dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

7,941 posts in this topic

Just lost another continental semi-final - I make that 5 out of 6 on FM12. Utterly infuriating especially as I'd made a big effort to rotate domestically to ensure the players were fresh. Still ended up with all three of my best attackers injured so no surprise we went out cause we couldn't stick the ball in the net.

Havent been on here in ages, what are the best threads this year ?

Clearly mine ;) In all seriousness those with the most replies are generally the best :)

There are plenty of excellent ones, hopefully including mine. Deisler26's 'Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded' is definitely up there in the very top bracket IMO.

The latest chapter in Crazy Canuck's career is as good as all the other ones. :cool:

As Flamers said, generally speaking the ones with the most replies are the best.

Mainly because they are bulky and you can get into them.

Yeah rancer I remember your name from when I was a regular on this forum so I am reading yours :D

As already mentioned, the ones with most replies and views tend to be the best ones.

Mine from last year.

Anybody else struggling to get into FM12? I think I prefer FM11 so far :(

I'd be fine if it wasn't for technical issues, will be going back to FM11 soon, and probably prefer it anyway.

http://www.cnnsi.com/soccer/draft/ultimate/draft-results.html

Would love to do something like this between us lot in this forum, pick our dream team make a league and teams with the highest reputation possible to stop any players leaving and holiday through it. Is there a decent legends database out for FM12?

Looks brilliant, I'd be well up for it and willing to help out big time with database. Love doing things like this.

Not sure about a legends database for FM12 although I reckon we could create one amongst (spelling?) ourselves without a problem.

HC the problem will be agreeing on stats, possibly set the CA and PA of the player and 3-5 key stats (as an example Beckham crossing as 20) and let FM deal with the rest?

I can see where you are coming from but I can't see it being a problem. Personally I don't know many of the great players because I've not seen them play, Owen and Beckham in their prime would be as far back as I could go.

The CA PA to 3/5 isn't a bad idea.

It stops people bickering over how good Owens tackling was :p

So I'm guessing if you put in, using your example, David Beckham, you could have his crossing and long passing as 20 and the others as 0. Using the CA and PA you could then have them generated to be 'good' but the stats you have entered would stay?

I've had a new idea for a new logo for the Steam badge. Would just like to get a list of some nationalities of people we have here, I know we've got English and Canadian I think Norwegian and American but not sure on those. Just let us know :thup:

Exactly HC leave them blank and the game makes the stats fit the CA

Anybody else struggling to get into FM12? I think I prefer FM11 so far :(
I'd be fine if it wasn't for technical issues, will be going back to FM11 soon, and probably prefer it anyway.

I prefer FM10 :cool:

Not buying another FM unless the steam-only policy is dropped, which doesn't look very likely atm :(

I've had a new idea for a new logo for the Steam badge. Would just like to get a list of some nationalities of people we have here, I know we've got English and Canadian I think Norwegian and American but not sure on those. Just let us know :thup:

From the top of my head:

me, cerud, dkpark - canadian

jason, DSYoungEsq - american

a bunch of you - english

manutactician - turkish

raware - a bit hong kong-ish? :D

some of you - australian

I think there's a New Zealander around here as well. There's probably more but the majority from here are from the UK + Ireland.

I'm interested to hear peoples views on this:

FMCU-1.png

Positive or negative, fire away. It's the only way I'll learn :D

*obviously if I have missed your name I can only apologize, it was a squeeze getting those in. I just picked ones at random.

I love the badge, but I would drop the names. Maybe instead of names at the bottom, grey-screened flags of countries where our careers are set? USA, Haiti, Ethiopia, England for me ... something that contrasted the flags of the "IRL" with the flags of the FM ...

Wales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and keep the namess id say

Have fun fitting all the countries I will visit on :D and Iceland ;)

Looks great! The alternative you could do to tidy it up a bit is to just have the names of the FMCU Award winners from the current year and then update it yearly?

I think it looks pretty good, not too sure about having the names at the bottom, it looks a bit messy

Really like the FMCU logo! Again, not too sure about the names, mostly because I don't like the idea of it making FMCU seem like a closed shop, if you know what I mean. That said, it's kind of a nice idea so I'm not totally against it. Maybe there is something similar we could do without actually using names? I don't know.

In completely off topic news, I bought Skyrim yesterday. I found a deal on Green Man Gaming, purely by chance. I was lucky enough to get one of their 50% off deals on a Skyrim code before it ran out!

I've been keeping an eye on the prices for a while. Didn't get it in the Xmas sale on Steam because I decided to wait but at £20 yesterday it seemed like a great deal.

I've been watching a few YouTube Let's Play videos on Skyrim and it looks like my kind of game. Quite a few of my favourite Minecraft YouTubers are playing it (DocM77, Vintage Beef, Zisteau to mention a few). I love open world, sandbox type games where you have the freedom to create your own adventure (just like Minecraft), and that's what has attracted me to Skyrim.

I've never played an Elder Scrolls game though, so I'm not too familiar with everything. Should be interesting for me to try something different!

Messy? Nah. ;)

:D

Skyrim <3 <3

Glad you've joined the club Crouchy! What sort of character are you going to go for? My guy's a bit of an ambusher - sneak attack with the bow then hack them to bits!

I'm a Dark Elf assassin. I run like SnakeXe does.

I'm a Dark Elf assassin. I run like SnakeXe does.

Slightly effeminately? :confused:

:D

The flags in the logo aren't perfectly lined up. I'd imagine 'we' are from more than 9 countries too.

The flags in the logo aren't perfectly lined up. I'd imagine 'we' are from more than 9 countries too.

I'm sure too, I didn't even add my 2nd and 3rd nationalities... :p

characterz.jpg

character2a.jpg

That's my character off Skyrim, never really played any game as a female character until now. My perve mate wanted to see my character then asked to see her in the game version of underwear lol.

Glad you've joined the club Crouchy! What sort of character are you going to go for? My guy's a bit of an ambusher - sneak attack with the bow then hack them to bits!

No sure about my character yet. I played through the introduction screens last night and got to character development. I started to design my character but got side tracked into fiddling about with it so much that it got late and I decided to call it a night.

They should be, well almost at least. I used the guidelines you can have which locks onto the places to line things up.

I'll have a look at it next week and take in some of the ideas :):thup:

Doesn't look perfect to me, at least England. It's a little further up than Turkey and the bigger logo to the right, though it may be due the English flag being slightly bigger.

It looks good overall though, but thought it was worth mentioning since it stood out for me. Can probably do something different with the names though. Globe or world map mayhaps? Depends how that would look.

Or you can just take *something* from AcidBurn's picture :D

Doesn't look perfect to me, at least England. It's a little further up than Turkey and the bigger logo to the right, though it may be due the English flag being slightly bigger.

It looks good overall though, but thought it was worth mentioning since it stood out for me. Can probably do something different with the names though. Globe or world map mayhaps? Depends how that would look.

lol, great idea.

It shouldn't be because the gold line should be above the flags making all the flags the same height. Will double check though as I see what you are saying.

Funnily enough, I thought exactly the same about the world map and will have a crack at that, I could add a snippet of those pictures on, somewhere ;)

I am a ninja kajitt :D 92 archery :) but I am trying to get 100 in everything now

I just wish the DLC would hurry up and come out. Rumours that Morrowind and Cyrodil could be added to the game although people seem to think that will never happen. Got to wonder why those game areas are there when you go outside of the map.

From the top of my head:

me, cerudkpark - canadian

jason, DSYoungEsq - american

a bunch of you - english

manutactician - turkish

Raware - a bit hong kong-ish? :D

some of you - australian

I think there's a New Zealander around here as well. There's probably more but the majority from here are from the UK + Ireland.

Sorry rancer, I'm 100% English ...well, maybe 99% English because Hong Kong will always be a part of me since my time spent there :D

I'm interested to hear peoples views on this:

FMCU-1.png

Positive or negative, fire away. It's the only way I'll learn

*obviously if I have missed your name I can only apologize, it was a squeeze getting those in. I just picked ones at random.

Looks fantastic HC :thup: