dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

8,020 posts in this topic

Always there for me as well.

I am at Crewe in the Championship and had no fixtures from the 3rd of December until the 26th of December surely that cannot be right, can it?

Always there for me :confused:

It's really weird. I definitely haven't had it this pre-season as I was specifically looking out for it.

Unless maybe I missed it but it seems unlikely as I think it requires a response, doesn't it?

I am at Crewe in the Championship and had no fixtures from the 3rd of December until the 26th of December surely that cannot be right, can it?

That doesn't sound right at all, AB!

Most certainly not.

fixw.jpg

Thought it was a bit weird.

One thing I've noticed whilst playing FM12 lately is that I can hardly remember ever having been asked about pitch dimensions at the beginning of a new season.

Is this a bug or intentional? Has anyone else noticed this interaction missing? Maybe something has changed for FM12 and I haven't realised! Any comments appreciated. :)

It's always there for me as well.

Do you share/rent your ground?

I share my ground with Chievo Verona. Could that be the reason why I'm not getting the message then?

I share my ground with Chievo Verona. Could that be the reason why I'm not getting the message then?

Yep, the decision to alter the pitch isn't yours to make.

Yep, the decision to alter the pitch isn't yours to make.

Well, that explains it then. I just didn't think of it but now Dafuge mentioned it, it's so obvious!

What happens regarding the pitch size then? I assume it just stays at the default setting all of the time then?

Logged on this morning and had error messages. On whatever save I use. The last save was corrupted but my backup was ok (though I still get error messages but I can play). I have deleted the game and am re installing.

Anyone else had this before?

Actually, I still get one error. When I load the saved game and when I quit the game, I get: "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 at Profile0.xml"

Any ideas?

XML errors are bad. I'd go back to a backup from before that happens if you can. If not, it'll work for a while, but it's a slippery slope - the error will compound.

On another note, I absolutely despise John Terry. No class at all. His teammates battle their way to become the worst team ever to win the Champions League despite his absolute nonsense cowardly assault on Alexis Sanchez, and he makes it all about him, galavanting around in full kit like the moron he is. There's many things I don't like about Roy Keane but his behaviour in 99 - where he actually contributed in a massive way to them winning the thing, rather than being a hinderance - was a class above.

I'd have loved to have seen his opinion on little JT's antics.

Although...

17bd9edf-1d2e-46a6-9a6c-772b77e8c3aa_2924a47a-5fcd-44d3-9006-10e444c7de66.jpg

:lol: Take that you melty-faced illiterate cretin :lol:

I have resolved it - there is a thread on FMScout about it and it is now fixed. :)

Although...

17bd9edf-1d2e-46a6-9a6c-772b77e8c3aa_2924a47a-5fcd-44d3-9006-10e444c7de66.jpg

:lol: Take that you melty-faced illiterate cretin :lol:

"Finishin' 4th and reachin' the Champions League is triffic for this club. Really triffic. What's that? Chelsea won? We're not in the Champions League? Naw, that can't be right. Europa League you say? ****." [/spoken through open vehicle window]

On another note, Danny Koevermans looks like he's about to cry in this: http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2012/05/19/danny-koevermans-may-19-2012

Toronto extending their MLS record worst start to a season to 9 losses from 9 matches.

That said, it's good to see one of MLS' high-priced Euro imports obviously cares about the team's results and isn't just here to collect a big wage.

On another note, Danny Koevermans looks like he's about to cry in this: http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2012/05/19/danny-koevermans-may-19-2012

Toronto extending their MLS record worst start to a season to 9 losses from 9 matches.

That said, it's good to see one of MLS' high-priced Euro imports obviously cares about the team's results and isn't just here to collect a big wage.

It's gotten to the point where I'm not even mad anymore when we lose. I admit that I don't even watch the games now. Didn't realize life as a Toronto sports fan could actually get worse after the NHL/NBA seasons ended early.

Crouchy/Flamers, having watched a few more LP channels on Youtube (looking for a decent one of the Day Z mod), I can say that you have the (apparently) rare gift of voices that don't make me want to pack my ears with cotton wool on an industrial scale. I started watching one that looked quite good/professional with intro graphics etc and then the guy started speaking. Dear god.

It's gotten to the point where I'm not even mad anymore when we lose. I admit that I don't even watch the games now. Didn't realize life as a Toronto sports fan could actually get worse after the NHL/NBA seasons ended early.

You and King Jeff over in the Football Forum basically thinking alike.

I'm getting itchy feet already after my last career finished, and my exams will be over tomorrow, leaving a definitively FM-shaped gap.

I'm thinking of having a go at a youth challenge, but instead of a small nation I'd start in the BSS or BSN, since I don't think I can match the long-term commitment of Makoto Nakamura or hrbrfc! Only thing is, I'm thinking about using the same save from my old challenge, where Müller just retired, and creating a new manager at one of the promoted teams after the league reset - I like the idea of keeping the same world going and pushing further into the future.

I've had a think and can't see why it would be a problem, but thought I'd put something up here first in case I'm missing something really obvious. I'd hate to realise 1 or 2 seasons into a save game that I'd made a mess of it!

You and King Jeff over in the Football Forum basically thinking alike.

I've been annoyed all year with the other teams in town. I got better things to do than to get mad at another!

I watch more hockey games that don't involve Toronto teams just for the entertainment of watching good hockey, whether regular season or playoffs (hate basketball). I probably won't spend another cent on an MLSE-owned franchise for a while until the results come back.

The one that used to end all his post with that funny thing he did?

Yes. :D

In other news, just started up a new game with quite a few leagues loaded as my other one isn't really luring me in anymore. Started unemployed, sunday league rep and have the choice to go to Brazil or Norway. Could wait for a bit and see what's in the BSN/S leagues, haven't played a lower league style game in a while.

Yeah, that guy! He seems to be back on OTF! :D

Well, him or an impersonator anyway! :D

Started up a new journeyman career, question is where do I go first?!

Applied for two jobs straight up, Santo Andre of the Brazilian Third Division and Bela Krajina of the Slovenian bottom tier. Both are countries that I have never once managed in, in my FM career.

Depends how long you life your seasons. Brazil has an insane amount of games, Slovenia much briefer.

Depends how long you life your seasons. Brazil has an insane amount of games, Slovenia much briefer.

I think I'm going to give Brazil a go, plus trying to play as 'realistic' as possible and they offered me more money. :D

Anyone care to fill me in? He sounds like he has a disorder of some kind...

Yeah, that guy! He seems to be back on OTF! :D

Well, him or an impersonator anyway! :D

Pontek!!Pontek!!Pontek!! and He'sBackWithHisEndingsTek.

Anyone care to fill me in? He sounds like he has a disorder of some kind...

Yeah, I think maybe 'quirky' is the nice way of describing him. ;)

He used to post quite a bit on the forums back in the day. I'm talking about when the game was CM rather than FM, so this is a long time ago.

His posting style was always quite amusing to me but it's actually more to do with remembering the 'old days' on these forums! I just wondered if anyone else remembered The Harry Pontek and not forgetting Mrs The Harry_Pontek too! :D

Pontek!!Pontek!!Pontek!! and He'sBackWithHisEndingsTek.

Exactly! :D

Ahh I see! I had a log in on here before this one, but I don't think I ever posted with it, just had a quick look around, was intimidated by the size of the forum, and gave up. The first FM related forum I posted on was cm4rums.com (which then became fm4rums) which was obviously the CM4/03-04 time. Had a good couple of careers I posted up on there, one with Udinese on FM05 and then one with Real Betis on 06. Racked up a good 1000 posts on there before it shut down, then got a log-in on here. Only really started posting on here frequently around the end of FM08/start of 09.

There's a Mrs The Harry_Pontek too? :D

I'm surprised he managed to keep this style up all these years. There's no one like him. :D

Yeah, I think maybe 'quirky' is the nice way of describing him. ;)

He used to post quite a bit on the forums back in the day. I'm talking about when the game was CM rather than FM, so this is a long time ago.

His posting style was always quite amusing to me but it's actually more to do with remembering the 'old days' on these forums! I just wondered if anyone else remembered The Harry Pontek and not forgetting Mrs The Harry_Pontek too! :D

Exactly! :D

they were brilliant i used to LOVE reading his posts

Hi am new here but i buy all football manager games and i have seen people playing with lower teams than the game allows and i want to be able to do this so if anybody knows how to do it please can you help me by replying to this thread thanks

MCPridz

Hi im new to the forums and want to know how to play every league possible for every country so if anybody knows please can you reply to this thread and please tell me thanks

MCPridz

Hi im new to the forums and want to know how to play every league possible for every country so if anybody knows please can you reply to this thread and please tell me thanks

MCPridz

Select every country and league when you set up your game. Easy.

Hi guys, I'm thinking of starting a journeyman save and was wandering if anyone has any tips on how to best enjoy a journeyman save? Aiming to start unemployed with either a sunday-league or semi-pro reputation and load various leagues in Europe and maybe also around the world. For example, would you suggest setting aims for the save or just see where the game takes you? Also, in terms of tactics at the lower clubs would you suggest keeping things as simple as possible or micro-manage every little thing or is this just a preference depending on what type of manager you are? Thanks in advance :)

I don't really have goals, though maybe I should have a few, also keep things simple, but the beauty of FM is that so much can be done according to preference so there isn't a 'best' way to go about things, and you can just go with what you feel works best for you.

Cheers deltablue. I'd say I'm poor to average at FM so I think what will work best for me is to just load a variety of leagues and see where my career takes me rather than set out certain goals, although ultimately my goal will be to get as to high a level as I can. But my main aim will be to just enjoy the save. Thanks for your help :thup:

I would agree with that, the game's about having fun, some people have fun by adhering to strict rules but frankly just go with the flow and keep an open mind as to where the career should go.

I always start in the lowest league of a country (usually England) and play as realistically as the game allows. I then try to do the best I can, sometimes with one club, sometimes moving on.

I always start in the lowest league of a country (usually England) and play as realistically as the game allows. I then try to do the best I can, sometimes with one club, sometimes moving on.

I'm pretty much the same. I usually always start in the lowest league (with my Roy Crouchson England save being a rare exception).

It generally feels a bit wrong to me not to start at the very bottom as I tend to 'role play' and I always want to start as an new and inexperienced manager learning his trade in the game.

I always try to make sure that I play in a realistic manner and with no cheats/exploits (should go without saying) and I always think carefully about career decisions I make in order to keep things as fair and as realistic as I can. Perhaps I'm not as strict as Nobby with my realism as I don't have his LLM roots but I definitely have a lot in common with his style of play.

The main thing for me is that I try to make sure that I don't treat FM in a gamey type of way. I try to play as if it's real life and I try to apply whatever thoughts I would have if I was in a real life football situation. This approach has generally always served me well in FM.

The Skyrim DLC looks pretty damn cool.

Thanks for all your help guys. Going to start a save soon and just see where it takes me. Just got to decide which leagues to load now, will probably just pick a variety from around Europe.

One thing that annoys me about FM12 is the easy way of picking up released talent from higher clubs. I've picked up three absolute gems that no other club even attempted to pick up. Why???