dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

7,958 posts in this topic

Hi can anyone help me with my thread please. I've cut sections from whole screenshots but when I posted them in the thread using imageshack they are still full page sized with the part I cut displayed as a white background. How do I cut the part that I want and save it only so that part is displayed in my thread. Thanks in advance.

Hi can anyone help me with my thread please. I've cut sections from whole screenshots but when I posted them in the thread using imageshack they are still full page sized with the part I cut displayed as a white background. How do I cut the part that I want and save it only so that part is displayed in my thread. Thanks in advance.

If you're using paint, make the canvas size as small as possible so that when you cut the screenshot and paste it back into paint, there will be no white part.

He managed it with switzerland and guided them to 3rd in the FIFA Rankings, and nearly lead finland to Euro 2008

Good point :thup: I guess he got West Brom out of their slump when he joined pretty sharpish as well.

I guess a lot of it depends on whether the players buy into his methods. And how many toys are left in the pram when the papers have finished banging on about Redknapp.

I think Hodgson's getting the job almost as much for what he'll do for the new St George's training facility than for the England senior team. It's absolutely vital that the centre starts as it means to go on and Hodgson is the type of cerebral manager that will constantly be thinking of ways to make it work. Not least, he's a capable manager too. Perhaps his coaching techniques differ at international level, I don't know. Maybe we'll find out more at 4pm today!

I certainly don't mind Hodgson as England manager, in fact, I'd rather have him than Redknapp.

Good point :thup: I guess he got West Brom out of their slump when he joined pretty sharpish as well.

I guess a lot of it depends on whether the players buy into his methods. And how many toys are left in the pram when the papers have finished banging on about Redknapp.

Do you think they will bang on about Redknapp then?

I mean, I might be being naive but I think the reaction to the news has been pretty good for the most part and pretty neutral for the worst. I'm a broadsheet reader and the papers I read have generally praised Hodgson and been tentatively sort of pleased about his appointment. No idea about the tabloids though. I did hear that some paper had described this as the FA's modern day 'Clough moment', which I thought was highly ridiculous! Harry Redknapp is definitely no Brian Clough! :rolleyes:

I think Hodgson's getting the job almost as much for what he'll do for the new St George's training facility than for the England senior team. It's absolutely vital that the centre starts as it means to go on and Hodgson is the type of cerebral manager that will constantly be thinking of ways to make it work. Not least, he's a capable manager too. Perhaps his coaching techniques differ at international level, I don't know. Maybe we'll find out more at 4pm today!

Totally agree, Iacovone. I'm 100% backing Roy for the England job and I'm hoping that he'll be a success. I'm expecting him to make England hard to beat and I actually think his style will suit international football.

Roy is still one of my favourite managers and perhaps a manager that I like to emulate in FM in my own style. Like Roy, I'm a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 man primarily and I like my sides to be well drilled and prefer a more rigid style. I also like the fact that he is a gentleman and an intelligent manager, which is something often found lacking in our game here in England! Also, to have an Englishman with a bit of sophistication and intelligence about him representing our country will be a nice change!

Alright guys I'm thinking of buying fm12 tonite but remember havibg problems with the 3d on the demo sonething to do with intel graphics card has this problem been solved yet in the patches or final versiom

If you're using paint, make the canvas size as small as possible so that when you cut the screenshot and paste it back into paint, there will be no white part.

Do you mean making the canvas you paste it on to as small as possible? If that's what you mean how do you do it? Sorry to sound stupid but I've never used paint in my life.

Yeah that's exactly it, in the top left corner there will be a button that says 'resize' and from there just adjust the values to a smaller size so that when you paste something in, that screenshot will always be bigger than your canvas size.

Alright guys I'm thinking of buying fm12 tonite but remember havibg problems with the 3d on the demo sonething to do with intel graphics card has this problem been solved yet in the patches or final versiom

Never had any problems on either demo or final version so don't know.

Do you think they will bang on about Redknapp then?

I mean, I might be being naive but I think the reaction to the news has been pretty good for the most part and pretty neutral for the worst. I'm a broadsheet reader and the papers I read have generally praised Hodgson and been tentatively sort of pleased about his appointment. No idea about the tabloids though. I did hear that some paper had described this as the FA's modern day 'Clough moment', which I thought was highly ridiculous! Harry Redknapp is definitely no Brian Clough! :rolleyes:

Yeah the "Clough moment" rubbish was pretty representative of the general wailing and gnashing of teeth from the tabs. Then one paper today tried to say it was because Sandra didn't want to move house, when in fact Redknapp was never contacted about the job, so the fine tradition of making up bollocks continues alive and well.

I need help with something lads...

I've just finished a season with Forest, my 8th with them and we've won the quadruple. It's our third EPL title in a row, and I have one more year on my contact.

So.... Do I stay for one more year but probably get nowhere near the previous seasons achievements or leave now although there don't seem to be many jobs around?

Also england manager btw

Stay, if you're fond of your side. You never know how far you can go, even if things drop off, you can fight to get back up. A few seasons of underachievement and little money after I took Ipswich to being PL and CL champions meant it was time to go but I actually backtracked, then went back when I did leave because I regretted doing so, as logical thing to do as it was.

A fair point, a new stadium is due to be finished in about 2 months, capacity will still be only 40000, so we will still be lagging way behind the income of the elite teams..

We have the best striker in the world and another couple of world class ndwgens, it would be a shame but how do you follow up a quadruple?

Can't you win 6 in a season? There you go :D

I did it, just.

Honestly, never attempt anything like it with good training before hand, it's not a good idea :D

Can't you win 6 in a season? There you go :D

:D

I've signed a new 5 year(?) contract, but if a BIG club comes in I might well leave this time. I've turned down Madrid before...I must be mad....

EDIT: Btw, how could I win 6??!! If the charity shield counts then its 5 not 4 last season :D intercontinental?

Club World Cup, Euro Super Cup, Charity Shield, League, FA Cup, League Cup?

I'm taking a bit of time off FM whilst I prep for uni exams, seems a good time to ask if anyone had any tips on how I might improve my career thread. Link is here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/299161-Getting-M%C3%BCllered-Around-the-World

It's my first time doing this, and I'm not convinced I've really hit on a good formula as things stand, so any comments would be appreciated :)

Anyone play New Star Soccer on iOS? Nice fun game to pass the time and addictive. :D

And in unrelated news, 0-8. I thought it was bad enough we have the Leafs who never make playoffs, the ever tanking Raptors, and the unlucky Jays, but then there's TFC in our 6th year of rebuilding in our 6 year history as a professional soccer team.

Anyone play New Star Soccer on iOS? Nice fun game to pass the time and addictive. :D

And in unrelated news, 0-8. I thought it was bad enough we have the Leafs who never make playoffs, the ever tanking Raptors, and the unlucky Jays, but then there's TFC in our 6th year of rebuilding in our 6 year history as a professional soccer team.

HA! Yes, Level 10 with Roma now. ;) And TROLOLOLOLOLOL Toronto. Although, I'll be praying for the sweep not to happen tonight for my team :(

I have played that game online but not on an ios. Level 23 with Chelsea having won the treble the past 2 seasons. Such a good way to procrastinate while you're meant to be revising. :D

Everyone recovered from that Aguero goal now?! Truly unbelievable ending to the season :eek:

Indeed, and if Bolton had held on that goal would have relegated QPR and given City the title at the same time. Sadly a lot of Arsenal fans being very immature right now.

Absolutely extraordinary. For you older one, it even eclipses 1989 IMO.

Miracle in Manchester!

I was just speechless because even I thought Man Utd had the title in the bag going into extra time...I wasn't alive in 1989 so this was the most epic finish in my years of watching soccer!

Haha, Man utd fans celebrating the title only for news to filter through the faces were awesome and the sunderland fans doing the Pozan!

Movie on tonight at 8pm. It is the story of Man Utd's season this year. "Gone in 60 Seconds"

Haha, Man utd fans celebrating the title only for news to filter through the faces were awesome and the sunderland fans doing the Pozan!

Is there a way to stop British people from calling it the Poznan ;)

It's so annoying. Basically every ultras group in Europe does it. Lech weren't one of the first to come up with the idea.

#RantOver

Is there a way to stop British people from calling it the Poznan ;)

It's so annoying. Basically every ultras group in Europe does it. Lech weren't one of the first to come up with the idea.

#RantOver

But that is exactly what it is called over here as they learnt it from Lech Poznan. So in the UK it is called the Poznan.

The same as crisps in America being called chips.

It's certainly up there with 1989 and the year Blackburn won it when Redknapp scored the winner but United failed to beat West Ham. This is why the Premier League is better than La Liga, imo of course ;).

Quick question guys...how do you insert youtube videos into a thread? Not the highlights of your game, just general videos?

Movie on tonight at 8pm. It is the story of Man Utd's season this year. "Gone in 60 Seconds"

It wasn't even that long. :D

I'm going to go all off topic and Minecrafty. I hope nobody minds but I know some of you are Minecraft players. :)

Has anyone here been watching the Mindcrack Ultra Hardcore series? If not, I recommend it, as it's great entertainment. Season 6 has just started up!

I'll be mainly watching Etho, Zisteau and Kurt's perspectives, I think.

Anyone else watching? If you are watching, who do you think will win this season? Any predictions?

I'm actually doing a little series of videos on my YouTube channel playing the Ultra Hardcore mod and seeing how I can get on surviving in SSP. For anyone who is interested, the details are below:

Minecraft: Ultra Hardcore SSP 001 - The Beginning

Welcome to Minecraft but not just your normal Minecraft experience - this is Minecraft Ultra Hardcore style!

I've been addicted to watching the Mindcrack guys playing Ultra Hardcore for some time now and I really wanted to try out the mod myself. So here is my attempt to survive whilst playing the Ultra Hardcore mod.

The mod basically makes the game really tough! No more regenerating health, for example, because now the only way to recover health is with golden apples or instant health potions. Health does not recover from keeping your hunger bar full.

Golden apples require 8 gold ingots (instead of nuggets) and an apple to craft. Glistering Melons require 1 gold block (instead of 1 nugget) and a melon.

You can find out more and download the mod here - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1008473-125-xxxhardcorexxx-mod/

The only real rule I am setting myself is that no branch/strip mining is allowed, as that would be boring to watch. However, digging down to find a cave is fine and use of F3 is fine for checking the level I'm at and so on and so forth.

In this first episode, I get started and already begin to feel the pressure! I wonder how long I can survive with this method of playing?

That's the end of my Minecrafty off topicness for now. ;)

EFF Detroit City. I hate them on principle.

Finally getting round to listening to those Mahler CDs I ordered ages ago on your recommendation, Crouchy!

First impressions - very, very good. In some ways his work reminds me of my favourite work by Nobuo Uematsu (the guy who did the soundtracks for the Final Fantasy games). The soundtrack for Final Fantasy 7 in particular is absolutely amazing, and the fact that it's done with MIDI in game is just ridiculous.

Glad you are enjoying so far SnakeXe. Which symphonies have you listened to so far?

I listened to No. 1 whilst doing some marking this morning, and I have an hour's drive to see a physio tomorrow so planning to listen to No. 5 then :)

I've had so little time to do anything recently, it's ridiculous. Finally had a bit of time this afternoon, so got stuck into Diablo 3 - it's really really good (once you get the damned thing to work!). Anyone else playing?

Symphony no.1 and no.5 are the first two that I got really hooked on. Both are fantastic! To be honest, all of the symphonies are magnificent.

Enjoy Symphony no.5! The first movement of that symphony gets to me every time. The cliffhanger beginning, the funeral march and the chaotic and operatic middle section (love the rhythmic brass) and the lingering conclusion of the movement. Epic and astonishing!

The 5th actually still holds quite a bit of mystery for me. I feel like I 'understand' most of the other symphonies, as much as a non-musician like me can anyway (well, I played a little piano when I was younger and I can read music) but the 5th has something about it that leaves me always pondering it for quite some time afterwards. Thinking about it right now, I wonder if it's because I find less humour in it than I do in other Mahler works. Mahler's music has a lot of humour in it. Even the darkest of Mahler's music often contains some ironic humour in it, which makes it all the more poignant for me, personally.

But anyway, I can't recommend the symphonies highly enough. There is music to fall in love with in every single one. There is a whole world for you to discover in his music. So much depth, so much quality. Each symphony tells a story and has its own narrative. I actually envy you listening to it the first time. When I first 'discovered' Mahler and set out to listen from the first symphony to the last in order to try to 'understand' the music, it is one of my fondest memories. It was a beautiful summer, I remember, and I was at home studying having left my job in the civil service and having decided to study. I had recently moved in with my girlfriend (now my wife) and I spent beautiful summer days reading modernist novels by the likes of James Joyce and then listening to Mahler in the bedroom in the evenings. Some of the best days of my life right there, to be honest!

I've started doing a thread on my game in Uruguay, sorry if a stupid question but how do you add images??

I've clicked the image icon but they keep failing to upload and I don't know why. I've tried uploading png files from my computer but it says they're invalid.

I've started doing a thread on my game in Uruguay, sorry if a stupid question but how do you add images??

I've clicked the image icon but they keep failing to upload and I don't know why. I've tried uploading png files from my computer but it says they're invalid.

I registered at ImageSHack. Use the links from there and add to the thread here by posting: [ img ] Post Image here [ /img ] (without the spaces).

Symphony no.1 and no.5 are the first two that I got really hooked on. Both are fantastic! To be honest, all of the symphonies are magnificent.

Enjoy Symphony no.5! The first movement of that symphony gets to me every time. The cliffhanger beginning, the funeral march and the chaotic and operatic middle section (love the rhythmic brass) and the lingering conclusion of the movement. Epic and astonishing!

The 5th actually still holds quite a bit of mystery for me. I feel like I 'understand' most of the other symphonies, as much as a non-musician like me can anyway (well, I played a little piano when I was younger and I can read music) but the 5th has something about it that leaves me always pondering it for quite some time afterwards. Thinking about it right now, I wonder if it's because I find less humour in it than I do in other Mahler works. Mahler's music has a lot of humour in it. Even the darkest of Mahler's music often contains some ironic humour in it, which makes it all the more poignant for me, personally.

But anyway, I can't recommend the symphonies highly enough. There is music to fall in love with in every single one. There is a whole world for you to discover in his music. So much depth, so much quality. Each symphony tells a story and has its own narrative. I actually envy you listening to it the first time. When I first 'discovered' Mahler and set out to listen from the first symphony to the last in order to try to 'understand' the music, it is one of my fondest memories. It was a beautiful summer, I remember, and I was at home studying having left my job in the civil service and having decided to study. I had recently moved in with my girlfriend (now my wife) and I spent beautiful summer days reading modernist novels by the likes of James Joyce and then listening to Mahler in the bedroom in the evenings. Some of the best days of my life right there, to be honest!

That's exactly what music is about for me, something that elicits a strong emotional response!

No. 5 is excellent as well, I think just about my favourite of the two so far. I'll definitely be listening to them a few more times though, you definitely can't take it all in in one listen. I just put No 1 on again and it seems to be a hit with the cats, both snoozing away, happy as Larry!

One thing I've noticed whilst playing FM12 lately is that I can hardly remember ever having been asked about pitch dimensions at the beginning of a new season.

Is this a bug or intentional? Has anyone else noticed this interaction missing? Maybe something has changed for FM12 and I haven't realised! Any comments appreciated. :)

One thing I've noticed whilst playing FM12 lately is that I can hardly remember ever having been asked about pitch dimensions at the beginning of a new season.

Is this a bug or intentional? Has anyone else noticed this interaction missing? Maybe something has changed for FM12 and I haven't realised! Any comments appreciated. :)

Always there for me :confused: