FM(Infinity) Wishlist: What Would You Like to See in Your Wildest FM Fantasies?

FM(Infinity) Wishlist: What Would You Like to See in Your Wildest FM Fanatsies?

Why has this thread been created?

Firstly, I am aware of the current Wishlist Thread. After a quick read through of some of the ideas in there it came to me. I realised that pretty much all of those 'wishes' are realistic for the near future of FM.

This thread has been setup by myself to hear your opinions on what you would like to see in FM in the distant future. This means that your ideas don't have to take into account what can be achieved today. An assumption will also be made that by the time your 'wish' is in operation we will all have PCs/laptops/MACs capable of handling anything thrown at them. Basically, don't be worried about the logistics of your ideas. Just let loose!

Where you come in.

As stated above, I want you to list anything you would love to be implemented into the game however bizarre or currently unachievable they may be.

Disclaimer

I expect there to be those of you who find this thread utterly pointless, and a waste of your time. For that I apologise. If you are one of those people then please just ignore this thread. Angry comments don't help anyone.

Thanks for your time, and I await to hear what you have to say! :D

To get the ball rolling:

The 3D match engine brought into this years FM is a big step up from that of the old 2D engine. In the distant future it would be brilliant if this had the same sor tof graphics as the FIFA games. The match experience would be as real as it could be, and in my opinion it owuld be brilliant.

I also think it would be great to implement a feature as to where we could have a 3D view of the stadiums under the 'stadium/facilities' tab. It's all well and good been told about certain aspects of your stadium, but being able to see it in full 360 degree 3D glory would be amazing.

I'd like to see a 3d trophy room that you could 'walk' through that expands as you win things and would be a more tangible record of your achievements than just a list of managers with 'major' and 'minor' trophies won next to them.

Edit:- Clicking on an individual trophy would bring up the match stats. And there would be a separate room

like a mini 3d cinema where you could go to watch the highlights from memorable matches.

Got another one. When you go to competition-history-past winners, when you click on the name of one of the teams, rather than it taking you to the teams squad page you'd be taken to an actual replay of the match highlights.

I'd like to see a 3d trophy room that you could 'walk' through that expands as you win things and would be a more tangible record of your achievements than just a list of managers with 'major' and 'minor' trophies won next to them

That would be good. Although mine wouldn't ever get very full :rolleyes::o

Sorry if I am not as smart as you.

It's not got anything to do with being smart.

Have you played the game? If so, I'm sure that you have received a bid from another club for one of your players. Yes? Have you ever accepted that bid and the player agree terms? If so, that is called 'selling' a player.

'Buying' a player would involve you looking at a player you are interested in and making an offer. If the club is happy with your bid and the player agrees with your terms then you will have successfully 'bought' a player.

Are you sure you haven't done this? ;)

Interactive controllers such as Phil Brown headset for talking to myself.

On a more serious note, much more developed player and media personalities. So being able to read the sports columns everyday, players have full personalities with all this entails as in real life. More man management techniques to get the best out of each players.

I'd like to see a 3d trophy room that you could 'walk' through that expands as you win things and would be a more tangible record of your achievements than just a list of managers with 'major' and 'minor' trophies won next to them.

Edit:- Clicking on an individual trophy would bring up the match stats. And there would be a separate room

like a mini 3d cinema where you could go to watch the highlights from memorable matches.

Got another one. When you go to competition-history-past winners, when you click on the name of one of the teams, rather than it taking you to the teams squad page you'd be taken to an actual replay of the match highlights.

That sounds quality!!

A big no no to Fifa graphics as its been said it would turn into Fifa manager.

The 3D doesnt bother me as i use 2D.

Interactive controllers such as Phil Brown headset for talking to myself.

I'd love a FM headset. It could be used to bark orders at your players.

The ability to pause time so it's possible to play without ending up having no time to do anything else.

About as unachievable an idea as they come :p:rolleyes:

A big no no to Fifa graphics as its been said it would turn into Fifa manager.

Having the same graphics as FIFA wouldn't make it into FIFA Manager. It might be better to say that I would like graphics which rival that of FIFA. The gameplay and every aspect of the game would still be FM of course.

That would push it towards bening FIFA Manager, no? Not that FIFA Manager is 'ultra-realistic'.

Kinda. It would also include things such as "Man goes to mars" kind of stuff in the news section, among other useful informations.

It'd be cool if in the distant future you got bionic men playing, who zoomed around the pitch at twice the speed of the "norms". And also aliens with 10 arms for goalkeepers.

Or the option to try and chat up the players' wives, that would be hilarious - just imagine your star striker comes back from scoring a hattrick to win you the cup only to find you scoring with his wife in the dressing room!

The possibility for clubs to actually fold and have to restart in non-league when they go bankrupt.

The option to do a Howard Hughes and spend all your managerial earnings on chicken and leek pies whilst watching that Cup Final you nearly won but the one-legged opposition clogger of a centre-back thumped in a 35-yarder in injury time on repeat

The option to use your managerial earnings to buy a club and be the chairman/manager.

Press conferences where the tea-lady randomly comes in halfway through interrupting a really important statement

The option to ask the groundsman to mow rude words in the grass

The option to have a facegen of yourself as a manager rather than just a static picture like now, who frowns when you lose and you can watch him beat the referee up in a Tekken style grudgematch with outrageous moves and acrobatics

And I'm spent.

Press conferences where the tea-lady randomly comes in halfway through interrupting a really important statement

The option to have a facegen of yourself as a manager rather than just a static picture like now, who frowns when you lose and you can watch him beat the referee up in a Tekken style grudgematch with outrageous moves and acrobatics

And I'm spent.

Genius.

I'd like genuine artificial intelligence for media interaction. A match engine that simulates football perfectly. The option to tell your players to do whatever you want, without sliders, and they'll understand. Again, you'd need real artificial intelligence. The option to print off your managerial earnings.

A 3D ME with life-like graphics, including stadiums. Very unpredictable crowds. They'd make up chants, fitting in the players' names, like fans do IRL. Referees acting as they do. Kit changes. Scouting camps the world over, with world class talent guaranteed to come through them. AI goal celebrations. The ability to watch match of the day after each match day. Realistic training. Agents included realistically. News reports, again realistic and not just generated, including monthly magazines. The ability to talk to players.

I'm never going to be content with FM again :(

Genius.

I'd like genuine artificial intelligence for media interaction. A match engine that simulates football perfectly. The option to tell your players to do whatever you want, without sliders, and they'll understand. Again, you'd need real artificial intelligence. The option to print off your managerial earnings.

A 3D ME with life-like graphics, including stadiums. Very unpredictable crowds. They'd make up chants, fitting in the players' names, like fans do IRL. Referees acting as they do. Kit changes. Scouting camps the world over, with world class talent guaranteed to come through them. AI goal celebrations. The ability to watch match of the day after each match day. Realistic training. Agents included realistically. News reports, again realistic and not just generated, including monthly magazines. The ability to talk to players.

I'm never going to be content with FM again :(

Brilliant ideas SCIAG. SOrry for making you become disillusioned with the game :o

I'd love to be able to tell the players exactly what I wanted them to be doing and for them to understand. That could revert back to my previous post about the FM headset. A nice one-to-one chat with a player in your office after a game, or to be able to actually tell your players what you think of them in the dressing room at half/full time.

Being able to buy and sell players.

Being able to see players do skill.

Being able to manage international teams and club teams at the same time e.g.Hiddink

WHAT I never knew that
Yes. Why would you think I ament serious.
Sorry if I am not as smart as you.

Either you are on your period or you haven't even read the manual. Buy and sell players, well you can do that, if you couldn't then FM would be about as expansive as Tetris. If you don't know how to do it, read the required section on the manual, it has everything.

The ability to play the game with your mind, using some sort of thing that you put the suckers on your head, you think about what you want to do, and it sends it to the pc (connected by something to the pc/laptop/whatever it is around then) and it does what you want it to.

The ability to jump into the game on matchdays, and sit in the dugout.

Brilliant ideas SCIAG. SOrry for making you become disillusioned with the game :o

I'd love to be able to tell the players exactly what I wanted them to be doing and for them to understand. That could revert back to my previous post about the FM headset. A nice one-to-one chat with a player in your office after a game, or to be able to actually tell your players what you think of them in the dressing room at half/full time.

Or to tell the player what you got up to with his woman last night ;)

Simple really..... I'd like the FUN to be put back in.

Or how about a mock back page of some newspaper showing "United sign £45m Messi" or "Boro back in the big time" or "Woking apoint Mr.X as new manager", you get my drift. SI could even get "sponsorship" from well recognised national papers.

Simple really..... I'd like the FUN to be put back in.

Or how about a mock back page of some newspaper showing "United sign £45m Messi" or "Boro back in the big time" or "Woking apoint Mr.X as new manager", you get my drift. SI could even get "sponsorship" from well recognised national papers.

And they could make the headlines specific to each paper, for example:

In the Times:

"Ronaldo Refutes Real Claims"

In the Sun:

"EXCLUSIVE!!!!! RONALDO SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT REAL WHICH MEANS HE'S GOING THERE LOL!!!"

Or in the Guardian:

"Ex-Schoolteacher takes over and Barnet"

In the Daily Mail:

"IS THE NEW BARNET MANAGER A PAEDOPHILE?!"

Touchscreen technology FTW:thup:

MAtchday tactics, simply drag a player to the required position using nought but your finger.

Also use your finger to set runs, set piece instructions and such like.

