I simply can not understand this

Why playing away is so hard.

This game is not as it should be playing home is no challenge at all you can set what ever tactic you want and be able to win but away is completely different, I cannot understand why I must change shape of my tactic to play away cause playing with one man upfront cannot make any good away from home. I do not want to play 442 away I wan to play 4231 which I regularly play at home and doing excellent with it but playing away I cannot develop my game.

I hope You understood what I meant to say.

P.S. sorry for the bad English

Why playing away is so hard.

This game is not as it should be playing home is no challenge at all you can set what ever tactic you want and be able to win but away is completely different, I cannot understand why I must change shape of my tactic to play away cause playing with one man upfront cannot make any good away from home. I do not want to play 442 away I wan to play 4231 which I regularly play at home and doing excellent with it but playing away I cannot develop my game.

I hope You understood what I meant to say.

P.S. sorry for the bad English

I have reason to believe when you play away ... then it is 6% more difficult than playing at home

Playing away from home is always going to be harder than playing in front of your own fans. I always play a bit more defensive whilst playing away from games, as the emphasis on attack is always from the home team.

You need to read up about individual instructions I reckon, as maybe this is letting you down. ie - are you telling your DM to hold up the ball?.

@SAFC1 - If you cant post any helpful, maybe its best if you dont post at all.

Firs of all thank you for your replies. I wanted to say that in this game if you want to achieve success playing away this game forces you to play 442 formation (at least IMO). IRL teams when play away they mostly use 451 but in this game it is could not make an successful 451 formation.

I think the main problem is in keeping the ball after winning it by defending. When playing with one upfront the defensive players and the midfielders should try to keep the ball little longer in possession to give time your other players to go up the pitch and then try to pass it onto them. Also the GK distribution is in most cases when playing away only giving the ball to opposition so that they can start another attack.

Please note that these are my subjective observations and may not be fully correct.

I have reason to believe when you play away ... then it is 6% more difficult than playing at home

That's not quite how I understood it. I think it's that playing away is ~6% harder than it should be. But anyway, playing away is hard, and rightly so. Very very few teams perform better away than at home.

If you're using a 4-2-3-1, perhaps drop your wingers back to the MR/L positions. That way, you'll still keep essentially the same shape, but they'll help out more defensively.

Archived