dafuge

FM Careers Forum Discussion

7,934 posts in this topic

While we are discussing this, would it be possible with the editor to make a Champions League like above?

I'm almost certain you can add continental rules and rewrite the way European competition is structured.

Well given I am in NZ that would've been all night...I just got up, no working out, have previously discussed it with mates here, the decision was, while it would be excellent, UEFA would never go for it because of the money.

Someone took my comment a little to serious.

Someone took my comment a little to serious.

It was pretty early, wasn't properly awake, am now and see the sarcasm :p

I'm almost certain you can add continental rules and rewrite the way European competition is structured.

That sounds like an idea for a thread/challenge...

I've considered it before, it's actually reasonably easy to structure but making sure the fixtures happen correctly and do not clash can be time consuming. I have always thought of remaking the top leagues in England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France so that each team can only have 3 foreign players.

:thup: Just thought of a great (sort of related) concept for an FM13 career thread. Which is good, because I didn't have any great ideas in the first place!

I know you guys don't go into GD much but have you read the if Bolt was in FM thread?

Yeah and I have chipped in with a comment or two.

I know you guys don't go into GD much but have you read the if Bolt was in FM thread?

Yes, it's pretty amusing.

While poola's ratings for his attributes are slightly ( ;) ) over the top, I don't think that you can say that he would have 1 in every attribute without seeing him play.

Yes, it's pretty amusing.

While poola's ratings for his attributes are slightly ( ;) ) over the top, I don't think that you can say that he would have 1 in every attribute without seeing him play.

He wouldn't have one but I think things like off the ball, positioning, decisions, flair, concentration, composure would not come close to double figures.

He wouldn't have one but I think things like off the ball, positioning, decisions, flair, concentration, composure would not come close to double figures.

Yeah I agree, unless of course he's actually good at playing football and we don't know it. Flair perhaps the exception in that list though, as that's a tendency and not so much a level of skill in FM.

Obertan is basically a sprinter, so if you want to see what Bolt playing football would be like, watch Obertan. Although don't because he's awful. Biggest lack of game intelligence I've ever seen, and I've seen James Coppinger and Des Hamilton play.

Obertan is basically a sprinter, so if you want to see what Bolt playing football would be like, watch Obertan. Although don't because he's awful. Biggest lack of game intelligence I've ever seen, and I've seen James Coppinger and Des Hamilton play.

James Coppinger. The FM06 legend

Sky Sports confirming Sunderland are in talks with Adam Johnson, that would be a brilliant signing for us.

I'd be sad to see him go although he does split City fan's opinion,he does deserve more action then he currently gets and would be a brilliant signing for you.

Seems like you Mackems are putting the bones of a good team together, however I would ask - where would you play Johnson? You already have two tidy wingers in McClean and Larsson, and presumably Sessegnon will play off either Fletcher or Saha. I guess it would be Larsson to drop out based on Johnson's favoured position, but then you'd miss his threat from dead balls. Personally I'd be looking at a proper pair of fullbacks first.

Apparently Larsson will move to central midfield, although I think his crosses will be missed out wide he is more creative in the middle than Cattermole and Colback. We need a left back and I wouldn't mind another CB, Gardner although not a natural RB seems to play pretty well there.

I'd be sad to see him go although he does split City fan's opinion,he does deserve more action then he currently gets and would be a brilliant signing for you.

I'm looking forward to it as long as we get him, he will get plenty of games and him cutting in from out wide and McClean crossing should be good for Saha or Fletcher.

I swear if we sign Nuri Sahin on loan today I am going to jizz in my pants.

I think its going to happen today. So tissues at the ready SRL88

Thank god you have half day it would be not be good to do that in work

I know some of you lot don't use twitter but there are some seriously idiotic fans on there obsessed with their rival clubs. You've got Newcastle fans saying AJ is rubbish, some says Newcastle need to get him and you have Sunderland fans taunting Newcastle fans about us signing them. I think some people care more about what happens at their rivals than at their own club, it's pathetic. Man City and Man United fans easily the worst though, I'm up for some banter and I dislike Newcastle and Middlesboro but these morons are absolutely pathetic.

I use twitter and you do get some right blurts on there. AJ is a great signing for Sunderland. I think you have got the makings of a decent squad there. I think you could do ok this year, I may have a little flutter on a cup run for you with a top ten finish

I've said before in here, I'm completely ambivalent towards Middlesbrough, their attempts to create a rivalry with us are pathetic. There's only two big clubs in the North East - us and Sunderland.

I also agree that the "laugh at your rivals before enjoying your own club's successes" attitude is horrendous. The Chelsea fans singing "Are you watching, WHL?" after WINNING THE CHAMPIONS BLOODY LEAGUE was laughable. Laughing at rivals is something to cheer you up when the chips are down, not the primary aspect of football supporting. Madness.

FWIW I like AJ, think he'll be a success at Sunderland, would like him at Newcastle but not for £10m/£70k per week :thup:

I know some of you lot don't use twitter but there are some seriously idiotic fans on there obsessed with their rival clubs. You've got Newcastle fans saying AJ is rubbish, some says Newcastle need to get him and you have Sunderland fans taunting Newcastle fans about us signing them. I think some people care more about what happens at their rivals than at their own club, it's pathetic. Man City and Man United fans easily the worst though, I'm up for some banter and I dislike Newcastle and Middlesboro but these morons are absolutely pathetic.

I know what you mean,as for City fans (even if I am one myself) they even fight amongst themselves,the latest being some giving abuse to a girl just because she spelt Maine Road wrong as she spelt it Main.It's kind of embarrassing but unfortunately every set of fans has some morons.The only time I'm a tit on twitter is when me and my cousin are giving each other abuse as he supports Man United so I normally classify it as family rivalry :D

I dont know mate you look at top 10 and you say, City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle, Liverpool, Everton as being in there and then I dont think Sunderland are too far away. I dont think there is then too much between a few clubs so I can see them there

I think we'll finish between 10th and 14th, obviously I'd love higher just can't see it this season.

Adam Johnson would be a cracking signing for Sunderland. I wouldnt have minded him at Liverpool.

I think we'll finish between 10th and 14th, obviously I'd love higher just can't see it this season.

I think 1st-8th speaks for itself in terms of teams, then 10th-14th is just a lottery.

You'll finish above Villa that's for sure. Some clown of a pundit had Villa finishing above us in the pre-season predictions. Lambert is a good, intelligent manager, but half their players are awful.

Andy Johnson would be a cracking signing for Sunderland. I wouldnt have minded him at Liverpool.

Not sure about this Adam Johnson but not really Andy

Not sure about this Adam Johnson but not really Andy

ohhh hush :p.

You'll finish above Villa that's for sure. Some clown of a pundit had Villa finishing above us in the pre-season predictions. Lambert is a good, intelligent manager, but half their players are awful.

Villa will finish 13th or 14th I think. Their squad has gone drastically downhill.

Why all the love for Adam Johnson? He's a one trck pony - cut in from the right and shoot. His limitations are frightening.

Why all the love for Adam Johnson? He's a one trck pony - cut in from the right and shoot. His limitations are frightening.

That is kind of what he is asked to do by Mancini. On the left he will beat a man and cross the ball and that is enough from a winger really.

Because not all of us can afford to leave 3 top class wingers out of our team every week.

That is kind of what he is asked to do by Mancini. On the left he will beat a man and cross the ball and that is enough from a winger really.

You have absolutely no idea if that is the case and are purely guessing.

I think Johnson is fairly limited as well to be honest but what he does he does very well. £10 million for Johnson or £10million for Jarvis I think I would take Johnson though.

Because not all of us can afford to leave 3 top class wingers out of our team every week.

I have no idea which team does that.

Yours could afford to, which is what I was saying. You have Nani, Young, Kagawa, Valencia, Rooney and Giggs who can have played frequently on the wing during their Man Utd careers (or previous careers in the case of Kagawa). You could leave 3 of those out of the team every week and not notice the difference. One trick is more tricks than most of the wingers have that us lesser mortals can afford. Look at Jonas, absolute hero of a player for Newcastle, but he can't shoot, pass or cross.

Adam Johnson is a good player, I don't think £10 million is a bad fee either. He can cut in and he can cross reasonably well not really sure what else you expect from a winger.

I'd say Ashley Young is relatively limited as a winger as well but still does reasonably well.

You have absolutely no idea if that is the case and are purely guessing.

You cant seriously believe that Mancini asks him to play on the right wing, which he does and expect him to stay out wide and cross the ball with his right foot when he is left footed? He is on the right hand side to cut in with Richards overlapping.

I have just got a new laptop get in. I would say Young is limited to.

I think most wingers are limited unless they are both footed.

Yours could afford to, which is what I was saying. You have Nani, Young, Kagawa, Valencia, Rooney and Giggs who can have played frequently on the wing during their Man Utd careers (or previous careers in the case of Kagawa). You could leave 3 of those out of the team every week and not notice the difference.

Yeah i'm sorry but Giggs hasn't been a winger for ten years, and Rooney and Kagawa never have and never will be wingers. We have three wingers at the club, and that is all we have had for some time.

I'd say Ashley Young is relatively limited as a winger as well but still does reasonably well.

Very much so. He's so easy to defend against and last season he really struggled as there is less space to do it in playing for United than at Villa.

You cant seriously believe that Mancini asks him to play on the right wing, which he does and expect him to stay out wide and cross the ball with his right foot when he is left footed? He is on the right hand side to cut in with Richards overlapping.

The point is that he does it every single time he gets the ball, be it for City or England. Now you're not trying to suggest he is expected to cut inside and shoot every single time he gets the ball, are you?

I would say Young is limited to.

Limited to what? I assume you meant "too", in which case you are very right.

The point is that he does it every single time he gets the ball, be it for City or England. Now you're not trying to suggest he is expected to cut inside and shoot every single time he gets the ball, are you?

I know I am a tactical genius on FM Tom, but I dont know Mancini's thinking now do I, but it is obvious to see what the main thing he wants him to do by playing him on the right.

Rooney played wide all the time when you had Ronaldo and Tevez. Giggs has played wide far more recently than 2002 (this summer in fact), and Kagawa frequently played wide for Dortmund next season.

Regardles, the point still stands that you have unrealistic expectations of players based on the fact that you have been supporting a highly successful team with many excellent wide players. A one-trick winger would be a fantastic winger for 75% of the Premier League clubs.

Hmmmm.... having some issues moving my San Marino save over to my new laptop.