dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

7,934 posts in this topic

Make that the only three! :D

Lot of catching up to do - my last update with Flamengo was 2020 and I'm now in Jan 2025! :o

I mean last update was 2022 - been so long I forgot! :p

Make that four of us. Good to see you guys back! :D

I think we could be seeing a fair few updated threads in the next few days...plenty of reading :D.

Great to have the forums back and should be plenty of career updates to read soon.

I finally achieved my goal of making New Zealand teams go into the Asian Champions League but then I did something a bit more fun. I created a World Champions League that has 256 teams from 100 countries battle it out through three qualifying rounds then a huge group stage with 16 groups of four onto five knock out rounds to determine the best team in the world. This would be a real pain for big sides in 20 team leagues but in New Zealand this is nothing as it is only a 14 game league followed by a play-off.

So I can see me starting an Auckland City career at some point and trying to become the best team in the world but the World Champions League would be very hard to win.

I think Photobucket's about to get swamped with uploads - I have all mine filed for each season ready to go ;)

Mine's all typed up in Word with photo's uploaded to Photobucket and ready to upload here :D.

Mine's all typed up in Word with photo's uploaded to Photobucket and ready to upload here :D.

Much more organised than me, got some of the screenshots and some notes but 2010-2022 to type up.... ugghh

Feels a bit weird to be back, I only managed two seasons :(

I miss updating. I need a new thread.

Much more organised than me, got some of the screenshots and some notes but 2010-2022 to type up.... ugghh

I guess I'm just far too anal and like things all sorted and done and dusted. Plus, I couldn't be doing with knowing that I've got to write up season reports in which I've completely forgotten what happened :D. Good luck in remembering seasons 2010-2022! ;)

Welcome back everyone! I've only completed two seasons on my save, will write it up at the weekend. Took the chance to have a mini-summer FM break; my interest seems to dip a bit when there's no live football on the tv anyway. Only a month to go until the Premier League starts again though :thup:

Surprisingly, going 'cold turkey' from the forums was nice for a little while, I actually got some work done for a change! Oh well, that won't last for long now :D

is there anway i can get my old account back as i use an old email addy i bloody hope so

phew finally managed to sort my account out now..welcome back

Welcome back everyone! I've only completed two seasons on my save, will write it up at the weekend. Took the chance to have a mini-summer FM break; my interest seems to dip a bit when there's no live football on the tv anyway. Only a month to go until the Premier League starts again though :thup:

Surprisingly, going 'cold turkey' from the forums was nice for a little while, I actually got some work done for a change! Oh well, that won't last for long now :D

Ha know what you mean :)

If any of you guys have Minecraft then send me a PM, I have a server and I need guys to play on it :p

Info: 1-9342-560x95-7-FF5519-FFFFFF.png

If any of you guys have Minecraft then send me a PM, I have a server and I need guys to play on it :p

Havent played it but dam it looks crap.

havent played it but dam it looks crap.

iTHIS.................

How do you add pics so that they appear on the page as a pic rather than a link to a pic?

I'm back everyone :D. Too bad I kinda lost interest in my Reading save...

How do you add pics so that they appear on the page as a pic rather than a link to a pic?

There's an 'insert image' icon (just below the smiley one) which allows you to insert an image from a url (or your computer).

Thanks daufuge.

I need to untick the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box when linking by URL. (I am just as clueless now as I used to be). :lol:

I'll check it out Flamers. I've been playing a ton of that game. I absolutely love it.

For those saying that it looks rubbish, the graphics are basic/retro, which is part of its charm for me personally. It creates some pretty epic worlds to explore.

I'll give a brief description for those who haven't heard of it. This video probably sums it up -

Essentially, as the name suggests, you mine and craft primarily.

It's an open-ended game with endless possibilities. No specific plot to follow or anything like that. The game generates a giant random world for you to explore. Basically, the primary tasks are to 1) survive and 2) collect resources.

You start out with nothing and need to find resources to shelter before nightfall. It's a kind of survival mode. Then, slowly but surely, you can start building a decent base, exploring, mining deep down into the world, and building stuff. All the time, you have to be wary of creatures/monsters which will attack you. They spawn at night, hence the need to shelter, but even during the day you can be at risk, and anywhere there is darkness (e.g. caves, underground whilst mining etc.)

The great thing about the game is there is a variety of ways to play it. You can concentrate on exploring, building, fighting with the bad guys, blowing stuff up, harvesting stuff or whatever you want.

To be honest, the stuff I build isn't very impressive really. I'm more into mining and exploring etc. Building isn't the only thing in the game. It can be very fun, of course, but I actually prefer the survival aspect and exploring the world. Finding weird landscapes, cave systems, dungeons, and fighting with the monsters. Can't really explain what I like about it so much. It's just a lot of fun.

You can also get as technical as you want with it. You can live in a hole in the ground if you want. Alternatively, you can build a castle or live in an Egyptian style pyramid, whatever you want! You can also build electronic stuff if you're really nerdy - the furthest I've got is creating a rail track where you can turn and press a button to start moving. The possibilities are pretty much endless.

This is a funny video about surviving the first night -

(Bear in mind that that was an alpha version of the game and that things have changed quite a bit, plus those two are pretty useless at surviving!

Sorry if that was way off topic. ;)

To get on topic again, I've not played a lot of FM lately. I recently had about a two or three month break from FM.

Then, the other day, I fired up FM10 and played out season 21 & 22 with St. Albans City. Will have to update my thread at some point but I think it will probably be mini updates as I wasn't playing with updates in mind due to the forums being down.

Anyway, to the point.... at first, I thoroughly enjoyed getting back to some FM. But, after while, the game started annoying me off again. There are some really annoying issues with FM10 in my opinion. The worst one I kept coming across was this bug where a player 'wants a new challenge'. What happens is this:

'I want a new challenge,' says the player.

'No you don't,' says Crouchaldinho.

'Yes, I do!'

'Well, have a new lucrative contract instead! How about that?' pleads Crouchaldinho.

'Okay, I am now happy. That's just great!' replies the player.

Two FM days pass.

'I'm unhappy again! I need a new challenge!'

And on and on it goes. Grrrrr! Really frustrating. :mad:

That's what's going on with half of my squad for the majority of the season. It's like a constant battle, to be honest, and so very frustrating. Can anyone tell me if this was sorted for FM11?

Then things like press conferences just really annoy me. Plus how reliant we seem to be on bloody team talks half of the time. And how slow the game seems to process. Then I find that I'm playing not because I'm enjoying myself but just to get to the end of the season! I just keep going but I'm not having fun any more. Grrrr!

I've kind of reached the conclusion that I should revert to an old version for a while and play one of the games that processes a bit quicker on my computer. One that doesn't have press conferences and one where team talks aren't the be all and end all. One where players aren't complaining every five minutes and one where I feel that I am having fun. One with the old 2D match engine and tactical arrows maybe! ;)

Thing is, I'm dying to play some football management games but just fed up with the direction of the FM series right now.

I might end up giving either FM07 or FM08 a shot for a while. Just for a bit of nostalgic fun.

Any recommendations or thoughts?

Yeah, my computer isn't great. I won't lie and say that doesn't have something to do with it but there is also more to it than that!

Play in Iceland :p The answer to all your FM woes, by the time your good enough to play in the CL you have done 20 seasons :p

You and Iceland! :rolleyes:;)

I actually really fancy trying a proper journeyman save but I know that my laptop won't be good enough for it on FM10.

Might be getting a new computer at some point in the future though, so that might solve some of my woes.

Crouchy. I have a pretty average laptop and am still playing FM09.

For much of my career, (until about 2038), I asked my Ass Man to deal with press conferences.

Now because I was managing a small club compared to those I was competeing with, there was always the agreed expectation that we would be viewed as the poor relations to the big-boys, (and this continued even after success was achieved against the big boys). While it was annoying, I suppose it is also realistic. Having said that, I did notice that it lessened over time and while it annoyed me at the time, the players that left for "bigger" clubs were often those that although they were top players, might have had hidden stats that maybe meant that they were not the type of player that I wanted to stay anyway.

I have 2 players, (in particular), that stayed with me through recent years without so much as a murmer, despite being the best DC and SC in England, (and in the case of the SC the best in the World). Other very good players have come and gone but these 2 have just got on with it.

When a player wants to leave, yeah it frustrates me, but i just use it as a springboard to something else. I particularly remember a string of MC's that just kept on coming and going and who never really reached the heights again after leaving.

I just pretend that I am SAF and show em the door while counting an enormous pile of money. :lol: (And of course everyone who leaves does so with future sell-on clauses).

I cannot recommend a return to FM09 highly enough. :thup:

just loading up fm07 but cant remeber if it needed patching anyone remember lol

im thinking of loading up fm07 do it crouchie

I think I'm going to load one of them. I still have FM08 installed, and customised with my own views and modified skin, so maybe it will be that one.

I know I can load a whole bunch of leagues on that version even on my crappy laptop, so maybe I will give a journeyman a go for something different.

Crouchy. I have a pretty average laptop and am still playing FM09.

For much of my career, (until about 2038), I asked my Ass Man to deal with press conferences.

Hi Jimbokav1971. Yeah, I've been doing that in the last couple of seasons. I used to do all of the press conferences but it got to a point where I wasn't even reading the questions because I knew which answers I wanted to click each time. I just got so, so bored of the press conferences. :rolleyes:

Now because I was managing a small club compared to those I was competeing with, there was always the agreed expectation that we would be viewed as the poor relations to the big-boys, (and this continued even after success was achieved against the big boys). While it was annoying, I suppose it is also realistic.

Yeah, it's realistic to a point. I'm still not title favourites though despite winning six titles in a row!

The 'new challenge' issue isn't a problem with it happening. I can definitely accept that some players might want to move on for a new challenge, although it's something I would like to be quite rare. The problem with FM10 is the frequency with which it tends to happen. I have a whole bunch of players complaining on an almost constant basis.

