dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

8,019 posts in this topic

In general, yes, but as an Ipswich fan we look mired in mediocrity for eternity, and too many strong sides around this year for that to change so not sure there'll be much to remember.

I am slightly scepticle about our season, but optimistic at the same time. I dont think we will get in the top 4, but I think a sustained push is probable. I am looking forward to the way we develop under Brendan Rodgers throughout the season as I think he could be a perfect fit for us. I just hope he gets the time to prove his worth because one season just isnt enough.

I am looking forward to seeing Joe Allen in action for us, and Borini should be full of confidence after scoring against Gomel. I just hope we sell Charlie Adam ASAP. He is turd!!! I would like to see us do a swap deal between Dempsey & Adam. I wouldnt disagree with Rodgers if we sold Andy Carroll for the benefit of all parties, but he scored a nice goal today against Leverkusen...although the goalkeeper should have done better. If we do decide to sell Daniel Agger to City, we have to be stubborn like other teams are with us. No way is he worth £27m, but stand firm and make sure they pay it. Or, £22m plus Adam Johnson.

Do you have any other CB's if Agger went? I can only think of Skrtel, Carragher and Coates. We have been linked to Adam but I think it's just a twitter rumour, to be fair I'd take him but if he came I could see it being as a replacement for Sess. Thing is Sess is a lot better than Adam.

I am,I've missed club football as I couldn't really get into the Olympic football or the Euros!!

I'm a Man City fan and to be fair I think we should be fine for this season,we did play some brilliant football today which is encouraging as we played a new formation.I also like the Rodwell signing,with Barry being 31 and De Jong's contract talks stalling,he should be able to help and will also contribute to the home grown quota.I don't honestly think City need much more other then a centre back for cover due to Kolo possibly going.I would love to see John Guidetti go out on loan to a Premier League side,he did well in the Netherlands last season but will be more interesting to see if he can cut in English top flight.

With Sunderland,if Fletcher is costing £15 million then I think that is a bit too much but due to what is available,you may have no choice although I would love to see some City players at Sunderland on loan mainly Razak and Guidetti as I do have a soft spot for Sunderland.

Do you have any other CB's if Agger went? I can only think of Skrtel, Carragher and Coates. We have been linked to Adam but I think it's just a twitter rumour, to be fair I'd take him but if he came I could see it being as a replacement for Sess. Thing is Sess is a lot better than Adam.

Martin Kelly is primarly a centre back, but otherwise just what is in the reserves or youth team. There have been a few rumours going round that we will replace him with Diego Godin from Atletico Madrid. Carra is to old now, and to be fair, I dont think Skrtel likes playing with him to be honest.

If anyone bid in the region of £5m for Adam we should snap their hands off. He is a very average player who looked world class in an average Blackpool side. If he plays advanced he could be decent because he is good at shooting and playing through balls, but when he plays in the centre of midfield like he does for us he is shocking. He cant tackle for ****.

We are going to have no choice but to pay it, it doesn't help that clubs know we are desperate for a striker. I heard that Guidetti would have already signed for us on loan but he has some sort of virus that is stopping him from training. I can't see beyond City for the title this season.

I loved the Olympics watched lots of different sports and was hooked on a few. I thought overall the Euro's were poor to watch.

Martin Kelly is primarly a centre back, but otherwise just what is in the reserves or youth team. There have been a few rumours going round that we will replace him with Diego Godin from Atletico Madrid. Carra is to old now, and to be fair, I dont think Skrtel likes playing with him to be honest.

If anyone bid in the region of £5m for Adam we should snap their hands off. He is a very average player who looked world class in an average Blackpool side. If he plays advanced he could be decent because he is good at shooting and playing through balls, but when he plays in the centre of midfield like he does for us he is shocking. He cant tackle for ****.

I think he would be a good replacement for Sess if we had to lose him, it would mean he would play very advanced behind our striker if we ever sign one.

With Sunderland,if Fletcher is costing £15 million then I think that is a bit too much but due to what is available,you may have no choice although I would love to see some City players at Sunderland on loan mainly Razak and Guidetti as I do have a soft spot for Sunderland.

I thought he was going to Sunderland anyway?

I've heard Swansea and Sunderland but there hasn't been any concrete offers yet.

I think he would be a good replacement for Sess if we had to lose him, it would mean he would play very advanced behind our striker if we ever sign one.

It looks like Fletcher is the one MON has set his heart on so I would expect you to push through with the deal, even if it does cost you £12-15m. He isnt worth it in my eyes, but that seems to be the going rate for ok players these days. Although Gylfi joined Spurs for £9m which just flabergasts me. That is the bargain of the season.

I'm pretty sure his move anywhere is being delayed due to some sort of injury/virus thing.

Gylfi was pretty poor on loan at Crewe as a youngster.

Gylfi was pretty poor on loan at Crewe as a youngster.

I just remember him being an average player until he somehow overnight became a world beater for Reading and then Hoffenheim signed him.

