dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

7,954 posts in this topic

Can anyone advise me how to train PPM's? Used to be in the private chat feature but I can't see it now. Only time I have been able to train them on FM12 is when a coach has advised it, is it limited to backroom advice now?

Follow the steps you would to get a player to tutor, then there should be an option below that!

I'm probably being really dim but I still can't find it. When I go to private chat as I would to tutor a player I just get these options:

ppm.png

Tried all the options displayed but none of them are about PPM's. Is it one of the greyed options I need or am I missing something?

It isn't in the private chat any more, you do it through a coach rather than the player.

From memory, you just right click on a player and the option should be there.

As the saying goes, there should be more than one road to Rome.

When do people usually do a mid-season update? After the January window or half way through the league games?

When do people usually do a mid-season update? After the January window or half way through the league games?

After the Jan transfer window for me. Means you can get all the transfers too, so when one pops up and scores later on in the season, the reader doesn't go "Who the hell?"

I do it either midway through the league, or at the start of the winter break. I can see the benefits of waiting until after the transfer window, but I don't tend to do much in that anyway so it rarely matters.

Half way through the league games for me. I rarely make transfers in January, but if I do I mention it in the season review.

I always do it halfway through the league games. If I bought players (or even had a transfer window!), I might do it differently.

After half of the league games like everyone else.

On a side note, just come back from skiing in Scootland! (yes I meant to put two oo's :D) and found that everyone had made seasons of progress on their games! After finally reading them all I need a lye down!

After half of the league games like everyone else.

On a side note, just come back from skiing in Scootland! (yes I meant to put two oo's :D) and found that everyone had made seasons of progress on their games! After finally reading them all I need a lye down!

My progress will probably grind to a halt over the festive season, so I've been keen to get in as much gametime as I could. What's everyone's plans for FM over Christmas? Lots of family time and minimal FM, or the other way around?? :D

Me and the wife are having our first Xmas so there will be little FM (if it's up to her! ;) )

Me and the wife are having our first Xmas so there will be little FM (if it's up to her! ;) )

Otherwise there could be a laptop/wine incident...? ;)

I always do mine on January 1st (or halfway through the league games if I'm playing in a country that plays from different months i.e. Jan-Nov). Like SnakeXe and roganp, I rarely make that many transfers in January to write up about. But it's completely up to you hursty when and how often you update :D.

Winter break or 1st Jan for me, which usually is around the halfway point.

Otherwise there could be a laptop/wine incident...? ;)

There will be a foot/ass incident then. Possibly. Maybe. If I thought I could get away with it.

We usually spend Christmas day watching darts, which I've hated in the past, resulting in me going on FM but this past year I've fallen in love with the sport so a few beers and darts seems to be the plan. Although FM will not take a back seat at all! :D

Half way at the league stage for me too. Not often I make a signing worth mentioning. If someone has made an impact it can wait for end of season review anyway.

No family or FM time for me over Christmas period. I will be working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day :mad:

Half way at the league stage for me too. Not often I make a signing worth mentioning. If someone has made an impact it can wait for end of season review anyway.

No family or FM time for me over Christmas period. I will be working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day :mad:

First time in 12 years, I'm not.

I very rarely have time to play FM on Christmas/Boxing day.

I usually spend the week before that playing non stop though :mad:

Tomorrow will be ok, but the following 2 days will be rather busier, one of the 'real life' things that it's hardest to avoid getting in the way. Won the Romanian League last Christmas, though was simply finishing off a season while I could in the morning. I would like to associate myself with the above message as well.

I will be playing a little on Christmas Day as our Christmas is on Boxing Day as this is when the family join us.

Definitely no FM on Xmas Day for me, will be too busy consuming my body weight in food. May get in a couple of hours tomorrow, but probably that'll be it until the 27th. Then I should get three full days of uninterrupted FM game time (that's unless I get begrudgingly dragged to the sales) :D

There will be a foot/ass incident then. Possibly. Maybe. If I thought I could get away with it.

There's the option of dick/ass too. But that depends on a lot of things.. :D

Also, we celebrate Jul/Xmas tomorrow so will be very little time for gaming then, and probably not much on what you call Xmas Day either. Maybe a little bit in the morning/evening.

There's the option of dick/ass too. But that depends on a lot of things.. :D

Easier to get forgiveness than permission...

Seven minutes early but bugger it... Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas all!
Merry Christmas guys!

Have a good one! :)

Merry Xmas guys. Hope you've all had a good one.

:cheers:

What these guys say! :D

Merry xmas guys, My 4 year old daughter went to bed at half 6 and has only just woken up so not to bad.

Just one match played today, but it was a good one. Hope everyone enjoys today despite a lack of FM time.

No matches for me today...

after all, it is pre-season and we are £60k over our wage budget!

Merry Christmas FMCU!

Merry Christmas to all FMCU frequenters. Have you got your special Xmas Steam acheivement yet? ;)

I have a busy month ahead with MA assignments but I'll be back among you in about 4 weeks or so for another tale of globe-trotting adventure :)

Current game status: 12 days 0 hours 20 minutes.

Merry Xmas, I am now a Football Manager expert. :D

Can't get the Steam Acheivement, they don't want to play me.

I keep getting this bluescreen error every so often, I have no idea why though;

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 101

BCP1: 0000000000000031

BCP2: 0000000000000000

BCP3: FFFFF880009E9180

BCP4: 0000000000000001

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\122611-19500-01.dmp

C:\Users\Liam\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-47424-0.sysdata.xml

How was everyone's Xmas then?

I ended up cooking the dinner in its entirety for me, the missus, and her dad and brother - which I actually didn't mind in the end because it gives me a massive stick with which to win any arguments until at least March! :D

Got some fantastic gifts as well - the Steve Jobs biography, a teapot, a waffle iron, two bottles of single malt Scotch - and the brother in law got me a sort of nerf-style compound bow thing which fires these foam arrows at a hell of a rate! Those kittens had better stay in line...

Get us some screenshots of that bad boy! (If you can make it run...)