dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

7,839 posts in this topic

I agree I dislike it as well it's too gamey like you said building things up and such.

I really didn't realise how hard it was to get players with a semi-pro rep instead of a pro or international rep.

Sounds like Sunday League should be a blast in FM12 at least, so that's one major thing the game got going for it :thup:

By god it's hard I can win vs 5th 5-0 then lose vs 13th 4-1! Even the best tactics come undone as its so hard to motivate your players! I would suggest it to anyone!

*Post mainly about hockey*

The sky is falling in Habsland. Now you can't even criticize your teammates in front of the press or else you get traded -- in the middle of a hockey game no less! :D

Do Habs management have absolutely no accountability (throwing your own coach under the bus, as if he didn't have enough pressure) and responsibility (trading a guy for being honest. Yeah your team really are losers if you look at recent results :rolleyes:)?

[quote name='rancer890']*Post mainly about hockey*

The sky is falling in Habsland. Now you can't even criticize your teammates in front of the press or else you get traded -- in the middle of a hockey game no less! :D

Do Habs management have absolutely no accountability (throwing your own coach under the bus, as if he didn't have enough pressure) and responsibility (trading a guy for being honest. Yeah your team really are losers if you look at recent results :rolleyes:)?[/QUOTE]

But did you see the return? Rene Bourque?? They must REALLY hate the Habs to make that trade. I think they want to 'Fail For Nail'

[quote name='Deisler26']But did you see the return? Rene Bourque?? They must REALLY hate the Habs to make that trade. I think they want to 'Fail For Nail'[/QUOTE]

Didn't see what they got when I posted. Not bad, trading a goalie who's probably not going to play in the NHL (Ramo), Cammi, 2012 5th rounder for Bourque, prospect, and 2013 2nd rounder. I still hate the Habs though. Habs don't need to fail for nail, Columbus are already doing that!

That all sounded like this to me:

[IMG]http://urbandesiradio.com/udr/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Picture-27.png[/IMG]

[quote name='Pangaea']Sounds like Sunday League should be a blast in FM12 at least, so that's one major thing the game got going for it :thup:[/QUOTE]

Strange I got a job with a team in EPL that had already been relegated with a regional reputation.

That sounds strange yes, wouldn't think that should be possible.

I think the theory is Sunday League can only get jobs of clubs of regional rep UNLESS that club is (or will be maybe?) in the lowest playable division of the country.

I got a National club in Russia because of this (they are still dreadful!)

I hope to start a brand new career soon as I have just bought a brand spanking s*** hot new PC today. i7 chip! :D

Now installing everything.

Heh, this FM group chat on Steam is addictive, in that I always check who's online

I'm in when online but I have been going back to uni for 2 days :P

[quote name='hursty2']Whenever I'm in chat, no-one else is. :D[/QUOTE]

I've been in chat for the past week or so and no one ever is! Flamers used to be, but has left me recently :D

Whenever I have checked no one is ever there. It was usually at midnight on a Friday and Saturday night though.

Often seen 1 is, I guess we're all waiting for others to get on, hence why we're not getting anywhere

I'm mostly playing Skyrim at the moment which isn't conducive to chatting :p

Just bought FM12.

Started a career with my beloved Everton.

Still not used to the layout though, first FM I've played since 09.

[quote name='Tricky-Jigsaw']Just bought FM12.

Started a career with my beloved Everton.

Still not used to the layout though, first FM I've played since 09.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't take long to get used to at all, once you've been to something once you'll always know where it is! It's a nice simple lay-out IMO. :)

Finally after a month i have the internet! lost of changes in the past month, new house, new internet and took me best part of 4 weeks to get everything set up, so what have i missed?

[quote name='malikoi']Doesn't take long to get used to at all, once you've been to something once you'll always know where it is! It's a nice simple lay-out IMO. :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, getting more and more used to it now.

[quote name='acidmonkey']Finally after a month i have the internet! lost of changes in the past month, new house, new internet and took me best part of 4 weeks to get everything set up, so what have i missed?[/QUOTE]

The Quiz :D:cool:

With the layout, every year I get the demo and say 'hate it' then buy the game and after what, a day? 'Love it' I never play the demo, I just can't get used to it and the fact you only get half a season doesn't interest me.

if i was to create a player in the editor how can i give him randon CA/Pa is it possible guys?

[quote name='jackripper']if i was to create a player in the editor how can i give him randon CA/Pa is it possible guys?[/QUOTE]
Just leave all the attributes blank.

I think 0 is completely random then you can use -1 to -10 to give them a random value within a specific range, -10 being the best. This may have changed, I haven't really looked under the hood since FM09 I think.

It is still the same, -1 is 0-50 I think and -10 is 190-200

-10 is 170-200. 0 is completely random all minus PA's overlap so.

-10 is 170-200
-9 is 150-180
-8 is 130-160

And so on.

Contemplating turning my game into a thread, anyone intrested in hearing how ive gone from Gateshead to Dortmund in 8 years? and how i aim to win something in Spain and France before heading back to England as Sunderland?

[quote name='acidmonkey']Contemplating turning my game into a thread, anyone intrested in hearing how ive gone from Gateshead to Dortmund in 8 years? and how i aim to win something in Spain and France before heading back to England as Sunderland?[/QUOTE]

Would love to read a new acidmonkey thread especially if you end up at Sunderland.

[quote name='acidmonkey']Contemplating turning my game into a thread, anyone intrested in hearing how ive gone from Gateshead to Dortmund in 8 years? and how i aim to win something in Spain and France before heading back to England as Sunderland?[/QUOTE]

Ah, g'wan.

I was intrigued, but then you took over at the Sty aka Hillsborough :D:cool:

Alright lads. Just want to mention something to you all. With the current financial state of Darlington FC and the possibility of liquidation I offer you all the opportunity to help save this club [URL="http://www.darlotrust.co.uk/"]here[/URL]. The Darlington FC Trust has been seen on Sky Sports News!!!!

As a local side to myself, It would be horrible to see them go out of business, so if any of you are willing to help then please do. You dont need to look at this....but for those of you who do, thanks :thup:.

[quote name='SRL88']Alright lads. Just want to mention something to you all. With the current financial state of Darlington FC and the possibility of liquidation I offer you all the opportunity to help save this club [URL="http://www.darlotrust.co.uk/"]here[/URL]. The Darlington FC Trust has been seen on Sky Sports News!!!!

As a local side to myself, It would be horrible to see them go out of business, so if any of you are willing to help then please do. You dont need to look at this....but for those of you who do, thanks :thup:.[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest and okay, I can't imagine what it would be like for my team about to go out of business but surely the money would be better used to start a new 'Darlington FC'? I know they want to keep the original going, but surely there becomes a time when you've got to accept it wont happen. £50k for 2 weeks, there is still half a season left, it will cost them so much to get to the summer, stay up and find a buyer.

Is it really worth it when they can use the raised money to start a new club?

Just a quick question, did any of you watch Sky's [B]Dream Team[/B]? The drama/soap about a football club called [B]Harchester United[/B]?

It ran from 1997 to 2006.

[quote name='HotChocolate']Just a quick question, did any of you watch Sky's [B]Dream Team[/B]? The drama/soap about a football club called [B]Harchester United[/B]?

It ran from 1997 to 2006.[/QUOTE]

i watched some of it

Watched some episodes, probably from the first few seasons, but overall thought it was rather crap.

Didn't know it ran that long.

[quote name='Pangaea']Watched some episodes, probably from the first few seasons, but overall thought it was rather crap.

Didn't know it ran that long.[/QUOTE]

yeah was the same for me, i can remember some french player they signed who was sleeping with that fit woman.

I watched season 9 and 10, managed to bag season 6-10 on DVD though, watch an episode every dinner time I'm off college.

Love the show!

Anyone in the UK using Netflix, if s what's it like, sounds like something I would be interested in but I'm not sure if it's worth the cash.

I have a question about scout ratings in FM12. One of the annoyances in FM10 is that when the reputation of your club goes up and you start challenging for titles, even players with "leading" potential get 3 stars, or even 2.5. That makes it hard to pick them out among the rest unless I go and read every single report card.

Has this changed in FM12? Will talented kids have 3.5 to 4 stars potential even if your club is qualifying for Europe every season?

You get some at 3* who have "leading" potential if you inspect the scout report, but most will have 3.5* at least, in my experience.

Maybe that's an improvement then. There are some at 3.5* in FM10 too, but very, very few, and my club doesn't have great reputation yet either. It's always been one of those small things that get on my tits over time.

Screenshots are really annoying on these forums, it used to be a case of making them 800x600 on imageshack and they would be easily viewable. Then again maybe my eyes got worse when I turned 30.

Did someone mention there was a steam discussion group or am i making that up?

[quote name='acidmonkey']Did someone mention there was a steam discussion group or am i making that up?[/QUOTE]

You're not making it up.

[URL]http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FMCU[/URL]