rephrase it to 'Despite Liverpool shocking result' then... :p

I'm not going to get into a debate about it (there's plenty of other people willing to get extremely heated about LFC), but surely the ability to find the net contributes to the overall display of a team- despite the positives, this has been a big concern for a while now.

As I've said, it's only one game, and the results/performances/displays are bound to improve as the players embed BR's system and philosophy, but we must find a way to put away our chances. I don't see Suarez as a 20 goals a season man, and we will do well to get a decent poacher in before the window closes, so it's probably going to be a case of making the best of what we've got.

Andy Carroll's brilliant, I think Rodgers sees him as this massive plank with no footballing ability but his touch is actually very good, and he's more than good enough to get involved in the build-up when he's on form. He'll do better than Gerrard did at least!

I'm not going to get into a debate about it (there's plenty of other people willing to get extremely heated about LFC), but surely the ability to find the net contributes to the overall display of a team- despite the positives, this has been a big concern for a while now.

As I've said, it's only one game, and the results/performances/displays are bound to improve as the players embed BR's system and philosophy, but we must find a way to put away our chances. I don't see Suarez as a 20 goals a season man, and we will do well to get a decent poacher in before the window closes, so it's probably going to be a case of making the best of what we've got.

Suarez gets so many chance he should be scoring 25-30 goals a season but he is a poor finisher.

As for Andy Carroll, I'm a Sunderland fan and I even consider him to be a really good player. If he had gone for £15 million instead of £35 million no one would really be questioning him.

That is better :thup:.

Why did Borini play wide and Suarez central out of interest? Isn't Borini more of a goal-getter supposedly?

Suarez reminds me of Jonas, unbelievably good on the ball but as soon as he tries to pass, shoot or cross you see why he's playing for Newcastle/Liverpool rather than a big club.

Why did Borini play wide and Suarez central out of interest? Isn't Borini more of a goal-getter supposedly?

Suarez reminds me of Jonas, unbelievably good on the ball but as soon as he tries to pass, shoot or cross you see why he's playing for Newcastle/Liverpool rather than a big club.

Except for the away tie to Gomel where Borini played through the middle and was average, he has played wide. He got the goal against Gomel from the left hand side to. The way I see it is that over the course of the season you will see them swapping around a lot. I just think Borini isnt used to the league and he is out wide rather than being isolated upfront on his own.

You clearly dont know either club. They are absolutley massive, massive clubs. You have had to take a step backwards to go forward and we are doing the same, but both clubs are unreal in the size and stature.

Except for the away tie to Gomel where Borini played through the middle and was average, he has played wide. He got the goal against Gomel from the left hand side to. The way I see it is that over the course of the season you will see them swapping around a lot. I just think Borini isnt used to the league and he is out wide rather than being isolated upfront on his own.

You clearly dont know either club. They are absolutley massive, massive clubs. You have had to take a step backwards to go forward and we are doing the same, but both clubs are unreal in the size and stature.

He's a Newcastle fan.

He's a Newcastle fan.

I know, which is why I was more shocked at the comment.

Saying you dont know either club was probably the wrong term of phrase to use though.

I think he just means in recent football, if you are honest Man United, Man City and Chelsea are more attractive for players than Liverpool or Newcastle.

Oh yeah, no doubt about that at all. I just think to diminish either clubs size isnt fair.

Yeah I meant big as in Real Madrid/Barca/Man Utd big. I was also winding you up a bit... :D

I was also winding you up a bit... :D

:herman:!!!!

How many minutes extra time were signalled, 3? :lol:

:herman:!!!!

Wasn't it an obvious one? :p

Wasn't it an obvious one? :p

I could see the half arsed attempt which I didnt want to bite at so I tried to class Newcastle as a big club in the process :brock:.

My point still stands though, if Suarez or Jonas could cross, shoot or pass as well as they could dribble they'd be at the likes of Real Madrid. Both very classy players who are bizarrely poor (compared to their all-round ability) at actually kicking the thing.

Suarez can do everything on a pitch and when he is on song he can score from anywhere, but he is so bloody frustrating sometimes.

So can Jonas, he often doesn't though. What he is always good at (same with Suarez) is dribbling. Everything else often is not all there.

Suarez was finishing like Titus Bramble and that's what made the performance so bad.

That's because he's a poor finisher.

Perhaps he should stop trying to score by shooting, and try just dribbling around everyone into the net? He'd probably get a few per season doing that to be honest!

He pretty much proved that against Man Utd when we beat them 3-1 with Kuyt scoring a hat-trick :p.