I'm Sorry but it has to be said...

Now I've been playing Champ or it's present incarnation as FM since the bloody 90s and I'm not joking you guys at SI have to realise that there are LOADS of issues on this game which I hope are sorted on 8.02.

Now to be clear I am a FM addict, I love the game I thought last year was supurb, a quick match engine and a FAIR role of the dice for both the player and the PC, but now the ball firmly drops towards the PC. For example, one game I played I managed Mexico for 7 odd seasons. Now I don't know too much about the Gold Cup teams, but one thing I do know is that if Mexico played Cuba in a Gold Cup Final there would be ONLY one winner, FM scored this 2-0 to Cuba.

When it comes to Cup Finals whichever team is in the home spot is considered by the PC to be the Home team(actually says 'home team win' on Cup Finals) and thus has the home advantage in the big cup finals. I would site Man U and Arsenal, as being made TOO strong by the PC, again without fail Man U gain the advantage on Pens, sending offs, dissalowed goals(you always get one of them against them), and as an FM player you would like to know if good enough you can be the Alex Ferguson of your game, but come on SI when you've come 2nd for 8 seasons on one game you start to ask questions of the game, and when your 15 points off Man U in January despite spending 70 million(as Chelsea) you do have to ask what does one have to do to succed on this game?(legally). Now I could go on, but here are some areas SI have to sort out outside of the Match Engine issues, the fact the 8.01 patch reduced the number of goals going in shows that there was an issue as to the match games and I don't think it's there yet, I hope 8.02 sorts the balance out. Don't get me wrong, I'm a ****ing don of FM and I'm the first one to get the game when it comes out but don't ruin this wonderful game SI!

i) The game is too slow. On previous versions of FM I've managed up to 2040, (I like to carry games on), I played to 2017 on this and it got to the point you could make a cup of tea between weeks it was so slow, and in the end the game died on the June 19th season update on 2019. Going back to the start I found it was still too slow, come on SI do we really want to sit watching the processor bar for hours on end? We ALL want to play games no? Some of us like to progress past our presently **** England team, are we saying 2019 is the cut off point?

ii) The two player match option is non starter. When playing another real manager on FM, from time to time you will spy on your opponent to watch tactics or style of management, on this FM as I've mentioned on postings if you watch another managers' match, when they go to tactics the game slows to a crawl and the only way to get match speed to full is for the watching manager to leave the game, hence no point in watching. Every FM besides this one has been able to view other managers' games without slow down or effect to the game engine, and watching your rival lose on penalties to Burnley in the Coca Cola is a proper pleasure, especially if you're doing ****!

iii) The Skin. Enough said, please download Steklo, probably the best skin FM has ever had, hats off Mr Dixon...

iv) The game is far too weighted towards the PC over the human manager, all oI have to say is MAN U in the Charity Shield, they play like ****ing Brazil 70 every time you play them.

If you can get these issues sorted on 8.02 the game would be back on track for me anyway. there have been so many problems this year with FMF files and dodgy error versions such as the original FM 8.0, I'm thinking next year to buy in January so as to avoid playing a **** version of FM, it's your own fault as the previous versions were quality, we expect it to be the best game on the market and I get the impression most people are a little disappointed with FM 08 and now we're starting to get patches and the FMF uncoder are things starting to look up...There are so many quality improvements such as the International management area much improved, match analysis and submit team options etc, but could we not have those with FM 08, to make it as quick as it used to be even on fm 07. Still love the game SI but just thought I wanted to have my say, the line between success and failure it be small they say...

Cheers

Moskollo

Now I've been playing Champ or it's present incarnation as FM since the bloody 90s and I'm not joking you guys at SI have to realise that there are LOADS of issues on this game which I hope are sorted on 8.02.

Now to be clear I am a FM addict, I love the game I thought last year was supurb, a quick match engine and a FAIR role of the dice for both the player and the PC, but now the ball firmly drops towards the PC. For example, one game I played I managed Mexico for 7 odd seasons. Now I don't know too much about the Gold Cup teams, but one thing I do know is that if Mexico played Cuba in a Gold Cup Final there would be ONLY one winner, FM scored this 2-0 to Cuba.

