dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

7,953 posts in this topic

Recently I've been wondering about testing FM12 again and seeing if the runtime errors are gone, and if so, reviving the old thread. Lots of arguements for and against though so wondering if people would be interested if I could switch back to the old save.

Do it! Was a great save!

This. Unlimited storage FTW. :cool:
This too. I have no idea why people would use imageshack, photobucket is infinitely better and has no ads either.

Other than it uses flash I think for its uploader :D And it seems to crash when you upload more than 6MB at a time..

Do it! Was a great save!

I'm afraid I probably won't now. The issue with databases becoming too large due to the add/remove league problem (especially having added many nations back in) is a factor (and I might have had repeat troubles someway down the line anyway even if it was fine for a bit) but otherwise I have the game running faster and smoother on FM11 (and I do like going far in, well on course to beat my record of 2053 by some way) with a far greater larger set of active nations, so a far larger and in-depth playing world, and on balance there were a few more little things that mean I'm finding it more enjoyable, as well the fact that it was reasonably 'complete' as I left it.

I think it's best to cram as many leagues as possible at the beginning of the game then remove them progressively as you climb the ladder and the game gets slower. At least that's the strategy I'm using.

Mine doesn't really get slower, which is just as well as I enjoy having lots of league running even when I'm well above the level of most of them.

Yeah no doubt having as many leagues loaded as possible as long as it doesn't take away from the minimum speed you expect, makes the game more enjoyable. :)

20 seasons in, I've now cut mine down to 12 leagues in an effort to reduce the player count too. Also, there's some countries that I don't see me getting to in this save, so there's very little point having them running. Processing time is fine, just takes a bit to save/load, and player search is still a bit of a chore.

I thought everything I said to you was in confidence, Flamers! You promised that you wouldn't tell. :rolleyes:

Obviously, I meant that I don't care for F1. I have a feeling that I may upset people even by saying that though! :D

On an FM related subject, does anyone get that feeling when they are playing a save that they would like to do exactly the opposite to the sort of game that they are currently playing? Despite enjoying my time with Perugia, the latest of my clubs in my journey through Italy, I've been craving a return to a small club to big club (one club) type of challenge! I have a feeling that I might be heading to Sweden soon. Although the temptation to return to my vintage Saints team of FM10 is also quite strong right now! I'm often like this with FM. When I'm doing a one club save, I long for a career adventure, and vice-versa! Anyone else?

I want to go back to 1 club and I might, deep down into the German system :D

Pff my lame pun again goes unnoticed :(

I'm really enjoying my save at the moment and don't really feel like doing anything different to be honest! I love the freedom of it. If I want to jack it all in at the top level and go and take a Serie C2 club then I can whenever I like.

Obviously, I meant that I don't care for F1. I have a feeling that I may upset people even by saying that though! :D

On an FM related subject, does anyone get that feeling when they are playing a save that they would like to do exactly the opposite to the sort of game that they are currently playing? Despite enjoying my time with Perugia, the latest of my clubs in my journey through Italy, I've been craving a return to a small club to big club (one club) type of challenge! I have a feeling that I might be heading to Sweden soon. Although the temptation to return to my vintage Saints team of FM10 is also quite strong right now! I'm often like this with FM. When I'm doing a one club save, I long for a career adventure, and vice-versa! Anyone else?

I dislike F1 cannot bare to watch any of it.

I get that feeling, I started my journey man save in New Zealand because I couldn't get my World Champions League xml to work properly. So I will now be going from club to club every few season when I really wanted to try and take on the worlds best teams with Auckland City.

If you wanted to you could send me the file AB; I've basically retired from editing FM12 due to boredom and wanting a proper journeyman save but I could always take a look and see if I can rectify any problems.

If you wanted to you could send me the file AB; I've basically retired from editing FM12 due to boredom and wanting a proper journeyman save but I could always take a look and see if I can rectify any problems.

