dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

8,019 posts in this topic

Serbian White Eagles??? Acidburn how did they make the CWC...

It was held in Canada so maybe the hosts go into it as Seattle were the North American Champions League winners.

It was held in Canada so maybe the hosts go into it as Seattle were the North American Champions League winners.

Hmm, that's interesting. I wouldn't expect Canada to host the CWC any time in the future because the CSL isn't really a big league. They aren't even a professional club...it's unrealistic that they would choose the Serbian White Eagles since TFC, Vancouver and Montreal have much larger fan bases.

Maybe they were in it because it had to be a team from the Canadian league although that is a complete guess. The ground it was all played in was called BMO field not being funny as I know you follow Toronto but surely 20k stadium is not big enough really.

Maybe they were in it because it had to be a team from the Canadian league although that is a complete guess. The ground it was all played in was called BMO field not being funny as I know you follow Toronto but surely 20k stadium is not big enough really.

It's not bad by MLS standards. They're planning to expand by 10k to allow more SST holders to get their seats. Although I don't know whether they're going to do that now.

Canada shouldn't get a CWC, and even if they do, there's Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton, or some of the other CFL stadiums across the country, because they have more room for spectators.

This has got me curious to see what other teams have got into it in the past.

20k is not bad by any standards really I just thought that for this type of tournament they might want a 40k stadium.

Season   Country     League              Club            Position        Cups
2010/11  England     Blue Square South   Woking          14th
2011/12  England     Blue Square South   Woking          1st
2012/13  England     Blue Square Premier Woking          1st
2013/14  England     League Two          Woking          15th
2014/15  England     League Two          Bury            13th

Hopefully promotion next year - although it sucked to see Woking get relegated already.

guys what type of careers do you prefer reading. non league to champs league? Journeyman? or when people start with the big guns? Out of curiosity>

All of them. :thup:

To be honest though, I'm personally mainly into the stories where people start off small and work their way up, whether that be with one club or via a journeyman save.

I also like any original ideas for challenges, like AB's thread last year where he was trying to win Champions Leagues from every continent. Anything a bit different in terms of a challenge.

I guess to get me hooked on a career, I quite like there to be some clear aims, whether that be take one club to the top of world football or end up managing a favourite club. That kind of thing.

I think I'm less interested in the big club saves as there seems less of a long-term challenge/aim but that's just my opinion. I do like reading about big clubs who are 'sleeping giants' though.

In general, if a career has a bit of a story to it (and isn't just a 'I won everything' thread) then I'll give it a go. The main thing for me is the quality and clarity of the updates and how passionate a person is about their save.

I like reading about people who have struggled a little bit but it hasn't put them off and they come back stronger :)

I also like Small Club to Big Club (1 club or several)

Flamers

I like most journeyman threads that see the user travel from country to country, don't really like big club threads unless there is something else involved like using all youth players or buying in all one nationality. I might be the minority but I do not really like the non-league to champions league threads there are some exceptions I liked Acidmonkeys Crook thread from last year as he is a fellow Sunderland fan and Crouchys Saints thread as there is a clear passion for the team that he supports in real life. Too many lower league threads involved back to back promotions to the EPL which is easily possible in FM but is not that exciting to read.

I need to see that the user is really into their game, I know that it is hard to tell but sometimes it can stand out how they feel about their game. I can usually tell within the first few posts if I will enjoy a thread or not.

In my career games, I'm happy as long as I'm winning. I really don't care where I'm managing as long as I'm successful.

I'm very loyal (as AcidBurn knows) to my clubs and I love Asian club and international football. And of course the Canadian national team. I'm pleased if we can go the World Cup regularly. :)

is anybody waiting for the patch before starting a save or you all enjoying it at the moment.

Whilst as Bury in League two I've had one of my most impressive FA cup runs:

R1: Bradford (L2) 2-0

R2: Shrewsbury (BSP) 2-1

R3: Altrincham (BSP) 1-0

R4: Preston (CH) 0-0 and 0p-0

R5: Leeds (CH) 2-1

R6: Manchester United (PL) 0-0 and 0-3

I will finally get a save started after Xmas (thanks to my deal with my missus)

I like reading any kind of thread really, although I prefer non-English league careers.

an obvious bribe lol...Maybe hes getting her that engagement ring she wants (if not engaged/married al;ready)

May be getting FM11 for Christmas although I dunno if I will be recording my adventures in here. :)

I'm probably asking too much, but due to the premature end of my latest Crazy Canuck career, having poured the equivalent of 11 days into that save, and really having no interest in starting a new game and from 2010. I have a request to the FM Careers/CSE (let's be honest here, a lot of us are CSE guys to migrated to Careers forum :p):

I would like someone to setup a 133 league save (will give XML files after I find someone) and preferably would want to holiday to 2019 since I ended up there in my last save. If not, even 2015 would be nice. :)

I'll PM more details if someone agrees...I don't mind if I have to wait a little (well preferably before 2011 :p) but if someone can assist me I would really appreciate it.

Once I have resintalled Win7 and got FM11 then I can do it for you want but you will have to wait til after Christmas...

Flamers

As I said in your thread rancer, i'd help if I wasn't into my save. Plus, like Crouchy, i'm not sure I could run all of those leagues! :D

I'd be able to handle it but I don't have FM11 :)

Yeh Crouchy all my careers just never seem to get finished or I lose interest :/

Neil Brock has confirmed that all saves with the Polish 2nd Division loaded, whether playable or view only, (that includes mine :() will not load in 11.2

So if you got the Polish 2nd Division loaded, do not update with the 2nd patch!!!

