dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

8,028 posts in this topic

Crouchy, you'll be happy to know you sound pretty much exactly as I expected :p

I liked the video, you do a good job of talking around it and keeping things interesting. One slight thing I'd say is it could have been split into two parts - I watched it in two sittings anyway, but it would have been nice to not have to worry about keeping the tab open.

Crouchy, you'll be happy to know you sound pretty much exactly as I expected :p

I liked the video, you do a good job of talking around it and keeping things interesting. One slight thing I'd say is it could have been split into two parts - I watched it in two sittings anyway, but it would have been nice to not have to worry about keeping the tab open.

Hi SnakeXe. Thanks for the feedback!

I did think of splitting it into two parts but because it was a speed challenge I wanted to keep it all together, particularly as I wanted to post it as a reply video to the guy who originally set the challenge.

If I was going to do a normal video, I would probably do 15-20 mins as I think that is a long enough time really. But, as I say, due to it being a speed challenge, I felt it important to keep it all together.

Thanks for watching. 'Remember to like, favourite, subscribe!' ;) I'm just kidding btw! I find it funny when I hear people saying that on YouTube; it makes me laugh! :D

When's your FM commentary going to appear, then, Crouchy? I'm excited!

When's your FM commentary going to appear, then, Crouchy? I'm excited!

I will wait for something exciting to come up in my save really. I think maybe Rancer is right when he said that commentary should perhaps be after the event. I'm not sure yet.

I've also toyed with the idea of going back to my FM10 Saints save and doing a few videos with that. Especially some footage of Michel Vermeer, my record breaking Dutch goalscorer!

In other news, I've uploaded another video. This time I'm having a go at Lorgon111's Fast Start challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fpkePL-Jo0&context=C4c4871bADvjVQa1PpcFMONQDlWXyJgR_0oTKEgRG2mmajhDpqZmE=

Lorgon111 (Brian) is my favourite Minecraft YouTuber and I had a lot of fun taking on his Fast Start challenge in this video. :)

I've "liked and subscribed" :p to both you and Flamers. I might have to get in on the act - perhaps FM rather than Minecraft as I've not played that in a long time so I'll be crap and do stupid stuff and people will just ragequit my videos :D

Cheers SnakeXe. :)

Yeah, you should give it a go. I would definitely watch your videos with interest SnakeXe. :thup:

Random one...

Anybody recommend a decent Eastern European league that doesn't have a huge break either pre or mid season? I fancy starting somewhere new in the next few weeks but I know leagues like Poland have about three months off, which will get dull pretty quickly for me...

Failing that I'll just have to start in Germany, although I keep talking myself out of that one!

There aren't any AFAIK. They all have it due to the harsh winters where it would be unrealistic to play football unless the stadium has under soil heating (which quite a few don't even in the top tier)

There aren't any AFAIK. They all have it due to the harsh winters where it would be unrealistic to play football unless the stadium has under soil heating (which quite a few don't even in the top tier)

I thought that would be the case. Germany it is then! Cheers though.

Withnail just as a warning, in the German 2nd tier I have a 3 month break :D

Withnail just as a warning, in the German 2nd tier I have a 3 month break :D

Ar*e biscuits.

I have worked out why it takes 5 hours to upload a video to YouTube. We pay for 8Mb/s

We get:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.6 Mbps

IP Profile for your line is - 7 Mbps

According to the official speedtester.

Go on then, let's hear some ideas for my next game if that's ok. I'm after a:

league with a decent pyramid of lower divisions

no huge breaks

offers the chance to turn a small lower league club into a decent size top flight side

fun to play that's not in the UK or Italy (my normal destinations)

All ideas greatly welcomed.

Cheers.

Are you restricting yourself to European leagues?

What about Sweden? I mean, is their summer break huge? I don't know

They have a good pyramid of lower divisions though. I hear it's quite a challenge to get promoted through their lower leagues. And I've heard that it's a lot of fun.

I've often thought about starting a save there. Maybe I will at some point!

Brazil or Indonesia are quite fun to manage in. What both leagues lack are finances, especially in lower leagues. And obviously the quality of talent in Brazil is better than in Indonesia.

[video=youtube;L606hFCaLAM]

What a miss!

Cheers for the suggestions, folks. Might just have to do a South America based save...

What about Sweden? I mean, is their summer break huge? I don't know

They have a good pyramid of lower divisions though. I hear it's quite a challenge to get promoted through their lower leagues. And I've heard that it's a lot of fun.

I've often thought about starting a save there. Maybe I will at some point!

They have a good pyramid of lower divisions. They have a break from early November to March in terms of league games. So quite a big gap, would be less if you progress further in European competitions. The summer break can either be non existant or be a month long depending on any international competitions.

Really fun country to play in though.

