dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

7,953 posts in this topic

Don't dislike that Cher song (though don't really like it either), not heard of the other.

It does include Backstreet Boys as well :D.

Shouldn't that kind of swearing be starred out?

I kid you not, my stomach turned.

Okay just listened to 5 more songs on YouTube, I'm trying to redeem myself:

11. Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams

12. Dolly Parton - Working 9-5

13. Bon Jovi - It's my life

14. Foo Fighters - Pretender

15. Green Day - Do you know your enemy?

Is this helping Deisler? :D

That Foo's track is on my running playlist. Everything else. Dear God.

Thought i'd take a crack at this, i've got 2218 songs on my iPod so anything could happen here...........

1. Snoop Dogg - Murder Was the Case

2. Inkanyezi Nezazi - Ladysmith Black Mambazo

3. Goldfrapp - It's Not over Yet

4. The Killers - A Dustland Fairytale

5. Honky Tonk Man - Cool Cocky Bad :D

My tastes are all over the place, and I might actually kill people mentioning a few things. So I'll just mention that I have 2 playlists on youtube for an individual band. One is Within Temptation, and the other is Eiffel 65, though there's another that's mostly Freedom Call, in my defence.

I know, they're my 'respectable' like. I was contrasting them with what a lot of people would think of Eiffel 65.

I don't give a fig for either band. In fact, I'd rather listen to 'Blue' than anything WT did...

My shuffle playlist:

1. Drake - The Ride

2. Cory Gunz - Gunz Pop Hash

3. Kanye West & Jay-Z, (Frank Ocean) - No Church in the Wild

4. Tommy Sunshine & Disco Fries - Don't Look Back

5. Drake - Crew Love

I doubt you will recognise most, if not all of these songs.

My shuffle playlist:

1. Drake - The Ride

2. Cory Gunz - Gunz Pop Hash

3. Kanye West & Jay-Z, (Frank Ocean) - No Church in the Wild

4. Tommy Sunshine & Disco Fries - Don't Look Back

5. Drake - Crew Love

I doubt you will recognise most, if not all of these songs.

I know all of them. Your taste in rappers is somewhat....interesting.

Can anyone figure out what beep code

is?

I don't think I can recover any data from this but none of the system beep codes seem to match. I'm more curious than anything. :D

I'm not sure rancer but I'm loving that Flamers v Maple Leafs video :thup:. I'm a Maple Leaf fan myself :).

I'm not sure rancer but I'm loving that Flamers v Maple Leafs video :thup:. I'm a Maple Leaf fan myself :).

I have the 3rd period recorded as well! :) (albeit the quality isn't as good because my BB died and had to resort with my itouch)

But both files were quite big and I had to wait over an hour for the first one to be uploaded so I never uploaded the other one.

Wanted to go to the Raptors game against Jeremy Lin and the Knicks when they came to town and film some live footage but had a midterm the next day so perhaps next time if I got time and I got tickets... :D

It sucks when real life gets in the way and you don't have much time to spend on FM or the forum.

I'll have a lot of catching up to do when I get round to having a free night.

Ok so here's my 5 on my full library (minus classical stuff):

Megadeth - New World Order

Aerosmith - Same Old Song & Dance

Alice in Chains - Would?

Audioslave - Set it Off

Damageplan - Soul Bleed

And the next 5:

Sinergy - Violated

Foghat - Slow Ride

Black Label Society - In This River

Ill Nino - In This Moment

Static-X - SOM

And the next:

Van Halen - Eruption

Joe Satriani - You Saved My Life

God Forbid - The End of the World

Pantera - Cowboys From Hell

Forbidden - Parting of the Ways

So like one song I've listened to in the last year (Alice in Chains) out of 15. Nice one, iTunes :D

Rafa Benitez is back at Inter in the year 2014 on my save. The news item said that they were delighted to welcome him back. :D

My 15:

