dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

8,020 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Just wondering if any of you might be able to help me make a decision in my calcio career save as I'm struggling to come to a conclusion about something involving my future in this save.

The thread and post link is here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/294376-Lessons-in-Calcio-Crouchy-Facci-Sognare!?p=7958608#post7958608

I'd appreciate any advice if you have the time to drop by! :)

SRL88 - Liverpool

I am a bit of a mark for Hoffenheim as well :).

Tomtuck supports Man Utd to :thdn:

When do these FMCU Awards start up usually??? Want to plan my voting in advance ;).

When do these FMCU Awards start up usually??? Want to plan my voting in advance ;).

September or October?

Do any of you like the achievements? I love them though I don't go out of my way for them. Some of them I will never get as I have no plans to take a 3rd division side to the premier league in Scotland, for example. But I enjoy them nonetheless. I am currently 71/91 - how about the rest of you?

I have 30/31 of them. I'm not overly fussed about them but if I see one pop up during the game I get a little happy :D.

Was looking through them recently to see what I'd got, but otherwise don't have much interest beyond it being nice when some pop up, admitedly not far off from a first 'Hero' achievement which would at least mean something if I got it.

I dont even think about getting them but it is nice when they pop up.

I don't really aim to get them but I do like it when I unlock them got 67 at the moment.

I noticed it the first few times it happened, but not since really.

So, anyone get anything much in the Steam sale? Any bargains got?

Any games added to your library that you'll hardly have touched by the time the next sale hits? It's not a proper Steam sales experience without that! ;)

Regarding the achievements, I've got 37/91 apparently. I quite like achievements although some of them for FM seem a bit silly to me but what do I know?

It does give me a warm fuzzy feeling when one pops up. :D

So, anyone get anything much in the Steam sale? Any bargains got?

Any games added to your library that you'll hardly have touched by the time the next sale hits? It's not a proper Steam sales experience without that! ;)

Oh you already know I did!

Final count is:

• Age of Empires 3 Collection
  • ARMA 2
  • Batman Arkham City Collection
  • Bulletstorm
  • Crysis Collection
  • Deus Ex Collection
  • Driver: San Francisco
  • Fable 3
  • Just Cause 2
  • Monkey Island Collection
  • Psychonauts
  • Saints Row 3
  • Civilization 5

As for achievements, I have 64/91 at the moment.

Well, I got all of the games on my wishlist that I really wanted and then some. Spent beyond my initial budget. :o

Here is my final list:

Dark Messiah

Complete Half Life

The Binding of Isaac & DLC

Fallout 3

Fallout NV

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood & Revelations

Botanicula

Galatic Civilzations II: Ultimate Edition

Trine & Trine 2

Torchlight

The Witcher & The Witcher 2

Sherlock Holmes and The Hound of Baskervilles

Dungeons of Dredmor

I'll probably hardly get through any of them before the next sale hits! Pretty pleased with my buys though. :)

Ahh so you caved on The Witcher in the end!

All these new games and I'm still only playing FM and Minecraft :lol:

Alright fella's. I know one of these has been created in the OTF, but I did one last season for the GPTG and decided to continue it this season.

Anyway, if any of you are interested here is the shizzle!!!

I have created a couple of leagues on fantasy.premierleague.com. As always, go onto the website, create your team and these are the two following leagues you can enter:

FM GPTG Head to Head:- 200057-60478

FM GPTG:- 200057-60472

We should have a YouTube goals thread dedicated to FMCU. We can then have a 'Goal Of The Year' award at the FMCU awards.

That'd be cool! Would be good this year thanks to the record button which means you don't miss out half the buildup like on FM11.

It'd need to be a sticky though.

Started wondering tonight what the song was after Salt Lake goals. It's actually written by Branden Steineckert (current Rancid drummer, Salt Lake native, and RSL season-ticket holder)

Still wish FM could incorporate crowd chats. :D

Does anyone know of players having issues with first team football when you couldn't select them?

I currently have a player who spent 6 months on Military Service, came back wanting first team football, at the time I had a better pairing so he went on loan, he came back and played the final league game of the season, then the first game of the new season, following that game he got injured and 6 weeks later he is still listed as missing 3-6 weeks, but is moaning about missing first team football and constantly being overlooked? Any ideas?

In a lesser extent, in my first ever season on FM 11. I had a couple of players who wanted first team football, so I put them in for both remaining games of the season. They still moaned but with no games left to play them in there was hardly anything I could do. Put me off private chats for most of the year, and even now I tend to tread carefully when requests for first team football are involved.

Oh I try to not promise anything, because then they just end up deciding to leave, but in this case I haven't talked to him, he is just talking to the media. Is a bit frustrating as if he was healthy he would be first choice in the role.

Just briefly poked my head into GD again, my god. :eek:

Yeah, never do that if you want to leave with some sanity.

your a braver man than me!

I find it amusing seeing the nonsense people put, much like I read comments on news stories (Usually Yahoo, Football365 and PlanetF1) to get a feeling of smugness at being rather more sensible than that.

It's absolutely maddening. I don't understand how the likes of wwfan can keep coming back and explaining the same point to different gibbering loons time and time again and not find it soul destroyingly pointless. I'd put it down to trolling but I don't think it is in most of the cases. Some of these people genuinely have an image in their head of Sports Interactive as some massive faceless global conglomerate with its headquarters inside an active volcano where Miles and the Collyers spend their days cackling maniacally and plotting new ways to annoy their fanbase.

