dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

7,839 posts in this topic

[quote name='Jason the Yank']Woo!

Pretty sure I'm the first FMCU manager to get sacked in FM '12. :D[/QUOTE]
Cracking effort!

Although I've not yet played a competitive match on FM12 so I may yet be rapidly following...

So how does the Twitter thing work with FM?

I take it that it'll automatically send updates to Twitter? What sort of updates? Every match or just occasionally?

And will it let me know when it is sending out a Tweet?

I don't know if it's different to FM11, but if you want to see the sort of thing it sends out then my Twitter feed was connected to my Messina save from the start (@SnakeXe).

I've added you SnakeXe.

Yeah, I've added my Twitter to my manager profile. So I figure it will start sending updates.

Does it tell you when it's sending to Twitter then or does it just appear there without your knowledge?

What sort of thing does it send? The occasional result or signing, or what?

Its records and cup performance really (well it was in FM11) I don't think it tells you in game

It doesn't tell you in game, no. I think it puts stuff like record wins, league finishes, record attendances, cup wins.

FM11 just sent record wins, where you finished in the league, when you won or got knocked out of a cup, player sales and buys if they were records. Strange that it does not tell you because with facebook linked you can post about every match if you want to.

Where is the 'compile loan players available report' option guys? I can't find it! :o

Don't tell me they've removed it?

On the player search under assistant advice.

It's moved AB! :mad:

I found it just before you posted your response. It was on the news screen, for goodness sake. What's it doing there? :confused:

Strange, on mine it is on the player search screen.

Found my first bug!!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/delenfent/Leiria%20FM12/Bug1.jpg[/IMG]

I actually won 4-1

i dont have as much time so doubt ill be able to get a career thread up and running this year

[quote name='crouchaldinho']It's moved AB! :mad:

I found it just before you posted your response. It was on the news screen, for goodness sake. What's it doing there? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Ugh it's what I've been wondering about since I played with the demo.

BTW does anyone know where I can download competition logos without registering? Because I think sortitoutsi needs you to register now....

Finally got New Zealand working for now loaded all Brazilian and Argentinian players and none of the unemployed ones will join my Auckland City side. Looks like I might have to actually use some management skills instead now, could be hard.

[quote name='crouchaldinho']It's moved AB! :mad:

I found it just before you posted your response. It was on the news screen, for goodness sake. What's it doing there? :confused:[/QUOTE]
I couldn't find it either earlier!

So is it on the news screen for everyone? How come I have it on the player search?

its on all the pages in that section:

Overview, News, Search, Jobs, Transfer & Contracts, Options and History

Edit - Ignore my previous question. I worked it out! Duh!

I'm still missing the FM10 tactics screen though. :(

I don't like the way to add the back up tactics, it's annoying.

So has anyone found where you can see how many coaches/scouts/physios you're allowed to have?

In FM '11 there was a listing on the boardroom page, but I don't see one there in FM '12. I know it'll tell you when you go to offer a staff contract, but I'd rather not waste my time placing the job advert if it turns out I'm already full up for that role.

Also, if anyone is interested in using the add/remove leagues function as part of a journeyman career, I've compiled the star ratings of each country's top flight (a couple months into the game, but I don't think it'll be much different that what they are at the very start):

[B]4-1/2 stars
[/B]England
Spain

[B]4 stars
[/B]Germany
Italy

[B]3-1/2 stars[/B]
France
Portugal
Brazil
Russia

[B]3 stars
[/B]Turkey
Holland
Mexico
Ukraine
Greece
Belgium
Argentina

[B]2-1/2 stars
[/B]Romania
Scotland
Denmark
United States
South Korea
Switzerland
Uruguay
Czech Republic
Austria
Israel
Poland
Croatia
Serbia
Bulgaria
Slovakia
Norway
Belarus
Sweden
Chile
South Africa

[B]2 stars
[/B]Slovenia
Colombia
Hungary
Peru
Australia
China
Finland
Ireland

[B]1-1/2 stars
[/B]Iceland
Northern Ireland
Indonesia

[B]1 star
[/B]Wales
Singapore
Malaysia
Hong Kong

[B]1/2 star
[/B]India

[quote name='crouchaldinho']How do you mean AB?[/QUOTE]

I just think it is too many clicks.

[quote name='Jason the Yank']So has anyone found where you can see how many coaches/scouts/physios you're allowed to have?

In FM '11 there was a listing on the boardroom page, but I don't see one there in FM '12. I know it'll tell you when you go to offer a staff contract, but I'd rather not waste my time placing the job advert if it turns out I'm already full up for that role.[/QUOTE]

On board room screen there is what you have and advised, not a definitive total but I think it's pretty close to the total.

[quote name='AcidBurn']On board room screen there is what you have and advised, not a definitive total but I think it's pretty close to the total.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen it.

I wonder if it's related to the screen settings.

[url=http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7645/staffrl.jpg]Staff[/url] That doesn't show up on your game?

If I don't have enough budget to sign a particular staff member is there anyway to increase budget to sign that staff member?

[quote name='AcidBurn'][URL="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7645/staffrl.jpg"]Staff[/URL] That doesn't show up on your game?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

Will probably have to play with the screen settings to see if it brings it up.

I've also been playing in windowed mode, and from your screen shot it looks like you have it at the max size.

I think playing on a small resolution causes that screen to be cut, does it show on full screen?

Not ideal I know, but you could find out the limits by approaching to sign a new member of staff.

[quote name='dafuge']I think playing on a small resolution causes that screen to be cut, [b]does it show on full screen?[/b]
[/QUOTE]

Yep, that did it.

something that annoys me is if i have FM on my second monitor i cant use the maximize button

W.T.F. :D

[IMG]http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz92/BobbyRifle/FM12/Longwinterbreak.png[/IMG]

That's just the winter break, usual in countries with loads of snow... maybe it's a little longer than normal but you can schedule a bunch of friendlies in the month or so before the season kickstarts again.

Though something seems to be off as I searched for the real life calendar of the danish 2nd tier and it starts in August and finishes in February. That looks like the 3rd tier which may have a different calendar but to be off a whole 4 months is bizarre.

[quote name='Jason the Yank']Nope.

Will probably have to play with the screen settings to see if it brings it up.

I've also been playing in windowed mode, and from your screen shot it looks like you have it at the max size.[/QUOTE]

It shows on windowed mode on mine as well.

Well, FM12 and I aren't quite getting along just yet. I think it'll take time for me to accept a new FM into my life as it always seems to these days. Am I just getting old or what? :D

Number one on my big angry Crouchaldinho list is that I'm not enjoying the way it looks. I'm not keen on the skin and I'm finding the whole GUI tougher to navigate generally. I mean, what did they do to the tactics screen, for goodness sake! I miss my FM10 tactics screen. In general, everything seems to involve too much clicking and way too much information in my face at times. Stuff isn't where I want it to be and where I expect it to be. Why did they change so much from something that worked well in previous versions? Is this just change for change sake or is it actually better and I'm the only one struggling with it? Maybe (hopefully) I will get used to it over time but perhaps the answer will be to be on the look out for a retro skin made by the community!

Number two is match preparation. It just makes me angry. That's basically it! :D

Number three is the new team talks. As if it wasn't all too ambiguous in the first place, they've added more lines that could basically mean anything. I'll get there in the end with the team talks, once I've figured out what each line actually means, but it's just something that I could do without!

But I am trying, honestly! I'm really determined to enjoy this FM and to get back into the series.

Unfortunately, I think I've made a capital mistake with my first save (Daf's challenge with the Saints). It's too similar to my last long-term and really enjoyable save on FM10. Well, too similar, or how about exactly the same really. :D Comparisons were always going to be more inevitable and the save more stale when I'm doing the same thing I did on FM10. Time to move on to something fresh, I feel, and to try something new for FM12 to give my FMing career a new start!

So, I think I know what I've got to do. I bought a new computer this year and I did so partly with FM in mind. What I wanted to do was finally to be able to load a ton of leagues and journeyman it across Europe!

Clearly, I picked entirely the wrong save to start with. A one country save that I've done before. No, no, no! It's time to load a bunch of leagues and to have an Iacovone style managerial adventure!

In conclusion, it seems that I need to get to work on a list of leagues to load for my journeyman career!

So, anyway, how is everyone else finding FM12? Probably getting on a bit better than me. I don't like change. :D

I was playing last night and getting annoyed at everything. I'm going to try really hard to give this FM a chance though, even though I'm moaning already!

I am trying to do my continental save so I loaded all of South America to start with and started unemployed. Once I have done here I think I will load some European leagues like Ukraine, Russia, Austria, Turkey and Greece. Once I get a job there I will remove the leagues and load the bigger European ones and make my way to one of the big Euro countries.

Here's my honest opinion:

UI is confusing at first, but great when you get used to it as there's loads to look at.

Press conferences are still dull, I avoid.

Team talks are now even more dull, I avoid.

Match preparation is dull, get tactics sorted asap then hand over to assistant.

Other than that, I really love it. There's so many little things that make it great.

[quote name='AcidBurn']I am trying to do my continental save so I loaded all of South America to start with and started unemployed. Once I have done here I think I will load some European leagues like Ukraine, Russia, Austria, Turkey and Greece. Once I get a job there I will remove the leagues and load the bigger European ones and make my way to one of the big Euro countries.[/QUOTE]

How are you finding FM12 then AcidBurn? Enjoying it by the sounds of it?

[quote name='dafuge']Here's my honest opinion:

UI is confusing at first, but great when you get used to it as there's loads to look at.
[/quote]

Would you agree that it doesn't look as nice as in previous years though?

It does seem very confusing to me personally at times but maybe I'm just not used to all of the changes yet.

One thing that I find frustrating is the tactics screen, which I think just looks horrible now! It's also hard to navigate.

For example, I'm finding it quite fiddly to move between the tactics screen and player instructions. It would be useful to have the simple left-click on the shirt option that we have had previously to bring up the player instructions. Now it's right-click, select the option on the menu, click on it, then navigate through the players. I'm getting angry just thinking about it. :D

Another one that I'd like someone to help me with: what's the easiest way to get the team talk feedback from your assistant manager after a game? Surely not navigating to the staff screen, clicking on his name and then going to reports and accessing the tab there, as I have been doing! Any help appreciated!

[quote]Press conferences are still dull, I avoid.[/quote]

I've been doing the occasional one but often sending my assistant to them as they really haven't improved.

[quote]Team talks are now even more dull, I avoid.[/quote]

Are you finding it safe to do so? Are you giving some talks or nothing at all?

On previous FMs, the assistant seemed to have no brain at all, and I never let him take the talk for me.

If the assistants actually have a bit more about them this time around then maybe I will trust them a bit more.

Certainly, I've been relying upon my assistant a little bit at the moment during the learning process. It's a whole bunch of new lines to learn that don't always mean what they seem to signify! :rolleyes:

[quote]Match preparation is dull, get tactics sorted asap then hand over to assistant.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm going to try this. It just seems so silly and superficial. I'm all for the having several tactics loaded and gaining familiarity aspect but as for the rest.... well.... :mad:

Have you gone with your usual tactics Daf? I doubt you've had to rethink much as it's the same engine, after all, although I did note that the tactics creator is now using automatic roles for central midfielders in a number of formations as default. Not sure if this is new to FM12 or was in FM11, as I didn't play that version a great deal.

[quote]Other than that, I really love it. There's so many little things that make it great.[/QUOTE]

Would you care to share some of them?

I have to admit that there are a number of little things that do make the game feel more polished. I'll have to note some of them down and try to focus on the positives!

Funny as it sounds, I think I'm going to have to 'work' to get into FM12. Work to get into a computer game, sounds kind of sad huh? But I think it'll be worth it if I can get the old pleasure back again!

I hate the interface and the skin but that will change as soon as people start making their own. Not being funny but how can you get annoyed with match prep? I stick it on high during pre-season then once season starts stick on normal or low and don't touch it until the next pre-season. Team talks I kind of agree on for me it makes it too easy if you cannot see a positive with your overall talk you can usually work out something else to make the players end with good morale.

It might just be in my mind but the results seem more random than ever. On my Valencia save I beat Real Madrid and Barcelona away but got spanked by Granada and lose at home to really bad teams.

Not played much outside Spain and England with Valencia and Sunderland. I am enjoying it at the moment and although it will not mean anything to anyone else I signed Wisner in my current journeyman save and he was a great striker for me on FM10.

[quote name='crouchaldinho']Would you agree that it doesn't look as nice as in previous years though?

It does seem very confusing to me personally at times but maybe I'm just not used to all of the changes yet.

One thing that I find frustrating is the tactics screen, which I think just looks horrible now! It's also hard to navigate.

For example, I'm finding it quite fiddly to move between the tactics screen and player instructions. It would be useful to have the simple left-click on the shirt option that we have had previously to bring up the player instructions. Now it's right-click, select the option on the menu, click on it, then navigate through the players. I'm getting angry just thinking about it. :D

Another one that I'd like someone to help me with: what's the easiest way to get the team talk feedback from your assistant manager after a game? Surely not navigating to the staff screen, clicking on his name and then going to reports and accessing the tab there, as I have been doing! Any help appreciated![/QUOTE]

I like the look of the new skin, the only issue I have is that the font doesn't look great on a high resolution.

I tend to set up my tactics and go for it, so I've actually found teh new tactics screen to be quite useful.

