Hi, I consider myself a veteran with more than 10K hours behind my shoulders, have been playing since mid 90s.
Okay, here are the weird things I noticed this year.
1) Match player rating system is broken. At first when the game was pre-released I was surprised how super accurate it was, seemed like a huge improvement from previous years, I was super happy. After a few patches they fixed something and now it is screwed. I watch full matches and ratings that I see are not relevant to actual performances and are not relevant even to game stats which is unusual for FM. I'm sure people responsible for fixing this know what I'm taking about.
2) Body language is also a mess now. Now body language of any given player is a very direct function of his match rating. It was not that straightforward in previous FMs. If player is getting close to 7.0 he ALWAYS gets calm. If we are winning 7:0 and I make a sub on 80th minute, the new player is ALWAYS uninterested, even if he is a role model professional with determination 20. It was never like that and shouldn't be. Players should be nervous even if they are performing well. After 6 seasons I've never seen a nervous player who had rating more than 7.1 during a match.
3) when I make a quick sub without going to tactics screen, but just using that button in the brand new top left menu instead, it doesn't give me an option to have a chat with the player. It used to be there in fm17, was very convenient. Now in order to give a fresh player a chat I need to go to the tactics, which sucks. Too many clicks.
4) No ref score at the end of the match. Was a great feature in fm 17. missing it a lot.
5) I get that they got rid of the true 2d view and only left 2d classic. As a veteran player I just can't digest any 3d's as I can only see the game and how my players perform through the prism of 2d. I get why they changed it, I'm not arguing, but the thing is - I'm stuck with 2d classic now. The only big problem I have with 2d classic is that I can't see the pitch quality and weather conditions as I used to see in real 2d in fm17. Missing it immensely.
6) Scouts can't repeat their assignments after they finish. Or maybe I can't figure out how to do that.
7) The last weird thing is now when I have an unhappy player I can ask multiple teammates to try to resolve his unhappiness, not sure if it is a bug. I can ask up to like 5-6 guys to do the same thing over and over...