Cheers dude, on my phone at the moment so will send it your way tomorrow.

It was something to do with neutral venues wasn't it? PM me if you want with details because I don't want to clog up this thread as an outsider... :p

It was something to do with neutral venues wasn't it? PM me if you want with details because I don't want to clog up this thread as an outsider... :p

This is a local board for local people we'll have no trouble here!

char6.jpg

;)

*Blatant plug coming up*

So I've decided to follow in the footsteps of Flamers by posting my first ever YouTube video today! It is a Minecraft video and as I know that there are a few in here who play the game, I thought it wouldn't be frowned upon if I do a bit of self-promotion!

For my first Minecraft video, I decided to take on Etho's Companions Speed Challenge!

Here is the link if anyone is interested - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGFne2kYtvU

Maybe you love Minecraft, maybe you're just curious, or perhaps you've always wondered what I sound like. Well here's your chance guys. :D

Anyway, more to the point, I officially lay down a challenge to Flamers, in particular, but also to anyone else who plays Minecraft to beat this time! I hope maybe some of you guys might try the challenge and post a video on YouTube so I can see how you get on. :)

*blatant plug over*

:p

Back on topic, I have thought of perhaps doing a little bit of FM commentary on YouTube too, just as a different way of sharing the trials and tribulations of virtual football management. Now that I have an YouTube account and headset sorted, there is no limit to the possibilities! :D So watch this space. :)

I was surprised what Flamers sounded like, even though I knew he was a massive rugby-playing lanky bugger I always thought he'd have a fairly high voice for some reason - absolutely no idea why! I'm imagining yours as fairly mid-range, crouchy, I guess I'll find out how accurate I am when I'm not sat in a coffee shop :p

Oh hey baby ;) Sorry couldn't resist :D The joys of being mistaken for a 54 year old man (my dad)

Oh hey baby ;) Sorry couldn't resist :D The joys of being mistaken for a 54 year old man (my dad)

You sounds nothing like I thought you would.

I don't get this Minecraft, I played it for a couple of hours and do not mind the poor graphics but for me it just seems like a computerised version of lego. Might have to give it a proper go at some point though and give it more of a chance.

In single player I need a goal, in multiplayer I enjoy just building and exploring. I will do a video of the multiplayer server I run soon.

I was surprised what Flamers sounded like, even though I knew he was a massive rugby-playing lanky bugger I always thought he'd have a fairly high voice for some reason - absolutely no idea why!

Yeah, Flamers does have an exceedingly deep voice. :D

I'm imagining yours as fairly mid-range, crouchy, I guess I'll find out how accurate I am when I'm not sat in a coffee shop :p

Probably about right!

You sounds nothing like I thought you would.

How about me AB? Do I sound like you thought I would?

I don't get this Minecraft, I played it for a couple of hours and do not mind the poor graphics but for me it just seems like a computerised version of lego. Might have to give it a proper go at some point though and give it more of a chance.

It's so much more than that AB! You should definitely give it more of a chance to grow on you. ;)

To be honest you sound pretty much exactly how I thought you would.

I agree with AB about both of you, just a feeling thing really,not like I had preset expectations.

To be honest you sound pretty much exactly how I thought you would.

I hope that's a good thing! :D

What do people think about doing FM videos with commentary? Could it be interesting to supplement a career thread? I know a few people have tried it.

I think it could be quite interesting to add commentary to a key game, for example, and explain tactical choices etc. I think it would definitely be most interesting for a big match like a final or something!

Yeah it's a good thing.

I could watch one about a big game and why the user selected certain players and tactics but there are some FM videos in my opinion which are extremely boring.

FM isn't exactly the most exciting game to watch someone play, I guess.

If I did it, I would only do it for key matches. Like huge matches that a lot is riding on. Do it real time, explain tactical choices but probably edit out any mucking around with subs and tactics. The main thing would be your commentary and your reactions to goals. I think I would probably scare myself actually at how much I rage at FM sometimes. :D

Haha, don't know much about this game that you're playing but your language is incredible :D.

