dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

8,015 posts in this topic

FMCU2-3.png

I leveled out the English flag, it was higher than the others and just changed the names for a world map, using the world map could lead to me changing the flags, seen as we have a map of the world. Maybe something sporty?

Thanks for all the comments and feedback on the first one :thup:

Maybe somehow incorporate a soccer ball in the logo? Just my 2 pennies.

Think that looks good and kudos for sorting out the English flag :thup:

Down Under has never been a more apt term, mind :D

Liked having the flags actually, but we're probably more than from just 9 nationalities and I guess they are a little redundant now with the world map beneath. Something football related wouldn't go amiss there now I reckon.

A picture of Blatter with the subtitle "I own this"? :D

I'm going to replace the flags with something football that we can relate to, not entirely sure what.

Maybe keep it simple and go with a soccer ball with some background like a pitch from birds eye view.

No sure about my character yet. I played through the introduction screens last night and got to character development. I started to design my character but got side tracked into fiddling about with it so much that it got late and I decided to call it a night.

I probably could have predicted that :lol:

In the end I went with something very close to the default character model so I wouldn't play too much, because I know I could waste hours. I just made his hair and bear more Zakk Wylde-ish because I thought he looked a bit like him to begin with, so I'm now Zakk Wylde the Nord Assassin.

That's my character off Skyrim, never really played any game as a female character until now. My perve mate wanted to see my character then asked to see her in the game version of underwear lol.

How do you get a picture of your character up like that? I'm such a noob at this game. Can't work the most simple of things out. :D

I got as far as working out that pressing 'F' and moving the mouse around means you can view the front of your character but it's not as clear as your picture.

I'll post a picture of my character if you let me know how to do it!

I probably could have predicted that :lol:

Yes, I'm terrible with things like that. I could have predicted it myself tbh!

In the end I went with something very close to the default character model so I wouldn't play too much, because I know I could waste hours. I just made his hair and bear more Zakk Wylde-ish because I thought he looked a bit like him to begin with, so I'm now Zakk Wylde the Nord Assassin.

Nice!

I decided to go with Imperial race as it seemed quite balanced in terms of the characteristics (combat and better looting, I think, which sounded good to me) and I read that it's one of the best ones to pick for someone totally new to the game. In the end, I picked one of the presets and then just made some small adjustments to individualise him. I made him look a bit like my FM profile pic actually.

So far, all I've done is got to Riverwood with the Nord guy (forget his name now) so I haven't got very far. I actually played this opening part twice. The first time, I got to Riverwood and killed a chicken, just out of curiosity, not realising that it would set the whole place against me. :o

I'm a massive noob when it comes to this game. I've never played an Elder Scrolls game before and I have no idea what I'm doing. :D All I know about the game is from watching a few YouTube videos of people playing through the opening scenes, so I have a lot to learn. Looks fun so far though!

Print screen or you steam screenshot button (check in settings)

What's the red and black logo to the right about?

It was just a couple of colors that went in well. I didn't have a clue what to put there.

Yeah but how do I get my character up like AB did in the first place?

He's in a conversation there so it'll zoom in. If you scroll in and out with the mousewheel you might be able to get a decent look at yourself.

As for experimenting with chicken killing - learn the quicksave/quickload keys first :D (F5 quicksave, F9 quickload). Essential especially when you're going down one of the barrows - dying takes you back to your previous savepoint.

What's the red and black logo to the right about?

I was wondering the same thing...

He's in a conversation there so it'll zoom in. If you scroll in and out with the mousewheel you might be able to get a decent look at yourself.

As for experimenting with chicken killing - learn the quicksave/quickload keys first :D (F5 quicksave, F9 quickload). Essential especially when you're going down one of the barrows - dying takes you back to your previous savepoint.

Ah, so press F5 every few seconds then? :D

Yeah, I learnt the hard way as I hadn't done a quick save. I know what to do now.

I'm enjoying it so far. It's pretty overwhelming starting out though as the scale is just so huge. I've spent ages just wondering around looting everything and looking at stuff. :D

Ah, so press F5 every few seconds then? :D

Yeah, I learnt the hard way as I hadn't done a quick save. I know what to do now.

