Global League

kingmike666

I'm putting together a Global League for entertainment value. I've done alot of the work (to the point where it works!).

The replaced league is the Turkish league - reasons being that:

a) There's £100k in prize money for each win

b)There are rules around the number of foreign players allowed in each match day squad meaning each club keeps choosing from it's domestic player base (maximum 6 foreigners in starting 11 and maximum 8 foreigners in match-day squad - you should see the team chelsea & Arsenal field!)

c) The lower leagues are split into groups which i have used to seperate teams from different continents.

The leagues at present are:

Global League Premier Division

AC Milan (Italy)

Ajax (Holland)

Arsenal (England)

Barcelona (Spain)

Boca Juniors (Argentina)

Chelsea (England)

Chivas (Mexico)

FC Bayern (Germany)

Inter (Italy)

Liverpool (England)

Man Utd (England)

Lyon (France)

Porto (Portugal)

Real Madrid (Spain)

River Plate (Argentina)

Roma (Italy)

Sao Paulo (Brazil)

Valencia (Spain)

Global League First Division

Anderlecht (Belgium)

Ath. Madrid (Spain)

Benfica (Portugal)

Celtic (Scotland)

Fenerbahce (Turkey)

Flamengo (Brazil)

Galatasaray (Turkey)

Juventus (Italy)

Lazio (Italy)

LA Galaxy (USA)

Mareilles (France)

Palmeiras (Brazil)

Paris SG (France)

Rangers (Scotland)

Schalke (Germany)

Sevilla (Spain)

Spartak Moscow (Russia)

Urawa Reds (Japan)

Global League Second Division Euro Group 1

CSKA Sofia (Bulgaria)

CSKA Moscow (Russia)

Deportivo (Spain)

Fiorentina (Italy)

Goteborg (Sweden)

Leverkusen (Germany)

Newcastle (England)

Olympiakos (Greece)

Sporting Lisbon (Portugal)

Tottenham (England)

Global League Second Division Euro Group 2

Aston Villa (England)

Besiktas (Turkey)

Hearts (Scotland)

Manchester City (England)

Palermo (Italy)

Panathinaikos (Greece)

PSV (Holland)

Rosenborg (Norway)

Stuttgart (Germany)

Villareal (Spain)

Global League Second Division Americas Group

Botafogo (Brazil)

Colo Colo (Chile)

Corinthians (Brazil)

Cruz Azul (Mexico)

Cruzeiro (Brazil)

D.C. United (U.S.A)

Necaxa (Mexico)

New York Red Bulls (U.S.A)

Santos (Brazil)

Vélez Sarsfield (Argentina)

Global League Second Division Asia & Australia Group

Adelaide Utd (Australia)

Antlers (Japan)

Dalian (China)

F Marinos (Japan)

Gamba (Japan)

Melbourne Victory (Australia)

Seongnam (S Korea)

Seol (S Korea)

Shangdong (China)

Sydney FC (Australia

Global League Second Division African Group

Al-Ahly (Egypt)

AshantiGold (Ghana)

Enyimba (Nigeria)

Etoile du Sahel (Tunisia)

Hearts of Oak (Ghana)

Kaizer Chiefs (S Africa)

Orlando Pirates (S Africa)

Raja Casblanca (Morocco)

Sundowns (S Africa)

Zamalek (Egypt)

I have also chosen a group of teams (mostly european to go in the lower league group for future promotion.

Does anybody else have any suggestions for my Global League? I know that it's not neccessarily the order of the best teams in the world but I've tried to get a good mixture of countries and continents.

I also created an award for the 'Emerging Young Player' with the award annualy for the player aged 18 or under with the most improved ability (or reputation, i forget, but it works!)

Anybody be interested in a copy of the database once any further additions are created?

I'm putting together a Global League for entertainment value. I've done alot of the work (to the point where it works!).

The replaced league is the Turkish league - reasons being that:

a) There's £100k in prize money for each win

b)There are rules around the number of foreign players allowed in each match day squad meaning each club keeps choosing from it's domestic player base (maximum 6 foreigners in starting 11 and maximum 8 foreigners in match-day squad - you should see the team chelsea & Arsenal field!)

c) The lower leagues are split into groups which i have used to seperate teams from different continents.

The leagues at present are:

Global League Premier Division

AC Milan (Italy)

Ajax (Holland)

Arsenal (England)

Barcelona (Spain)

Boca Juniors (Argentina)

Chelsea (England)

Chivas (Mexico)

FC Bayern (Germany)

Inter (Italy)

Liverpool (England)

Man Utd (England)

Lyon (France)

Porto (Portugal)

Real Madrid (Spain)

River Plate (Argentina)

Roma (Italy)

Sao Paulo (Brazil)

Valencia (Spain)

Global League First Division

Anderlecht (Belgium)

Ath. Madrid (Spain)

Benfica (Portugal)

Celtic (Scotland)

Fenerbahce (Turkey)

Flamengo (Brazil)

Galatasaray (Turkey)

Juventus (Italy)

Lazio (Italy)

LA Galaxy (USA)

Mareilles (France)

Palmeiras (Brazil)

Paris SG (France)

Rangers (Scotland)

Schalke (Germany)

Sevilla (Spain)

Spartak Moscow (Russia)

Urawa Reds (Japan)

Global League Second Division Euro Group 1

CSKA Sofia (Bulgaria)

CSKA Moscow (Russia)

Deportivo (Spain)

Fiorentina (Italy)

Goteborg (Sweden)

Leverkusen (Germany)

Newcastle (England)

Olympiakos (Greece)

Sporting Lisbon (Portugal)

Tottenham (England)

Global League Second Division Euro Group 2

Aston Villa (England)

Besiktas (Turkey)

Hearts (Scotland)

Manchester City (England)

Palermo (Italy)

Panathinaikos (Greece)

PSV (Holland)

Rosenborg (Norway)

Stuttgart (Germany)

Villareal (Spain)

Global League Second Division Americas Group

Botafogo (Brazil)

Colo Colo (Chile)

Corinthians (Brazil)

Cruz Azul (Mexico)

Cruzeiro (Brazil)

D.C. United (U.S.A)

Necaxa (Mexico)

New York Red Bulls (U.S.A)

Santos (Brazil)

Vélez Sarsfield (Argentina)

Global League Second Division Asia & Australia Group

Adelaide Utd (Australia)

Antlers (Japan)

Dalian (China)

F Marinos (Japan)

Gamba (Japan)

Melbourne Victory (Australia)

Seongnam (S Korea)

Seol (S Korea)

Shangdong (China)

Sydney FC (Australia

Global League Second Division African Group

Al-Ahly (Egypt)

AshantiGold (Ghana)

Enyimba (Nigeria)

Etoile du Sahel (Tunisia)

Hearts of Oak (Ghana)

Kaizer Chiefs (S Africa)

Orlando Pirates (S Africa)

Raja Casblanca (Morocco)

Sundowns (S Africa)

Zamalek (Egypt)

I have also chosen a group of teams (mostly european to go in the lower league group for future promotion.

Does anybody else have any suggestions for my Global League? I know that it's not neccessarily the order of the best teams in the world but I've tried to get a good mixture of countries and continents.

I also created an award for the 'Emerging Young Player' with the award annualy for the player aged 18 or under with the most improved ability (or reputation, i forget, but it works!)

Anybody be interested in a copy of the database once any further additions are created?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BP_Doosra:

Just a question about the domestic players:

Which nation is counted as the domestic nation, is it Turkey or is it simply the nation that the team is from?

Other than that it looks good. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would be Turkey but it doesnt matter since from 8.02 regens are created in accordance to club locatiojmn (stadium location) isntead of club nationality.

The problem is prize money

First of all the first division prize money isnt high enough but more importantly all the lower division clubs will become poor, lose all there good players and then you will have some really bad teams down there and not top class teams liek you do at the start.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the feedback guys. In answer to some of the questions

1. It is done in 8.0.2

2. The home nation is the nation the country is from, so if you're Man U for example your matchday squad of 16 can have 8 foreigners in it, the other 8 must be from the UK. Thus domestic player development is very much encouraged.

3. The turkih league does swap, I haven't holidayed through a few seasons but I have reached the end of a full season whilst playing with no problems.

4. The prize money and TV revenues are poor in the lower divisions, but in light of this the ticket *****es and attendances have been altered accordingly. And the rich clubs cann ot buy ALL the good players, as they are required to have a certain number of deomestic players, so maybe each country will have only a couple of 'big' clubs, but no one country is likely do obtain dominance. Europe's money Vs South America's talent.

5. There is a champions league, however this is likely to be won by one of the 'Global League' qualifying clubs, although there are still some decent teams in each league. it's reputations is also lower so it counts for less.

I will do some editing to the ticket prices and attendaces this weekend, then unless anybody has further suggestions I will post it, after a test, sometime next week.

Quick note - at the end of season 1 - without ticket prices etc changed - Sao Paulo won the Premier division with Chelsea second. Roma, Ajax and River were relegated.

Wouldn't have expected to Sao Paulo to beat Chelsea, AC Milan, Barcelona, Man Utd, Inter etc. Guess the South American talent took round 1.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

So it works with the club's nation set to something different from the league's nation? I thought that screwed up reserve/youth competitions and also cup competitions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

These are things I'm testing. It does work with having the club's nation set to something different - however this does also get rid of U18's/Reserves. What I have tested it putting Reserve teams in the second tier of domestic competitions for the clubs' respective countries. I've only done it for the English sides at present, but it works so may create them for all the clubs.

However, it does, as you say, mess up the entries for the domestic cup. Some teams are drawn in it, some teams aren't. Also the 'Lower League' teams from which promotion is established do seem to need to be Turkish in order for it to work, a all the clubs promoted in my 'test' season were Turkish, despite them all being replaced in the 'Lower League' section.

It may well be that this isn't viable, I don't know. I may look at other leagues/League structures - it's a shame because it's made for a really tough league where every team loses plenty of games. And all the clubs from each country have spent big buying the best 'domestic' players.

The relegation/promotion problem is a big one IMHO. All teams that promote will be turkish, and the teams that are relegated will never spring back up again.

For a Global League I guess Scotland is the best bet (because no one is relegated to lower divisions), although it has the problem of work permits limiting the foreigners you can buy (which can be bypassed by setting all countries to EEC).

Archived