dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

8,016 posts in this topic

1. Mogwai - San Pedro

2. Isis - False Light

3. Lush - Hypocrite

4. White Stripes - Seven Nation Army (The Glitch Mob Remix)

5. Silversun Pickups - It's Nice To Know You Work Alone

Sounds about right.

The Man Don't Give a **** by Super Furry Animals

Mutherf___er by Beck

Back in the USSR by The Beatles

2+2=5 by Radiohead

Door by C418

Just did it for pop music. I have a ton of classical music but thought it would make better sense if I stuck with my pop music folders.

When I did it for my classical music folders, this is what came out:

Bach's Brandenburg Concertos

Mahler's Das Knaben Wunderhorn

Elgar's Symphony No. 3

Stavinsky's Petrushka

Beethoven Symphony No. 3

I just listed the piece of music rather than the individual movement or whatever.

The Man Don't Give a **** by Super Furry Animals

I remember desperately trying to find a copy of this, but failing. Yes, I was an NME kid.

I remember desperately trying to find a copy of this, but failing. Yes, I was an NME kid.

So was I. Tragic! :D

It was a bonus extra on a compilation of their singles, if I recall correctly.

They always used to play it at live shows, I remember, and it always seemed amazing. I used to love the Super Furry Animals at one point. Hadn't listened to that song in years and years, and I was actually surprised when it popped up on shuffle as I didn't even remember that I had it! :D

Sorry to go onto another topic but when you go to the player search on FM, how many players are there?

I am guessing removing leagues does not remove any players according to my search there are 154568 players found. No wonder my game seems pretty slow at the moment.

I am worried my game will be unplayable in five or so seasons if I add a few more leagues.

Well in my Iceland save I was at 128k or so for 30 years. It chugs but thats mainly because of a 3GB+ save file

Not this:

nerdy_girls.jpg

original.jpg

That first guy looks like a really bad nerd btw. His equipment is a little out of date.

Go one then, that reminds me of one of the best ways of sharing your musical tastes.

On your digital music player of choice, stick it on shuffle and post the first five tunes that come out. No cheating.

Death 2 Everyone - Urusei Yatsura

Chunks - Dinosaur Jr

Bitter Branches - PJ Harvey

Percolator - Stereolab

Animals and Men - Adam and the Ants

PJ Harvey and Stereolab only ones I listen to on regular basis. Don't even remember buying the Adam Ant one

Opeth - The Apostle in Triumph

Mastodon - Hand of Blood

Periphery - Insomnia

The Arusha Accord - You Cried Wolf

Coheed & Cambria - In the Flame of Error

I have only a very small fraction of my music on my phone though so not an accurate reflection of all the rubbish I've had since I was a teenager :D I'll do it again on my desktop when I'm on there, should be far more embarrassing!

Myles Kennedy is awesome! Such a good singer and a great guitarist as well.

That first guy looks like a really bad nerd btw. His equipment is a little out of date.

The picture was probably taken in 1982 Soviet Russia.

mine is this:

1. Let Me - Black Tide

2. Layla (unplugged) - Eric Clapton

3. What it takes - Aerosmith

4. Last Resort - Papa Roach

5. No More - Drowning pool

The picture was probably taken in 2005 Russia.

Fixed :thup:

Speaking of Soviet Russia:

https://apps.facebook.com/theguardian/world/2012/feb/15/toys-protest-not-citizens-russia?fb_source=other_multiline&fb_action_types=news.reads

Toys cannot hold protest because they are not citizens of Russia, officials rule

There hadn't been many – indeed any – rallies like it before in Russia. Last month saw dozens of toys, from teddy bears to Lego figurines, standing out in the snow of a Siberian city with banners complaining about corruption and electoral malpractice.

At the time, Russian authorities in Barnaul declared the protest "an unsanctioned public event".

Now a petition to hold another protest featuring 100 Kinder Surprise toys, 100 Lego people, 20 model soldiers, 15 soft toys and 10 toy cars has been rejected because the toys have been deemed not to be "citizens of Russia".

"As you understand, toys, especially imported toys, are not only not citizens of Russia but they are not even people," Andrei Lyapunov, a spokesman for Barnaul, told local media.

At the last rally, baffled police did not know what to do with the toys, which held up banners with the words: "I'm for clean elections," and "A thief should sit in jail, not in the Kremlin." After taking photographs and video of the plastic offenders, they asked prosecutors to investigate its legality.

The number of people, and their toys, wanting to take part has risen dramatically since then.

"It probably wouldn't be that popular if the reaction of the authorities hadn't been so harsh and absurd," said the activist Lyudmila Alexandrovna.

Authorities though are not willing to back down.

"It is possible that the people who have applied are inspired by their toys … and consider them their friends but the law unfortunately has a different point of view," said Lyapunov. "Neither toys nor, for example, flags, plates or domestic appliances can take part in a meeting."

The response to the original ban is typical of the new wave of demonstrations in Russia characterised by witty banners and a degree of absurdist humour. After a mass Moscow rally in December, the protest was re-enacted with Lego models and posted on YouTube within days. Toy rallies have caught on and taken place in four other Russian towns in the wake of the Barnaul protest.

Despite the ban, the group says it will look for another way.

One possibility, said the activist Sergei Andreev, is a solitary picket, which is allowed to take place without permission from local authorities under Russian law.

"We will stand up one [toy] and the rest will sit on a bench not far away," said Andreev.

:lol::applause:

and my musics:

1. Radiohead - Feral

2. Goldie - Angel

3. Jamie Woon - Spiral

4. M83 - This Bright Flash

5. James Blake - Lindisfarne II

The picture was probably taken in 1982 Soviet Russia.