When it comes to Cup Finals whichever team is in the home spot is considered by the PC to be the Home team(actually says 'home team win' on Cup Finals) and thus has the home advantage in the big cup finals. I would site Man U and Arsenal, as being made TOO strong by the PC, again without fail Man U gain the advantage on Pens, sending offs, dissalowed goals(you always get one of them against them), and as an FM player you would like to know if good enough you can be the Alex Ferguson of your game, but come on SI when you've come 2nd for 8 seasons on one game you start to ask questions of the game, and when your 15 points off Man U in January despite spending 70 million(as Chelsea) you do have to ask what does one have to do to succed on this game?(legally). Now I could go on, but here are some areas SI have to sort out outside of the Match Engine issues, the fact the 8.01 patch reduced the number of goals going in shows that there was an issue as to the match games and I don't think it's there yet, I hope 8.02 sorts the balance out. Don't get me wrong, I'm a ****ing don of FM and I'm the first one to get the game when it comes out but don't ruin this wonderful game SI!

i) The game is too slow. On previous versions of FM I've managed up to 2040, (I like to carry games on), I played to 2017 on this and it got to the point you could make a cup of tea between weeks it was so slow, and in the end the game died on the June 19th season update on 2019. Going back to the start I found it was still too slow, come on SI do we really want to sit watching the processor bar for hours on end? We ALL want to play games no? Some of us like to progress past our presently **** England team, are we saying 2019 is the cut off point?

ii) The two player match option is non starter. When playing another real manager on FM, from time to time you will spy on your opponent to watch tactics or style of management, on this FM as I've mentioned on postings if you watch another managers' match, when they go to tactics the game slows to a crawl and the only way to get match speed to full is for the watching manager to leave the game, hence no point in watching. Every FM besides this one has been able to view other managers' games without slow down or effect to the game engine, and watching your rival lose on penalties to Burnley in the Coca Cola is a proper pleasure, especially if you're doing ****!

iii) The Skin. Enough said, please download Steklo, probably the best skin FM has ever had, hats off Mr Dixon...

iv) The game is far too weighted towards the PC over the human manager, all oI have to say is MAN U in the Charity Shield, they play like ****ing Brazil 70 every time you play them.

If you can get these issues sorted on 8.02 the game would be back on track for me anyway. there have been so many problems this year with FMF files and dodgy error versions such as the original FM 8.0, I'm thinking next year to buy in January so as to avoid playing a **** version of FM, it's your own fault as the previous versions were quality, we expect it to be the best game on the market and I get the impression most people are a little disappointed with FM 08 and now we're starting to get patches and the FMF uncoder are things starting to look up...There are so many quality improvements such as the International management area much improved, match analysis and submit team options etc, but could we not have those with FM 08, to make it as quick as it used to be even on fm 07. Still love the game SI but just thought I wanted to have my say, the line between success and failure it be small they say...

Cheers

Moskollo

yup, i have to agree to a certain degree that when it comes down to domestic/WC/Euros/CL/UEFA Cup finals and you are listed as the 'away' team, you really don't stand a chance. It makes you think what's the point in it being on neutral ground!

Slower than FM08? Yup, I agree here. I actually managed to make a coupple slices of toast and a cup of coffee, and it was still processing - and it's got sod all to do with my 2.7ghz dual core processor! Saying that, I can't see the problem with 2-player games.

Skins - Not really a fan of Steklo's, or any of the dark skins, which seem to be in an abundance.. I much prefer the default (good work SI!), and Dds v2.1.

As for the verbal abuse at the end - no need. But we all know what you're going through... I hoping SI have sorted out the main bugs, eg: Parent/Feeder club bug for Ukraine & Scotland (yes it happens to lower league teams in Caledonia), the Spanish registration bug needs to be adressed as I want to get back to my Sevilla file which is in 2017. And finally some of the minor issues with the actual match day engine... Thats all!icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moskollo:

