[Suggestion] Make it Simpler - includes mock ups

On a slightly unrelated topic, I noticed these screenshots are based on Harpenden Town. I live in Harpenden and didn't realise I could play as them. Are they selectable from the start or do I have to do something clever to play as them? (I don't have FM in front of me at the moment so I can't try it.) I'd love to take them to the top.

On a slightly unrelated topic, I noticed these screenshots are based on Harpenden Town. I live in Harpenden and didn't realise I could play as them. Are they selectable from the start or do I have to do something clever to play as them? (I don't have FM in front of me at the moment so I can't try it.) I'd love to take them to the top.

theres a thread in the good player and team guide which you can manage harpenden

TBH when i first opened this thread i wasnt expecting much but the ideas and design you have put forward are great.

I agree with all the ideas except the goalkeeper changes, I think the system is fine already but like someone suggested before adding a short passing attribute would be good imo.

Well done on the detailed explanation and the images as well. (y)

Like said below, Harpenden aren't playable. I used to live in Harpenden too, so decided to edit the database to play as them. You can download the database from here, but you may want to read the opening post first in case the challenge doesn't appeal to you. Cheers:)

btw how did you get regens from reunion

Just load all players from Reunion when you start the game :thup:

Thanks for all of the other feedback :)

I would like to say that this thread has come to the UI team's attention and that it does include some excellent ideas on how to make things more clear. That is not to say we'll be implementing these, but we're definitely aware there's always room for improvement in this department. Especially so in a game like ours where there is a wealth of information on screen at any given time and certain measures need to be taken (such as the ones you've put forward) in order to ensure critical information doesn't get lost.

I would like to say that this thread has come to the UI team's attention and that it does include some excellent ideas on how to make things more clear. That is not to say we'll be implementing these, but we're definitely aware there's always room for improvement in this department. Especially so in a game like ours where there is a wealth of information on screen at any given time and certain measures need to be taken (such as the ones you've put forward) in order to ensure critical information doesn't get lost.

That's brilliant. Take a note you moaners who say SI never listen to us.

Only now noticed this thread (seriously, where's that damn Suggestions forum!?).

Notes idea is great.

Enhanced tooltips idea is nice BUT that thing about clicking on it to expand it? Just say no to extra worthless clicks. Make it a "preference" in Display and Sound -- "Show detailed tooltips".

Highlighting important attributes for position idea is good but i'm not sure if that's the way i'd do it.

First of all, they should be shown already by default. No need to have to click on the drop down to see them. Second i don't like it being us to define which are the important attributes. SI already knows which ones they are so why do we have to do it?

The only problem with this would be for players with more than one position. Now would be the time i'd use the dropdown to select which position(left back, winger, etc) attributes to show.

More attributes idea doesn't seem feasible since you'd have to change the match engine to include them. (And you'd have to change FML too since it uses the same ME).

However, the general theme of "Make it simpler" = <3

tool tips are great but you must only use them where required. for the explanation of each stat i believe this is overkill.

for example, i and many other people like to hover over a stat when looking at them. how annoying if a tool tip kept popping up all the time? even if it disappears after 3 seconds.

this sort of information is a prime candidate for putting in the in game help. that way, its there but not intrusive.

for the gk stats example i dont believe its necessary to have a kicking power stat. how exactly would that affect the match engine? how would the resourchers gain that information with any accuracy?

same for kicking accuracy.

i like the kicking stat as it merely says how good the keeper is at distribution via kicking

Kicking as it is is definitely "kicking power". I am certain. Kick accuracy is determined by technique and passing. Well, I suppose kicking comes into it if they're aiming for a player in the other penalty area. :p

Thanks for replying, it's good to know that some of the time I have put into this is worthwhile if it could help you even if it isn't by implementing these idea's exactly.

Only now noticed this thread (seriously, where's that damn Suggestions forum!?).

Notes idea is great.

Enhanced tooltips idea is nice BUT that thing about clicking on it to expand it? Just say no to extra worthless clicks. Make it a "preference" in Display and Sound -- "Show detailed tooltips".

I like that idea - although there may not be too much room in Preferences to play with.

Highlighting important attributes for position idea is good but i'm not sure if that's the way i'd do it.

First of all, they should be shown already by default. No need to have to click on the drop down to see them. Second i don't like it being us to define which are the important attributes. SI already knows which ones they are so why do we have to do it?

It's been a while since I made this post, so can't exactly remember what I suggested for this. But I thought there was an option to use SI's defaults or to customise them and make your own depending on your opinion of what is important.

The only problem with this would be for players with more than one position. Now would be the time i'd use the dropdown to select which position(left back, winger, etc) attributes to show.

Perhaps having a 'Highlight Key Stats' with an arrow, and hovering over it would bring up a list of the positions he could play. You could then choose to show the stats that you want to see as important depending on where he will be played.

More attributes idea doesn't seem feasible since you'd have to change the match engine to include them. (And you'd have to change FML too since it uses the same ME).

I'm not really sure how it works to be honest, so you may be right on this:thup:

Reply in quote:)

Great points.

Tooltips are a good idea, but maybe they could be activated with *right click" rather than pop up on hovering. Merely for practical reasons.

Point #2 is probably the best yet often overlooked improvement the UI needs! It's so easy getting lost with all the attributes, and sometimes secondary (or useless) attributes drive the attention away from the core skills a player needs/has/doesn't have.

That being said, there's the slight problem of deciding WHICH is which, but a list of say 10 template positions will do it.

Also, better notes are a must too.

I like the tooltip ideas for 1 (brief explanation only though I feel) and 4, but I think idea 5 with the notes is a really great idea. Not solely just for your own team, but it would be really great if you could do it for any player in the game. Examples on how it could help:

1] A great player has been totally schooled by one of yours after a certain combination of tactical tweaks or a smart substitution. Store it in the opposing players note section so you remember to do it again in future.

2] You shortlisted a player some time ago with the intention of buying him to replace a current member of your squad, or perhaps he has some combination of PPMs and stats that you think would make him an ideal <insert position here>. You also have a memory like a sieve and have now forgotten after several months of real time exactly what you had him shortlisted for, but that is no problem, as you have already created a note about him that is there for you to read as soon as you click to see his profile.

3] A player you have tried to sign is asking for too high wages, but you leave him on your shortlist in the hope that once you are in a better position with your club to be able to afford him, store the note to avoid wasting time in future until you think you can afford him.

4] Sort of as above but the player failed a work permit instead. Store a note to remind you to check his personal screen for a 2nd nationality and his caps on his profile to see if there's any chance he might qualify now, or just scout him again to get a definitive answer.

Of course you can do all this stuff already, but the fact is the Notes are too far out of the way for anyone to be bothered with (well I can't talk for anyone else really but that is definitely the case for me). Put them somewhere where we don't have to go out of our way to access them or check if there is actually any there or not, for me it makes perfect sense to just have them on the Profile screen as suggested, as there is plenty of free space there anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived