my Ass Man is better than me :(

So, I've more or less lost interest in my Nottingham Forest save on FM08.....I'm guaranteed a contract renewal and I don't think I'll make promotion, so I had my ass man play a few game.....he ended up getting 21 pts from the 7 games he managed....whenever I stepped in for important matches, i lost.....which was twice. Two of the games he coached had ridiculous scorelines, 7-1 and 9-1.....with 2 games to go in the championship, I'm in 2nd, a pt ahead of my promotion rivals...I think I should just quit....he's doing a much better job than me...

anyway, has anyone ever had their ass man outshine them?

well playing as liverpool i had to come up against man utd at old trafford and i had four first team players out and they were top of the epl so i thought i would get belted so i let my ass man take over for the game and we won 4-2.

I just let him take care of another game...he won of course....I'm 2 pts clear with one game to go....I'm taking on 9th place Leeds at home, I think I can manage a point, but I'm nervous.....I don't think my team can handle Premier League football just yet

I'm really not great at management - I just can't find the intricacies which might help me to overcome even average sides if my squad isn't performing at top notch. I use my assistant managers like this all the time, it helps me keep my job sometimes. Thankfully the board never seems to fire you for holidaying matches all season :p

I recently played half a season as Sampdoria (2016-a completely broken team with no money so it was godamn hard), I kept losing away from home (not getting battered, infact the opposite i was losing games i was dominating) so I went on holiday for 3 games (all away, one cup) assman won them all. I quit the game shortly after.

Archived