We loaned him from Reading during the disastrous season that we decided to put an ex-Stoke Icelandic manager in charge and have Gradi step down. He never did anything wrong but didn't really do too much right, like you said next thing I know he's playing great for Reading then off to Germany then back playing well for Swansea. Wonder if Van der Vaart is on his way now they have Sigurdsson.

Although the rumours are there about Van der Vaart, he seems content to stay. From what I have gathered, Gylfi will be a replacement for Modric and play in the middle of the part whilst VdV will play off the front as usual. Spurs are in desperate need of strikers as well. If only Adebayor wasnt such a greedy ****.

They need strikers yet Defoe is constantly linked with a move away.

Where do you think RVP will end up at?

Wouldn't surprise me if he stayed at Arsenal, heard that Juventus have cooled their interest, can't see City coming in for him. Will Man United be willing to pay the wage he will want?

I dont think its to do with the wage he wants, just rather if Wenger will want to sell to Man Utd, or more specifically Fergie.

We all know that Rodgers is preparing a swap deal between him & Andy Caroll ;).

I dont think its to do with the wage he wants, just rather if Wenger will want to sell to Man Utd, or more specifically Fergie.

We all know that Rodgers is preparing a swap deal between him & Andy Caroll ;).

Haha, you want Heskey back really.

I think they would sell to Man United but I don't think Man United want to pay what it would take plus his £200,000 salary on top.

Haha, you want Heskey back really.

Sinama-Pongolle :brock:.

I tell you, if Heskey played remotely close to the way he did at Leicester and when he first joined us he would be a solid signing for most. He just went completely off the boil and hasnt really picked up.

I agree he was a beast at Leicester, they should have tried to hypnotise him or something it was all in his head.

I wonder for what reason he turned down Hull.

Not sure, I was worried as hell that Martin O'Neill was going to bring him here when I heard his contract had expired.

Haha. Ive read a lot of rumours on the Internet, and some in the Northern Echo that you are chasing Stephen Warnock.

It was Warnock and James Collins at one point. We need a left back and it looks like we want Scott Dann for CB, can't believe we sold Turner and kept Bramble.

I know no one probably cares but Crewe have the brother of the ex-Man United Pogba. He is mad either messes up or bumbles his way through everyone somehow keeping the ball. I can see it being fun watching him this season, he'll score some great goals and miss some easy chances.

Definitely looking forward to the new season!

Newcastle have done some tidy business so far, Bigirimana especially looks a great buy. I think we're a bit short of first-team cover though, especially as we have the Europa League to consider as well (really hope we take it seriously - I think we will). Guthrie was a big loss in that respect, but perhaps the management are expecting Abeid and/or Vuckic to take up the slack.

It looks like we'll get Vernon Anita in early next week (although after the Debuchy saga I won't believe it until I see him in the strip), which will hopefully be good as he's apparently quite versatile. We've also been linked with Van der Wiel, which would be excellent, and Loic Remy, although that one seems to be a non-starter at the moment.

Scott Dann would be interesting. Solid player, but if he joined would be he relegated for the third season in a row ;).

Clumsy players :D. The best one which springs to my mind is Ali Dia :brock:.

Don't remind me how well Newcastle have done, it depresses me!

I love them, they are amazing to watch. It's incredible how the ball can bounce off their ass and shin and yet they are still in control.

Demba Ba definitely staying Snake? Cant see him leaving now as Newcastle will demand in excess of £20m for him.

I'd be really surprised if he went now, and if he did we'd definitely ask £12-15m for him (he'd be £20m without the knee problems). To be honest I wasn't that worried about losing him providing he was replaced well - the way he sulked and got incredibly selfish in his play towards the end of last season and made his goal drought a bigger deal than potentially finishing in a Champions League qualification place was a little unedifying. To be fair to him though, he's always maintained he wanted to stay, so hopefully with his head right we'll see the best of both him and Cisse.

I'm very much looking forward to the season as an Arsenal fan.

I genuinely don't care if RVP goes or stays. I think he got ahead of himself after one good season and is slowly coming to terms with the fact that his past injury problems is putting a lot of people off.

Podolski, Cazorla and Giroud looked incredibly sharp in the recent pre-season match against FC Koln and I'm really looking forward to it all starting! I'd like to see Sahin come in on loan tbf.

Everyone looking forward to the new season?

Thinking I'm might have to sign up for the sports package on my cable system that gets Gol TV. Looks like Fox Soccer is going all-in on the Premiership and the Champions League. I liked it better in the "old" days (i.e. 5 to 10 years ago) when you'd have a variety of leagues on FSC. Would get some French, Dutch, Argentine action in addition to the EPL. None of that now.

Gol TV would give me the Bundesliga and Brazilian leagues, plus Colombia and the Mexican second division, and some Argentine league matches (though it looks like a steady diet of Boca Juniors). Downside is they lost La Liga and Serie A rights (which they'd sublicense to ESPN and FSC) to beIN Sports, and the Europa League to FSC. But it's "only" an extra $5 a month as part of a package of other channels (most of which I won't watch, with the possible exception of the Big 10 Network, which most of you wouldn't care about :D)

I'm very much looking forward to the season as an Arsenal fan.

I genuinely don't care if RVP goes or stays. I think he got ahead of himself after one good season and is slowly coming to terms with the fact that his past injury problems is putting a lot of people off.

Podolski, Cazorla and Giroud looked incredibly sharp in the recent pre-season match against FC Koln and I'm really looking forward to it all starting! I'd like to see Sahin come in on loan tbf.

It's funny, when RVP looked like going, all the Gunners fans I know were desperate for him to stay, and now it looks like he might stay after all they aren't bothered! The two are, admittedly, linked - you can't criticise a club who has signed the Ligue Un top scorer, a 100-cap Germany legend still in his prime, and the best Spanish playmaker after Xavi and Iniesta for a lack of ambition. Cazorla is just a lovely player, and by all accounts a great bloke. I'm very jealous! :p

Sahin would be an excellent signing, with the hype having died down due to his injury problems last season people somewhat forget how absolutely brilliant he was for Dortmund the preceding season. I don't see that he's the replacement for Song (if Song goes to Barca) that some of the press are making out though, for me he's in the Wilshere/Arteta position for Arsenal. I think if Song goes you need someone like Lassana Diarra or (not) Tiote, a guy who is tidy enough in possession to keep up but without the positional indiscipline Song is guilty of sometimes. I know he gets assists from it, but I think it doesn't help your defence at all. With Cazorla and Sahin in the final third, you won't need to worry about creativity further forward!

I should emphasise again, not Tiote. Someone like him. But not him. He's ours. :)

Keep your hands off Sahin, he is ours :D.

I really hope Sahin doesn't go to Liverpool, I enjoy them being the pantomime villains, I don't want them to sign anyone I like! :p

Nice read from Agger on the Sky Sports website. Basically saying he wants to stay but its out of his hands. I dont see the club wanting to sell him, but if City offer £27m, we would be mad to say no.

Agger is an excellent player, but somewhat of a luxury for Liverpool at the moment. It's no use having 3 top-class centre-halves (and Jamie Carragher) when you only have one winger, assuming Bellamy is off.

Bellamy has gone hasn't he? If he hasn't, the Cardiff City fans seem 99.9% certain he's going to them.

He has gone. He has been given the number 39 shirt again.

We sold him before we signed Joe Allen.

Well you didn't technically sell him, but that's by the by.

Well you didn't technically sell him, but that's by the by.

Yeah, lets avoid the logic :brock:.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone in this part of the forum would be interested in joining the fantasy football league I have running in the FM Stories side of the forum. It would be good to have a little bit of friendly inter forum rivalry.

If anyone is interested we have got to this Saturday at 11:30am to add your team

If you are interested PM me and if I get enough members willing to sign up I will set a thread up in this part of the forum

Cheers Mark Wilson27

What do you reckon of the Joe Allen signing? I think £15m is incredibly steep, could well be the new Jordan Henderson.

What do you reckon of the Joe Allen signing? I think £15m is incredibly steep, could well be the new Jordan Henderson.

Steep yes, but Im not surprised we paid it. That seems to be the going rate for British players now. Its one of those things, as with the Henderson deal that we look at now and think we paid over the odds, but I firmly believe that both will be looked at in 5-6 years time as quality buys. Allen is already a cracking player, but he can improve, and you forget that Henderson is only 21-22.

Allen I think is ready to hit the ground running now, but Henderson still needs a couple more years to improve in my eyes.

strangersc.jpg

Thought this was a little strange. On my save I left Crewe and went to Real Madrid for a season and had half a season at Independiente. I realised I shouldn't have ever left Crewe so I loaded up my save from before I joined Real Madrid and rejected the offer and have been at Crewe for ages now. However my Crewe managers hall of fame still includes the stuff not won in the current save, I thought it would reset it to the point I was at when I reloaded the save from before I left Crewe. Is this because the Hall of Fame isn't save specific?

Yes, the hall of fame is independent from the save game, it records everything.

Thought so, I saw my manager on my missus hall of fame on her save but for some reason I expected my Real Madrid and Independiente achievements to be taken off.

Steep yes, but Im not surprised we paid it. That seems to be the going rate for British players now. Its one of those things, as with the Henderson deal that we look at now and think we paid over the odds, but I firmly believe that both will be looked at in 5-6 years time as quality buys. Allen is already a cracking player, but he can improve, and you forget that Henderson is only 21-22.

Allen I think is ready to hit the ground running now, but Henderson still needs a couple more years to improve in my eyes.

Tbh I think Allen is more gifted than Henderson. Henderson looked decent at Sunderland but Allen was brilliant for the Swans. We'll see though.