EDIT: It's ok lads. I understand. Thanks for your generosity. You lads definitely aren't on Santa's naughty list. :)

rancer they might do a 11.2.1 as an extra present for you :)

Flamers

Has anyone else noticed strange board takeovers in their games? One of the smaller Egyptian Premier League clubs just got taken over by a pair of New Zealander businessmen and another is nor run by a Swiss board. I checked out other clubs and a semi-pro team in the 1st Division has a Spanish chairman and another has Russian investors... Seems a bit strange for Egypt - they've got the wrong EPL :p

That might be an issue with the database you are using for Egypt since it isn't a league that comes out of the box.

That might be an issue with the database you are using for Egypt since it isn't a league that comes out of the box.

That's probably the reason. In New Zealand half of all the clubs had failed takeovers over and over again...definitely bugged.

Constantly happens in New Zealand every week a team is having a takeover fail in 3 months one team had 6 or 7 failed takeover on my save.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know a place to download additional badges/kits/etc. ?

Unrelated, every time I open the editor to create a competition, my head ends up spinning and I realize I have no idea what to make of the format. :D:(

guys what type of careers do you prefer reading. non league to champs league? Journeyman? or when people start with the big guns? Out of curiosity>

I'm late answering this, but my preference is generally:

1. Journeyman

2. Non-league to Champs League

Eleventyith. Start with the big guns.

I suspect it's because my background is from LLM (and before that, CMC).

I especially like reading the ones that start with a club outside England. Probably because the SI forums are, not surprisingly, tilted to beginning games in England, so starting with a non-English club is something different.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know a place to download additional badges/kits/etc. ?

I get mine from either FM Britain or sortitoutsi, they usually have some great add ons there thanks to the hard work of the community. The graphics pack I have for FM11 is the one used for FM10 which is a torrent and can be found if you search in google (sorry, I don't have the link). I don't know if you're like me but I much prefer having the badges/kits as it adds to my in game realism :D.

I'll also answer a bit late :D.

I like reading all kinds of threads...as long as they're clear and easy to read. I really can't be bothered to sift through a thread if it's a mess :).

I wish I could start my career thread but I cannot get a job when I set up my continental dominance saves, I only like to load 10 to 15 countries and no matter what success I have I struggle to get a job of any type anywhere in the world.

No not yet they are looking into it after myself and a few others uploaded save games with this issue. I am enjoying my Sunderland save for now and am thinking of doing an international save and not managing any club side just moving from country to country.

Unrelated, every time I open the editor to create a competition, my head ends up spinning and I realize I have no idea what to make of the format. :D:(

SORTITOUTSI!!!

Follow all these steps and you're all good. :)

I suspect it's because my background is from LLM (and before that, CMC)

Like Jason I came from LLM. So I like careers that start low and are played in a realistic manner.

I get mine from either FM Britain or sortitoutsi, they usually have some great add ons there thanks to the hard work of the community. The graphics pack I have for FM11 is the one used for FM10 which is a torrent and can be found if you search in google (sorry, I don't have the link). I don't know if you're like me but I much prefer having the badges/kits as it adds to my in game realism :D.

I never have, but I was just thinking about it, thanks to always posting the Yanbian FC logo in my game thread but never seeing it in the game. :D

Like Jason I came from LLM. So I like careers that start low and are played in a realistic manner.

"Welcome to LLM. We're easy like Sunday morning." ;)

Bah. Was hoping there was a way to send my team on holiday for a couple of weeks (reward them for their performance in the first half of the season, let them get rested for the second half, have some time to watch the World Cup, etc.) but I can't seem to find that option.

I'm sure it used to be in the game.

I suppose I can just set all them to "rest" on the training schedule.

(EDIT: I mean, I can holiday. But I wanted to let the lads have some time off)

Merry Christmas to those of you in Europe/Asia/Oceania. :)

Seconded! Still a few hours to wait until Santa arrives on this side of the pond. :p

Also, catching up on this thread and there are a couple of things I wanted to comment on (I know I'm late to the party so I promise that I'll limit it at least to just issues discussed on this page!):

The CWC: The champions of the host nation's domestic league always get to participate in the tournament - I remember in my FM10 India save I got to participate in the CWC in only my third season in charge because it was held in India, despite the fact that I had never even played in the ACL. This season IRL Al-Wahda of the UAE got to participate and actually made it past Oceania champs Hekari United in the opening round before losing to Seongnam in the quarter finals. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the champions of the host country get admitted to the tournament since part of the point of the CWC is to spread football to other parts of the world/encourage more people to become fans in "developing" football nations/improve quality and increase interest in "developing" leagues around the world/typical boilerplate FIFA blather (or should I say Blatter? *groan*).

What kind of career games I enjoy: If it's a good thread, I'll read anything, though generally I prefer a career where the manager moves about between clubs - I think the small club to big club type challenges have it covered when it comes to taking a small team and making them world beaters (though again, if it's a well written thread, then I'll still enjoy it!).

Weird takeovers: It didn't actually happen in the end, but I got a news item that Ryan Giggs was leading a consortium to take over my club Vasco. And that's the Vasco in India, not the Vasco in Brazil.

New graphics: There are some great websites out there that make graphics packs - got to love the FM community! I'd also add that it's really not too hard to create FM-ready club badges if you have access to Photoshop. Don't want to have a thread about this in the Careers forum since it's not the place for it, but I'll happily create badges for any of my fellow Careers forum aficionados if they can provide me with a decent quality original to make it from (a quick Google search normally turns up what you need). If anyone's interested - feel free to PM me! :thup: