Sports Interactive Community
dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

Hi all!

Does anyone know if any of the edits etc includes the leichtensteiner cup? doesnt say on claasens one that it does, and i think that could be a great youth save.

Also if someone wins the leichtenstein cup, then the europa league, do they get a champions league berth.

Cheers!

How are people able to post non blurry screenshots on their career updates? I've tried using snipping tool and taking screenshots in-game, but when I post them to my update if I try and zoom them in or make them big enough so you don't have to click on the pictures to see them properly, it's always blurry??

Ok, so I've tried countless times taking screenshots with gyazo and then using the url link button and it never puts the image on the page, just shows the url link. I try saving the image and then sharing it via my computer and it gives the same effect as the blurry screen captures I'm using already.

It's becoming frustrating, not sure what I'm doing wrong!

4 minutes ago, winterburnsilva said:

Ok, so I've tried countless times taking screenshots with gyazo and then using the url link button and it never puts the image on the page, just shows the url link. I try saving the image and then sharing it via my computer and it gives the same effect as the blurry screen captures I'm using already.

Press F12 in game and go to the screenshot part of steam and save them.

Yeah I've tried that too, it's all good until it comes to posting them in here. I can't figure out how to make them full screen and readable without having to click on them to see them properly

fictoid.thumb.jpg.a75ac68733c6ef2898b2a43ef2413d8e.jpg

They just end up like this, small so you can't read them properly without clicking on them

What I do (I'm sure others do different).

A) Take screenshot using Steam.

B) Open the screenshot in Paint and crop then save the new image.

C) Upload new image to Imgur (I tried Gyazo when Photobucket cut off their nose but prefer Imgur).

D) Copy & paste the BBCode from Ingur into the forum post.

7 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

What I do (I'm sure others do different).

A) Take screenshot using Steam.

B) Open the screenshot in Paint and crop then save the new image.

C) Upload new image to Imgur (I tried Gyazo when Photobucket cut off their nose but prefer Imgur).

Thankyou! You are frankly a genius, thankyou for helping a computer illiterate out haha

What I do

A) Use snipping tool to capture what i want

B) Save in My Documents.

C) Upload new image to Imgur 

hi_everybody.jpg?1369213895

Been a while since I've been in this part of the forum. Quite a few new faces. :)

Haven't really got into FM17 but going to take another bash at it now. Going to use the same journeyman/no badges/Sunday League football approach, but with a couple changes: At least to start, I'll have all the English- (well, except ROI/WAL/NIR) and Spanish-speaking leagues loaded (figuring since FM gives us Yanquis fluency in English and en Espanol at the start). And historically I've avoided league where there's squad rules like "Two players in starting XI must be 23 years or younger", realizing that most of my saves I've looked for young players to stock my squad.

On 8/3/2017 at 18:57, winterburnsilva said:

I use Gyazo and can get the images to be non blurry. You just have to right click on the image and choose "Copy Image" and then paste it here. 

Just in case you prefer using gyazo.

8 hours ago, Jason the Yank said:

hi_everybody.jpg?1369213895

Been a while since I've been in this part of the forum. Quite a few new faces. :)

Haven't really got into FM17 but going to take another bash at it now. Going to use the same journeyman/no badges/Sunday League football approach, but with a couple changes: At least to start, I'll have all the English- (well, except ROI/WAL/NIR) and Spanish-speaking leagues loaded (figuring since FM gives us Yanquis fluency in English and en Espanol at the start). And historically I've avoided league where there's squad rules like "Two players in starting XI must be 23 years or younger", realizing that most of my saves I've looked for young players to stock my squad.

giphy_s.gif

Welcome back :D

Long time coming but think I will do multiple season updates on my current LFC save. 2 updates per season. After 19 and 38 league games ideally (January & May)

As long as you don't act on your preference otherwise we will have to start calling you Jimmy Saville.

Posted (edited)

Currently at a really tough time in terms of getting a save started on FM. As it stands I've had one good save on FM17 with Forest and was slowly building something. Unfortunately due to a poor start I got sacked. Since then I've tried to start about 10 different saves but none have kept me interested.

Any ideas as to what I can do?

Edit: I was sacked at Forest after about 8/9 seasons.

Edited by Nottingham Forest

5 hours ago, Nottingham Forest said:

Currently at a really tough time in terms of getting a save started on FM. As it stands I've had one good save on FM17 with Forest and was slowly building something. Unfortunately due to a poor start I got sacked. Since then I've tried to start about 10 different saves but none have kept me interested.

Any ideas as to what I can do?

Edit: I was sacked at Forest after about 8/9 seasons.

Dundee United in Scotland? A big club stuck in the second tier, former European Cup semi finalists, good facilities, and a history of bringing through excellent youth prospects. Failing that, when in doubt, go north. I'm currently managing IK Start (on 13) of Norway, who find themselves in the 2nd tier again irl. This is their home:

5990d1367c9a9_Startstadium.thumb.jpg.644d90f56d0216cad010a8153537383d.jpg

You could also try starting in the Swedish 4th tier and going for a journeyman, perhaps? 

Sweden doesn't interest me. Forest and a journeyman will be happening for 18 at the moment. Dundee United will be on my list if my current idea doesn't work.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Nottingham Forest said:

Sweden doesn't interest me. Forest and a journeyman will be happening for 18 at the moment. Dundee United will be on my list if my current idea doesn't work.

Start unemployed, let game simulation create stories.

2 hours ago, Nottingham Forest said:

What is the best image sharing site to use now guys?

Imgur.

Another popular suggestion is Gyazo but you have to download an app and ****.

Edited by git2thachoppa

On 8/14/2017 at 12:55, Nottingham Forest said:

What is the best image sharing site to use now guys?

Different board, different game but I've been using https://postimages.org and it seems to work out well.

My method for a while now has been to take the pics with Lightshot, then drag and drop all of them to Imgur.

I find this more convenient than Gyazo because whilst Gyazo is super handy for taking a single screenshot, my updates almost always have like a dozen of them and I don't want to go back and forth between writing and screenshoting.

Lightshot is fantastically handy, it also has the option of directly uploading to their hosting site if you want.

I keep finding incredible team names while playing FM 07. I've avoided mentioning them, as Sod's Law means I'll stop seeing the incredible names once I start writing them down, but let's test the law. (Especially as I'm now managing Young Boys.)

So the one I always remember is a team in Bolivia, who are called 'The Strongest'.

Today's team is Hong Kong 2008... they were founded in 2002.

There's also FC Santa Claus in Finland, which I remember somewhere here did a save with them a few releases back. Finland is great for team names, I also remember an FC Jazz and FCJ Blackbird.

Not a playable league, but Ghana has Hearts of Oak.

Deportivo Wanka is the classic silly name football club.

I was about to say them. They wondered why so many orders from Britain came in for their shirts after they were 'discovered' in FM.

23 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

I was about to say them. They wondered why so many orders from Britain came in for their shirts after they were 'discovered' in FM.

RE2Eqdm.png

So I've started a save with my usual starting points (unemployed, Sunday League player, no badges) and I'm one month into the Swedish season with IS Halmia. Which is about 3 weeks further than I've got into any other season on FM 17. :D

Won my first match, then lost 2, then conceded a late equalizer at the bottom side but finally getting a win. So I'm 2-1-2, but unfortunately the board want the team to reach the promotion playoff, and the media is picking us for 3rd.

Plus the club is losing money hand over fist (although I'm still well below the wage budget). And I've already cocked up a contract extension by not realizing projected player status (key player, first team player, etc.) is on the initial "promises" screen.

Great success!

34 minutes ago, Jason the Yank said:

So I've started a save with my usual starting points (unemployed, Sunday League player, no badges) and I'm one month into the Swedish season with IS Halmia. Which is about 3 weeks further than I've got into any other season on FM 17. :D

Won my first match, then lost 2, then conceded a late equalizer at the bottom side but finally getting a win. So I'm 2-1-2, but unfortunately the board want the team to reach the promotion playoff, and the media is picking us for 3rd.

Plus the club is losing money hand over fist (although I'm still well below the wage budget). And I've already cocked up a contract extension by not realizing projected player status (key player, first team player, etc.) is on the initial "promises" screen.

Great success!

Sounds like the beginning of an epic journeyman save!

10 minutes ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Put two and two together... :D

Image result for confused gif

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 13:23, Our Al said:

Just bought the latest version in the Steam summer sale.  Been playing this since back in 97 when I was just 15 years old (a looong time ago).

Liking the game.  1st save, just do the usual trick. Start with your favourite club (Chester) and work out the basics till you get sacked...

Only thing is...

14 games into the 2020/21 season and I'm 3rd in the Championship...

Managed to get 3 promotions on the bounce, all by winning the play-offs in the Vanarama Conference, League Two and League One respectively.

I've done Non-League to top flight before back on FM15 a couple of years ago, but that took 5 seasons, this would be a personal best if I somehow manage to go up again.

God knows what this will mean with the ground.  Capacity is still only 5,500!

And so Promotion from the Championship to the Premier League was secured at first time of asking.

and then promptly defied all odds and finished a dizzy 6th in my debut in the Premier League.

Some crazy results in the process, some cracking deals in the summer transfer window with Ademola Lookman coming in on a free from Everton, Che Adams being signed from 2.2mill and then bagging 25 goals upfront, Sergi Canos getting 18 assists from the right wing, Angelino being a beast of a left back, George Thorne playing in the holding midfield role, and Kristoffer Ajer being a beast in the middle of the park.

Meant a big cash influx by the end of the season so been and splashed the cash on Tammy Abraham (signed from Barnsley), some Romanian right winger from Liverpool for £34m (Hadji?) a couple of Italian centre backs and some cheap options from Scotland to add a bit of depth to the centre of midfield. 

Board announced a 22,000 all seater stadium is being built, and will replace my now 12,500 capacity Deva Stadium in 2 years time. 

Can't wait for the new season to start!

9 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Nicely done, @Our Al!

Thanks, the new season should be a journey into the unknown. European Football, fighting to replicate that 6th place finish and fighting for a domestic trophy.  I've used the cup competitions in the past just to play promising youth teamers, but might go for broke and target both League and FA Cups. Certainly got more strength in depth than I've ever had before!

Two seasons ago, I recall someone holidaying a save for a thousand years and releasing the save game file.

I have a file that is just shy of eight hundred years (I could holiday until 2816, which will take me a week or so).  I intended to get this to 3016, but it looks like I won't have the time.

Is this a file anyone is interested in?

Cup semi final day against our biggest rivals, you can taste how close we are to glo.... oh, hang on a minute. Does anybody see a problem here?

59a2959c521e1_FCUtrecht_TacticsOverview.thumb.png.a2a6cbfaee5da9d75ec3733552419186.png

I'd love to see Papa try and take them on on his own ;)

2 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Go on the Papa! :applause::lol:

Seriously though @withnail316serves you right for having a team full of South Americans playing in Holland. :lol:

Pah - there's two South Americans in the first XI, a Brazilian and an Argentine. 4 Dutchmen, 2 Italians, 1 Czech, a Nigerian and a German.... 

OK, there are nine South Americans in the whole squad, but five of them are homegrown... get them in as youngsters! :D 

For those of you that are doing English saves, I'm currently in the middle of my second season in the Championship with Sheffield FC and I'm now able to request "Increase youth level". I know what it is for, but since our finances arent too good and I'm hoping to persuade the board to build a new stadium (current capacity is only  2,500) I'm hesitant to request it.  Am I right in thinking that this won't cost us any money?

Looking for a save to keep me busy until FM18. Ideas?

2 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Looking for a save to keep me busy until FM18. Ideas?

I'm in the middle of another club save, but if I wasn't doing that I'd being doing a flipped league save like Loki Doki is doing.  I may do that as one of my FM 18 saves.

On 8/19/2017 at 15:40, Jason the Yank said:

Great success!

Playing the top team in the division. We've been playing OK with one up front (4-1-2-2-1 or 4-2-3-1) all season, and everyone we've played so far has run with a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-2-2 (basically just the 4-4-2 with the CMs deployed as DMs)

But I see our opponents typically go with a 3-4-1-2. So I devise our own 4-2-2-2 and attempt to exploit the flanks and counter. We get a first-half goal, and another early in the 2nd. We're up 2-0 in the 75th minute when I choose to pull us back from counter to defensive.

We give up 2 goals in the next 5 minutes, and then an 88th minute penalty to lose. :D

I've been treading water since I ended my RKC save.

Has anyone got any ten-years-in files they can upload?

On 16/09/2017 at 02:36, Deisler26 said:

I've been treading water since I ended my RKC save.

Has anyone got any ten-years-in files they can upload?

I don't have a ten year-in file but I do have a three year-in file with most of the big Europeans leagues loaded in FM17.

Good evening chaps, this seems the most reasonable place to ask this question.

I was on these forums many years ago and was a fairly active participant in the LLM area. Where has this gone to? I can't seem to find it anywhere. 

I cannot remember my log in from years ago so I have had to recreate one.