Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaiser5507

Quick Question: Through Ball

What does TTB mean? Does it relate to the postion of player? If FB tries through ball, who will he pass the ball towards?

If you want your FB to try through balls then combining with at least a high mixed passing will see him try to lift the ball over the defense for your winger/striker to run on to. However if he has a low passing attribute or his passing instruction is low mixed to short...he might try to play through balls for your midfield but it will be waste of possession since the opposition defense will easily intercept the balls...at least this is what i believe to be true :)

If you want your FB to try through balls then combining with at least a high mixed passing will see him try to lift the ball over the defense for your winger/striker to run on to.

I agree with this part.

However if he has a low passing attribute or his passing instruction is low mixed to short...he might try to play through balls for your midfield but it will be waste of possession since the opposition defense will easily intercept the balls...at least this is what i believe to be true :)

I personally don't agree with this part. I have my FBs set at 1 for Passing. They still do long balls if necessary. And at times, with better quality fullbacks, I set TTB to mixed, and I have seen them do a Beckham like pass plus assist to the striker. I believe passing settings are your form of encouragement to a player with relation to the passing style he should attempt as often as possible in his position. I may be wrong here, but that's what I have personally observed so far.