A Player You Just Can't Make a Team Without?

So, i just started like my 6th or 7th savegame for FM09 with Hoffenhaim, and YET AGAIN, i bought Robert Lewandowski.

I first used Napoli in the demo and played Lech in UEFA, with Lewandowski scoring against me and playing well, i bought him 2 days later, only to have him play against Lech on the 2nd leg and score 2 goals. Ever since i just can't imagine my team without him, whichever team.

I had him on my Colchester savegame twice, re-buying him after i left for Fiorentina, Inter, At. Madrid, Ajax etc. He was a DEADLY goal-scorer, up until the third patch, in which i think SI weakened him a bit, since he isn't scoring as much, but i will still buy him anywhere i go.

Do you have any such particular player?

A player I've had a couple of times is Breno, the Brazilian CB who is at Bayern. I had him on FM08 and he was great for me so on my FM09 save I bought him again - even better this time around.

Apart from that, I do try and buy different players on different saves - otherwise, like said before, you end up with the same team all the time.

I always buy Lewandowski as well.

If I'm fairly wealthy I tend to buy Saivet, of course. Midtable to Euro teams should always try Michael Owen if you can afford his wages.

Rat is a good LB and is for sale at the beginning of the game. Small / Midtable teams can use him as a first teamer and remains good even as a backup once you've bought a world-class team.

Alexis Sanchez. He is great even in the first season. Futhermore he is still a wonderkid and with the training schedule I give him plus quite a number of first team appearances, his stats increased a lot. Always look for him.

has to be Miquel Veloso, pick him up from Sporting for about $15M for every big team I manager, for my LLM teams it is Scott Jamieson (i think that's his name, having a mind-blank) a striker from Basingstoke, normally I can get him for about $10k and he hits about 20+ goals a season until League 2 level where he falls apart, but I still keep him in the reserves for nostalgia.

Laurito is a God so yes him always.

I agree with people saying you need new players or just end up with the same team ^^, however Sahko is too good. I always tend to buy him, I try not to sign him but 2 or 3 seasons down I still do, and pay crazy amounts for him...

So, i just started like my 6th or 7th savegame for FM09 with Hoffenhaim, and YET AGAIN, i bought Robert Lewandowski.

I first used Napoli in the demo and played Lech in UEFA, with Lewandowski scoring against me and playing well, i bought him 2 days later, only to have him play against Lech on the 2nd leg and score 2 goals. Ever since i just can't imagine my team without him, whichever team.

how is this possible? he's already been registered to play for Lech in the UEFA cup?

Frederico Laurito get s my vote as well....

picture3fkg.png

I agreed a £5m deal for him in January but didn't have the funds to complete the move... By the time to summer came there was a bidding war and ended having to shell out £55 mil for him. Even still he's been worth every penny... )The above stats don't include euro or cup goals)

Although I've never yet made him work in any team so far I've always bought Mads Albæk, slow, 1 footed, but the stats just look so good! Another dud seems to be Marek Suchy as he's constantly depressed and never performs like it says he should, but... after a few years teams like Chelsea and Barcelona fall over themselves to buy him and I gladly oblige!

He was always a must-buy in 07, but I've not seen much of him in 08 or 09.

Cardenas is nowhere near as good in 09 as previous versions. When he was a 16yr old he often turned out world class!

Lavezzi, I dunno how he keeps doing it but he scores so many goals. He even got 30+goals a season. For someone with 13 finishing hes great and works well in a big man little man partnership because of his high crossing ability

Gonzalo Barreto.

Sign him for 300k - 700k at the beggining of the game and in a few years you can easily sell him for 30+million. Guarentees you goals :)

He has been linked with Arsenal in real life.

i cant belive that diego buonotte hasnt been said yet i always buy him he is an awesome player.

Yeah he's another one but i find his performances are hit by his size considering he is centre midfielder/attacking midfielder. 5 foot 3 is quite short lol.

Breno is so awesome I bought him for 3 different teams, Vermaelean is another great CB (he'll be ridiculous now the goons have him) who I've had in 3 different teams (only bought him twice, he was at one club I joined). Loris is a great keeper I can never resist, especially given that most keepers regardless of skill are hit or miss (for me) and hes always been reliable.

I can tell im a bit of a noob compared 2 sum ppl on here, but compared 2 my m8's im a god on it lol.

4 me even tho ive only played a few seasons (but i am man city with £millions lol)

It has 2 be Srna and i cant believe no1 has mentioned (even tho i aint read every post) vargas who i play lb, he is ****ing amazing and class at freekicks.

Davide santon at rb who is on his way 2 being a great replacement for srna cus srna is 30 now on my current game, messi if u have the money, i got him on a £40m but out clause lol and last but not least if u haven't got much money, i got him at bout £8.5m i think pogrebnyak striker, he is lethal in the air and pretty good on the ground.

EDIT............am i the only 1 or do other ppl's scouts not find them sum rly good to class youths? especially in south america.

Just remembered also when i loaded up my game Diarra the 1 from p'mouth, u can get him for £5m and he still starts for france and mancity after 5seasons!!!!

Archived