I get that it's a joke, but for all the faults with the soviet system, they had technology that was pretty damn advanced, more advanced than in the West in its heyday. They were the first to get a man into space for example.

Obviously they lagged behind in other domains due to the authoritarian political system, but they have always been at the forefront when it comes to technology and industrialisation.

As for the song thing, I don't have the greatest collection the laptop, but I'll give it a go nonetheless.

1. Rolling Stones - It's all over now

2. Rose Tattoo - Slipping away

3. Aerosmith - Dude (looks like a lady)

4. Chris Hinze - Mantras and names

5. Iron Maiden - Run to the hills

Pretty darn good shuffle there. Don't think I've ever heard number four, was basically just silence most of the time. But the four others are cracking songs :thup:music-rocker-001.gif

There are some utter shockers on your iPods, people!

Crouchy D'ya do film scores?

I'd do the iTunes thing, well I will do it. But half (maybe more) of the music I like and listen to is via YouTube!

1. Snow Patrol - An Olive Grove Facing the Sea

2. Busted - Falling for you

3. Take That - Happy Now

4. Nickelback - How You Remind Me

5. Coldplay - Fix You

Actually that sums me up really well. Snow Patrol and Coldplay are by far the 2 best bands I listen to and Oasis comes a close 3rd although I don't have them on my iTunes, same as Foo Fighters. Take That have done some great songs and although I have very little of Nickelback, about 3 songs How You Remind Me is a quality tune.

And Busted, loved from my youth and they never got old.

I'd do the iTunes thing, well I will do it. But half (maybe more) of the music I like and listen to is via YouTube!

1. Snow Patrol - An Olive Grove Facing the Sea

2. Busted - Falling for you

3. Take That - Happy Now

4. Nickelback - How You Remind Me

5. Coldplay - Fix You

Actually that sums me up really well. Snow Patrol and Coldplay are by far the 2 best bands I listen to and Oasis comes a close 3rd although I don't have them on my iTunes, same as Foo Fighters. Take That have done some great songs and although I have very little of Nickelback, about 3 songs How You Remind Me is a quality tune.

And Busted, loved from my youth and they never got old.

tumblr_lk437yAtZd1qek2g7.jpg

Take That? F*cking hell, man. :eek:

In the olden days I'd strongly recommend a "format c:" cure.

If there was a door, I'd have walked out of it ages ago :D

For the fun of it, I'll do the next 5: (I deleted Lady Gaga last week, so I might get lucky)

6. Hum Hallelujah - Fall Out Boy

7. Damien Rice - Cannonball

8. James Morrison - I wont let you go

9. Will Young - Jealousy

10. Eurphoria - Dance Mix 3

Pleased to say I haven't heard about any of those bar Morrison.

:D

For the fun of it, I'll do the next 5: (I deleted Lady Gaga last week, so I might get lucky)

9. Will Young - Jealousy

tumblr_lk437yAtZd1qek2g7.jpg

You surely would have heard of Cannonball. Covered by that girl band off of X Factor this year.

I don't like to sound elitist, but can we ban HotChocolate from any conversation about music from now on? :p

If you think his music taste is shocking, then well you aren't seeing mine. We could have a game, called guess NF's favourite 17 songs :D.

If you think his music taste is shocking, then well you aren't seeing mine. We could have a game, called guess NF's favourite 17 songs :D.

Wait, what? No. Surely not.... Please?

Some awful songs popping up :D. Heres my first 5...

1. Moby, Extreme Ways.

2. The last shaddow puppets, my mistakes were made for you

3. Pendulum, Salt in the wounds (awful awful song)

4.Arctic Monkeys, dangerous animals

5. DJ Fresh, gold dust

A couple of decent songs accompanied by some absolute trash( im looking at pendulum and DJ fresh)

9. Will Young - Jealousy

Will Young :D

I don't like to sound elitist, but can we ban HotChocolate from any conversation about music from now on? :p

No.

Might go and troll your thread now with the best music ever :D

Okay just listened to 5 more songs on YouTube, I'm trying to redeem myself:

11. Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams

12. Dolly Parton - Working 9-5

13. Bon Jovi - It's my life

14. Foo Fighters - Pretender

15. Green Day - Do you know your enemy?

Is this helping Deisler? :D

Dolly Parton, please HC, that is terrible. Sort of another one to add to my list in my head.

New Radicals - You get what you give.

When you think of nerds you think of this:

super-computer-nerd.jpg

thats me playing fm :D

You surely would have heard of Cannonball. Covered by that girl band off of X Factor this year.

No idea who it is. Don't watch filth like X Factor either. Reality [sic] shows bore me to death. Is it one of those?

No wonder I'm crap at the quiz. Too much crap in the world I don't care about :D

thats me playing fm :D

Will there be a copyright claim now? :D

Okay just listened to 5 more songs on YouTube, I'm trying to redeem myself:

11. Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams

12. Dolly Parton - Working 9-5

13. Bon Jovi - It's my life

14. Foo Fighters - Pretender

15. Green Day - Do you know your enemy?

Is this helping Deisler? :D

That's better than the last lot, nothing wrong with a bit of Dolly Parton but Jolene is a much much better song.

Do I come in with my eurodance list and save HotChocolate or not?

I could save him, but I've forget my list. I have the worst music taste. 90s music for me is the best. Although mine is pure cringe.

I could save him, but I've forget my list. I have the worst music taste. 90s music for me is the best. Although mine is pure cringe.

You and me both.