If you get them to accept a new contract and they say that they are happy, that should be it, surely, at least for some considerable time! But I end up with them complaining five minutes later once again! You've just signed a new contract, for goodness sake, what's your problem!

I get even more annoyed when someone says that they want to move to a bigger club and it turns out to be a club who haven't won anything for a decade and are used to mid-table mediocrity. We're the most successful English club right now! There is nobody bigger!

To be honest, I've no idea if this has been a problem with other FMs. This is the furthest I've got with a small club to big club game, so it might always have been a problem, but I didn't realise. I have to say, it's slightly putting me off the small club to big club game. At least with a career game, when you get to the top you'll be with an already established club, so you shouldn't experience the issue quite so much.

Having said that, I did notice that it lessened over time and while it annoyed me at the time, the players that left for "bigger" clubs were often those that although they were top players, might have had hidden stats that maybe meant that they were not the type of player that I wanted to stay anyway.

Could be. I'm happy with letting the odd player go but I have one or two favourites who I badly want to stay. :( It's the same battle with them every season.

I have 2 players, (in particular), that stayed with me through recent years without so much as a murmer, despite being the best DC and SC in England, (and in the case of the SC the best in the World). Other very good players have come and gone but these 2 have just got on with it.

Yeah, my fantastic striker, Michel Vermeer, hasn't moaned once. I love that guy! :cool:

When a player wants to leave, yeah it frustrates me, but i just use it as a springboard to something else. I particularly remember a string of MC's that just kept on coming and going and who never really reached the heights again after leaving.

I just pretend that I am SAF and show em the door while counting an enormous pile of money. (And of course everyone who leaves does so with future sell-on clauses).

It just feels like if I did that, I'd be constantly rebuilding. I have a tight chairman at the moment as well, so I'm really hesitant about letting people go, in case I can't actually replace them with similar quality players.

Do we have any idea what kind of players behave like this? Maybe players of a certain personality?

I cannot recommend a return to FM09 highly enough. :thup:

I have to say, that's unfortunately one of the versions of FM that I didn't really get on with. If I go back, it'll be to a game prior to that. I miss the old 2D engine and tactical arrows!

just loading up fm07 but cant remeber if it needed patching anyone remember lol

Yeah, pretty sure that one went to 7.2!

Just checked jackripper. I have all the patches for older games saved in a folder. You need fm2007_patch_7.0.2.

cheers for some reasion it wont install.. Crouchie do you see a huge difference in the amount of leagues you can load on fm08 than on fm10. My pc bit poo also and wanna do big journeyman.

Yeah, pretty big difference for me.

My laptop is pretty rubbish. Fm08 runs much smoother and quicker on my machine.

FM10 is one of the quicker of the post-FM08 versions for me, but still FM08 would be much faster.

I reckon I could happily get away with running 15+ leagues from 5+ countries on FM08 at a very comfortable speed. Whereas on FM10, I had about 8 leagues from 3 countries running, and it wasn't too great. Not terribly slow but slow enough that it put me off a little bit. I actually decided after this that I would only run one country's leagues on FM10 from now on.

I have a crappy laptop though. 1.66GHz dual core with 2GB RAM. Running Vista as well, which is a bit hopeless really. I think the newer FM games need that little bit more spec to play multiple leagues. Also, my laptop is quite old and I think that impacts on what it can comfortably run.

You only have to look at the specs as well.

FM08: minimum 1.2GHZ processor, recommended dual core 2.2GHz. Minimum 256MB RAM, recommended 1GB RAM.

FM10/11: requires 1.4GHz and 1GB RAM as its minimum requirement. That's just the minimum to run the game in the most basic way too.

The minimum requirement for FM10 is similar to the recommended requirements for FM08. So you can get away with much, much less in terms of processor power and memory on FM08.

Looking at the above, I see that I went from having a laptop which was close to the recommended specs on FM08 (i.e. that would run the game very well), to having a laptop that only meets the bare minimum on FM10/11. :(

I'm back everyone :D. Too bad I kinda lost interest in my Reading save...
Welcome back. Time to start anopther 'Crazy Canuck' thread then? :)

dont know wether to start a career update with real madrid C with my Spanish league expansion

dont know wether to start a career update with real madrid C with my Spanish league expansion

id say go for it..

id say go for it..

think i might wait and see how i do in the first 3 months ;)

Crouchy we're never going to do this Eastern European career ;)

I reckon its the frustration of a slow game pace. Go and get yourself a new computer, fire up FM11 and then travel the world as a journeyman. You'll love it :cool:

Ah, the Eastern European career. Such promise and such potential. :(

I really do need a new laptop at some point but it might have to wait until Christmas unfortunately.

Just in time for "Crouchy and Iacovone travel the Baltic states - FM12". I can see it now :cool:

Ah, the Eastern European career. Such promise and such potential. :(

I really do need a new laptop at some point but it might have to wait until Christmas unfortunately.

Hopefully youve been a good boy and as Santas watching

I never got the hype about FM06-08. Literally stopped playing for three years as they were terrible (IMO! IMO!)

fm08 is running like a dream for me and tactics are soooo much easier with just the arrows.