Unfortunately due to near enough everything getting in my way I haven't been on able to get on these threads much, well at all really. It was towards the end of the Quiz that things were popping up every bloody minute.

I just came on to let SnakeXe and Deisler26? (I'm sure it was these two, more might have contributed if so you as well) that I'm doing the Swimmathon this Monday/Tuesday (I know it's not the official dates but my local baths aren't doing it on the days I can do it, if that makes sense?)

Anyway, I'm doing the 2.5miles (I think thats what I said) next week. I will try and get on to let you know how I got on, I just didn't want you thinking you'd thrown away money or what not because you haven't. So yeah again, massive thanks for the contribution and I will let you know if I manage to do it.

P.S. I started swimming on a weekly basis to get myself ready for it. Then stopped and haven't been for a good month or two, so yeah. I'm hoping my natural fitness gets me through it ;)

Unfortunately due to near enough everything getting in my way I haven't been on able to get on these threads much, well at all really. It was towards the end of the Quiz that things were popping up every bloody minute.

I just came on to let SnakeXe and Deisler26? (I'm sure it was these two, more might have contributed if so you as well) that I'm doing the Swimmathon this Monday/Tuesday (I know it's not the official dates but my local baths aren't doing it on the days I can do it, if that makes sense?)

Anyway, I'm doing the 2.5miles (I think thats what I said) next week. I will try and get on to let you know how I got on, I just didn't want you thinking you'd thrown away money or what not because you haven't. So yeah again, massive thanks for the contribution and I will let you know if I manage to do it.

P.S. I started swimming on a weekly basis to get myself ready for it. Then stopped and haven't been for a good month or two, so yeah. I'm hoping my natural fitness gets me through it ;)

Cool man, you'd better drag yourself over the line! Haha. You should be alright in all honesty - I'd have a swim or two over the weekend though for sure. I swam for about a year and a half most weeks then stopped for a couple of months and went back to it. Was back up to my previous pace within a couple of sessions.

Looking forward to seeing my money go to good use..

Can I get some feedback on my thread here please. I want to make it better for people to read. I think I need to learn how to take screen-shots of smaller parts of the screen so the whole screen ones don't take us so much space. I probably need to write better too. My English isn't perfect but I think I can do a better job than I have. I would appreciate any feedback on any aspect. Thanks. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/303230-I-have-a-Dream!

[video=youtube;L606hFCaLAM]

What a miss!

OMG!!!!! Reminds me of 1min 24

Quick question, if managing a nation that is ranked really low like San Marino for instance, if you produce some decent results and raise the reputation does the nation grow at all? and do you see better players coming through the ranks as youth because of this?

Quick question, if managing a nation that is ranked really low like San Marino for instance, if you produce some decent results and raise the reputation does the nation grow at all? and do you see better players coming through the ranks as youth because of this?

To sum it up yes but it takes a long time

Twitter is a funny place.

The other day I made the following tweet to someone managing Stevenage on FM12: 'Uggggh, Stevenage? Blurrrgh! *uncontrollable projectile vomiting*'

Next day, I have Stevenage Conservative Future following me on Twitter. It is apparently a group for Conservative Party members under 30 in Stevenage. :D What on earth made them follow me? :confused:

Hi guys can someone please tell me how to post screenshots of small sections of the screen (e.g. fixtures or a news message only) rather than the whole of it please? I think I need to start a new game because my current one has been ruined by the add/remove league bug which has slowed it down too much. I want to format it better this time to make it easier to read/follow.

Thanks

Niebiescy use paint to cut the bit you want out of the image.

I don't want to sound like an idiot but I have never used paint before. What do I click on in paint to open the cut function. Sorry for the stupid question :D

You could always paste the image into word or powerpoint instead. Crop there works in a much similar way and you can just right click on ppt to save the image as whatever filetype you desire.

Did anybody watch the A-League grand final? Perth were robbed. :mad:

It wasn't a penalty, but you can't say Brisbane didn't deserve the win, they played them off the park! I reckon they would have won in extra time, especially with Perth a man down

Yeah but if Perth had managed to hang on until penalties, anything could have happened. Berisha was offside too!

True, but considering how well Brisbane tend to finish games (beating Sydney after being down 1-0 at 90 minutes, beating Gold Coast in the final 10 minute after being down, coming back against Heart, Victory and others, not to mention Central Coast last year), I still think they would have been too strong. To be fair, it DID look like a penalty at first, and it isn't until the close up you see it's an air swing. I don't think many people would not have given it on first impression. As for Berisha being offside, wasn't Mehmet offside when he set up the goal last week? ;) They were both pretty line ball, but I haven't seen a good enough replay yet.

It's just unfortunate the Grand Final had to end like that, but the better team won.

Edit - Just saw a better replay for the offside, yep definite offside. Only excuse for the ref is that it happened too fast, almost one motion. It's a bit hard to judge something like that in real time.

Just watched your video Crouchy - great first vid. MUCH better/more interesting than the majority of MC vids I've watched with 10 times the views. I'd watch more MC ones definitely.

As for FM videos - I literally couldn't think of anything more dull than watching someone play FM :D

Just watched your video Crouchy - great first vid. MUCH better/more interesting than the majority of MC vids I've watched with 10 times the views. I'd watch more MC ones definitely.

That's very kind of you to say Iacovone! :)

I've made a few more videos which I'll be uploading soon. I think I'm getting better at talking to myself whilst playing. I've found it quite fun. It's something I'll probably do a bit of in the future but mainly for challenges or CTM maps!

BTW, have you seen my career thread? There is a small nod in your direction in the second post. :D

That's very kind of you to say Iacovone! :)

I've made a few more videos which I'll be uploading soon. I think I'm getting better at talking to myself whilst playing. I've found it quite fun. It's something I'll probably do a bit of in the future but mainly for challenges or CTM maps!

BTW, have you seen my career thread? There is a small nod in your direction in the second post. :D

I haven't! I'll head there right away :D

I'm currently reading Jonathan Wilson's book on Brian Clough. It's great stuff. Actually more addictive to read than Inverting to be honest.

It's really making me crave an FM save in England though. Really badly! I want the humble beginnings at Hartlepools United, the big opportunity to manage at Derby County and so on and so forth. Perhaps not the same clubs exactly but you get the idea!

Funny how a book can sometimes influence you in such a way. Especially when it comes to FM though as I've always ended up being inspired by reading football books and then starting a new FM save! :D

I'm currently reading Jonathan Wilson's book on Brian Clough. It's great stuff. Actually more addictive to read than Inverting to be honest.

It's really making me crave an FM save in England though. Really badly! I want the humble beginnings at Hartlepools United, the big opportunity to manage at Derby County and so on and so forth. Perhaps not the same clubs exactly but you get the idea!

Funny how a book can sometimes influence you in such a way. Especially when it comes to FM though as I've always ended up being inspired by reading football books and then starting a new FM save! :D

Absolutely Crouchy. Remember how we so nearly got the Eastern Europe save underway? That was all down to Behind the Curtain by Mr Wilson. I'm reading Graham Hunter's book on Barca at the moment - it's been a great read so far. Also have the Clough book waiting for me too.

Twitter is a funny place.

The other day I made the following tweet to someone managing Stevenage on FM12: 'Uggggh, Stevenage? Blurrrgh! *uncontrollable projectile vomiting*'

Next day, I have Stevenage Conservative Future following me on Twitter. It is apparently a group for Conservative Party members under 30 in Stevenage. :D What on earth made them follow me? :confused:

I am sure if you mention certain words then some people/bots end up following you. I think I mentioned monster munch and the monster munch bot retweeted me and followed me!

Absolutely Crouchy. Remember how we so nearly got the Eastern Europe save underway? That was all down to Behind the Curtain by Mr Wilson. I'm reading Graham Hunter's book on Barca at the moment - it's been a great read so far. Also have the Clough book waiting for me too.

I'm still waiting on you for that! Still up for trying it some time? I now have a decent enough PC to load then leagues!

The Clough book is the best of Wilson's stuff so far, in my opinion. I've found his style in the past to be a bit dry but the Clough book is gripping. Maybe it's just because the stories are so good!

Are you going to come back to FMCU some time soon and start a new career thread? You've left us all for your buddies over at CSE! :p

I am sure if you mention certain words then some people/bots end up following you. I think I mentioned monster munch and the monster munch bot retweeted me and followed me!

Another Stevenage Twitter account decided to follow me after I clarified that I hate both Stevenage and Conservatives. :rolleyes:

I'll try tweeting about monster munch now and see what happens. :D

Can you imagine the thread in GD if the Barca v Chelsea tie happened in FM?

"OMG this game is sooooo broken!!!!11

"I was playing Chelsea in the Champions League semi-final and we dominated them all first half and hit the bar from a one-on-one but then their 34-year-old rubbish veteran striker who has barely scored all season got one in first half injury time!!!

"So I thought OK we'll get them at home, we've won pretty much every game there, and we started well but missed even more one-on-ones (MY WORLD CLASS STRIKER WHO NEVER MISSES :mad:) and then we finally scored and they had their centre-back sent off, then we scored another and we were all over them and should have got another but then for some reason they broke and their stupid midfielder playing out of position with longshots of 9 scored a 25-yard chip, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ABOUT?!?!

"Then we had like 80% possession in the second half and my world-class striker who never misses missed a penalty and then there was a goal disallowed for offside EVEN THOUGH IT WASN'T HERE'S THE SCREENSHOT :(

"So yeah this game is rubbish, I'm never playing it again, I'll never buy another FM until you fix everything that's wrong with it because it's a joke and I want my mummy"