My goalkeeper decided he'd be more useful in the wall. O_O

I have attached replays of a match so there's obviously going to be player naming.

Let me start by saying in my FM career, I haven't seem something quite like this before. Never have I seen a player perform so well on such occasions: last day of the season, 2 men down. Without spoiling anymore, I'd like to share the Henry Show.

For anyone wanting to skip straight to my goalkeeper being an idiot, go to 3:30 on youtube, but I assure you, it's all worth watching till the very last second.

Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tXo5UeiTXE

PKM (FM 07)

http://rapidshare.com/files/240264188/HENRY_SHOW.pkm

Screenshot

enyeama.jpg

Key Moments

00:13 Fabregas Injury

18:00 GOAL Markel 30 yard longshot. Arsenal 0-1 Portsmouth

23:00 Red Card Richards Rage

30:00 GOAL Henry Penalty. Arsenal 1-1 Portsmouth

45:+1 Red Card Gordon, keeper rush

45:+3 Enyeama decides his height in the wall will surely put off the free kick tacker

45:+3 GOAL O'Neil free kick (He even aimed at the corner despite there being no keeper) Arsenal 1-2 Portsmouth

45:00 GOAL Henry straight from the kickoff Arsenal 2-2 Portsmouth.

56:00 GOAL Cole, easy tap in Arsenal 2-3 Portsmouth.

70:00 GOAL Absolutely INSANE long shot from Henry. Game on! Arsenal 3-3 Portsmouth.

71:00 Bad news from Stamford Bridge Chelsea have gone ahead courtesy of a deflectowonder long shot from Frank Lampard.

72:00 Formation Change Tim Cahill comes on for Arsenal to form one of the best formations in modern football, the 4-2-2.

90:00 GOAL AUDACIOUS chip from Thierry Henry, from that position most strikers will just try to thump it into the bottom corner. Arsenal 4-3 Portsmouth.

93:50 MACIO HITS THE POST I was going to have a heart attack.

94:00 Arsenal are Premier League Champions! And Henry only gets rated a 9 for all his efforts :D

Aftermath

I did a Wenger and sold Henry to Barcelona for 15 million the following transfer window.

He's obviously dived into the post a few too many times and fallen under the illusion he's a defender, not a goalkeeper. Is that directly from O'Neil or has it bounced off the wall to another player? If it's fallen to another player then he may be rushing out, but I doubt that's the case lol.

lol! Did you put your 'keeper instructions on "Form Wall"???

I had a 'keeper in the Malaysian league once on FM08 who had "Gets Forward Whenever Possible" as an ability - so every time he took a goal kick he sprinted up to join the strikers!!! ^^

He's obviously dived into the post a few too many times and fallen under the illusion he's a defender, not a goalkeeper. Is that directly from O'Neil or has it bounced off the wall to another player? If it's fallen to another player then he may be rushing out, but I doubt that's the case lol.

Good guess but from viewing the match, it looks like the goal went straight in! Enyeama rushes out so often that I wouldn't be surprised if he used to play as a defender. Reminds me of the sliding tackle O'Shea did!

You either just put a outfield player in goal as your normal one were sent off, or the sub GK is still coming onto the pitch / to his goal when they took the free kick.

Enyeama is a goalkeeper but from Santy001 said, I can't be so sure anymore. As for your second point, that's what I'm leaning towards to. The goal happened so quickly I can't be certain. Though that's really biased ref-ing >:( I wouldn't be surprised considering he gave a red to Micah Richards for a PUSH.

What a lovely performance from Henry.

Reminds me of Ryan Grittiths for me in one of my 08 saves two men down and he gets himself a brace to draw the game for me.

Nice video.

I know that sinking feeling. @_@. Now I feel like a tactical mastermind after pulling that win off. I had Walcott and Saivet on the bench but I persevered with Rosicky and Henry (whose condition was deteriorating) up front though mainly due to me using up most of my subs on cards and injury. Instead I felt I needed to sub Cahill on to help control the midfield.

lol! Did you put your 'keeper instructions on "Form Wall"???

I had a 'keeper in the Malaysian league once on FM08 who had "Gets Forward Whenever Possible" as an ability - so every time he took a goal kick he sprinted up to join the strikers!!! ^^

My keeper was set to 'Default' I think. There was no way I would set him in the wall for a laugh in such a crucial game. I think Enyeama has the "Form Wall" Preferred Move.

Sorry but what is eccentricity, I see a lot of goalkeepers have a low number in that area?

From the top of my head, eccentricity is the chance a goalkeeper does something out of the norm. Something crazy such as trying to dribble past opposition or flapping arms to put strikers off (ie. Dudek in 2005 champions league final). It might work to your advantage though most of the time your team suffers.

Archived