dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

7,941 posts in this topic

As I said, not the starting 11 :D. Where do you think Kagawa will play? Then there is also the headache of fitting Welbeck in.

And the rest. It'll be excitingi, that's for sure. Personally I'd want something like this;

De Gea

Valencia - Vidic - Evans - Evra

Carrick - Cleverley

Nani - Kagawa - Rooney

van Persie

I anticipate lots of movement between our front players, which could be great to watch. Add to that loads of rotation with Scholes, Anderson, Young, Hernandez, Welbeck, etc, etc.

Just crazy times ahead.

I didnt even think of Valencia playing right back which I know he has done a few times. Evans but no Rio???? Do you not think Hernandez will leave? Even if only on loan!!!

What's your opinion on Evra, tom? As a neutral I have to say he looks pretty close to done.

I didnt even think of Valencia playing right back which I know he has done a few times. Evans but no Rio???? Do you not think Hernandez will leave? Even if only on loan!!!

Why let Hernandez go? We've got four very good strikers who all offer something different. I wouldn't want any of them to leave, even on loan.

Rio is still useful but not what he was. In situations where we have to defend that bit deeper he will still excellent to have in the side. Overall Evans was probably our best player last season to be honet. Of course got to see how a partnership between him and Vidic goes.

Valencia has played there a few times in preseason and indeed previously competitive games. We seem to have working on a Barcelona type system in preseason where the fullbacks bomb on and a CM drops inbetween the CB's to form a back three. In our case that's be Carrick. If we were going to persist with that, then playing Valencia at RB would be a viable option.

What's your opinion on Evra, tom? As a neutral I have to say he looks pretty close to done.

I genuinely think he is just knackered. He's hardly missed a game for the last five seaosons, and as much as I mean physically knackered, I'd say mentally knackered aswell. His emotional state wouldn't have been helped over the last couple of years either with the issues at the 2010 World Cup and all the stuff that went on last season.

And before anyone starts, I'm not getting involved with Liverpool fans or anyone else in a discussion about the racism incident.

With that in mind I guess you would have been surprised to see Fabio go out on loan and noone else come in (as yet) at left back?

I suppose it looked pretty cut and dried that Baines would be joining earlier in the summer, but it kind of petered out, and now the Rodwell deal has happened Everton won't need to sell again. Heard of any more targets?

Never even heard a reliable snippet about Baines apart from the usual nonsens in the papers.

Fabio's an odd one. He's had so many injuries since he came over from Brazil that he has never really been able to have a proper run of games. The only time he did was towards the end of the 2010/11 season - and that was at rightback!

Probably been discussed before but what are people aims for FM13?

I hope to achieve my goal of winning all continents Champions League without getting distracted into managing Crewe. Hoping for a long career thread like I had on FM11 and FM10 but not quite achieved on FM12 because of a crashed save game. Wouldn't mind creating an obscure league and a World Champions League and trying to make a team from Mongolia the biggest in the world but that might take some time.

Anyone off to watch any football matches over the weekend? I'm off to see Crewe and Notts County, where hopefully future England superstar Max Clayton will get a couple of goals as well as the crazy Pogba.

Anyone off to watch any football matches over the weekend?

Well you, and anyone else from the GPTG Off Topic Thread will know my answer to that question.

Frigging trip to Merseyside on a Monday night. :thdn:

No. I go to just about every first team game so going to reserve games aswell would be a bit much!

Didn't think you did as you say it would be way too much. Want to try and keep tabs on Nick Powell this season and see how he gets on, very curious.

Frigging trip to Merseyside on a Monday night. :thdn:

Massive difference between there and Manchester I must say :rolleyes:. Everton's ground sucks though, especially the away end with all the lovely pillars blocking your view :brock:.

Massive difference between there and Manchester I must say :rolleyes:.

You are irrelevant to this as you are not a native.

You are irrelevant to this as you are not a native.

Would you want to be?!?!

Would you want to be?!?!

Not remotely. I hate the accent and having being to place a lot of times, I think it's pretty hideous.

Not remotely. I hate the accent and having being to place a lot of times, I think it's pretty hideous.

Despite being a fan, I cant say I argue with you to much. I have been there more than enough times to be able to judge, as I can with 80% of the country.

I think I'll probably RP as an Eastern European or South American manager, journeyman it up again but in different countries than on FM12.

I will be doing a journeyman save again. I will start as soon as the full FM13 version comes out so I will have longer to play it than my current one which I started in December I think.

Promotion and Survival will be regular features as I'll only be taking over lower league clubs, hopefully pushing on to a title or two and maybe the CL as usual. While I'd probably struggle on one-club saves I'll probably try and stick out the first club for as long as I can.

Unemployed. Load the majority of the leagues, and see what happens. :)

Although if there's a Belarussian edit that goes down to Tier 4, I would like to manage a certain team there to start off my career game instead of starting unemployed.

I think I'll probably RP as an Eastern European or South American manager, journeyman it up again but in different countries than on FM12.

Would be very interesting, I wish I played in more countries I have never managed in.

I will be doing a journeyman save again. I will start as soon as the full FM13 version comes out so I will have longer to play it than my current one which I started in December I think.

It will take some beating to do a more interesting thread than your this times round, definitely going for monthly updates on my FM13 one.

Promotion and Survival will be regular features as I'll only be taking over lower league clubs, hopefully pushing on to a title or two and maybe the CL as usual. While I'd probably struggle on one-club saves I'll probably try and stick out the first club for as long as I can.

Once at the top will you only move to lower league clubs?

Unemployed. Load the majority of the leagues, and see what happens. :)

Although if there's a Belarussian edit that goes down to Tier 4, I would like to manage a certain team there to start off my career game instead of starting unemployed.

Interesting to see you start with a club rather than unemployed.

I'm annoyed at the editor, I can change the World Club competition into a World Champions League and delete continental competitions. The problem is I cannot add a World Cup Winners Cup and a World version of the Europa League, I can add the rules but it never shows up in the game, no one in the editors forum seems to know why. Might have to contact someone at SI to ask.

It will take some beating to do a more interesting thread than your this times round, definitely going for monthly updates on my FM13 one.

I see this as a challenge set :brock:.

The only other thing I can think of doing is start at a club and do something similar to Dafuge, but I would probably get bored quickly being at one club I think.

I see this as a challenge set :brock:.

The only other thing I can think of doing is start at a club and do something similar to Dafuge, but I would probably get bored quickly being at one club I think.

I'm hoping to stay as long as Dafuge does at one club with a Mongolian side.

I'm hoping to stay as long as Dafuge does at one club with a Mongolian side.

Bloody hell. Now that would be different indeed.

Any ideas on where you would like that save to end up?

I am torn between a few of ideas for my Career in FM13:

1) Starting out as Arsenal bringing them back to some trophies breaking the ridiculous drought and then heading off shore following my heart a bit.

2) A Similar Eastern European Challenge to what I am currently doing, giving the Iron Curtain a real push

3) My normal Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Bloody hell. Now that would be different indeed.

Any ideas on where you would like that save to end up?

I'm going to delete all continental competition and create a World Champions League. I did it on FM11, then I'll take the Mongolian side and attempt to make them the biggest in the world. I intend to have a non-seeded competition so random draws throughout with huge prize money.

I'm going to delete all continental competition and create a World Champions League. I did it on FM11, then I'll take the Mongolian side and attempt to make them the biggest in the world. I intend to have a non-seeded competition so random draws throughout with huge prize money.

Oh right cool. Sounds like an interesting save one one I will look forward to reading.

Anyone off to watch any football matches over the weekend?

I was at Fratton Park today, which has really tempted me to start a save with Pompey on FM13.

Hopefully it'll be entertaining to read, I just hope I can get the World CL functioning properly. Deciding the set up and prize money is not easy.

I was at Fratton Park today, which has really tempted me to start a save with Pompey on FM13.

Do you ever start as Pompey?

That bring me on to my other idea. Start in NI (again) and aim for the same things, but this time by moving around the clubs. Perhaps by doing that I could get the infrastructure at other clubs improved a lot quicker than it has been in my current game.

Do you ever start as Pompey?

I often play as them with the demo, but I've never started a proper game with them.

Once at the top will you only move to lower league clubs?

Yes, thinking of having Barcelona as an exception (and Ipswich if they ever become an established PL side, but how likely is that? :D) but not sure whether to either not do that or having as an 'unlockable bonus' after winning the CL or something. Either way I'll be applying my current save's U21 signing rule if I go there. Should be interesting as by the time I'm able to chose whatever I want (which will take a lot of seasons) there should be some relatively big clubs in various nations that have been relegated. Been wanting to do it ever since I started the last one, even have had a title sorted for a couple of months.

Your World CL idea sounds quite something.

Yes, thinking of having Barcelona as an exception (and Ipswich if they ever become an established PL side, but how likely is that? :D) but not sure whether to either not do that or having as an 'unlockable bonus' after winning the CL or something. Either way I'll be applying my current save's U21 signing rule if I go there. Should be interesting as by the time I'm able to chose whatever I want (which will take a lot of seasons) there should be some relatively big clubs in various nations that have been relegated. Been wanting to do it ever since I started the last one, even have had a title sorted for a couple of months.

Your World CL idea sounds quite something.

Sounds good look forward to reading it, looks like there could be some very interesting threads around for FM13 not that there aren't for FM12.

Just hope I can get World CL working and the ability to add a World Cup Winners Cup would make my day.

Interesting to see you start with a club rather than unemployed.