I wouldn't mind FM videos. I personally won't make them, because I'm very slow at making my current updates already. :D

FM isn't exactly the most exciting game to watch someone play, I guess.

If I did it, I would only do it for key matches. Like huge matches that a lot is riding on. Do it real time, explain tactical choices but probably edit out any mucking around with subs and tactics. The main thing would be your commentary and your reactions to goals. I think I would probably scare myself actually at how much I rage at FM sometimes. :D

The subs and tactics wouldn't bother me. It's just I saw a video once of some bloke starting a game and going through everything. He showed everything contract offers to staff and players creating a tactic everything and it bored me. However watching a game with a lot of meaning to it and watching someone explain the thoughts they have as the game progresses sounds good fun. Only problem is you use 2d still don't you?

I might do a tutorial of how I setup filters, tactical theory etc but I'm not sure if I can pull it off. I might record it and scrap it if its no good

Haha, don't know much about this game that you're playing but your language is incredible :D.

In what way? :o

When you swear I mean and then start to say you don't usually swear at games or something. Everyone swears at games. I get so annoyed at FM that I get told off or to stop playing by mum :D.

The subs and tactics wouldn't bother me. It's just I saw a video once of some bloke starting a game and going through everything. He showed everything contract offers to staff and players creating a tactic everything and it bored me. However watching a game with a lot of meaning to it and watching someone explain the thoughts they have as the game progresses sounds good fun. Only problem is you use 2d still don't you?

Yeah, I imagine it would be very dull watching a player do training routines or scouting for players! However, I think if you just focused on matches and exciting moments, it could be quite interesting.

I do use 2D mainly with 3D coming on for goal highlights. Maybe I would scrap that for a video, I'm not sure. I guess if people preferred it, I would have to consider switching to 3D.

I still prefer 2D classic for most of the match in order to look at player positions and to make tactical decisions really.

I might do a tutorial of how I setup filters, tactical theory etc but I'm not sure if I can pull it off. I might record it and scrap it if its no good

Do it Flamers. I would watch and give it a like. :thup:

I could watch 2d as long as goal replays were in 3d.

When you swear I mean and then start to say you don't usually swear at games or something. Everyone swears at games. I get so annoyed at FM that I get told off or to stop playing by mum :D.

I don't usually swear or at least I try not to swear anyway!

I really didn't want to swear in my videos but one word accidentally came out in that one and I couldn't help it! :o I guess I could have edited it out now I think about it.

I could watch 2d as long as goal replays were in 3d.

Yeah, that's exactly how I play. It's interesting to see the goals in 3D. Sometimes they can look pretty good and other times I'm kind of disappointed!

When I've uploaded the odd match to YouTube via the in-game option, I've done it in 3D though as I assume most people prefer it.

I'm not critiscising. I actually enjoyed the video and the swearing added something to it that I enjoyed.

That's cool! :thup:

Although I'm still going to try not to swear in my future videos.

I actually found it quite hard commentating and playing at the same time. I ended up saying a bunch of stuff that I wouldn't normally and also getting things mixed up and confused a bunch of times. :D

My main striker got injured so I just put my 16 year old 6 foot 8 regen into the first team, he got 5 assists and 2 goals, not bad that.

I'm bored of FM. I need a lower league team with transfer funds or wages so I can go and have some fun. A bit like Notts County on FM whatever.

Haha, my mum always yells me about swearing at a computer screen. I keep telling her 'You don't understand!' and 'At least I don't ever say that language to you!' :D

Flamers and Crouchy sound nothing like I thought you two would. I only envision very distinct British accents from most of you lot. :lol:

I think it's best in FM if you don't do live commentary since it's a bit different than other games.

I hear a couple of EU3 LPers swear in their vids and it definitely adds something.