Players Training Schedule !

I am playing a network game with a mate at the minute, i am Arsenal and he is Man City.

I sold him Theo Walcott and he said that if he gets Walcott too concentrate on his shooting in training then it will help it even more than normal training schedule

i have seen on Genie Scout that Walcott's best finishing is like 14 but i was wondering if you keep playing a player can there potential for attributes become better ?

for example at the start of the 1st season say Walcott's potential for finishing was 15 but if i kept playing him and concentrated on his shooting then it might go up to 17 for potential finishing ?

Cheers a lot ;)

I am playing a network game with a mate at the minute' date=' i am Arsenal and he is Man City.

I sold him Theo Walcott and he said that if he gets Walcott too concentrate on his shooting in training then it will help it even more than normal training schedule

i have seen on Genie Scout that Walcott's best finishing is like 14 but i was wondering if you keep playing a player can there potential for attributes become better ?

for example at the start of the 1st season say Walcott's potential for finishing was 15 but if i kept playing him and concentrated on his shooting then it might go up to 17 for potential finishing ?

Cheers a lot ;)[/quote']

Funny I just posted an answer to a different question in the forum, which may help on this question as well

Hi Tejaswi,

Funny I was wondering the same myself -while I haven't been able to find out for sure I have found out a few things which may help in the question

1. When looking at the genie scout report, it always compares the players development potential to that of the best player in the world he can be compared with for example can become as good as Torres. Unlike your in game scout who only compares him to your best player for that position. Obviously genie scout doesn't know what team you play so uses the entire game for this.

Possible conclusion:

I think when evaluating what areas he can improve to what in, it could therefore be argued that genie scout, when you tick show pot ability, uses same method in determining what areas he will increase in = ie that this is based on his current training routine in his current club.

2. You will also notice on the genie scout report, that under player potential - genie scout uses different statements - ie can improve drastically, can polish his skills etc

Possible conclusion:

I think it hear is worth to remember that trainings primary function is to reshape the players ability to the position you play him in and train him for ie through training a player who is maxed out can still improve in some categories on the cost of categories with less training in.

3. Some skill increases cost more than 1 PA point and some less. Sometimes when you click show pot attributes, a player who increases from CA 172 to his max PA of 180 ie only 8 PA points, will have added maybe as much as 20 points in various skill categories.

Also sometimes, especially with young players (who you know will become world class) when you tick the show pot tick box only may only show his CA go from 162 to 180, eventhough his PA is 190.

Possible conclusion:

I think this is due to his physical stats ie that the game has certain requirements to reach for example 20 in tackling, player must have a physical attribute in balance or strengt of at least 15 -and also that the game weighs the PA cost more the higher the skill goes so for example maybe tackling up to 15 may cost one PA point for every increase, but may cost 2 or 3 PA points for every point up to 20.

Also this could again be due to the coaches/training he currently has access to not being able to train him to get to his max with current training routine/coaches available

Finally this could also be influenced by his current mental stats, so a young player who has not yet developed (through natural development) his bravery beyond 15 and say tackling again has a requirement to reach 20 of bravery must be min 18.

And last it could be and possible is a combination of the above 3.

Kevin,

I've just ran an experiment to test it out, so I'm pretty sure what genie estimates is pretty much crap. Start another game, run it on a holiday for a season and click 'Show pot. Attrs' on genie again. It will show you that he'd become a much improved player.

I've had the exact same question that you did and ran an interesting experiment. Check it out if you have the time.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=70803&page=4

Archived