dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

8,019 posts in this topic

I'd personally prefer just football, for the selfish reason that I don't give much of a toss about other sports really!

It's up for a vote, my vote is for General Sport so it's tied 1-1 at the moment! :D

5 football questions or 5 general sport questions?

With 5 general knowledge questions of course.

General Sport, I know (slightly) more about it and more question can be found

Great idea :thup: I'd say five football questions, simply as this is a football forum :)

Football, as F1's the only other thing I'll ever know anything about (and even then only to a point) so I'd struggle with general.

4-2 to the football questions at the moment, I should start writing the thread around 9pm, just having a little game on Fifa! :D

I want 5 questions on ice-hockey!

Boooooo!

Ice-Hockey is boring in my opinion. I watched the Steelers when they won the league (well the season after, lost all 3 games I went to and my cousins banned me :D) I've tried watching it on Sky since, I just don't enjoy it. Give me Darts, Boxing, Snooker, Tennis, Football any day!

Boooooo!

Ice-Hockey is boring in my opinion. I watched the Steelers when they won the league (well the season after, lost all 3 games I went to and my cousins banned me :D) I've tried watching it on Sky since, I just don't enjoy it. Give me Darts, Boxing, Snooker, Tennis, Football any day!

British ice-hockey is a lot slower than the NHL. Try some NHL, it's the pinnacle. If you have ESPN America, they're showing the AHL now

British ice-hockey is a lot slower than the NHL. Try some NHL, it's the pinnacle. If you have ESPN America, they're showing the AHL now

I'd love to have ESPN, they show so much sport in comparison to Sky (by the sounds of it).

But I don't, I used to own NHL 10 for the 360 but I couldn't even get into that! :p

I'd love to have ESPN, they show so much sport in comparison to Sky (by the sounds of it).

But I don't, I used to own NHL 10 for the 360 but I couldn't even get into that

[video=youtube;DQln4a_7pmQ]

[video=youtube;nSZlxAl8yqE]

[video=youtube;qq7nkbvn1Ic]

[video=youtube;rAzaTN1DBm8]

These are why I love hockey...

Just football gets my vote too. I don't follow any other sports that closely apart from aussie rules and don't imagine many questions coming up on that.

Is anyone else on tenderhooks for a new Crouchy thread?

It's like being a kid at Christmas all over again!

I read his FM10 one and I loved it, so yes I am definitely looking forward to his next one! (this one)

Age of Empires 3 complete for £14.99 on steam is that worth it? The other game I like the look of is the X games but I don't know which one is the best to buy. One last question, how can steam have games on there that are unavailable surely if they are unavailable what is the point in having them on there?

Actually that's not he last question what are Garry's mod and Demigod games like any idea?

Check Amazon, AoE3 and AoE3:WC are the best 2 (IMHO)

Garry Mod is ok for mindless violence, nothing else.

Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread after just recently getting FM12. Hopefully this is the right place to post this.

I am interested in setting up a journeyman save as well as posting about it in here. My plan is to start in either England, Italy or Spain where I will hopefully rise up the leagues making a reputation for myself and then moving abroad to other continents before returning to the 'elite' European leagues after experiencing the different footballing cultures around the world. So, I would like some advice on the potential setup of the game, I know the new 'Add/Remove leagues' feature makes this easier but I would like some opinions on how well that works. I think I will have the 'elite' European always playable as well as maybe Brazil and Argentina, even if its just for regens alone. After that, I'm open to suggestions.

I have took a look at a few Careers on here, namely SnakeXe and Crouchaldinho but if anyone has any advice on update styles, etc it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

First off, good luck! Secondly, go with your idea, just don't make it so you get bored early on! There's a lot of good threads to look at for ideas, you can always ask in their threads for their ways and methods. For example, I started at the bottom of the Italian league and worked my way up.

As Deisler said, good luck! On the layout etc just find something that interests you and that keeps you into the game. For example one or two of us have set ourselves goals to achieve in the save to keep us going, gives us something to work on rather than mindless playing. But the most important thing is to just enjoy the save and keep updating!

I think it's good to keep a "core" set of leagues always loaded, then add/remove others around them depending on what sort of level and location you're at. For example, you might have a core of Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, USA. Whilst you're building yourself up in Europe you could include the Scandinavian countries and maybe a couple in Eastern Europe, then as your rep rises swap those out for Portugal, Turkey and Holland. Then if you moved to South America, take out the extra European ones and add Chile, Uruguay and Peru.

As for layouts, you're welcome to copy mine if you want to. I think SRL88 took mine as a base and then changed it where he wanted to do something different. I myself started by aping dafuge's layout!

Check Amazon, AoE3 and AoE3:WC are the best 2 (IMHO)

Garry Mod is ok for mindless violence, nothing else.

I thought Age of Empires 3 complete would be the original game with the add on packs, is that not the case?

Has the newest Anno game ever been on sale? looks like my sort of game.

I have loads of extra league for my FM game thanks to Unknown Hacker creating loads but does anyone know a decent one that adds the lower Brazilian leagues on?

On the subject of layouts it's a personal choice, but in my opinion I find it hard to read text that is entirely centrally aligned (ie like this post is!). That, and poor grammar and spelling are my pet hates and can put me off threads completely!