Now I've been playing Champ or it's present incarnation as FM since the bloody 90s and I'm not joking you guys at SI have to realise that there are LOADS of issues on this game which I hope are sorted on 8.02. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why people feel the need to start every rant by pointing out that they've been playing this game since before computers were invented I don't know. FM08 is different to FM07, which was different to FM06, which was different to FM05 and so on. So how long you've been playing for is irrelavent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Now to be clear I am a FM addict, I love the game I thought last year was supurb, a quick match engine and a FAIR role of the dice for both the player and the PC, but now the ball firmly drops towards the PC. For example, one game I played I managed Mexico for 7 odd seasons. Now I don't know too much about the Gold Cup teams, but one thing I do know is that if Mexico played Cuba in a Gold Cup Final there would be ONLY one winner, FM scored this 2-0 to Cuba. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So lets be clear about this. You're saying that because you're the better team you should win, simple as that. You want a Top Trumps type of game where you're player ability is compared directly to thier player ability and a score is instantly generated based on that, missing out everything else in-between? Doesn't sound like much fun to me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When it comes to Cup Finals whichever team is in the home spot is considered by the PC to be the Home team(actually says 'home team win' on Cup Finals) and thus has the home advantage in the big cup finals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This might actually be the only part of your whole rant that holds some interest. I can't say I've noticed this but it may be worth looking into. Why not do some proper research on this and come back with some results to help you build a constructive argument. I doubt SI's programmers are syupid enough to not turn off home advantage for games played on neutral ground, but you never know.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I would site Man U and Arsenal, as being made TOO strong by the PC, again without fail Man U gain the advantage on Pens, sending offs, dissalowed goals(you always get one of them against them), </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rubbish. The AI does not cheat you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> and as an FM player you would like to know if good enough you can be the Alex Ferguson of your game, but come on SI when you've come 2nd for 8 seasons on one game you start to ask questions of the game, and when your 15 points off Man U in January despite spending 70 million(as Chelsea) you do have to ask what does one have to do to succed on this game?(legally). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plenty of people have won plenty of leagues so if you're coming second every season then it's not because the AI is cheating you. It's probably because you haven't been able to develop a good enough tactic to push on and win the league. Something like improved feedback may help you with this but that's another issue.

Spending £70 million in one season would not guarantee you success in real life so why should it in FM. Notice all the top clubs also have top managers, maybe that's where you're going wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i) The game is too slow. On previous versions of FM I've managed up to 2040, (I like to carry games on), I played to 2017 on this and it got to the point you could make a cup of tea between weeks it was so slow, and in the end the game died on the June 19th season update on 2019. Going back to the start I found it was still too slow, come on SI do we really want to sit watching the processor bar for hours on end? We ALL want to play games no? Some of us like to progress past our presently **** England team, are we saying 2019 is the cut off point? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you by any chance running more leagues or a larger database than you were in FM07? I ask because I've notice little if any difference between the speeds on FM07 and FM08, and I run slightly more leagues now than I did then. That combined with the quicker loading and saving times speeds the game up for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ii) The two player match option is non starter. When playing another real manager on FM, from time to time you will spy on your opponent to watch tactics or style of management, on this FM as I've mentioned on postings if you watch another managers' match, when they go to tactics the game slows to a crawl and the only way to get match speed to full is for the watching manager to leave the game, hence no point in watching. Every FM besides this one has been able to view other managers' games without slow down or effect to the game engine, and watching your rival lose on penalties to Burnley in the Coca Cola is a proper pleasure, especially if you're doing ****! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't played a two player game so can't comment on this one. You might have a valid point here. If so do something that might actually get it improved for the next game. Check if it's already been raised in the bugs forum and if it hasn't then raise it in there where it'll get looked at by the right people.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">iii) The Skin. Enough said, please download Steklo, probably the best skin FM has ever had, hats off Mr Dixon... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't heard anyone complain about the skin since the game was first released. Most people have happily got used to it or downloaded an alternative as there are plenty to choose from. So it's hardly a big issue is it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">iv) The game is far too weighted towards the PC over the human manager, all oI have to say is MAN U in the Charity Shield, they play like ****ing Brazil 70 every time you play them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, rubbish. The game does not distinguish between AI and human controlled teams. The AI does not cheat you. If you can't beat them then it's your fault.

I'm not denying there are issues with the game but none of the things mentioned here are proper issues for me, and they certainly aren't raised in a way that might help get something done about them. This is just another rant by someone who thinks they should be excellent at the game because they first played it on the Amiga, but actually isn't that good but can't accept it may be their own fault thay can't win. Obviously the AI must be cheating them, but not cheating the plenty of people who can win things icon_rolleyes.gif

yes fm08 does seem very slow compared to previos versions

man utd do always do well but they do in real life so no probs there

and i never win cup finals if i get to them listed home or away seems i can be winning 1-0 with 5 mins to go and still lose 2-1 worst case i was winning 3-0 with 8 mins to go i lose 4-3 how the hell

4-2-4 works to well for computer teams but never for you

game is so much harder to win games in now so i have lost a lot of interest still think they could make a difficulty lvls in game (but will never happen apart from being to hard to encode)

I agree, load of pump and am going back to FM07. Lots of you go on about just because your finding it hard............ Well no, just unrealistic. Premier league teams beaten by part timers please, and its not the one off occasion. Compare a race, man on a bicycle against a man in a Veyron. Nope dont agree. Too many high score draws or high score wins. Keeping a clean sheet, they must not of heard of this saying when they made this monstrosity.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why people feel the need to start every rant by pointing out that they've been playing this game since before computers were invented I don't know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably to avoid comebacks like, "This is what the game's always been like and you're just not used to it" or some such. But, I agree, it gets tiresome.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daveyclark:

How about in the new patch fixing the White Screen problem!!!

I still havent been able to even play FM08 yet!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Strange. I've been happily playing my version of FM since it was released and have not encountered any white screen problem. Are you sure it's nothing to do with your PC?

Have you deleted all FM related files from all parts of your PC and tried again?

Ye, definately nothing to do with my laptop, its brand new and more than capable of playing it.

Tried clean re install, still get the bloody white screen upon start-up.

Loads of people have got it, very common problem, if you search for "white screen" in the forum, loads of people have same problem.

Many different answers, some work for some people, some different ones work for others.

Anyone any ideas?

I find that the game runs just as fast on my mac as 07 did. Its not slower at all. If anything its a little but faster.

Only team I don't like in the game is Arsenal. They can be playing **** all season, but when it comes to playing me (and I'm challenging for the title) I get completely dicked on.

And Newcastle always get relegated within 5 years. Whats up with that?!

The logic of Moskollo (as I see it):

Moskollo = Mexico

AI = Cuba

Mexico > Cuba

Therefore Mexico should win.

But when

AI = Man Utd

Moskollo = X Team where X Team is inferior to Man Utd

Man Utd > X Team

Therefore Moskollo should win because his players are of inferior quality to Man Utd's......

icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moskollo:

Now I've been playing Champ or it's present incarnation as FM since the bloody 90s and I'm not joking you guys at SI have to realise that there are LOADS of issues on this game which I hope are sorted on 8.02. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You and everybody else icon_rolleyes.gif

I'll bet you moaned about that one too, but since there were no forums back then you had to walk into grocery stores and moan at the customers.

one thing I do know is that if Mexico played Cuba in a Gold Cup Final there would be ONLY one winner </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with this entirely, for example if Greece played Portugal in, say, a European Championship Final, there would also be ONLY one winner.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GillsMan:

one thing I do know is that if Mexico played Cuba in a Gold Cup Final there would be ONLY one winner </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with this entirely, for example if Greece played Portugal in, say, a European Championship Final, there would also be ONLY one winner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont agree 100% with Moskollo, but i think a "Mexico - Cuba" game is comparable to a "Portugal - Malta" one and not with a "Portugal - Greece"..

i think that is related to "grey teams too strong" issue

To the OP:

I haven't read through your post entirely (mainly because FM has given me the attention span of a fruitbat), so I'll just ask "have you tried Beta Patch 1?"

After 2-3 months without FM2008 (couldn't stick with FM2007 after experiencing 08's changes and positives), I've gone back to it and installed Beta Patch 1 and finally, I'm enjoying myself. The only problems being the speed (but I've picked fewer leagues than before to counter this) and the "grey team" issue.

Apart from that, I'm enjoying myself immensely! I've found myself shaking my fists with glee when my players score again! One of my players actually accepted a fine off me for violent conduct - first time that's happened to me in the entire series. I've been commended by another of my players for being able to take poor results on the chin and work on it.

If only SI had just fixed the grey team issue and the speed, then 8.0.1 would've been near peefect.

And yes, the Steklo skin is gorgeous. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AG7:

I agree, load of pump and am going back to FM07. Lots of you go on about just because your finding it hard............ Well no, just unrealistic. Premier league teams beaten by part timers please, and its not the one off occasion. Compare a race, man on a bicycle against a man in a Veyron. Nope dont agree. Too many high score draws or high score wins. Keeping a clean sheet, they must not of heard of this saying when they made this monstrosity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is so much more to the latest FM that go into the game...there could be a hundred different reasons why your team got beat by a pub team...No more can you as the manager stick out a team, implement a tactic in the first game you play and win every game...If anyone gets beat by a lower league team as an EPL team, it is down to you!! If you consistantly finish 2nd, it's most probably because you lost too many games due to your players personalities / tactics / training / media comments / etc etc....

Personally, I think people that moan about it being too hard are just **** at the game.

I second, the oppinion that "the AI does not cheat you"....anyone who says the AI is cheating comes across as immature and it sounds like sour grapes...

As for the speed issue, no issue there....I remember playing the old series back when I had a 486....THAT was slow....trouble is, no one will ever be happy with anything and these rants will coninue for ever more.

Cheers

Moskollo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A number of points fluctuating wildly in quality.

1) Mexico vs Cuba - known issue with "grey" teams - will hopefully be sorted in 8.0.2 - has been commented about many times before - just say the word grey to jimbo and watch as he bursts into tears.

2) Man utd and Arsenal - Sorry but you are either a, unlucky or b, incompotent.

I've used chelsea against an AI utd (5 sucessive premiership wins to me) and against my mate with him as utd (varying degress of success but notably no trophies for utd...).

Also given utd and arsenal are currently first and second in the prem destroys ANY argument you have.

As to decisions at old trafford...when was the last time a team IRL scored a pen at old trafford?

3) Home or away at cup matches: there is no advantage gained by being the "home" team. IRL home and away teams are drawn for cup finals (to decide kit clashes and dressing room allocation etc) all there is in FM is a slightly sketchy media line after a "home" win.

4) Game isn't too slow - i'm using the same PC for it i used for 07 (nowhere near a "fast" pc) and it is notably quicker than last years FM.

5) the skin is a bit sketchy, but that's personal taste.

6) the game isn't weighted to the AI at all, it is weighted in favor of compotence.

I have played various cup finals, and won about 70% of them. Enough said.

It could be argues that you have just shown that FM is not pointing out the flaws in your tactics - in this you would have a fair point - but it is in no way weighted in favor of the AI.

There are many more serious problems than you have listed here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Law_Man:

The logic of Moskollo (as I see it):

Moskollo = Mexico

AI = Cuba

Mexico > Cuba

Therefore Mexico should win.

But when

AI = Man Utd

Moskollo = X Team where X Team is inferior to Man Utd

Man Utd > X Team

Therefore Moskollo should win because his players are of inferior quality to Man Utd's......

icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That basically sums up my thoughts about this. It's no more then a "I can't win, the game is cheating" thread.

One thing I feel might have some truth behind it is the way the cup finals handles home and away teams. I've often felt that the first team in the draw is considered the home team, but how much of this is down to the poor choice of wording for game played at neutral stadia? Probably quite a lot TBH.

i agree with this thread in part! I agree in the fact that this version in my eyes does not have the enjoyment of the others due to the hundreds of bugs with it! not hudreds of bugs is not acceptable! i love the game to death and have loved doing whole day sessions of FM, but i don't feel at current i can play the game due to i feel it not being so realistic. The FM series has always dominated (going back to the CM days) and its because of the realistic nature of the game. But when I consistantly get draws and defeats even tho my shots to there shots ratio is like 10-1 i feel it has lost its realisticness. My one concern is the match engine! i just want that fixed!

I´ve played Championship Manager from the very beginning, back in the miggy days, and personally I feel 08 is not at all as enjoyable as previous versions. Loved 07!

I don´t find it difficult, I just don´t find it very enjoyable, maybe because the one-on-ones my strikers miss. That ratio doesn´t exist!

Will continute to buy the game. Always loved it, but I agree with the OP that something has to be done match engine-wise the most important and to start with.

I couldn't actually be bothered to read past the opening couple of lines of the OP, but I got the gist of it I think. I'd just like to ask one question:

WHEN WILL ALL YOU MOANERS REALISE THAT WRITING HUGE RANTING POSTS IS POINTLESS?

If you hadn't already noticed every point you make has been made by 500 others, and I don't know about everyone else but I'm getting sick of these complaints taking up so much space on the forums. If you want to moan would you please all use a single thread rather than starting a new one because you have nothing more fulfilling in your lives than the recognition of this site. Please just leave it.

Finally, if you are so disillusioned with the Sports Interactive franchise then why don't you go and learn about computer programming and create your own football management game. Then if you make a better attempt I'll happily read whatever criticisms of FM you have and line your pockets with my money rather than giving it over to SI.

Consider this the anti-rant. Not just for this thread, but to everyone who wastes time with new threads pointing out the same flaws. Goodnight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I agree in the fact that this version in my eyes does not have the enjoyment of the others due to the hundreds of bugs with it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

63 at the last count.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hufton:

I couldn't actually be bothered to read past the opening couple of lines of the OP, but I got the gist of it I think. I'd just like to ask one question:

WHEN WILL ALL YOU MOANERS REALISE THAT WRITING HUGE RANTING POSTS IS POINTLESS?

If you hadn't already noticed every point you make has been made by 500 others, and I don't know about everyone else but I'm getting sick of these complaints taking up so much space on the forums. If you want to moan would you please all use a single thread rather than starting a new one because you have nothing more fulfilling in your lives than the recognition of this site. Please just leave it.

Finally, if you are so disillusioned with the Sports Interactive franchise then why don't you go and learn about computer programming and create your own football management game. Then if you make a better attempt I'll happily read whatever criticisms of FM you have and line your pockets with my money rather than giving it over to SI.

Consider this the anti-rant. Not just for this thread, but to everyone who wastes time with new threads pointing out the same flaws. Goodnight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you not realise that comments like this are as bad as senseless moans?

Statements such as "Finally, if you are so disillusioned with the Sports Interactive franchise then why don't you go and learn about computer programming and create your own football management game" are utterly laughable, grow up.

The user made some points that i don't agree with - however you won't find me saying such rediculous things as "shut up and learn programming" which is what your post ammounted to.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wades209a:

i agree with this thread in part! I agree in the fact that this version in my eyes does not have the enjoyment of the others due to the hundreds of bugs with it! not hudreds of bugs

is not acceptable! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hundreds of bugs? There are issues, but lets not get carried away shall we.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> i feel it has lost its realisticness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif Word of the day - realisticness.

I'm just about to start 2037 season and have not noticed this game being slower than normal.

Have noticed the cup final thing mind you, I've been in 6 major finals and only won 1 over the years but in saying that it could just be that my teams bottle it in the finals.

As for the skin, i've moved around to different ones and found myself going back to the one in the game.

While this game will have bugs in it, i'm finding it the one that i've been playing most as i can not get enough of it.

Yet I think there is still problems with the board room which will hopefully be sorted, for me they all want the world at the start when they have been pants for years.

Recently got the aberdeen job and this was a team whom had not got into the top 5 of the league for 10 seasons. I come in when they are 10th and got them 2nd, then next season we came 4th and lost in two cup finals but contract was not renewed.

Seems silly to me but what the hell have moved on to Barca which will be my last club as i'm 65 and think its time for a new game

Well done SI this came while may have its faults is still 99% playable and that ok by me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1) Mexico vs Cuba - known issue with "grey" teams - will hopefully be sorted in 8.0.2 - has been commented about many times before - just say the word grey to jimbo and watch as he bursts into tears. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's it!

I'm telling my mommy of you icon_wink.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wades209a:

i agree with this thread in part! I agree in the fact that this version in my eyes does not have the enjoyment of the others due to the hundreds of bugs with it! not hudreds of bugs

is not acceptable! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hundreds of bugs? There are issues, but lets not get carried away shall we.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> i feel it has lost its realisticness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif Word of the day - realisticness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come now Chopper, we all know about language changing through use. Eventually, words like bouncebackability will be examplars of realisticness icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1) Mexico vs Cuba - known issue with "grey" teams - will hopefully be sorted in 8.0.2 - has been commented about many times before - just say the word grey to jimbo and watch as he bursts into tears. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's it!

I'm telling my mommy of you icon_wink.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, i thought your continuing struggle against the forces of grey deserved a mention.

Archived