dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

8,028 posts in this topic

I use this one Sax. I quite like it since there's a real players xml as well. :)

Thanks for that Rancer :)

What do you guys reckon I should do? Continue or start again?

Oh and Rancer that Japan file like isn't working or something? Shows on the league selection screen but is unselectable and has an hazard sign on it.

Thanks for that Rancer :)

What do you guys reckon I should do? Continue or start again?

Oh and Rancer that Japan file like isn't working or something? Shows on the league selection screen but is unselectable and has an hazard sign on it.

Which file did you download? You just need to load the Japan.dbc one when you start (I think).

It's an XML file. Just put it in the editor data folder after UnRaring it.

It's an XML file. Just put it in the editor data folder after UnRaring it.

Do you still get real Japanese players? (which are not duplicate at every club...)

You may have to "enable" the J-League files. If you search around, you can find information on how to do that. It's a licensing issue (same as for the German national team).

Dunno if i am allowed to ask this in here and please let me know if i aint allowed, but how do i attach pictures to my post for my career update forum?

Firstly after you have captured your image it needs to be uploaded to an image hosting site. (I'll assume you know how to do this)

If you want it to appear in a link like this = Picture You need to enter[noparse]picture[/noparse]

If you want it like thisBulldogsFINAL.png you need to enter[noparse]YOUR LINK HERE[/noparse]

Firstly after you have captured your image it needs to be uploaded to an image hosting site. (I'll assume you know how to do this)

If you want it to appear in a link like this = Picture You need to enter[noparse]picture[/noparse]

If you want it like thisBulldogsFINAL.png you need to enter[noparse]YOUR LINK HERE[/noparse]

Thanks WH, managed to get it working, thanks again

Hey guys I wanna start a carear thread for a carear I am starting soon. My question is on all of the ones that I've looked at people have used coding for table, is that a requirement? If so how do I do the code is there a thread or something? Thanks

nah you dont have too use coding, do the thread however you feel comfortable :)

regarding doing the coding easiest way is to set it up in not pad then past it into the thread surrounded with the [*code] and [/code*] tags Minus the *

Hey guys I wanna start a carear thread for a carear I am starting soon. My question is on all of the ones that I've looked at people have used coding for table, is that a requirement? If so how do I do the code is there a thread or something? Thanks

For an example without coding, check my career thread out.

Big dislike the 3-4 times a season you have to play Saturday Tuesday Thursday Saturday in the league. I don't think I've ever seen that IRL! (in real life, not Ireland...)

Yeah, I have a squad that is playing 3 or 4 games a week for NINE WEEKS straight. It's insane--trying to figure out how to fix one a save has started, but editing competitions on the fly is rough.

Is that just in the league or including cups? I can understand a tight schedule if you're fighting on 5 or 6 fronts. It's when those 4 games a week are in the league (before the season has even started, so no cup draws affecting it).

Oh, league and cups, definitely. What league is giving you the schedule from hell?

Mine is compounded by another oddity, where players who are new to the game with no history are assumed _not_ to be homegrown. (FMS Entry here if you want more detail).

I'm preparing for FM11. I need to know some of your favoured clubs. :)

What I know already:

me - Toronto FC, PSV, V-Varen Nagasaki, Guandong Rizhiquan

Raware - Nottingham Forest, Long Eaton Celtic?

Nottingham Forest - Nottingham Forest

Nep - Arsenal

hrbfcrule - Hampton & Richmond

MeLikeFM - Shamrock Rovers, Toronto FC

Luton Town, lutontown1991 - <------

crouchy - St. Albans

AcidBurn - Sunderland

uncle ron - Swindon?

chelsea_rulles - <------

Neji - Sheffield Wednesday?

Coach Flu - Club Brugge?

Need to expand that list a bit. Much help appreciated. :p

Raware - Nottingham Forest, Long Eaton United (Long Eaton Celtic is the name of a user here on the forums who supports Long Eaton :D:p)

And as you know, I also like to follow Hong Kong football :D.

Norwich City Football Club! and also Lowestoft :thup: Gotta support local football.

Dammit Sax. I knew I forgot someone!!!

