My huge problem

In the space of three weeks I find myself starting a fourth Chelsea save (three due to coming third and being sacked, one due to a crashed PC). However, before I start again, I'd really like some help. What am I lacking? What is needed to overcome Man United and Arsenal who seem to be untouchable. Before you all say it, I know that I'm an incompetant manager so please don't take the mick at my failings with Chelsea. I just find it so much harder than 08, on which I won 11 consecutive titles. I'm going to show you my plans so that you might be able to help me: everyone else seems to win league titles with unbeaten seasons so I'm sure you can help.

I usually sell:

Out

Anelka 27 Million

Malouda 12.25 million

J.Cole 21.5 million

Essien 41 million

Magnay 150,000 pounds

Kalou 5 million

Hilario 975,000 pounds

Mancienne 2.5 million

Deco out on loan

Ivanovic 15 million

Carvalho 20 million

Alex 12.75 million

P.Ferreira 2.8 million

F.Ferreira 140,000 pounds

Ballack 10.5 million

di Santo 3.5 million

Mineiro 275000 pounds

Beletti 5 million

This comes up to around 140 million added to the 37 million gives me 170 million to spend.

My squad at first glance usually consists of:

Cech, Bosingwa, Terry, A.Cole, Lampard, Mikel, Quaresma and Drogba

and I tend to sign some of these players:

In

Saivet

Zhirkov

Matias Fernandez

Hamsik

Diego

Enyeama

Balotelli

Fazio

Radoi

Vagner Love

Tevez

Veloso

Fleck

Gago

Srna

Beckham

So, where am I going wrong? I don't really like Zhirkov because his finishing is only 9 so he screws up a lot of chances. I never seem to get the dizzy heights that others have out of Lampard, his best tally was 25 with 11 pens. I find it hard to win away and when I lose/draw at home it ends up costing me the league. I won a Champions League in my first save but then promptly lost it. I tend to play 451 with wingers and Love up front alone. Please help!

Many, many thanks

Messi

Your players are in general inconsistent, individually lacking in key areas, and follow no holistic team plan. For example Balotelli will never have the movement to benefit from Beckham or Fernandez while Tevez cannot score and Fleck is inconsistent. Veloso does not have the physique to cover for your attacking players despite his mental quality and only Zhirkov, Tevez and Balotelli can grind out results from nowhere.

Your team is superficially strong but fundamentally weak. It is a collection of small groups that will require tactical mastery to develop into an entire unit and even then may not perform consistently. The very players you sold are the exact requirements to win leagues.

I don't know anything about the players' attributes but you change the entire team, buying a bunch of players from different football cultures. That alone will cost you. Your first task as the manager is to convince your players you can do the job. The last thing they need to know is that you can sell anybody at any moment.

Chelsea has pretty good squad (a couple players here and there may help) that played together for a while, so team gelling should not be long. All you need is to come up with decent tactic that would help you win a few matches.

In the space of three weeks I find myself starting a fourth Chelsea save (three due to coming third and being sacked, one due to a crashed PC). However, before I start again, I'd really like some help. What am I lacking? What is needed to overcome Man United and Arsenal who seem to be untouchable. Before you all say it, I know that I'm an incompetant manager so please don't take the mick at my failings with Chelsea. I just find it so much harder than 08, on which I won 11 consecutive titles. I'm going to show you my plans so that you might be able to help me: everyone else seems to win league titles with unbeaten seasons so I'm sure you can help.

I usually sell:

Out

Anelka 27 Million

Malouda 12.25 million

J.Cole 21.5 million

Essien 41 million

Magnay 150,000 pounds

Kalou 5 million

Hilario 975,000 pounds

Mancienne 2.5 million

Deco out on loan

Ivanovic 15 million

Carvalho 20 million

Alex 12.75 million

P.Ferreira 2.8 million

F.Ferreira 140,000 pounds

Ballack 10.5 million

di Santo 3.5 million

Mineiro 275000 pounds

Beletti 5 million

This comes up to around 140 million added to the 37 million gives me 170 million to spend.

My squad at first glance usually consists of:

Cech, Bosingwa, Terry, A.Cole, Lampard, Mikel, Quaresma and Drogba

and I tend to sign some of these players:

In

Saivet

Zhirkov

Matias Fernandez

Hamsik

Diego

Enyeama

Balotelli

Fazio

Radoi

Vagner Love

Tevez

Veloso

Fleck

Gago

Srna

Beckham

So, where am I going wrong? I don't really like Zhirkov because his finishing is only 9 so he screws up a lot of chances. I never seem to get the dizzy heights that others have out of Lampard, his best tally was 25 with 11 pens. I find it hard to win away and when I lose/draw at home it ends up costing me the league. I won a Champions League in my first save but then promptly lost it. I tend to play 451 with wingers and Love up front alone. Please help!

Many, many thanks

Messi

Your tean will tend too be inconsistant because of the lack of team blend. Try and adopt an approach where you tend too make use of players and not just sell them. Keep first team players such as Ballack, Anelka and co and bring in a couple of players with similar personalities too your overall squad personality (can be found in team in team information). As well there are lots of helpful tips in this thread.

Archived