If there are no changes from FM12 with this Belarussian club, I will probably wait for the FM13 edit and then start that career. I usually don't start with a club in a journeyman save, even TFC or my favourite Asian clubs, but I'm managing this club atm and it's loads of fun. Otherwise, I'm backpacking off to Southeast Asia again. :)

My current all-European save is lots of fun but it's more enjoyable to me with a balance of leagues around the world.

Looking forward to reading the thread about the FMCU Awards to. Usually an interesting read.

Ahhhhhh Crook Town :cool:. Played against them a fair few times :brock:.

Ahhhhhh Crook Town :cool:. Played against them a fair few times :brock:.

I was going to go watch them yesterday but had to go to spennymoor instead :(

I was going to go watch them yesterday but had to go to spennymoor instead :(

I used to play for them :brock:, and I am from 5 minutes up the road in Kirk Merrington.

I used to play for them :brock:, and I am from 5 minutes up the road in Kirk Merrington.

o only went because i had to rate a couple of guys for FM13 and one of them didn't even come off the bench grrr.

I think with FM13. I might actually start in the Premier League. Total break with all my rules and traditions.

Good result for us yesterday, not that we played well for most of the game! Tiote and Cabaye particularly struggled, it was patently obvious that neither are 100% fit. Ben Arfa took a few minutes to get into the game but once he was he was excellent, always looks so dangerous on the ball. Ba's goal was a lovely finish, great to see him score again!

Really impressed by Perch again at centreback, was very worried when I found out Coloccini was out but he did very well indeed. He can't cope with physical attackers as well as Coloccini, but he's as good as anyone we have at defending on the deck. Incredible to think how bad he looked when we first signed him.

Only negative really is that I took Ba and Ben Arfa out of my fantasy team because I didn't think they'd play!

I'm planning an assault on the Asian Champions League, and if I ever manage to win it, I'll move to Brazil and try to work my way up their league system.

I had a great time with Persijap in Indonesia on my first FMCU thread, but the Indonesian leagues were bugged in FM12 so I got fed up and got a job elsewhere - would like to do it again, properly. And I've never played in the Brazilian leagues at all - about time I did.

For FM13 I was thinking of starting a challenge on CSE similar to what Dafuge is talking about, basically taking on a small country with a poor league then wandering around various clubs there in order to make it the biggest league in the world. Probably in Finland. However I'm a little afraid I might get bored of it, and may instead do journeyman across multiple nations again.

I have a dilemma in my career thread at the moment. I took over a ridiculously rich Real Madrid that had not been winning anything because it was packed with the players from the beginning of the game and they were all in their 30s and getting older and older. I basically bought an entire new team (think I only kept 2 forwards!) and spent 500M€ on it. Within 2 seasons I've won everything bar the Club World Cup. Now I really want that trophy, but I feel like I've done the job and it doesn't feel like an accomplishment really. So, stay or leave (probably off to England as I don't remember ever winning the Premier League in FM)?

Hoping to be able to get into a long game. I keep saying I'll hold off on buying it, but there will probably be some new feature that causes me to go WANT NOW. :(

Although I might hold off this time, as the R key has fallen off my laptop, giving me an excuse to look for a new one.

Anyone off to watch any football matches over the weekend? I'm off to see Crewe and Notts County, where hopefully future England superstar Max Clayton will get a couple of goals as well as the crazy Pogba.

Not this weekend, but I'm on holiday in less than a fortnight. Assuming my car checks out when I take it in for a looksie later this week, I plan to drive out to Salt Lake to see RSL v DC United. Will be my 4th MLS ground (the others are Colorado, Columbus and Kansas City).

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I plan on starting a game lower down the leagues and more specficaly a journeyman save. Im not going to be doing a career thread as I play way to slowly for it to be worthwhile. But the question I have is regarding which leagues to load, and seen as most people in this forum play journeyman games makes sense that you guys will know best,

My computer isnt very good to put it bluntly. Can manage to run most of the european leagus pretty well but if I start venturing to far off reaches of the globe it quickly slows down. Would I be able to find a job to kick off the career somewhere within the European leagues if I started with a sunday league reputation? Just worried I wont have a high enough rep to find a job somewhere in Europe. I plan on playing pretty realisically i.e only taking realistic jobs, working my way up slowly. Anyone any recomendations?

yea you will get offeres from the lowest rep teams without a manager in the lowerst rep countries so expect to start in somewhere like iceland, isreal etc.

yea you will get offeres from the lowest rep teams without a manager in the lowerst rep countries so expect to start in somewhere like iceland, isreal etc.

Yeah I thought that, isreal isnt European but yeah I know what your saying ;) Going to load up the big five leagues (England,Spain,Italy,Germany,France) to quite a low level then a few random european countries like Iceland, Denmark etc and see where I end up. Would like a job in one of the big five countries but with Sunday League rep that probably wont be possible