dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

8,028 posts in this topic

I'm all for the general thread. It'd be nice to talk shop with members of this forum, as opposed to the GD lot.

I always thought that we would be similar to FMS but we can have pictures and we don't have to write an actual story.

There were several times daf that we suggsted an FMCU OTF thread but it really got going...but if you want to have some 'GD-like' threads without the 'When is FM12 coming out???' (:D) threads.

I'll happily start some of these discussion threads. :)

I'd certainly be happy for a few general discussion threads to pop up. I very rarely venture into the GD forum, can be a bit too moronic at times for my liking ;)

I always thought that we would be similar to FMS but we can have pictures and we don't have to write an actual story.

There were several times daf that we suggsted an FMCU OTF thread but it really got going...but if you want to have some 'GD-like' threads without the 'When is FM12 coming out???' (:D) threads.

I'll happily start some of these discussion threads. :)

I can't wait for those and the when's the first patch out.

I think once October 21st hits, I'm gonna escape into here and batten down the hatches.

i know were looking to expand the career forum here with General posts and all but im slightly concerned that careers will be mixed up/lost when people from GD start popping over and posting rambles poo on ere. im not against the idea of posting General stuff regarding careers aswell but i just hope we dont get the usual silly things like "when is the patch out malaraky." Maybe im being niave im not sure i just like the thread how it is.

I half agree with jackripper but in the sense that at a glance it's hard to notice the discussion threads rather than the careers.

dafuge - would it work if we put a "O/T" before any discussion thread?

Oh my goodness, my FM life has changed forever!

My new PC arrived yesterday. It's amazing! :D

I have tested it on FM and I get 5 stars for performance and for 3D. I can load a ton of leagues, which is amazing. I'm planning a big journeyman career for FM12!

Also tested on Minecraft and I can max it out, so I'm extremely happy with that too.

In the end I went with the Intel Quad Core I5 2500 at 3.30GHz. I also went with the 8GB RAM and the NVidia Geforce GTS450. All in all, it's a superb machine and I'm delighted so far. :)

Hurrah indeed!

It's a strange feeling Iacovone. I don't feel as though I deserve it.

To be able to load lots of leagues without worrying about how slow FM is going to progress is just too strange!

I'm just a little bit too excited about it, to be honest. I'm like a kid at Christmas.

I know that feeling very well mate! About 4 months ago I had the exact same experience, it was lovely. You soon get used to having almost unlimited numbers of leagues :D

Are you going to transfer your Saints file over to the new computer?

Yeah, I will 100% be loading up my Saints save on this new computer.

I'll probably also put my Calcio journeyman save on here too. I might end up resuming that now actually because the reason I stopped was due to slowdown on my laptop.

I probably won't start anything new until FM12 comes out now. Then I will unleash the full power of my new machine and load a ton of leagues. :D

i know were looking to expand the career forum here with General posts and all but im slightly concerned that careers will be mixed up/lost when people from GD start popping over and posting rambles poo on ere. im not against the idea of posting General stuff regarding careers aswell but i just hope we dont get the usual silly things like "when is the patch out malaraky." Maybe im being niave im not sure i just like the thread how it is.

There would not be anything like that posted in here, I am pretty sure any threads asking when the patch is out would be closed, deleted or moved to GD. The general threads would be advice on LLM and general career chat. I think this place would be great with some more discussion about peoples careers and advice to others. We have a very knowledgeable group of people in here and between us all I doubt there is a country at least one of us have never managed in.

Yeah, I will 100% be loading up my Saints save on this new computer.

I'll probably also put my Calcio journeyman save on here too. I might end up resuming that now actually because the reason I stopped was due to slowdown on my laptop.

I probably won't start anything new until FM12 comes out now. Then I will unleash the full power of my new machine and load a ton of leagues. :D

Hope to see you having a go at the continental games now, having a quick PC makes FM so much better.

That's true. Maybe we should put what version of the game were playing (E.G, FM11) before the thread title? I know we do that at the minute but that's only for threads that are using older versions of the game. Maybe we should use that for all versions of the game? I don't know, just an idea to try and differentiate between career threads and discussion threads as jackripper said.

That's true. Maybe we should put what version of the game were playing (E.G, FM11) before the thread title? I know we do that at the minute but that's only for threads that are using older versions of the game. Maybe we should use that for all versions of the game? I don't know, just an idea to try and differentiate between career threads and discussion threads as jackripper said.

I think a good idea would be to get people to put [Discussion] at the start of any non career threads but I doubt everyone would do it.

I think a good idea would be to get people to put [Discussion] at the start of any non career threads but I doubt everyone would do it.

That could be a job for you (as a mod) to correct the threads without tags :D;)

That could be a job for you (as a mod) to correct the threads without tags :D;)

lol, the downside to being a mod.

I'm late to the discussion (but never late for dinner! Er, off topic, I guess. :D), but I agree with Raware that this forum sits in kind of a weird spot.

I know I moved over (and I think Nobby did for the same reason) from LLM because this forum is open to use of the editor. I appreciate the reasons for LLM's ban on the editor, but it has the side effect of restricting management to the leagues playable out of the box. And that eliminates some really cool updates like Acidburn's continental dominance challenge.

Of course, being as open as it is makes it similar to FMS. But I'm a non-fiction kind of dude, so the "story telling" aspect of FMS isn't for me.

We're sort of a misfit forum, and that's ok.

As someone who spends most of his time in FMS, I must admit I smiled @Crouchy getting a new computer--when I _first_ joined these forums he was complaining about how old and slowslowslow his laptop was then​.

We're sort of a misfit forum, and that's ok.

It's good to be different ;):D

It looks like it is just a load of story threads on people's careers, which isn't really what it is supposed to be about.

Well, it is really - it's just the content/style is different from the stories thread.

The main thing that is supposed to distinguish us from FMS is the element of discussion that goes on in our threads and I think one thing we are perhaps missing out on are the spontaneous threads discussing elements of management.

But discussion in our threads and spontaneous discussion threads are two very different matters, and it's certainly not what should distinguish this forum from the stories one.

Are people aware that they are allowed to start threads in this forum that are not just for their career? Would people like to see more of them?

Definitely a no from me.

I do appreciate and agree with the desire for more discussion here, but I think that would be best served via either one thread or a sub-forum. Not multiple threads all over the page.

After having a few 'discussion threads' pop up recently, I think they've worked quite well and sparked some interesting debates. Yeah, they might 'clog' up the forum (if that's the correct phrase) but with the addition of [Discussion thread] at the beginning of threads, it seems quite easy to distinquish between career threads and discussio theads. As long as we don't have any of the GD nonsense "when is the patch out" threads, then it should continue to work well and generate discussion between users in this forum :D.

It is certainly something that I'll be keeping an eye on, but when the bottom thread on the page was last posted in around a month ago I don't think we have any danger of being 'clogged up' just yet :D

I have a bit of a dilemma in my game at the moment - I've just been offered the Spurs job for the first time (I'm a Spurs fan IRL). My Lazio team are currently top of Serie A and have qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League, but as FM 2012 is out in 5 weeks (I've preordered of course!), I'm torn between staying or managing Spurs for a couple of seasons before I finish with FM 2011. Now, shall I take the job or not?

I took it :D

Partly inspired by witnessing today's demolition.

I took it :D

Partly inspired by witnessing today's demolition.

Which was a mistake, as it looks to be a massive step down: no money and an appalling, poorly balanced squad (9 strikers on the books, 4 centre backs for instance). Fortunately I saved just before taking the job so I'm going to go back to Lazio - it was somewhat more enjoyable than this struggle with Spurs.

Fortunately I saved just before taking the job so I'm going to go back to Lazio - it was somewhat more enjoyable than this struggle with Spurs.

lol taking the easy option now.

Right, I'm probably being a complete noob here, but where do you find the European co-efficients? I've looked bloomin' everywhere!

Well continuing on the wave of new PCs in FMCU, I should have a new one for FM12 :D

Well continuing on the wave of new PCs in FMCU, I should have a new one for FM12 :D

Hooray!! \o/

A good idea for a career update thread for FM12. Every time a season finishes I'll ask the community to suggest 10 league structures to run, and every year this will guarantee a turnaround of clubs which are manageable if I'm resigned or get sacked.

Here's the vital stats of my new PC:

Intel Core i7 Processor

12GB RAM

GTX Ti 560 GPU

120GB SATA 3 SSD

2TB SATA 3 HDD

:D

Has anyone tried the FM 12 demo yet?

Interestingly from the discussion thread on it it appears that BSS and BSN semi pro clubs won't be able to offer full time contracts until they turn full-time. Should make starting at that level a little more of a challenge (especially if you're doing dafuge's challenge).

I have, it's ok. Just not a massive shift other than a confusing UI

Has anyone tried the FM 12 demo yet?

Interestingly from the discussion thread on it it appears that BSS and BSN semi pro clubs won't be able to offer full time contracts until they turn full-time. Should make starting at that level a little more of a challenge (especially if you're doing dafuge's challenge).

Yes and annoying me it's made me want the game even though I've only played one friendly and I haven't played my Newcastle Town save on FM2011 anywhere near as much as I want to.

That sounds great about part time contracts.

I have, it's ok. Just not a massive shift other than a confusing UI

Yeah, the UI has been a bit of a backwards step IMO

I like it personally, think it'll be superior once I've gotten used to it.