Football Manager Cut-Out Megapack

geordie1981

C:\Users\****\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics\pictures\players

you must create the following folders:

graphics then within this folder pictures then players within that

any more help needed read the readme file within the pack

Yes you only have to add the 2.5, then the rest in order afterwards, only the contents of the folder and not the folders.

Thanks for the kind reply mate! :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I have a question. I have installed the megapack via torrent so I need to download all the updates. You stated that I have to copy and past the update to my megapack folder which is within the players folder. I have downloaded update 1 and now I am facing a dilemma!

In the first update file, there are THREE files which are not png files. They are config.xml, megapacklogo.jpg and finally the READ ME.rtf file. So the question is, should I also copy or extract these 3 files to my megapack folder which is at documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/graphics/pictures/players or only extract or copy EXCLUSIVELY the png files to the megapack folder?

Please bear with me as this is the first time I have done any downloads for Football Manager 2010 and I don't want to make any serious mistakes here. So far, the downloading process was excellent and all went well.

I am eagerly waiting for your kind response on this matter, mate! So right now, until I receive a reply, I will just hold on to my update files until I am sure what I am doing! Please help somebody! Please forgive my ignorance in this matter as I am a newbie when it comes to computers! Thanks! :)

Also I noticed that update 2.2, there are two types of folders! This only complicates matters! One folder is called MACOSX while the other is called by the normal name of update 2.2! So which one should I extract? The read me file is a bit unclear as it says only extract the contents but what is the definition of contents being used here? Does it also refer to the JPEG image or the config.xml file or the read me file?????

OK, I have a question. I have installed the megapack via torrent so I need to download all the updates. You stated that I have to copy and past the update to my megapack folder which is within the players folder. I have downloaded update 1 and now I am facing a dilemma!

In the first update file, there are THREE files which are not png files. They are config.xml, megapacklogo.jpg and finally the READ ME.rtf file. So the question is, should I also copy or extract these 3 files to my megapack folder which is at documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/graphics/pictures/players or only extract or copy EXCLUSIVELY the png files to the megapack folder?

Please bear with me as this is the first time I have done any downloads for Football Manager 2010 and I don't want to make any serious mistakes here. So far, the downloading process was excellent and all went well.

I am eagerly waiting for your kind response on this matter, mate! So right now, until I receive a reply, I will just hold on to my update files until I am sure what I am doing! Please help somebody! Please forgive my ignorance in this matter as I am a newbie when it comes to computers! Thanks! :)

Also I noticed that update 2.2, there are two types of folders! This only complicates matters! One folder is called MACOSX while the other is called by the normal name of update 2.2! So which one should I extract? The read me file is a bit unclear as it says only extract the contents but what is the definition of contents being used here? Does it also refer to the JPEG image or the config.xml file or the read me file?????

lots of questions lol, right here goes from the top.

put the megapack folder in the players folder like so - Players folder - MEGAPACK

config.xml, megapacklogo.jpg and READ ME.rtf files are as follows

config.xml - is a must and holds the information that informs FM to load the faces int he game so always update this with each update.

megapacklogo.jpg - this is just out logo for the megapack nothing to worry about not needed but is in all packs, it is no harm to fm.

READ ME.rtf - this is the instructions and also it credits the work by listing all those involved or have been involved in cutting the faces.

MACOSX this is not needed and can be deleted as this is used for Apple Mac's, windows don't use them.

anything else just ask if I've missed anything out let me know

lots of questions lol, right here goes from the top.

put the megapack folder in the players folder like so - Players folder - MEGAPACK

config.xml, megapacklogo.jpg and READ ME.rtf files are as follows

config.xml - is a must and holds the information that informs FM to load the faces int he game so always update this with each update.

megapacklogo.jpg - this is just out logo for the megapack nothing to worry about not needed but is in all packs, it is no harm to fm.

READ ME.rtf - this is the instructions and also it credits the work by listing all those involved or have been involved in cutting the faces.

MACOSX this is not needed and can be deleted as this is used for Apple Mac's, windows don't use them.

anything else just ask if I've missed anything out let me know

OK, thanks for the quick reply mate! So all I need to do is to go inside the update folders starting from 2.1, copy ALL the contents and extract it into the megapack folder! OK thanks! But I also must make sure that I don't copy the update folder itself into the megapack folder, right? :D

OK, thanks for the quick reply mate! So all I need to do is do inside the update folders starting from 2.1, copy ALL the contents and extract it into the megapack folder! OK thanks! But I also must make sure that I don't copy the update folder itself into the megapack folder, right? :D

yes just contents so its like this:

Players - Megapack - (all pics and config)

Thanks mate! You have been very patient and kind to a newbie like me! :D

no worries, i hope you enjoy the experience more with the faces to the names, also visit the main site for new pictures daily before the updates. and further help

OK, I got another question! Apparently, while doing update 2.2, I got 3 error messages that says CRC failed in Megapack Update 2.2\33000691.png. The file is corrupt! The other two error messages were exactly the same except the png numbers are 3802451 and 5112201!

Should I have gone into my preference and tick always reload skin to confirm and untick use skin cache BEFORE proceeding with update 2.2 or can I just ignore the error message? Please help! What should I do now? Go into my preference and tick the necessary options then reupdate 2.2 again?

Also I noticed that once I finished updating 2.1, a 2.1 subfolder shows up within the megapack folder. Should I just have extracted update 2.2 into 2.1 folder? Please help! Thanks!:(

OK, I got another question! Apparently, while doing update 2.2, I got 3 error messages that says CRC failed in Megapack Update 2.2\33000691.png. The file is corrupt! The other two error messages were exactly the same except the png numbers are 3802451 and 5112201!

Should I have gone into my preference and tick always reload skin to confirm and untick use skin cache BEFORE proceeding with update 2.2 or can I just ignore the error message? Please help! What should I do now? Go into my preference and tick the necessary options then reupdate 2.2 again?

Also I noticed that once I finished updating 2.1, a 2.1 subfolder shows up within the megapack folder. Should I just have extracted update 2.2 into 2.1 folder? Please help! Thanks!:(

Now, when I tick always reload skin on confirm and untick use skin cache, all my pictures have disappeared! :(

The errors are fixed as they had been added to the next update or updates. so no worries with that.

As for the spanish players not loading you will need to clear your cache but turning fm off and doing the following normally this fixes the problem.

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My

Computer and at the top select 'Tools' then 'Folder Options'. Then go to

the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:

1. Open 'My Computer'

2. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\\Application

Data\

3. Go into the 'Sports Interactive' folder

4. Delete any 'Football Manager' folder

Windows Vista:

1. Click 'Start'

2. Click your username on the Start Menu

3. Click on 'AppData' and then 'Roaming'

4. Go into the 'Sports Interactive' folder

5. Delete any 'Football Manager' folder

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder

2. Select

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Remove any “Football Manager” Folder

This will reset your settings within the game so you will have to put them back to your liking.

then extract each update to the folder before you open fm once done open fm it may take some time to load on 1st run but after that its fast again. hopefully this sorts it out

The errors are fixed as they had been added to the next update or updates. so no worries with that.

As for the spanish players not loading you will need to clear your cache but turning fm off and doing the following normally this fixes the problem.

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My

Computer and at the top select 'Tools' then 'Folder Options'. Then go to

the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:

1. Open 'My Computer'

2. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\\Application

Data\

3. Go into the 'Sports Interactive' folder

4. Delete any 'Football Manager' folder

Windows Vista:

1. Click 'Start'

2. Click your username on the Start Menu

3. Click on 'AppData' and then 'Roaming'

4. Go into the 'Sports Interactive' folder

5. Delete any 'Football Manager' folder

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder

2. Select

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Remove any “Football Manager” Folder

This will reset your settings within the game so you will have to put them back to your liking.

then extract each update to the folder before you open fm once done open fm it may take some time to load on 1st run but after that its fast again. hopefully this sorts it out

Is it normal for a megapack folder to contain another folder called megapack 2.1 within it?

Is it normal for a megapack folder to contain another folder called megapack 2.1 within it?

yes its normal to be a folder inside but you need to open the folder and get the contents of that folder copied into the megapack.

This is done so when you extract the folder as most do to the desktop and or other place it will be a folder not all the pictures everywhere apart from the 2.8 update i think was without a folder

Can anyone tell me the exact amount of cut out faces i should have with all packs downloaded and installed as i have 65,770? is this the correct amount or have i missed a pack somewhere?

Yes that is about right.

yes its normal to be a folder inside but you need to open the folder and get the contents of that folder copied into the megapack.

This is done so when you extract the folder as most do to the desktop and or other place it will be a folder not all the pictures everywhere apart from the 2.8 update i think was without a folder

Yes that is about right.

Well this is a screenshot after I did update 2.1. Apparently, when the 2.1 folder is within the megapack folder, no pictures showed up. Then, when I moved the 2.1 folder here, hey presto, I could see the images! So should I do the same for 2.2? Where should I place the 2.2 contents? Within the players folder, so there would be a total of 3 folders so far? Please advise! Thanks! So by doing this, is the megapack folder updated automatically?

25z3sdg.jpg

Well this is a screenshot after I did update 2.1. Apparently, when the 2.1 folder is within the megapack folder, no pictures showed up. Then, when I moved the 2.1 folder here, hey presto, I could see the images! So should I do the same for 2.2? Where should I place the 2.2 contents? Within the players folder, so there would be a total of 3 folders so far? Please advise! Thanks! So by doing this, is the megapack folder updated automatically?

That is wrong mate, you only need the 1 folder so go into the 2.1 update and select all, then cut and paste into the main folder and accept all overwrites

do this for all updates over write the pictures and most importantly the config file

That is wrong mate, you only need the 1 folder so go into the 2.1 update and select all, then cut and paste into the main folder and accept all overwrites

do this for all updates over write the pictures and most importantly the config file

OK, Now I know what is my mistake! Apparently, I extracted the updated folder from my downloads! At that moment of time, it was a winrar file! As I am an inexpereinced user of WinRar or WinZip, I clicked into the file and immediately extracted the folder into megapack. That is why I have two folders! Now I know better! I can extract the WinRar file into my desktop, thus converting into a folder file, THEN only go into the folder in question and extract the contents into the megapack file! LOL!

I normally save the WinRar files into my downloads when there is a pop up instructing me either to save the file or open the file! So I should just open the file first at the beginning of a download session right? I am incompetent when dealing with these things because I never studied computing in school as during the 80s and early 90s, using a computer is relatively rare! At least I am learning something new each day!

Thanks mate! :D

OK, Now I know what is my mistake! Apparently, I extracted the updated folder from my downloads! At that moment of time, it was a winrar file! As I am an inexpereinced user of WinRar or WinZip, I clicked into the file and immediately extracted the folder into megapack. That is why I have two folders! Now I know better! I can extract the WinRar file into my desktop, thus converting into a folder file, THEN only go into the folder in question and extract the contents into the megapack file! LOL!

I normally save the WinRar files into my downloads when there is a pop up instructing me either to save the file or open the file! So I should just open the file first at the beginning of a download session right? I am incompetent when dealing with these things because I never studied computing in school as during the 80s and early 90s, using a computer is relatively rare! At least I am learning something new each day!

Thanks mate! :D

best thing to do is save them and store them on spare hard drive or dvd for future use incase of any problems and saves downloading them again.

I started using computers in late 90's but more in 2000 and onwards, most of what i know now is from trial and error and or a quick search in goolge.

2.8 RAR right click and extract to the the name of the rar file option or extract files to the megapack folder as this hasn't got a folder within the rar from what i remember.

Yes that is about right.

Well, there are a total of 65,769 png files excluding the essential config.xml and read me file if you want the exact number! :D

I would like to say a big thank you to Mufckingud7 for having the patience in helping me out installing all this files! Finally I am done, all thanks to him! :D

your welcome glad its all sorted and you will be able to pass the info on to others now too

Hi guys, After my computer got wiped and then my backup drive died I have now lost all the Megapack updates. After trying to re-download them all i cant seem to be able to download 2.2. Can anyone fix the links for me?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
is there a new megapack coming out soon, or will it be after the WC?

Cheers, KUTGW!

MP update 2.9 should be out very shortly, certainly within 5 days' time. In the meantime, you might wanna have a look at the susie cutout forums, you'll find a very topical and pleasant surpise there ;)

I'm having trouble. So I just downloaded all 15 parts of the main facepack set before I start downloading the updates. When I use the file splitter to join the files, it asks for a destination file. What should I put for that?

which is different between versions?

The base megapack download is the pack with the initial images. Each download after that includes new images and replaces current images with better versions.

Does anyone have the config file for Megapack V2?

I accidently overwrit the original config and cannot get any pictures without the original config

Nvm: Found the old torrent I downloaded and can take the config from there

when you download the updates the config gets updated and holds all the codes from the 2.0 and the latest 2.9 updates

Does anyone have the config file for Megapack V2?

I accidently overwrit the original config and cannot get any pictures without the original config

Nvm: Found the old torrent I downloaded and can take the config from there

After downloading the original Megapack V2, you MUST download update 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc, in this order and you will not get any errors. By doing this, the config files will get updated in a systematic order. Hope this helps! :thup:

The config file is just overwritten with a newer one, there's no 'systematic order' to that, the order is to the actual pictures that will also get overwritten with respective newer & better ones.

Downloaded all the Updates last night, as only downloaded the original 2.0 Megapack when it was released. Unzipped all the folders and on a couple of the updates got a error when trying to extract one file from the folder. This happened on probably 3 or 4 of the updates. What images and config files unzipped, I copied into my directory overwriting when prompted. This won't cause any problems when I run the game tonight will it?

Downloaded all the Updates last night, as only downloaded the original 2.0 Megapack when it was released. Unzipped all the folders and on a couple of the updates got a error when trying to extract one file from the folder. This happened on probably 3 or 4 of the updates. What images and config files unzipped, I copied into my directory overwriting when prompted. This won't cause any problems when I run the game tonight will it?

No worries about that. There were a couple of errors in some of the images in a couple of the updates - but each was included in the next update so you have nothing whatsoever to worry about.

Archived