All this clicking and mouse moving is in the past:D

Get rid of loading :D Or swap the loading screen for something more interesting. Like a video, interesting football facts, a mini-game, anything.

That technology was implemented ages ago, so I think FM could do it. Anyone remember oneof the old Tekken games on the PS1? They had a kind of 'Space Invaders' mini-game during loading IIRC. It was brilliant.

I would just like each player to be more individual. A player can have almost the same stats as another and play in the same position, but "play" in a completly different way. In the game I look for the player with the best stats in that psition, but in real life 2 players could be just as good as each other but be totaly different in the way they play/approach the game. One thing is dribbling, Berbatov is very good at dribbling but he does this at a slow speed or from a standing position (i.e a quick turn or change of direction with close control) but it doesn't mean he will run at full pace trying to go past people like Giggs. Different styles suit different teams, so I would like to chose maybe a less able player, with a certain style I need, rather than just the one with the best stats.

I'd like to see more realistic crowd noise at games depending on what level you are managing at. The roar that the Sutton Utd supporters make at Gander Green Lane when their team has scored should be much less of a 'roar' than when say, Liverpool, score at Anfield.

It'd be cool if in the distant future you got bionic men playing, who zoomed around the pitch at twice the speed of the "norms". And also aliens with 10 arms for goalkeepers.

Or the option to try and chat up the players' wives, that would be hilarious - just imagine your star striker comes back from scoring a hattrick to win you the cup only to find you scoring with his wife in the dressing room!

The possibility for clubs to actually fold and have to restart in non-league when they go bankrupt.

The option to do a Howard Hughes and spend all your managerial earnings on chicken and leek pies whilst watching that Cup Final you nearly won but the one-legged opposition clogger of a centre-back thumped in a 35-yarder in injury time on repeat

The option to use your managerial earnings to buy a club and be the chairman/manager.

And I'm spent.

Legendary, lol.

My best idea yet would be to somehow be able to go back in time and purchase a young star (at todays prices of course) and put him in your team. Imagine being able to have YOUR choice of THE best players EVER. But be careful and choose wisely as your rivals also get to pick!!

Who would you have?

Pele, Cruyff, Matthaus, Beckenbauer, Michel Platini, Romario, Maradona, van Basten, Bobby Charlton, Zico, Schmeichel etc.... you get my drift.

WHO WOULD BE IN YOUR BEST EVER TEAM? :eek:

My best idea yet would be to somehow be able to go back in time and purchase a young star (at todays prices of course) and put him in your team. Imagine being able to have YOUR choice of THE best players EVER. But be careful and choose wisely as your rivals also get to pick!!

Who would you have?

Pele, Cruyff, Matthaus, Beckenbauer, Michel Platini, Romario, Maradona, van Basten, Bobby Charlton, Zico, Schmeichel etc.... you get my drift.

Schmeichel definatly and keane vieira in the middle would be unstoppable. zidane is the best player ever in my opinion would have to fit in somewhere

Anybody interested in "Scenario Mode"?

You get to play classic matches throughout history, no buying players, just the teamtalk and the tactics & selection. For example, one of the harder ones could be the 1999 Champions League final, where you take over as Man U manager with 10 minutes to go, 1-0 down against Munich. Or the classic Man U vs Spurs game where United were 3-1 down at half time, you know the drill.

that wasn't a classic game, that was the big team falling on their arse and then coming back, cueing their fans to sing 2-0 (or 3-1 or even 4-2) nd ya fahrked it up. but yeah, maybe an entertaining loading screen game.

Anybody interested in "Scenario Mode"?

You get to play classic matches throughout history, no buying players, just the teamtalk and the tactics & selection. For example, one of the harder ones could be the 1999 Champions League final, where you take over as Man U manager with 10 minutes to go, 1-0 down against Munich. Or the classic Man U vs Spurs game where United were 3-1 down at half time, you know the drill.

That'd be an interesting addition, very much a side-game though.

As for all time best team, I'd go for:

GK: Lev Yashin

DR: Cafu

DL: Paolo Maldini

DC: Franco Baresi

DC: Bobby Moore

MR: Lionel Messi

ML: Diego Maradona

MC: Johann Cruyff

MC: Stanley Matthews

FC: Pele

FC: Marco Van Basten

As this is for ideas that will probably never happen, how about the ability to match fix, for those who can't take losing big games? Slip a few grand to the referee before an important game, or to opposition players so that they just roll over for you. Of course, the downside would be that if you get caught the punishments are severe, and you probably wouldn't be allowed to manage again, or your team would get relegated, but the risk involved would make it fun ;)

Note: I wouldn't use this as I don't like to cheat, but it's an interesting idea :p And it would add realism, look at Pobeda of Macedonia, banned from European competition for 8 seasons for match fixing.

Archived