I am a complete beginner in football manager but quite a veteran in other managing football games (such as top eleven or goalunited in the good times). I started the run with Sunderland and I managed to win the sky 1 and the next year I managed to end 3rd and win the play offs to the premier. All those seasons I used 4-1-2-2-1 with quite ruling the possession and playing in an offensive counterpression (however the AMC position was quite empty because I was sending my striker quite forward). Then in premier the first half of first season I managed to reach UEFA position but from christmas I started going down down down and I ended barely saving the descend, however next season while I won few of the firsts games (one 2-1 against manchester united) then I went down until being second but from the bottom.
So now I am starting Championship and I started pretty hard after making few changes (the main in tactics and my wings) winning 3 games and one draw, but since then I losed 3 in a row (on of them against the last team in the league) and one draw against the 19th. I have absoletly no idea what is going on. I use a 4-2-3-1 now and in preseason I ruled, did not lose any game (even against teams of the spanish league such as Atletico de Madrid) but now I do not know what happens that I am going down. The moral is high and I have the best striker of the league and I believe I have a pretty solid team (half is international). My way to go is searching young players and rising them up, right now I have none older than 27
I play the game in another language so I do not know the positons names good, and also some of the players are generated so I will tell the stars and some traits of each player. Sunderlarland in my go reached 3.5 stars
The tactics with posession is standard intensity and short passes playing through center and delivering to the wingers that should overlapp to the laterals. And standard shooting and centers (no idea if its called like this the high passes). In defens the striker line of pressure is in the middle of the field and defense just in front of the area. I use counterpression and counterattack and try to avoid the goalkeeper to deliver short. I make my goalkeeper to pass in short.
Okay so my team is the following:
1. R. McCroire, age 26, 3 stars, pretty good at 1 vs 1 and to be honest the savoir of maaany games
28. M. Kovar, age 24, 2,5 stars, terrible, I have him playing in the sub23 and looking to sell him.
Left laterals or Backforwards
26. J. Panzo, age 23, 4 stars, his stats ar quite good and I play him in the offensive way, but loses some balls in risky passes (I have set to him to not try risky passes but however...) sometimes however makes AMAZING games
20. O Richards, age 26, 3,5 starts, when I play him he always answers but never makes huge star play, but is steady
Right laterals or Backforwards
2. H. ter Avert, age 27, 3 stars has good connection with the winger and i play him in the more defensive way
17. G. Scholz, age 24, 2.5 stars, he was supposed to become a huge star (cpu generated) from borussia, last season played it almost all as the first option due to injuries, was a huge pain...
19. M. Morik, age 19, 3,5 stars, my fav central and also can play as midfielder, the only complain is aereal game.
5. K.Bryan, age 27, 3,5 stars, with me since beginning and this season is standing out, if not for him and the goalkeeper we would average 3 goals per game
29. M. Fahrmann, age 18, 3 stars, the future of the team right now making some star of the game, good player for the backup
8. C.Kyprianon, age 21, 3 stars, I used him as midefield defender when I was playing 4-1-2-2-1 but now almost never plays so I'm sending him for the sub21 for most games
10. G.Dobson, age 26, 4 stars, my main men in the middle, focus in the defense but also scored one goal in the few games we played already.
6. L.Fernandes, age 24, 3,5 stars, Mezzala, I expected him to be the main man but he never ended exploding however I do not have any complain, makes his job.
7. M.Roric, age 24, 3 stars, Midfield pure, good passer but thats it I expected a lot and isn't performing enough
S. Uhde, age 18, 3,5 stars, Midfield, raised in sunderland cost 0, stunning performance is playing better than any of the team, but due to promises to Fernandes and Roric I can't make him play all games
Left Wingers (the source of main ofensive problems)
G. Racine, age 20, 3,5 stars, Is pretty average at everything except speed that is awesome, is 1,85 and scored couple of goals from the head. Comes from liverpool and I expected him to be the key of the offense this season... Absolute failure, drains loses... And last seaso happened the same with anotehr winger in the left side. I do not know why but my offense in the left is terrible. Average 6.1 while other average 7.1
12. L. Kan in age 23, 3 stars, has like 18 in dribbling and I expected him to be kind of Neymar... but same of Racine drains loses, last seasons AML, this season I am playing him more like AMC
11. A. Saelemaekers, age 24, 4 stars, my "star" some games rules it others is a disaster, has good stats, bought him for 5M now are offering me 18M in just one season, I think the attack should go through him but when I give him some of the main role just doesn't work...
16. J. Clarke, age 23, 3 stars, barely plays but is not bad, can also play as AML
30. J. Kade, age 25, 3 stars. Scores sometimes 2 goals in like 10 games and average good ratings but in game I never see him doing anything special...
9. P. Klimala (is a really forward striker but I am considering making him to back up quite) age 25, 3,5 stars. He is supposed to be the best striker in league (the bets say so), made 6 goals in 8 games and right now is in the top of the scorers table, but the lasts 3-4 games is not touching the ball... barely gets a 6.3
14. A. Moser, age 19, 3 stars from Borussia Dortmund, my future "star" when plays makes good job nut never better than Klimala.
Thanks for reading and I appologise for the mistakes as english isn't my first language :( I hope someone could helo me because I am loving the game but it is highly frustraiting not winning any game in a row.