Also the fact that it's the same mindless complaints over and over again. The threads about Steam are identical to the ones about Steam back in October. The threads about the ME being bugged are the same as the ones about the ME being bugged from *insert previous FM edition*. I always consider posting a reasoned reply with evidence backing up my claim in the hopes of helping someone, but there's just no point in it. I think one of the last threads I bothered replying to was someone saying the 4-2-3-1 deep formation is wrong and nobody would set up their team with a massive gap between the defensive and attacking midfielders. I replied to it with extensive screenshots from my Messina save where I used that system with very little tweaking and pointed out that there is no massive gap. His reply was effectively "yeah but no".

Mind you, it's still not as bad as something like Red and White Kop.

The problem with GD is the odd good post here and there are drowned out by rubbish about the game being fixed, steam being crap, blah blah blah.

I only go in there to have a laugh...

Anyone here play Pocket Planes for iPhone/iPad/iTouch? Addictive little game. :D

hi there, hope you are enjoying my indonesia run currently, anything i could do to improve it content wise?

hi there, hope you are enjoying my indonesia run currently, anything i could do to improve it content wise?

A bit more content perhaps? You don't say too much, but having taken a closer look there isn't too much else you're missing.

Personally I find pictures more appealing than words unless it is a truely fantastic read. I love Delta & AcidMonkey's write-up because it is a truely fantastic read and they are very, very good writers but I prefer the use of screenshots in there. Unless you want for it to be a write-up which based off your thread so far it doesnt look that way then a few pictures would help!!! That is my personal opinion and isnt an insult in any way.

Not too many though. As someone with a slow connection (made worse by being on the edge of the broadband range of the local exchange, my grandpa living less than a mile away hasn't got it at all), it doesn't take that many screenshots on a page to make loading a bit slow. That and the slightly small size of photobucket embedded pictures is why I use links though I am open to putting at least screenshots in mine soon.

Literally a month to go before the 3rd Annual FMCU awards...

In an attempt to rekindle my 'An FM Career - Now with added bitterness.' thread, I failed and really can't get back into the game.

So now I'm looking to start a new journeyman career, where I may even start off at my local club as if in real life and see how far I can get in the footballing world. This would require me to download an Australian expansion file and start off in the local leagues before moving to the A-League (logical) or to the UK (back home). The only down side to this is the amount of leagues I'll need at the start because the 'add/remove leagues' function is broke still (?). I might even just start off unemployed and work my way up from England's lower leagues.

Thoughts?

:D Not done that in a while. You're brave! :D Since FMCU has started I'm more than happy with how our 'community' has evolved. Some real good posts and posters which keep me coming back for more :thup:

Been watching Canada-USA, fantastic game. Bad taste about USA's 3rd equalizer. They protested to get a free-kick awarded (admitedly rightly) due to the keeper holding on for just too long (they even counted the seconds to the ref, how sad is that?), then from it won a penalty for what could only have been ball to hand as the ball was far too quick and there was no arm movement. Plus a few bad fouls in extra-time. Still were a good team though so while I was rooting for Canada, can't begrudge the Americans victory.

Been watching Canada-USA, fantastic game. Bad taste about USA's 3rd equalizer. They protested to get a free-kick awarded (admitedly rightly) due to the keeper holding on for just too long (they even counted the seconds to the ref, how sad is that?), then from it won a penalty for what could only have been ball to hand as the ball was far too quick and there was no arm movement. Plus a few bad fouls in extra-time. Still were a good team though so while I was rooting for Canada, can't begrudge the Americans victory.

Naturally as a Canadian, I'm p***** at the result. Great game other than the poor reffing. USA was given a penalty for that 3rd goal yet we protested a while before about a penalty yet that wasn't called. Our keeper was a bit shaky today but I don't think we could have done much more considering how pundits were saying we were going to get destroyed. Sinclair was unbelievable. First women's match I watched from start to end. Very entertaining but also very frustrating with the play sometimes. :D

Not surprisingly in the last few seconds of extra time, thanks to my FM experience, I felt there was a 1% chance that USA would score in that last attack...

Thierry Henry was doing it in, IIRC, a playoff game against Los Angeles last year (or maybe it was against Seattle? I know I saw him doing it, but I don't remember exactly who it was against). Wasn't doing it to the ref, but was holding his arms and raising a finger for each second :D

Whats going on fella's? Long time no speak.

Just reading the new 'Football Manager ruined my life' book (while playing FM), just come across one story of a chap boasting about the game and his story at a Magic: The Gathering tournament, and everyone being amazed that his story was over 100k words long. While obviously stories are far tougher than career diaries, mine is over 175k so I couldn't help thinking 'is that it?' :D

I've considered ordering it but not sure I want to read that book, it might scare me off from the game. :D

Struggling to find motivation to carry on my AZ save :( Decided to start in Germany but not sure who to manage? was thinking Gladbach or Hamburg or Werder Bremen? got Bundersliga 2 loaded up as well.

Any suggestions?

I am enjoying my time with Gladbach so far, but that is in 2036 so its a completely different time. Personally, I would chose Hoffenheim, but that doesnt come as a surprise to those who know me :brock:.

Everyone looking forward to the new season?

As a Sunderland fan I am slightly worried we haven't signed anyone apart from Cueller and I highly doubt he will get us the 20 goals a season we need from a new signing. £15 million seems a lot for Fletcher but if that's what it takes that's what we have to pay. As a Crewe fan the season couldn't have started any better 5-0 over Hartlepool in the cup, two goals from the latest youngster Max Clayton. I can see him moving on at the end of the season for a similar fee to what we got for Nick Powell from Man United but I think Clayton could end up being the better player if he makes the right transfer move.

I wish this thread was more active, other parts of the forum bore me.