dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

7,949 posts in this topic

I've posted a possible solution Deisler, a long shot shot but it worked for me.

I've got a problem of my own at the minute and was wondering if you guys have any ideas...I've currently got a save going in which I'm using uncle rons database. I've managed to take my team from the Evo-Stik League First Division South (Level 8) to the Blue Square North (Level 6). I couldn't offer any contracts in the Evo-Stik League First Division South, only non-contracts e.g. pay as you play, which I know you can't, but I could offer part-time contracts once I reached Level 7 which obviously helped me as I could tie the players down, preventing other teams from signing my players on frees.

However, now I've reached the Blue Square North I can't offer fixed part-time contracts again. I can only offer non-contracts again, on a pay as you play basis as I did at Level 8. Surely playing in the Blue Square North (Level 6) now, and having been able to offer contracts in the league below the BSN, I should be able to offer contracts now? I'm 300 quid under my wage budget...the only issue which I can think might be affecting my ability to offer contracts is the fact that we're 200k in the red, but that shouldn't affect my ability to offer contracts should it?

Any help would be appreciated :).

I've got a problem of my own at the minute and was wondering if you guys have any ideas...I've currently got a save going in which I'm using uncle rons database. I've managed to take my team from the Evo-Stik League First Division South (Level 8) to the Blue Square North (Level 6). I couldn't offer any contracts in the Evo-Stik League First Division South, only non-contracts e.g. pay as you play, which I know you can't, but I could offer part-time contracts once I reached Level 7 which obviously helped me as I could tie the players down, preventing other teams from signing my players on frees.

However, now I've reached the Blue Square North I can't offer fixed part-time contracts again. I can only offer non-contracts again, on a pay as you play basis as I did at Level 8. Surely playing in the Blue Square North (Level 6) now, and having been able to offer contracts in the league below the BSN, I should be able to offer contracts now? I'm 300 quid under my wage budget...the only issue which I can think might be affecting my ability to offer contracts is the fact that we're 200k in the red, but that shouldn't affect my ability to offer contracts should it?

Might be worth posting in uncle ron's download thread, sounds like a bug to me. Thinking about it, when I was in the BSS with Kingstonian, all I could offer was part-time contracts, so it's really odd that it's not even an option for you??

Unless you offer Key Player status, or First Team at a push, Non Contract is all that is available to you. This is working as intended.

Unless you offer Key Player status, or First Team at a push, Non Contract is all that is available to you. This is working as intended.

Thanks DazRTaylor :thup:. This was the problem. Doh. It was as plain to see but I couldn't see it! Thanks again :thup:

If you choose part time, then choose first team or key player does it allow you to offer the contract?

Dafuge - you have to choose role first. If you dont, non contract is all that is available.

Dafuge - you have to choose role first. If you dont, non contract is all that is available.

That's what I meant. I spotted the problem when offering contracts to players already on part time contracts who had become backup players, so it appeared as part time was selected but I could select a contract length.

Proves how much I know then! :DWish I had realised this earlier too, could have saved quite a considerable amount in wages.

Proves how much I know then! :DWish I had realised this earlier too, could have saved quite a considerable amount in wages.

Me too! I didn't even realise! Thanks DazRTaylor and daf.

SOLVED! Oh yeah!

Good news! :thup: What was the solution?

How do you do the code table thing. I know you put code in brackets but how do you get it all to line up?

I could use the mod powers and steal it from someone's thread but that would feel wrong lol.

If you're on Windows, use Notepad, if you're on Mac OS use TextEdit and press CMD+SHIFT+T to change to plain text.

And it's not wrong to steal it from someone's thread. :)

Don't need mod powers for it. You can do it simply by quoting a post.

And it's not wrong to steal it from someone's thread. :)

Don't need mod powers for it. You can do it simply by quoting a post.

Good to know I wasn't sure if that would work and couldn't check because I am on my phone.

If you're on Windows, use Notepad, if you're on Mac OS use TextEdit and press CMD+SHIFT+T to change to plain text.

This.......

4-4-F***ing-2

Yes, with a flat pack four. :)

Anybody watch the series spin off?

Yes, with a flat pack four. :)

Anybody watch the series spin off?

aye got it on dvd :D

Thinking of starting a career thread but do not want people to be put off at how easy the first season was.

Thinking of starting a career thread but do not want people to be put off at how easy the first season was.

Who do you think you are? Raware? :p

Who do you think you are? Raware? :p

:p

What are you trying to say?! I'll have you know, in my first two seasons on FM11 I finished 7th...then I won the league in the third! ;)

Really though, I too have been surprised at how easy FM12 is which has stopped me from posting a thread...well, easy in England. I'd of liked to have had a thread and save in England this year but the ease of it is putting me off. So I may have to start in a different country and hope it's more difficult if I want to post a thread.

aye got it on dvd :D

I thought the shirt sponsorship was a stroke of comic genius. :D

New Minecraft server for those who want to know, if you don't please disregard this message.

1169.png

Having only recently discovered 'FM Career', I'm amazed how good and interesting it is. Just a quick question though, when someone starts a new career do they get job offers, or do they have to apply for the posts? Sorry if this is sounding a bit thick, but I'm trying to start a journeyman career loading Holland, Belgium, France and Spain and have had no job offers unless I apply.

Dafuge, bit cheeky but would you mind explaing your wide diamond? I've NEVER been able to get one to work :/

Dafuge, bit cheeky but would you mind explaing your wide diamond? I've NEVER been able to get one to work :/

Here's what it looks like. It's nothing special, just a simple setup that tries to create chances from the wings and from the centre of the pitch. The vast majority of it was done using the tactic creator and uses the preset player roles.