Have you tried adding that page as a bookmark?

[QUOTE]Are you finding it safe to do so? Are you giving some talks or nothing at all?

On previous FMs, the assistant seemed to have no brain at all, and I never let him take the talk for me.

If the assistants actually have a bit more about them this time around then maybe I will trust them a bit more.

Certainly, I've been relying upon my assistant a little bit at the moment during the learning process. It's a whole bunch of new lines to learn that don't always mean what they seem to signify! :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

I used to get my assistant ti give the teamtalk, then adjust it if I didn't agree with him. Unfortunately that isn't possible with this version thanks to the 'real time' action we have. So far my assistant has done a great job as it yet to upset my team.

[QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm going to try this. It just seems so silly and superficial. I'm all for the having several tactics loaded and gaining familiarity aspect but as for the rest.... well.... :mad:

Have you gone with your usual tactics Daf? I doubt you've had to rethink much as it's the same engine, after all, although I did note that the tactics creator is now using automatic roles for central midfielders in a number of formations as default. Not sure if this is new to FM12 or was in FM11, as I didn't play that version a great deal.
[/QUOTE]

I've lifted my tactics from FM11 and dropped them into FM12, seems to be working a treat.

[QUOTE]Would you care to share some of them?

I have to admit that there are a number of little things that do make the game feel more polished. I'll have to note some of them down and try to focus on the positives!

Funny as it sounds, I think I'm going to have to 'work' to get into FM12. Work to get into a computer game, sounds kind of sad huh? But I think it'll be worth it if I can get the old pleasure back again![/QUOTE]

Here's a few that have made a difference for me:

Scouting pool
Team report
Custom staff search views
PPM training going through coaches
Part time contracts only for semi pro clubs
Keeping player history after retirement
The new player/club profile views
In-match notification of knocks

No doubt there's loads more that don't spring to mind right now.

[quote name='crouchaldinho']
So, anyway, how is everyone else finding FM12? Probably getting on a bit better than me. I don't like change. :D
[/QUOTE]

I'm still crap. :D

I like it so far, I think FM11 I probably liked better, but onwards and upwards :)

I'm also enjoying playing a new save and being back managing in England, so that's probably helped settle me in. I do agree that some bits of the UI have moved to really silly places - a case in point being the "compile loan list" button turning up in the Inbox - why??

I'm loving it, renewed my love for the game, feels a lot better more realistic.

Really enjoying it at the moment (even the team talks :eek:), probably has something to do with the fact that I'm back in Turkey to be fair. Love the new youth intake thingy, even though all of mine were crap, and the team meeting feature is really useful.

I like the little things that are now in the game. I'm getting used to the new GUI and features, slowly but surely, as well as trying to manage in a league I never ever managed in before. Although, winning does help with the transition since at the end of the day, from pub leagues to Premier League, the goal of the game is to score more goals than your opponent. :D

[quote name='dafuge']Have you tried adding that page as a bookmark?[/quote]

Top suggestion. Thanks Dafuge. Should have thought of that myself, really. :o

[quote]
I used to get my assistant ti give the teamtalk, then adjust it if I didn't agree with him. Unfortunately that isn't possible with this version thanks to the 'real time' action we have. So far my assistant has done a great job as it yet to upset my team.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not keen on the real time thing. Mostly because these longer sentences that they've put into the game often translate back into something I know (like 'you have faith' or similar) but I don't know it until I've clicked it and then it's too late to change my mind! :D

[quote]I've lifted my tactics from FM11 and dropped them into FM12, seems to be working a treat.[/quote]

Sounds good to me. :thup:

[quote]Here's a few that have made a difference for me:

Scouting pool
Team report
Custom staff search views
PPM training going through coaches
Part time contracts only for semi pro clubs
Keeping player history after retirement
The new player/club profile views
In-match notification of knocks
[/quote]

Yeah, some of those are very good. I like the team report and the in-match notification of knocks, especially. One thing I'm not too keen on is the club/player profile views though. I've switched back to seeing attributes and squads as default.

[quote name='AcidBurn']I hate the interface and the skin but that will change as soon as people start making their own.[/quote]

Sooner the better! :D I want a retro one!

[quote]Not being funny but how can you get annoyed with match prep? [/quote]

Perhaps I'm not annoyed by it as such but, out of all of the things they could have done with tactics and training, that's the best they could come up with! I think that's what makes me annoyed. :D

[quote]I signed Wisner in my current journeyman save and he was a great striker for me on FM10.[/QUOTE]

I remember Wisner! :cool: