ive looked through the other threads and seen screen shots with the stadium backgrounds like old trafford wembley etc and i have looked through where the threads should be but dont really understand them has anyone got a direct link so i can go straight to downloading the stadium screenies in background if anyone could help that would be gr8 thanks folks

no i cant find a download for them i assume once its downloaded and unzipped it will appear in your next new game but havent a clue where to find the download

Follow this guide. Just to make it easier, here are the parts relevant to you:

1. Extract your download

Your download is likely to be in one of 4 formats:

.zip

.rar

.7z

.fmf

If you file is
.fmf
format then skip to section 2 but the first three are all compressed formats that you'll need to extract first. You're going to need some software installed to be able to do that (choose which one depending on your Operating System):

Windows XP/2000/Vista:
(Choose the most recent .exe. At time of writing it's
)

MacOS X:

7-Zip is installed using the .exe you download. To install The Unarchiver simply double click on the .zip file you download from their website then drag the program it extracts (called 'The Unarchiver') into your apps folder.

Once installed, create a new folder somewhere you can keep track of (on your desktop for instance) and place your downloaded graphics zip, rar or 7z in it. Now we extract:

Windows:
Right click on your zip, rar or 7z. Choose 7-Zip from the menu, then select 'Extract Here'.

MacOS X:
Right click (or ctrl + click) on your zip, rar or 7z. Choose 'open with' then select 'The Unarchiver'.

Your file should extract and most probably create a folder in the same directory, or perhaps a .fmf file.

2. Where to put your file

Win Vista:
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

Win 2000/XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

Win 98/ME:
C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

Mac OS X:
/Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

NB:
There is no folder called 'user data'. This is simply a name for the location specified above. Everything should be done in the root of the directory shown.

Those are the default locations (note that if Windows is installed on a drive other than C:\ your user data folder will be on that drive). You can change this folder's location from within game preferences should you wish. Find your user data folder then follow the instructions below for the type of graphics you're adding:

3. Finishing Up

Now we've installed the graphics we need to get the game to load them up properly, a vital step. Launch Football Manager 2009. When loaded go straight into game preferences from the intro screen. Click on 'Display and Sound' on the tree menu. Make sure that you tick the check box on the page called 'Always Reload Skin on Confirm' and un-tick then box saying 'Use Skin Cache'. Now press confirm on the tree menu. There should be a box that pops up saying 'loading image data for the new skin'. Once this is done your graphics should be working within the game. You may want to quit the game and reload it - just to be sure.

To select a skin you've added choose it from the drop down menu in preferences and press confirm. Other graphics do not need choosing to enable them. You do not need to start a new save game for graphics to work.

Once you're sure your graphics have worked go into preferences again and change the tick boxes back to how they were if you wish (doing so will speed up the game load times).

That's it!!!

Have you done that?

No, you extract the file to:

Win Vista: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

Win 2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

Win 98/ME: C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

Mac OS X: /Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

well i clicked on england country pack and it shows an example of tottenham and by it it says upload file

above the sample pic, it says download/mirror

click mirror and download it to your sports interactive folder in my documents, then right click the file and click extract here

well i downloaded it and then it automatically copied it to skins i didnt do anyhting m8

Did you extract it? Ticked 'use skin cache', un-ticked 'always re-load skin on confirm' in preferences? You might want to have a look at the guide I posted :thup:

Did you extract it? Ticked 'use skin cache', un-ticked 'always re-load skin on confirm' in preferences? You might want to have a look at the guide I posted :thup:

he hasnt got that far yet, he's only just downloaded it and trying to get the download into the correct place on his computer

he hasnt got that far yet, he's only just downloaded it and trying to get the download into the correct place on his computer

It doesn't matter where you initially download it though.

right i have deleted it and am starting again i have clicked on mirror 2 and am ready to either open save etc

Save it anywhere - desktop is probably best.

ok click save and save it to your desktop

then go into My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics

and make a folder called 'backgrounds'

then go back to your desktop and 'cut' the file and 'paste' it into your 'backgrounds' folder you just created

OK now start up FM09 and click prefferences then......

Click on 'Display and Sound' on the tree menu

tick the check box on the page called 'Always Reload Skin on Confirm'

un-tick then box saying 'Use Skin Cache'

press confirm

start a new or load a saved game and your done

EDIT: you can now download as many background packs as you want, move them to your 'backgrounds' folder, extract them as you did before and when you start up FM09 they will work

you can do the same for the following graphics putting them in a folder named whats in the brackets

logos (logos)

face packs (players)

kits (kits)

Archived