Club Coefficients

Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug or that I just don't understand the coefficient system. I did the quadruple with Liverpool which included winning the Champions League and this was the final coefficient table for that year:

1st - Chelsea - 41.657

2nd Liverpool (Me!) - 34.657

3rd - Man United - 32.657

4th - Barcelona - 24.771

5th - Arsenal - 34.657

Neither Chelsea nor Arsenal played in the Champions League. Chelsea won the Uefa Cup (Or whatever it's called) and Arsenal Lost in the semis of the same competition. How can Chelsea have more points and Arsenal the same points as me when I thought the Champions League had a greater weighting and I won the bloody thing!!??

Our respective records in the competitions:

Liverpool W9 D3 L1

Chelsea W12 D1 L2

Arsenal W10 D2 L2

Can anyone shed any light?

Cheers

I have noticed this in my long term game as well, the UEFA Cup winners seem to get much higher coefficients, I have played to the Quarterfinals of the UEFA Cup four times running and always been in the top 10 of the Coefficients because of these results, not sure why the UEFA Cup gets higher though. may be a bug.

I'm guessing it's because the UEFA Cup has more matches than the Champions League(?), and so more points can be gotten from there.

Since points are given for reaching every round of the competition, so more rounds = more points.

Archived