I'm enjoying it so far. It's pretty overwhelming starting out though as the scale is just so huge. I've spent ages just wondering around looting everything and looking at stuff. :D

Haha yes indeed! Basically my modus operandi is sneak up to mobs, quicksave, kill mobs, loot them, quicksave, rinse and repeat.

It's really daunting when you first step out into the big wide world! There's some really beautiful scenery around as well. I think you just have to follow the quest objectives for a while until you're a bit more familiar with the scope of the world, then you can feel a bit more comfortable with the game.

I am not on the pc, on the xbox you switch to third person view and can use one analog stick to swing camera round in front of the character.

Constant saving is a good idea I set mine to autosave every 5 minutes and manual save every time I feel there is a chance I might die. This game is massive and as SnakeXe said following quests then exploring is best. I loved entering each town for the first time not knowing what was going to happen, especially Markarth and Windhelm.

That screenshot above actually looked a lot like one from the Witcher. Those who have played it will probably know where, though I won't say for (slight) spoiler reasons.

Loved just walking around in that game too, and coming into new places to explore. Games are a lot more fun when you go straight in and play without knowing (or reading) anything beforehand. I can never quite understand people who play games with a walkthrough guide.

Would love to play Skyrim at some point too and have never played any of the Elder Scrolls games either, but my current computer is far from good enough, and don't even get me started on the laptop. Tried running the Witcher (I) on it with lowest settings. It kind of played, but not well. Thankfully it can hack FM10 matches with lowest settings okay :D

With regards to the logo, I know some countries are too small but it would be a nice touch if the countries we are from could be highlighted in the world map to make them stand out.

What about dots on the map, either for where we're from or where we're from, FM-wise?

With regards to the logo, I know some countries are too small but it would be a nice touch if the countries we are from could be highlighted in the world map to make them stand out.

He'll need a new map then. Australia got cut off. :lol:

He'll need a new map then. Australia got cut off. :lol:

I'm from England we don't care about other countries lol. Map at the top of the logo would not look right would it?

I'm from England we don't care about other countries lol. Map at the top of the logo would not look right would it?

Probably not, but he could skew the map a little upwards and cut off (parts of) Greenland to make more room for Australia, New Zealand and South America.

Would it be possible to take the outlines of the countries we are from IRL and turn it into a football for the central pitch? Just an idea I had. Maybe it would look crap and involve too much work, mind :D

Hi guys,

After an extended FMCU absence due to studies and having a crack at The Big Euro Nation Challenge over in CSE, I'm back. :)

My save in CSE is on-going but I'm just not a one club guy and I need a bit on the side. ;) I'm playing through the first season of a new game that's designed to fit my journeyman needs without taking up too much time. I'll have the thread up later tonight. :thup:

Unfortunately Australia were just way out of reach, wherever I put the map they didn't want to appear.

I feel more sorry for New Zealand :cool:

Suppose you could also act as a creative time-machine and push the Aussies north and the Americas east again. Unless it looks too odd.

Good to see you back around these parts DodgeeD :thup:.

Like it, I always seem to put facial hair and war paint on my male characters. Mine looked like Gimli.

Have you played much yet?

Yes, I've played a bit. I've done my first quest which was the one at Bleak Falls Barrow (The Golden Claw).

Did you steal the claw back like it did (total dick move :D)

I am finally 100 archery :D time to go for 1 handed now :D

Any FIFA players on here?

Apart from FIFA and FM I don't play much (if any) other games.

I play FIFA on my house mates xbox, started in Ireland as the worst team in the game, now at Huddersfield, so not much better! But we had Juve to a draw :D

Last time I played FIFA was 1998 Road to the World Cup or some such title.

Does that count? :D

I'm not to sure that counts Pangaea.

I'm seriously considering starting up my own YouTube channel and doing a Series on trying to get a League 2 team to the Premier League signing just Youth Players. Would any of you watch the videos? :D

I haven't liked a FIFA game since the took away the bendy arrow for free kicks and got rid of the indoor mode on it.

If you were going talk then maybe HC, I have considered it before. Recording everything I do, speeding it up a little (so its not 6 hours a season) and voice overing some of it

Yes, I've played a bit. I've done my first quest which was the one at Bleak Falls Barrow (The Golden Claw).