1. American Idiot - Green Day

2. Backseat Sarah - Third Place Victory

3. Lord Xenu - The Devil Wears Prada

4. I Melt With You - Sugarcult

5. Champagne's for Celebrating (I'll Have a Martini) - Mayday Parade

6. The Sirens Song - Parkway Drive

7. Turn The Lights Out - Hadouken!

8. My Shoes - Attack! Attack! (UK)

9. Treasure - Flyleaf

10. Cool To Hate - Offspring (again!!)

11. Night Drive - The All American Rejects

12. Peg O' My Heart - Dropkick Murphys

13. Inside Of Me - Dead By Sunrise

14. Danger: Wildman - The Devil Wears Prada

15. The Danger In Starting A Fire - A Day To Remember

Yours is clearly the best one so far, Snake!

Nowt like taking sides eh, is there Deisler? :D

Just a quick question for you guys, I've noticed nearly all the threads on here are with lower league or clubs in obscure nations. Would it be ok if I posted updates about my next game? I prefer using teams that I know well as I'm new to FM this year. I think it would help my save if I could share it on here and perhaps get some tips from you.

Of course, there are no restrictions at all about the sorts of teams people can post about here.

Of course, there are no restrictions at all about the sorts of teams people can post about here.

Ok great, some of the threads on here are epic! 30-40 season-long careers are incredible. I'll have a good read of as many of the threads on here as possible before I start my own I think.

Just a hint, if you go with Utd, City, Chelsea and the like you will have probably won everything within 5 seasons and will get bored. I managed 30 seasons last year with KFK and never won a major European competition. Also "bad news makes good news" as humans we love reading about how people suffer (not in a sick way but it intrigues us) so bare that in mind.

But most of all: enjoy your career! If you enjoy it then its likely others will too! And never be afraid to ask for help, most of us don't bite :D

Just a hint, if you go with Utd, City, Chelsea and the like you will have probably won everything within 5 seasons and will get bored. I managed 30 seasons last year with KFK and never won a major European competition. Also "bad news makes good news" as humans we love reading about how people suffer (not in a sick way but it intrigues us) so bare that in mind.

But most of all: enjoy your career! If you enjoy it then its likely others will too! And never be afraid to ask for help, most of us don't bite :D

I appreciate that mate, to be honest you have made me re-think what I was going to do. 30 seasons is fantastic! I think it may be a good learning experience if I start with an obscure team and work my way up (hopefully.) I doubt I could replicate a career like yours or some of the other lads on here but hopefully I can have a decent long-term save, as you say that will not be fun/interesting with a top European side.

You will find that you can get very attached to a club, my save in Iceland has made me want to go there and see the football club I played as. They are currently playing in the Icelandic 4th tier (yes it exists!) and are one of the worst teams in the country :D

I am already 7 seasons into my new save and I haven't got bored yet, also don't try and push your computer too much. It was get noticeably slower as the years go on and it can get VERY frustrating so have patience :)

You will find that you can get very attached to a club, my save in Iceland has made me want to go there and see the football club I played as. They are currently playing in the Icelandic 4th tier (yes it exists!) and are one of the worst teams in the country :D

I am already 7 seasons into my new save and I haven't got bored yet, also don't try and push your computer too much. It was get noticeably slower as the years go on and it can get VERY frustrating so have patience :)

I guess that's the beauty of FM, I doubt playing FIFA could get you attached to a team like that. I'm definitely sold on the idea of starting down the leagues in a different country. Regarding extra leagues, is there a benefit to loading other countries/leagues other than the one in which my team will play?

After 30 years the AI has basically switched off in inactive leagues, you get full teams of grey players etc and they don't really compete to buy good players. If your computer can handle it add them (even if it's only as view only) if not it won't break your save :)

After 30 years the AI has basically switched off in inactive leagues, you get full teams of grey players etc and they don't really compete to buy good players. If your computer can handle it add them (even if it's only as view only) if not it won't break your save :)

Ah I didn't realise that. I'm on a medium rage laptop so I can't load too many but I'll load up the top European leagues. The only thing now is to pick a club to use!

I appreciate that mate, to be honest you have made me re-think what I was going to do. 30 seasons is fantastic! I think it may be a good learning experience if I start with an obscure team and work my way up (hopefully.) I doubt I could replicate a career like yours or some of the other lads on here but hopefully I can have a decent long-term save, as you say that will not be fun/interesting with a top European side.

We all have our own preferences that are equally as valid as anyone else's, but in my own experience, switching from 'starting with international rep and wandering wherever' to starting low is one of the best things I've ever done regarding FM, though it helps that you don't have to be successful to increase your rep so you're not stuck at the bottom forever. You'd probably get more interest that way as well.

For a club I would go one of two ways: either a new club with no history so you can make your own. Or a really old club with loads of history but is now terrible. But as delta says, its your save, you need to enjoy it ;)

We all have our own preferences that are equally as valid as anyone else's, but in my own experience, switching from 'starting with international rep and wandering wherever' to starting low is one of the best things I've ever done regarding FM, though it helps that you don't have to be successful to increase your rep so you're not stuck at the bottom forever. You'd probably get more interest that way as well.

It would be pretty fun to try and start from the ground up, I mentioned before I prefer using clubs that I know but that's probably because it's the only way I have played the game so far, I'm going to try a team that's a little bit different. Thanks for your input.

For a club I would go one of two ways: either a new club with no history so you can make your own. Or a really old club with loads of history but is now terrible. But as delta says, its your save, you need to enjoy it ;)

I love the idea of turning a team round, I'll load up a game and have a look at a few different teams. I'd like to stay at one club and build them up rather than a journeyman save.

Wikipedia is always good, I started my save by just applying for loads of jobs and ended up at a club in the same city as Kim Jon Il so supposedly born!

Wikipedia is always good, I started my save by just applying for loads of jobs and ended up at a club in the same city as Kim Jon Il so supposedly born!

Hahaha, wow. Yeah it would be cool if I could check out my teams city and stadium on Wikipedia. Would you recommend any countries that are good to manage in?

I will be biased and say Iceland :p Generally people stick to Europe but there have been several good threads in Asia and South America both last year and this. It depends on what you want to do really and how long you have to sink into it.

I will be biased and say Iceland :p Generally people stick to Europe but there have been several good threads in Asia and South America both last year and this. It depends on what you want to do really and how long you have to sink into it.

I'd like to have a long-term game ideally. I think Brazil could be good, they're bound to have quality youngsters coming through. One downside is no Champions League obviously.

Brazil will have you stressed and needing a huge squad, its meant to be very challenging. All perfect things for a good thread! SnakeXe is at Santos currently in his thread and it seems like he is enjoying it :)

Very long seasons though with state championships so it would to especially slowly. Sounds great if you don't mind though.

I'd like to have a long-term game ideally. I think Brazil could be good, they're bound to have quality youngsters coming through. One downside is no Champions League obviously.

There is an equivalent in the Copa Libertadores, but it doesn't really match up to the Champions League in terms of money. Managing in Brazil can be highly frustrating, especially when it comes to chairmen accepting bids from European clubs. Saying that, it can also be great, especially if you like building a team with homegrown players.

Brazil will have you stressed and needing a huge squad, its meant to be very challenging. All perfect things for a good thread! SnakeXe is at Santos currently in his thread and it seems like he is enjoying it :)

Ah, probably not for me then. I like having a small squad of players. I think what I'll do is have a read through a few different thread and see what inspires me. I bet Santos is fun, it's like a factory for wonderkids!

I think you do 60+ games a season if you want win everything so exhaustion is a major factor!

I think you do 60+ games a season if you want win everything so exhaustion is a major factor!

Yeah I heard it was a long season down there, makes sense to have a huge squad. I have a question for you, what helps you have a long-term save?

The Brazilian season does drag on a bit, although you can often win the state championship with your youth team which is pretty good.

As for long term games, I just need a long term aim. If I've not got anything to aim for then I tend to get a bit bored with it (like last year).

It helps me if I have people to chat to on Steam while I play, there is a FMCU Group on steam which most of us are part of. Other than that its winning a continental competition (which I haven't yet done!)