dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

7,566 posts in this topic

Wish we would hurry up and announce the Sahin deal :D.

He had a change of heart didn't he according to the paper? Wanted to join Arsenal. They wanted a permenant transfer, he only wanted a loan. So instead he changed his mind as Liverpool were happy with the loan first and then potential permanent deal.

Haven't read previous page.

We were favourites, Arsenal were favourites, but apparently we were willing to pay more towards the loan deal and 100% wages whilst Arsenal wanted to pay around £2m for the loan, less wages than us and a perminant deal garunteed.

Not sure if we will have an agreed fee in, but apparently that is the case.

Will be interesting to see how we get Sahin into the team, if he does join Liverpool, with Lucas, Allen and Gerrard the three central midfielders starting against West Brom.

Can't imagine him agreeing terms unless he was guaranteed regular football.

I heard on twitter so not reliable that Sahin loan would have cost £5 million, he wanted Arsenal because they offer Champions League football but they pulled out.

[quote name='AcidBurn']I heard on twitter so not reliable that Sahin loan would have cost £5 million, he wanted Arsenal because they offer Champions League football but they pulled out.[/QUOTE]

As I said, apparently we were willing to pay more towards the loan as Arsenal were only offering £2m and us the reported £5m, with us willing to pay his wages in full which is around £115k p/w.

That's a lot of money to pay for one season.

Those figures are mental, would end up being around £10M just for a season long loan deal :D

No idea if its true or not, but its what I have heard.

If it means we get rid of Spearing & Adam though then I am a happy man.

Would you drop Gerrard for Sahin? I would.

In my opinion paying £10 million for a player for a single season with no option to buy is worse than paying £12 million for Fletcher. Obviously I know Sahin is a very good player but that's ridiculous.

[quote name='AcidBurn']In my opinion paying £10 million for a player for a single season with no option to buy is worse than paying £12 million for Fletcher. Obviously I know Sahin is a very good player but that's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
Don't be silly :lol:

Seriously, that is mad though. For a player who missed the whole of last season and plays in a position you're already well stocked in, it seems over the top.

Anyone know if it's hardcoded that an English manager cannot become manager of Scotland on FM?

They're not stocked with anyone very good though.

Dropping Gerrard would be a big call. Not necessarily the wrong call, but none the less, a big decision to make. He's certainly nowhere near the player he was two/three seasons ago, but, on his day, can still be unplayable.

Looking at figures we have swapped Gyan 10 goals in 34 games for Fletcher who has 12 goals in 32 games.

Gyan wasn't great either, though. You made the classic mistake of buying someone off the back of a good international tournament. Anyone can look great for a month.

Thats Bruce for ya, just been announced by Lee Howey (your brother is ****) on Newcastle radio that Adam Johnson has signed for us. But im beliving nothing till its on SAFC.com..

Gyan was never an out and out goal scorer, pretty sure Bruce wanted him well before the World Cup.

I don't believe it until the club confirm it.

Apparently Steve Howey's a Mackem fan.

he is but he played for you guys so as the chant went, "Lee Howey your brother is a ****"

There's an interview with Adam Johnson saying he was a Man United fan when he was younger because of Giggs. Strange considering the debate's on twitter if he was a mackem or a mag.

i get the feeling he was more a fan of players, he said he liked Newcastle because of Ginola.

My mate just text me says AJ signed around 3pm today pending confirmation from Man City what ever that means and he will have the number 21 shirt,

Woo, Any one know if hes in time for tomorrows game?

I heard you had to be signed by midday to feature tomorrow.

Replying to previous comments. Our midfield is ****, it really is. Come on. I couldn't care less how much we are paying for Sahin. He is a top quality player who will only help us. Talks of Spearing to Bolton and loads of talk of Adam leaving. If both sales cover the Sahin deal that's an extra bonus. We lack quality beyong Lucas who is coming back from injury, Gerrard who is ageing and Allen who I actually rate very, very highly. He is a very good player!! Henderson I hope to see improvements from over the course of the season.

Damn, didn't know what the deal was with that suppose he can be given his debut in the cup against morcambe in midweek

Seen [URL="http://richardp1975.wordpress.com/2012/08/24/full-kit-*******/"]this[/URL]? Absolutely hilarious!

Edit: Ah the link has a banned word. It's the "w" one, rhymes with spankers.

[quote name='SnakeXe']Seen [URL="http://richardp1975.wordpress.com/2012/08/24/full-kit-*******/"]this[/URL]? Absolutely hilarious!

Edit: Ah the link has a banned word. It's the "w" one, rhymes with spankers.[/QUOTE]

Just love the bloke who went the whole way with the shinpads :D

[quote name='dafuge']Just love the bloke who went the whole way with the shinpads :D[/QUOTE]
I think the Suarez one wandering around the supermarket in green socks was my favourite :D

[quote name='SnakeXe']Seen [URL="http://richardp1975.wordpress.com/2012/08/24/full-kit-*******/"]this[/URL]? Absolutely hilarious!

Edit: Ah the link has a banned word. It's the "w" one, rhymes with spankers.[/QUOTE]

My favourite is the guy in the Kop with his backpack on with shorts that bairly fit and strutting his stuff. Funny as **** :lol:.

[URL="http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/reds-agree-sahin-deal"][B]Nuri Sahin[/B][/URL] :cool:

How did he get a La Liga winner's medal? He played about 130 minutes last season (according to Sid Lowe on Football Weekly). Unless all registered players get a medal in Spain and there's no minimum number of appearances...

Good signing if you forget about the finance. Presumably paying so much for the loan you must have a deal in place to make it permanent?

[quote name='SnakeXe']Good signing if you forget about the finance. Presumably paying so much for the loan you must have a deal in place to make it permanent?[/QUOTE]

Apparently not, but I having read what I have, then I would say £14m would be enough to buy him.

[quote name='SnakeXe']How did he get a La Liga winner's medal? He played about 130 minutes last season (according to Sid Lowe on Football Weekly). Unless all registered players get a medal in Spain and there's no minimum number of appearances...[/QUOTE]

I think it's all players that have played at least one minute, that's how it works here in Portugal. As far as I know only in the UK there's the whole "minimum appearances" thing.

On a different note, I got around to trolling Crouchy on my Minecraft server:

[video=youtube;15MbeAjMUfs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15MbeAjMUfs[/video]

[quote name='deltablue']That's not gone well :([/QUOTE]

How long will it take you to recover from that one?

Some woeful defending from Crewe AB.

[quote name='SRL88']Some woeful defending from Crewe AB.[/QUOTE]

I've not seen it yet, I don't really get it we shipped out the slow old lumper of a CB in the summer. The two that play together are usually reasonably solid, our manager questioned the players efforts and said they need to prove they want to play for Crewe. To be fair I expect a few good beatings this season Notts County for most of the last home match were a lot better than us, if we avoid relegation I will be happy.

Probably all paper talk but heard Sunderland want to bring Henderson back on loan, I hope not he was completely crap for us for the last 6 months.

I started my save with Egypt, Algeria, South Africa, MLS, Mexico, Japan, Australia, U.A.E, Qatar, Brazil, Argentina, England, Spain, Scotland, Turkey, Romania and New Zealand leagues loaded. I removed a lot and now have Argentina, Brazil, Spain, England, Scotland and Turkey. I was considering adding a few more leagues but a while a go there were some serious issues with this feature adding too many players eventually making the game unplayable. Anyone had any issues or added leagues and not ended up with 200,000 players after a few seasons.

We're also 1/3 favourites to sign Clint Dempsey.

where do i find how many players are in my DB and ill let you know...

Genie scout is the best option but you can tell roughly by the player search, obviously I assume it's more accurate based on your scouting knowledge.

[quote name='AcidBurn']Genie scout is the best option but you can tell roughly by the player search, obviously I assume it's more accurate based on your scouting knowledge.[/QUOTE]

according to Genie Scout i have 123k players, and ive added and removed leagues

How many did you have at the start of the save?

[quote name='AcidBurn']How many did you have at the start of the save?[/QUOTE]

1 star .