dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

8,028 posts in this topic

No, to Canada. :p

I'm used to seeing people leave Canada for warmer places (like my sister), not the other way around! :lol:

If you're coming to Toronto, it's quite warm this week (compared to the last week, which was fecking freezing and windy). :thup:

I'm used to seeing people leave Canada for warmer places (like my sister), not the other way around! :lol:

If you're coming to Toronto, it's quite warm this week (compared to the last week, which was fecking freezing and windy). :thup:

No, No, far side. Vancouver. I do hit Toronto as a transfer at the end.

I've not been posting near as much in peoples threads but I think that comes with time of the year as for most people.

Doesn't stop me reading them though ;):thup:

Anyone who wants a 50% off coupon for a friend message me on Steam :)

Steam is a pile of sh*t.

Logged on at Vancouver Airport because I have a couple of hours wait. I now can't play it until the bloody thing updates. Using airport wi-fi. Which is slower than Paris Hilton.

You can tell Steam to not update the game?

Steam is fine.

You can tell Steam to not update the game?

Steam is fine.

I don't know how. And it's a pile of sh*t at this point in time simply as I can't play it.

Does FM 12 still have the annoying 'player sees rejected offer as a reason to demand a new contract thing' that I'm getting reacquanted with on FM11? I don't remember that being an issue. Very annoying with a side of promising young players. Was bad enough with getting a few bids a day for my MTK side in FM12 without facing that situation as well.

It's happened a few times to me on FM12 but not as frequent as on FM11. Usually just to the very promosing youngsters. I tend to put £30m asking price on any player I plan on keeping for a while, seems to stop the AI bidding on your players

"Does FM 12 still have the annoying 'player sees rejected offer as a reason to demand a new contract thing' that I'm getting reacquanted with on FM11? I don't remember that being an issue. Very annoying with a side of promising young players. Was bad enough with getting a few bids a day for my MTK side in FM12 without facing that situation as well. "

IRL MTK is well-known for asking for large sums of money for its youngsters and telling them to sit on their asses if they want to move - that's a tradition to follow :D

It's every SINGLE time an offer comes in for one of my players

I offered my player out who was in the reserves and after the bid was not good enough I rejected it, then he asked for a new contract due to the clubs recent interest in him.

i dont get players demanding new contracts for that

Rancer, AB or anyone who likes the MLS, what teams have funds for wages and transfer funds and can someone explain the rules for the MLS? Also, I don't want the best team either.

Gone with Houston in the end. Would someone like to explain all the contracts etc etc please and everything else, thanks.

Gone with Houston in the end. Would someone like to explain all the contracts etc etc please and everything else, thanks.

Contracts (all figures annually, because that's how I play!)

- AA (Academy Apprentice) - there contracts are for playing who come through the youth system. Don't count against the cap.

- Entry-Level Senior - 1 or 2 year contract at minimum wage

- Senior - contracts from minimum wage (it increases every year) to the max senior contract of $325,000

- DP (Designated Player) - contracts over $325,000. Don't remember how much it counts against the cap though ($400k iirc?) because the value changes every year IRL...the amount you can offer depends on the salary budget you have

Allocations

- similar to transfer budget

Draft Picks

- Superdraft and Supplemental Draft. It's how you restock your rosters with the best talent from the US amateur leagues. The parity system is such that the worst teams get the highest picks in the draft. Pick and choose the best talent.

Trading/Part exchanges

- you can trade players, draft picks, allocation money, International slots, (don't think you can trade DP slots anymore). The system is a bit annoying though where you can't acquire multiple assets at once.

Houston are an okay club. They're a playoff team (although when over 50% of the teams in the league make the playoffs, it's hard not to be a playoff team)

Cool, still don't know any good free transfers but I have some wages. I'll see where it goes. Like all my previous attempts off managing in the MLS, I've got bored and sacked it in because I was confused.

The challenge with Houston is transition--the team is on the wrong side of their careers and while Ching and Davis are still quality, they are fading fast. It's not clear what sits behind them. So they're an interesting team to pick up. You have Cameron, some decent other pieces. But some attacking creativity in midfield is desperately needed, and it's not clear that Bruin (or any of the others brought in) are the answer up front.

It's about this time of year I start my journeyman career save and this year is not any different.:)

These have been my previous attempts in last two years;

[FM10] The Good Foot

[FM11] Godfoten

I hope to get my new career posted up, within the next week or so.

BTW, Gundo, please go to the right team in Verona this time if you end up in Italy. :mad:

;):D

:D The Flying Donkeys have always been my favourite Italian team, followed Hellas Verona's results last few seasons aswel. :thup:

Might have to start another chapter of my Crazy Canuck FM adventures because of bloody crash dumps with a conflict with some of the European files.

Would anyone fancy reading a save based on a fantasy American league (with promotion/relegation), all-youth challenge from a level 8 league?

Youth Challengers definitely seem to be popular at the moment.An fantasy American League using all-youth would be interesting to follow.

FC Magdeburg playing in the 4th league in Germany had failed to score in 5 matches......

D7qA2.jpg

Genius! :D

Hi, i got a question that maybe you guys can help me, im planning to do a career starting in i na semi-professional team. My question is: How can the club become professional? I tried to offer a new contract to a player that is already professional, the only professional player in the team, and it only allows me to offer a part time contract...

Thank you for your time and help,

Rodriguez

You have no control over that, when you're at a high enough league level and with enough money in the bank (I think), the board will decide to turn the club professional but you have to wait for that rather than there being anything directly you can do yourself.

Delta isn't there a boardroom option to ask to turn professional?

There might be, but you'd probably still need the above factors for it to be a successful request, and it still stands that the board have to think you're ready rather then there being a 'go professional' option when you want it.

It also hinges on how ambitious the chairman is etc.

But how can i have a professional player and i cant even renew with him in a full time basis as he is right now?

Thank you for your help once again :)

The semipro/pro thing is hard coded in now as you used to be able to be semi pro and have all your players full time.

FC Magdeburg playing in the 4th league in Germany had failed to score in 5 matches......

*pic*

The great thing is, it worked! They broke their duck :D

They still lost 2-1 though :(

D7qA2.jpg

What makes it funnier is that some of them aren't pointing at the goal. :D

I've noticed some people, at the end of a season, create a table that shows who they managed each season and how the did. But I can't figure out how to do this. Can anyone tell me?

I've noticed some people, at the end of a season, create a table that shows who they managed each season and how the did. But I can't figure out how to do this. Can anyone tell me?

The easiest way is to quote someone else's post and copy it, but you can use notepad to line everything up and post it using the code tags.

Thanks, dafuge. Never crossed my mind to quote someone else's and then copy/paste it.

Anyone else preordered/going to buy Diablo 3? Been watching YouTube videos of people playing the beta and it looks great, preordered it from Amazon yesterday.

The Youth Only challenge has certainly gotten a lot more popular this year. I'm seeing one new youth thread one day these days. :lol:

The Youth Only challenge has certainly gotten a lot more popular this year. I'm seeing one new youth thread one day these days. :lol:

Yeah it's getting a little over the top altho I don't blame people looking at those threads and thinking "this looks fun, I want to have a go too".

Bloody hell I'm getting seriously addicted to this game. Think I've spent almost two full days of my holidays stuck to FM. If I hadn't just spent a weekend with the GF, not touching the computer at all, I'd be questioning my sanity at this point.

Btw as I'm writing this I'm loading up the game for a quick 30 minutes session before I go out for dinner. :lol:

I met an Italian football fan at the football yesterday at St. Albans City v Weymouth. Almost an Italian version of myself, in fact! Whilst he was drooling over the prospect of watching English Non-League football at its very best at Clarence Park, I was talking to him and asking endless questions about Serie C, D and below (basically, the Italian equivalent of 'Non-League')! :D

He was an awesome guy. A Cremonese fan and said to me that he wants to bring me a scarf and shirt next time he comes to St. Albans so that I will support his team. :D I told him that he has to make St. Albans City his English team! I did want to tell him that I once took his beloved Cremonese to Serie A and that I won the Scudetto with them on CM03/04 with Milan Baros and Toledo up front, but I thought it best not to admit just how much of a nerd I am to a total stranger. :o

Crouchy its worse admitting to your family you are a nerd. They judge you much more :D I would love for him to be on these forums and find you :D

Flamers, I hear that you are doing YouTube videos of Minecraft now...... *blatant plug* ........ I've heard that you are doing Sea of Flame II, which is an awesome map...... *very blatant plug* ........ looking forward to seeing how you get on dude........ *extremely blatant plug*

Seriously, any of you who are fans of Minecraft, check it out:

:D