I am always slightly jealous of someone starting out on Skyrim, the whole world to explore and not much idea what awaits. The golden claw is annoying because I am still going into that shop 60 hours later and they still thank me for it.

Did you steal the claw back like it did (total dick move :D)

I am finally 100 archery :D time to go for 1 handed now :D

Pretty sure I stole it and sold it back to him. What bow do you use? I have a Daedric one enchanted with 40 points of fire damage and fiery soul trap it does 268 damage. I haven't got 100 archery yet though so with other perks I expect it to be higher.

I use a legendary glass bow with sou; trap 1 sec on it, I haven't yet come across a daedric one :( I have pretty much all the offensive archery perks and x3 sneak attack so if I sneak I am hitting about 400 damage. When I get 100 enchanting I will buff it as much as I can and then double enchant with two grand soul gems with absorb health and fire damage probably.

I have enough dragon bones to make another 30 sets of armour so I might do that and have a set for everything.

Yes, I wouldn't talk all the way through the whole game and I'd try not to be talking like I do every day, i.e. plain and (boring?).

Obviously I can only try but I'd like to make it as exciting as possible. Can't start it yet though, I've lost my voice due to the typical man flu. :rolleyes:

I use a legendary glass bow with sou; trap 1 sec on it, I haven't yet come across a daedric one :( I have pretty much all the offensive archery perks and x3 sneak attack so if I sneak I am hitting about 400 damage. When I get 100 enchanting I will buff it as much as I can and then double enchant with two grand soul gems with absorb health and fire damage probably.

I have enough dragon bones to make another 30 sets of armour so I might do that and have a set for everything.

I am guessing you went down the light armour perks line rather than heavy? I just make my own Daedric bows. I have the three times sneak so every dies in one hit if the sneak attack is successful.

I haven't got as far as you guys, so I'm only using an epic Elven bow atm. But I also have the 3x sneak attack perk.

I haven't got as far as you guys, so I'm only using an epic Elven bow atm. But I also have the 3x sneak attack perk.

I just kept making iron daggers to up my smithing skill then enchanting them and selling them on. Once I could make Daedric bows I enchanted my armour to do 40 percent more bow damage.

I just kept making iron daggers to up my smithing skill then enchanting them and selling them on. Once I could make Daedric bows I enchanted my armour to do 40 percent more bow damage.

I've done that. My smithing is at 92. Haven't yet enchanted anything though.

Best to enchant the stuff you make when upping your smithing so you do both skills at once and make some cash. It can be a bad thing in a way but with high enchanting and smithing skill you can make weapons and armour better than any you can find in dungeons or shops.

Yes, I wouldn't talk all the way through the whole game and I'd try not to be talking like I do every day, i.e. plain and (boring?).

Obviously I can only try but I'd like to make it as exciting as possible. Can't start it yet though, I've lost my voice due to the typical man flu. :rolleyes:

I think the FM video story by SupremeNTM is a fantastic example of how it should be done. Far and away the best FM YouTube story in my opinion, largely because he doesn't cover every single match. That gets boring quite quickly, at least for me. I'm more interested in the overall plan, his thinking, signings and seasonal progress. The long lines, so to speak. Don't know if that would work for FIFA as it's a different game, but it works very well for him in FM.

He has a thread here, but hasn't posted a new video for a few weeks.

I think the FM video story by SupremeNTM is a fantastic example of how it should be done. Far and away the best FM YouTube story in my opinion, largely because he doesn't cover every single match. That gets boring quite quickly, at least for me. I'm more interested in the overall plan, his thinking, signings and seasonal progress. The long lines, so to speak. Don't know if that would work for FIFA as it's a different game, but it works very well for him in FM.

He has a thread here, but hasn't posted a new video for a few weeks.

I've watched some (not all) of his videos and it is an interesting way to do it.

But FIFA is different when doing the videos, people like to watch the gameplay, the goals. Basically the match of the day 'highlights', sometimes if it's like a cup final or a huge game then a full commentary wont go a miss but not for every single game, in my opinion, as you can very quickly run out of things to say apart from: player a passes to player b.

When I do do one, I wouldn't miss out a game because with FIFA it's the gameplay that people want FM is different and rightly so.