Having only recently discovered 'FM Career', I'm amazed how good and interesting it is. Just a quick question though, when someone starts a new career do they get job offers, or do they have to apply for the posts? Sorry if this is sounding a bit thick, but I'm trying to start a journeyman career loading Holland, Belgium, France and Spain and have had no job offers unless I apply.

Yeah, I think it's best to apply to jobs when unemployed. It's quite possible that you'll eventually get offered a job even without applying, but that might take a while.

Since we're talking tactics ... one of the things that has really enhanced my enjoyment of 5m1w is that each manager has a unique tactical approach. It ends up being a decent hook for imagining their personalities, and it lets the squad construction for each one to be a more unique experience.

I highly recommend thinking about it for your saves--even if it is only one manager, when you get hired into a new league, come up with an approach that you'll commit to winning with and see if you can build a squad around _that_. It may get you fired (one of my manager's first forays into a sweeper/three CB/wingback system at Ajax Cape Town did just that), but I think it adds quite a bit.

Of course, YMMV.

Since we're talking tactics ... one of the things that has really enhanced my enjoyment of 5m1w is that each manager has a unique tactical approach. It ends up being a decent hook for imagining their personalities, and it lets the squad construction for each one to be a more unique experience.

I highly recommend thinking about it for your saves--even if it is only one manager, when you get hired into a new league, come up with an approach that you'll commit to winning with and see if you can build a squad around _that_. It may get you fired (one of my manager's first forays into a sweeper/three CB/wingback system at Ajax Cape Town did just that), but I think it adds quite a bit.

Of course, YMMV.

See my thread ;)

I've posted this in GD, but it is more likely that someone in here will know the answer.

I'm managing in Northern Ireland, and I've taken a small club from nowhere to the group stages of the Champions League. My problem is that while I've been able to expand the stadium and improve the training facilities, the youth facilities are stuck.

Facilities - 'no youth facilities'

Board interaction - 'youth facilities are rented'

I'm sure I saw a message once about the youth facilities 'needing long term investment', so does anyone have any experience of the club building your own youth facilities when the current ones are rented?

I'm hoping it is otherwise my youth players will continue to be utterly useless every year (the entire intake is always half a star rated).

Dafuge It might be that you can't build them on the current ground and maybe a new stadium would fix it?

I was wondering that, could youth facilities and stadia be linked?

I hope so, as I can't the see ther current ground lasting that long.

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows the exact affect selecting leagues as 'view only' has on your game. I was just setting up a game with a lot of leagues running and it seemd choosing 'view only' reduces the number of players in the game by quite a lot. Is it possible to switch a view only league to fully active once the game has started?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows the exact affect selecting leagues as 'view only' has on your game. I was just setting up a game with a lot of leagues running and it seemd choosing 'view only' reduces the number of players in the game by quite a lot. Is it possible to switch a view only league to fully active once the game has started?

#

Yes. Definitely.

I don't know if this has already been said or not but it seems to me that this board has become much more popular than last year with a lot more active threads about. I only really remember a select few being active last year.

Does anyone else agree or am I going a bit crazy?

I don't know if this has already been said or not but it seems to me that this board has become much more popular than last year with a lot more active threads about. I only really remember a select few being active last year.

I agree. It's great that so many new members are finding FMCU now and the rise in users and active threads is something I had hoped for when FMCU first started 2 years ago :D:thup:.

There's a lot more threads! So much that I can't keep up. :D

Surprisingly as I've been pretty busy all week and haven't had a chance to really look through all the threads...lots of catching up to do...

I agree. It's great that so many new members are finding FMCU now and the rise in users and active threads is something I had hoped for when FMCU first started 2 years ago .

I didn't have an account last year but I did constantly read the threads which gave me inspiration for this year! :D

There's a lot more threads! So much that I can't keep up.

Surprisingly as I've been pretty busy all week and haven't had a chance to really look through all the threads...lots of catching up to do...

Not only are there so many threads, there are so many good threads as well! I am subscribed to so many and although I don't comment in a few, there are a lot I still read! :thup:

I've just been in GD. NEVER let me go in there again...

Ever had the thought that you've lost a game after only 3 mins, even though it's a league match, 11 v 11, 0-0?

I've just been in GD. NEVER let me go in there again...

What the hell did you do that for?! It's like the bad bits of Sunderland in there...

Ever had the thought that you've lost a game after only 3 mins, even though it's a league match, 11 v 11, 0-0?

Never given up that early :p

Sometimes I do get the feeling a result is on the cards quite early in a match though. Although I've been proven wrong on that - for example hitting the woodwork 3 times only to go 1-0 down from their first attack, it always feels to me like we'll batter them all game and never quite manage to score, but a couple of times in my last season we've come back to win comfortably.

quick Question, did the threads of old get purged?

No, you just have to make the forum show them for you at the bottom of the page.

I wasn't a regular last year so may have been part of the new influx, but there was a huge boom of threads in the week FM12 came out. I think that's why it's so active right now, people have gotten the new game and are very much into it. During the next few months the interest may wane.

I wasn't a regular last year so may have been part of the new influx, but there was a huge boom of threads in the week FM12 came out. I think that's why it's so active right now, people have gotten the new game and are very much into it. During the next few months the interest may wane.

That always happens to me, but with FIFA. Football Manager coming out doesn't help but when FIFA 12 first came out I played it a lot, I've never been so much into a FIFA game before but then FM came out and slowly the time spent on it went down and these past few weeks I've not been on it. FM is just so much more addictive.