Raware - Nottingham Forest, Long Eaton United, Hong Kong football

Nep - Arsenal

Sax - Norwich, Lowestoft

crouchy - St. Albans

AcidBurn, acidmonkey - Sunderland

Deisler - Albacete, Sparta, AC Ajaccio

uncle ron - Swindon?

CoachFlu - Club Brugge?, Belgian football

Oh, and I won't manage rivals. So, there's no way in the world I will manage Ajax. And I've already developed a soft spot for Stuttgart, so I won't manage Bayern, Dortmund, and Schalke! Hoffenheim is fine though.

And all you Columbus Crew supporters, eat your heart out, I won't manage your club either. :p

Oh, and I won't manage rivals. So, there's no way in the world I will manage Ajax. And I've already developed a soft spot for Stuttgart, so I won't manage Bayern, Dortmund, and Schalke! Hoffenheim is fine though.

And all you Columbus Crew supporters, eat your heart out, I won't manage your club either. :p

But you will of course manage Norwich at some point :thup:

Dammit Sax. I knew I forgot someone!!!

Nep - Arsenal

Sax - Norwich, Lowestoft

crouchy - St. Albans

uncle ron - Swindon?

CoachFlu - Club Brugge?, Belgian football

And someone else ;)

DodgeeD - Man Utd but also have soft spots for Stoke City, Genclerbirligi, Estudiantes Santander & TFC of course ;)

I knew you liked Estudiantes Santander and a Turkish club DodgeeD, but never really knew which club you really supported that wasn't because of FM. :p

Sax - Norwich, Lowestoft

CoachFlu - Club Brugge, Belgian football

Nep - Arsenal

Hershie - Arsenal, Watford

dafuge - Portsmouth

DodgeeD - Toronto FC, Man Utd, Stoke City, Genclerbirligi, Estudiantes Santander

crouchy - St. Albans

uncle ron - Swindon?

Won't manage: Columbus Crew, Ajax, Derby, Ipswich, Colchester, any other club in Ireland except Wexford, Anderlecht, Cercle Brugge, Spurs, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool (my favourite English club is Everton), Southampton, Wolves, Newcastle, Murcia, Levante. I won't manage these clubs, it's not that I actually like them IRL anyways. :p

I never managed at Luton (the Luton -30 points challenge doesn't count :p) or Watford. If I manage Luton, I won't manage Watford, and vice versa.

I'm really limiting my future career game options here. :p

Just out of interest then rancer, with these preparations for FM11, will you still be doing your Asian challenge?

Just out of interest then rancer, with these preparations for FM11, will you still be doing your Asian challenge?

Of course. I will always play my own challenge. As for the country, I'm not sure. I won't be playing my challenge in Japan though (unless the game recognizes that foreigners can take Japanese citizenship).

I'm not sure if the xml files for FM10 will be compatible for FM11 though, so I would want SI to clear that up first...

Newcastle Town, Stoke City and Billericay Town.

Though saying favoured clubs... the last match I went to was Newcastle Town v Silsden three seasons ago. Golf gets in the way these days.

Newcastle Town, Stoke City and Billericay Town.

Though saying favoured clubs... the last match I went to was Newcastle Town v Silsden three seasons ago. Golf gets in the way these days.

Cheers Nobby. Mind I won't load my career game down to where Newcastle Town are tbh...

It is worth listing me as a Crewe fan I live far from Sunderland so have been going to all of Crewes home games for the past 4-5 seasons.

Cheers Nobby. Mind I won't load my career game down to where Newcastle Town are tbh...

Northern Premier League First Division South, so if Uncle Ron updates his work from FM2010, then you can start as them in FM2011.

Now there's a thought... if I get FM2011... do I go Newcastle Town, Billericay Town or try to recreate the Miracle?

Northern Premier League First Division South, so if Uncle Ron updates his work from FM2010, then you can start as them in FM2011.

Now there's a thought... if I get FM2011... do I go Newcastle Town, Billericay Town or try to recreate the Miracle?

Newcastle Town imo. They're in the lowest division out of the 3.

Out of the 3 you said, I'm thinking of Billericay Town because I want to load 7 English tiers. 8 tiers might mess up the cups because I heard that there was some bug if you don't load 10 tiers (and I'm not going to 10 English tiers in my career game because all the cups would just slow down the game too much. The FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round took a long time to simulate just with the English leagues on my laptop) on FM10.

Sax - Norwich, Lowestoft

Nobby - Billericay Town, Stoke, Newcastle Town

Nep - Arsenal

dafuge - Portsmouth

DodgeeD - Toronto FC, Man Utd, Stoke City, Genclerbirligi, Estudiantes Santander

AcidBurn - Sunderland, Crewe

crouchy - St. Albans

jackripper - Man Utd, Cardiff

acidmonkey - Sunderland

uncle ron - Swindon?

Currently testing a 113 league save (well I'm just holidaying it to see how it is on my laptop) so if that goes well I could be attempting my biggest career game yet in FM11.

And my 113 league save is a holiday save of all the European leagues (except Liechtenstein), except I stupidly forgot to load one with an actual professional league...Wales!!! ><

Newcastle Town imo. They're in the lowest division out of the 3.

Out of the 3 you said, I'm thinking of Billericay Town because I want to load 7 English tiers. 8 tiers might mess up the cups because I heard that there was some bug if you don't load 10 tiers (and I'm not going to 10 English tiers in my career game because all the cups would just slow down the game too much. The FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round took a long time to simulate just with the English leagues on my laptop) on FM10.

The cups run perfectly fine with Uncle Ron's 8 tiered package on FM2010. FA Cup still starts at the Second Qualifying Round, a random selection of tier 8 clubs don't appear in it, having been knocked out in a simulated First Qualifying Round.

The cups run perfectly fine with Uncle Ron's 8 tiered package on FM2010. FA Cup still starts at the Second Qualifying Round, a random selection of tier 8 clubs don't appear in it, having been knocked out in a simulated First Qualifying Round.

I forgot to mention I was referring to SuperBladesman's file...

But regardless cheers Nobby. If that's the case then if the FM10 xml files work for FM11 then I'll download uncle ron's files and load the 8 tiers. If not, I'll have a look at his FM11 xml file for my career game. :thup:

I'll be jumping back on board this forum on approximately the 25th of November (if the game is out by then), as I will have finished school forever!

So rancer here are my favourite teams: Manchester United, Perth Glory, Hull City, Bridlington FC. :D

I hope to see you all soon!

I'll be jumping back on board this forum on approximately the 25th of November (if the game is out by then), as I will have finished school forever!

So rancer here are my favourite teams: Manchester United, Perth Glory, Hull City, Bridlington FC. :D

I hope to see you all soon!

Suddenly my life has meaning

Cheers guys :thup:

A-League is somewhere I've never managed. That will be interesting. :)

Sax - Norwich, Lowestoft

Nobby - Billericay Town, Stoke, Newcastle Town

PaulHartman71 - Arsenal, Southend, Werder Bremen

hursty2 - Perth, Man Utd, Hull City, Bridlington (Town?) FC

Nep - Arsenal

dafuge - Portsmouth

AcidBurn - Sunderland, Crewe

crouchy - St. Albans

jackripper - Man Utd, Cardiff

acidmonkey - Sunderland

uncle ron - Swindon?

All the crazy places you have managed yet never in Australia.

All the crazy places you have managed yet never in Australia.

I haven't managed in Italy, Portugal and France (well for Career Games anyways. I have tried managing with a French National club in the Big Euro Challenge but never got into it) either...

I've never managed in France either. Thinking about including it for FM11 - if the game reflecvts real life, there'll be a lot of work to do :p

France has some of the best youngsters on the game it is packed with players that can become world class. I have never managed there or in Italy or Portugal either. Makes me think I am missing something by not managing in some other countries, never managed in Brazil either.

I played in France when Ronaldinho was at PSG, whatever that year was and really enjoyed it. I also really enjoyed reading PaulHartmans thread when he was in France :thup:. I definitely recommend it. I'm also a keen follower of Italian football (since the days of James Richardson and football italia on C4) but find it a tough league to play in due to the limited number of foreigners per season you're able to sign. Definitely worth having a go at though :D.

I hope your machine is powerful enough rancer to run all of these leagues! ;)