dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

8,024 posts in this topic

Hope their is a retro skin from steam again.

Now I just have to think of a pun for my FM12 thread title...

Just to give everyone a bit of a warning, I'll be adding the 'FM11' prefix to all the thread titles next weekend. The forum will look a bit messy for a while but it means that I can get it done before the FM12 threads start appearing.

Just to give everyone a bit of a warning, I'll be adding the 'FM11' prefix to all the thread titles next weekend. The forum will look a bit messy for a while but it means that I can get it done before the FM12 threads start appearing.

Close mine, Daf. I don't need it any more.

Now I just have to think of a pun for my FM12 thread title...

I am having that problem at the moment as well.

Close mine, Daf. I don't need it any more.

Aye, any of mine can be closed.

Do you think it's worth having a Youtube thread, now that the scope of the videos available is bigger?

I noticed that the Challenges thread died a death.

I posted this in my career thread but I thought I would post it here. What leagues should i load for my save?

I currently have:

England regional first div

France National

German Second

Icelandic First

Italian Serie B

Spain LIGA adelante

Do you think it's worth having a Youtube thread, now that the scope of the videos available is bigger?

I noticed that the Challenges thread died a death.

Might be a good idea, the 3D match view is looking pretty good for FM12.

I posted this in my career thread but I thought I would post it here. What leagues should i load for my save?

I currently have:

England regional first div

France National

German Second

Icelandic First

Italian Serie B

Spain LIGA adelante

MLS obviously. :p

If you want to try something you can always try for AcidBurn's continental challenge and load some leagues from every continent. Or you can load them later to test out that new 'Manage Anywhere, Anytime' feature.

Rancer this is FM11 :D

Then load a league from every continent and load MLS. :D

Aaarghh! I've had no home internet or TV access since 12:14 yesterday afternoon, due to some bleedin' technical fault with Virgin Media. Doesn't look like it's going to be fixed today either, so I won't be able to play the new game until Monday at the earliest now. I'm not sure coming on here during my lunchbreak at work is going to make me feel any better either. Please think of me whilst you're enjoying your new FM12 saves! :(

I swear the guy on the front of my FM12 box is laughing at me too! ;) And I'm now going to have to think of a new hobby for the weekend that doesn't involve FM or Sky Sports/ESPN...

Might have to set up a Twitter account. Is it worth doing? Are other people interested in this sort of thing? I'd also like to follow some other FMCUers. Who else is doing FM on Twitter?

I might even have to set up a YouTube account now. I hope you guys like watching videos in 2D Classic! :p

Simple solution don't go with Virgin :p F2C isn't F2P :p

I know! Poor decision on my half there. Customer service is pretty shocking too, wouldn't recommend them to anyone!

I had them in most of the houses I lived in as an undergrad, went for Sky as soon as I moved in with the missus, so so so so so far superior in every way!

Virgin are, however, still miles better than BT. Absolute mess of a broadband company.

Might have to set up a Twitter account. Is it worth doing? Are other people interested in this sort of thing? I'd also like to follow some other FMCUers. Who else is doing FM on Twitter?

I might even have to set up a YouTube account now. I hope you guys like watching videos in 2D Classic! :p

I've recently set up a YouTube account, just so I can embed a few videos in my future threads, and there's nothing wrong with 2D classic ;)

Can't say I'm too bothered about Twitter to be honest, though.

I have Twitter and ramble a lot on it. Not just about FM but also MineCraft and real life.

I have BT and TalkTalk, neither I pay for :D

I had them in most of the houses I lived in as an undergrad, went for Sky as soon as I moved in with the missus, so so so so so far superior in every way!

Virgin are, however, still miles better than BT. Absolute mess of a broadband company.

I changed over from Sky last year as Virgin were a bit cheaper overall, and I also got ESPN as part of the package without having to pay a supplement for it. Obviously, a big mistake in hindsight.

The only silver lining in this debacle is that I've now got a valid excuse to go to the pub tomorrow night, just so I can watch the Liverpool match live on ESPN. It then won't be my fault for consuming a few early-evening pints, it will be all Virgin's fault! :D

Yes, and if you happen to go on to the harder stuff and roll in at 3am stinking of cheap fags and perfume that's clearly Virgin's fault too! :D

I got myself a Twitter account 100% because of FM11. Don't think I've ever done a manual tweet...

I post about FM on twitter and other football stuff. I have a huge following of 39 people that's how cool I am.

can anyone explain why my pics look so small? i look at other threads and they are quite large, i use the snip tool then upload via photobucket then use the IMG code.

danielgear you will be using thumbnails not full size images :) I would also suggest photobucket as you can keep them all in your account and organised :)

I post about FM on twitter and other football stuff. I have a huge following of 39 people that's how cool I am.

I'll follow you AB!

I need to set up a FM Twitter account first! :D

danielgear you will be using thumbnails not full size images :) I would also suggest photobucket as you can keep them all in your account and organised :)

How do i use full size images?

I have a similar problem when using imageshack it seems since the forum changed the images are a different size to what they used to be.

I'll follow you AB!

I need to set up a FM Twitter account first! :D

Cool, you get to see me talk about FM and moan about how bad Sunderland and Crewe are lol.

I've just set up an account for FM updates: @Crouchy_SACFC

Let me know your Twitter accounts and I will follow them. I've added you AB! :)

I don't bother with twitter, youtube is useful for the goals/match highlights though.

am i the only one who hasnt or plan on buying fm12?

Why not?

The add/remove league feature alone make it worth buying.

Hooray! My internet has sprung back into life! :)

Activating now, just in time for the weekend. Tonight, might be a late one now ;)

Hey guys. :)

I've had absoloutley no time for FM at all these last several weeks but when I got the 'FM12 is out now!' email, I couldn't resist. ;)

Just waiting for the download to complete and then time to pick which leagues for this year's journey man career.

In the meantime, what are your early thoughts on the game?

Why not?

The add/remove league feature alone make it worth buying.

Its like the game is the same as last years and the years before. i am struggling to get into it. Even the demo i just seemed to be clicking continue because ive seen it all before.

I've just set up an account for FM updates: @Crouchy_SACFC

Let me know your Twitter accounts and I will follow them. I've added you AB! :)

So I'm on Crouchy_SACFC for Football Manager updates, if anyone is interested.

Then I've got an account for St. Albans City stuff, which is @Daedalus1882. Not sure if anyone is interested but it's mainly me tweeting other people about the Saints and Non-League football in general. :D

So that's:

http://twitter.com/#!/Crouchy_SACFC

http://twitter.com/#!/Daedalus1882

following the two of your, im acidphire21 if you guys wanna follow me :)

Now that FM is here I am playing as Sunderland due to my created New Zealand league producing crash dumps. Might just leave it out and head into FM for a world journey man game but I haven't got a clue what leagues to load first to start in.

Now that FM is here I am playing as Sunderland due to my created New Zealand league producing crash dumps. Might just leave it out and head into FM for a world journey man game but I haven't got a clue what leagues to load first to start in.
Thanks for letting us know as I was intending to use your xml file for a journeyman career. :thup:

I think my journey man for this year is going on hold for a little while... I got sucked in by one of those CSE threads again so I'm going to start out with that and come back here once a patch or two has come out and some more additional leagues are available. :)

Thanks for letting us know as I was intending to use your xml file for a journeyman career. :thup:

I think my journey man for this year is going on hold for a little while... I got sucked in by one of those CSE threads again so I'm going to start out with that and come back here once a patch or two has come out and some more additional leagues are available. :)

I just wish I knew more about the editor and creating files. I made New Zealand then holidayed until 2022 and it was fine no crash dumps at all then it started crashing after three tests. Did three more and it went past the date it previously crashed on. Went to play it and more crashes, I really hate FM at times lol.

Woo!

Pretty sure I'm the first FMCU manager to get sacked in FM '12. :D