First off, good luck! Secondly, go with your idea, just don't make it so you get bored early on! There's a lot of good threads to look at for ideas, you can always ask in their threads for their ways and methods. For example, I started at the bottom of the Italian league and worked my way up.
As Deisler said, good luck! On the layout etc just find something that interests you and that keeps you into the game. For example one or two of us have set ourselves goals to achieve in the save to keep us going, gives us something to work on rather than mindless playing. But the most important thing is to just enjoy the save and keep updating!
I think it's good to keep a "core" set of leagues always loaded, then add/remove others around them depending on what sort of level and location you're at. For example, you might have a core of Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, USA. Whilst you're building yourself up in Europe you could include the Scandinavian countries and maybe a couple in Eastern Europe, then as your rep rises swap those out for Portugal, Turkey and Holland. Then if you moved to South America, take out the extra European ones and add Chile, Uruguay and Peru.

As for layouts, you're welcome to copy mine if you want to. I think SRL88 took mine as a base and then changed it where he wanted to do something different. I myself started by aping dafuge's layout!

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it! I have sorted out my initial setup and it is loading up as we speak. I haven't quite decided whether I'll look for an immediate job or holiday a season first.

When I've made a decision about that as well as thought of a thread title, I'll have it up and running. Thanks again :)

Isn't it tenterhooks? I think so. Will have to Google it to check!

And I have a new thread up Deisler26! :)

I thought Age of Empires 3 complete would be the original game with the add on packs, is that not the case?

Has the newest Anno game ever been on sale? looks like my sort of game.

It will be, I'm just thinking those first 2 are probably cheaper :)

And yes, Steam Sale (23rd I think?)

I really want it but it's too expensive. The other Anno games are listed as not available, pretty pointless having them on there if you cannot download them.

Coruchy it was and TB (TotalBuscuit) mentioned it in a Salebox.

AB it means the Steam API are in it but they might not be able to sell it here because of licensing.

Seems to be a few older games I want that are unavailable, typical lol.

Great news, I have to play video games for my college course :D

Well, that's only because I don't own a game that actually has a 'story line' to it and I have to learn one, so I was looking on amazon at cheap games that I've heard of and that supposedly have a good story line but was wondering if any of you lot know a game that has a good story line and is well known? For the Xbox 360.

Well, that's only because I don't own a game that actually has a 'story line' to it and I have to learn one, so I was looking on amazon at cheap games that I've heard of and that supposedly have a good story line but was wondering if any of you lot know a game that has a good story line and is well known? For the Xbox 360.

Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion.

It's all you need.

Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion.

It's all you need.

I had a look at that but Halo: Reach, Assassins Creed: Brotherhood and Left 4 Dead 2 beat it!

Mainly judged in price.

Poor you. How will you survive? :lol:

I'd like to say Baldur's Gate again because the storyline is unique and very different from any other such games. But that's hardly available for Xbox :D

Not sure if Mafia is either or if it was PC only, but it has a great story so look up that one.

Bioshock should certainly be available on Xbox. It has a great story with plenty of candy on the side too. Great game really.

Poor you. How will you survive? :lol:

I'd like to say Baldur's Gate again because the storyline is unique and very different from any other such games. But that's hardly available for Xbox :D

Not sure if Mafia is either or if it was PC only, but it has a great story so look up that one.

Bioshock should certainly be available on Xbox. It has a great story with plenty of candy on the side too. Great game really.

Bioshock is available and I did consider it but as the same as Deislers, it was outdone! :D

These 3 games should last me, for my life? I've never been a gamer apart from FM and Fifa!

I have players World of Warcraft for five years and Football Manager (and its alter ego's) for eighteen years. Hardly played anything else for long. :D

Edit - Apart from the Civilization series. Played II and V to death!

You played V? Without wanting to put a bullet through your ears? Well done, son! :D

I'm not much of a gamer outside of FM either, but have gone through a fair few games up through the years. Nothing comes close to the time I've put into CM and FM though.

You played V? Without wanting to put a bullet through your ears? Well done, son! :D

I have it as well, only my second steam game after FM 09 and the only non FM one.

I'm a semi-gamer. The Arkham Series, Fable, Assassins Creed, Left 4 Dead, NHL, Elder Scrolls. I religiously buy these series and FM

I am a proper gamer, 107 games on Steam and over 3000 hours in total :D

Just played Arkham City for the first time earlier today not played Asylum. What a beautiful looking game captures the atmosphere of Batman perfectly.

I'm almost an ex gamer. I used to be well into console gaming as a kid (Sega MS, MD, PS1&2) but recently I've pretty much only played FM.

In terms of PC gaming, FM is the only game I would consider playing on my laptop. I'd prefer console gaming (I have a PS3) but I prefer to spend the limited time I have playing FM so I rarely buy any PS3 games. If someone gave me something like Skyrim now it would probably sit on a shelf without ever getting played.

Then that someone might give Skyrim to me.

And a PC to play it on :D

I was hooked on games the first time I saw my cousin's SNES with Super Mario World when I was maybe 6 years old. I didn't get my own platform for games until my Dad brought home an Apple Mac Performa when I was about 10. Basically it had a PC 486 motherboard as well as the Apple architecture. I remember spending hours trying to get Worms 2 to work on it.

I got my first console for my 12th birthday, a PS1, been playing ever since really. Only just getting back into PC gaming other than FM, as I finally have a computer capable of playing modern titles. My problem is buying games that I want when I see them for a good deal, then never getting round to playing them. I have about 6 Xbox 360 games I've never even taken out of the case, plus a couple of PS3 games, not to mention the absolute ton of Steam games I bought over Xmas.