Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Big Yellow

Members
  • Content Count

    49
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Big Yellow

About Me

  • About Me
    Melbourne, Australia

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. yep i've had that happen too. Playing with Arsenal, 1st season won the league, fa cup, champs league. Now on a 60-something game unbeaten run in January 2013, top of the table, and my fans arent happy LOL. what gives!??
  2. i play with 2 central midfielders and a DM. LCM is my Advanced Playmaker on Attack which Wilshere/Carzola normally plays. RCM is my DLP Support and i rotate Arteta/Ramsey. I have retrained wilshere and carzola to be proficient in the CM position. AML/AMR are Inside Forward Attack and Support - Signed Greismann for the left, Ox on the right. WBs are both attack.
  3. I am playing this style formation with my second season Arsenal squad after reading wwfan's Barcelona tactic thread which is pretty much what this thread is about. Currently on a 40something game unbeaten record run! was playing my rubbish tactic till half way through the first season where i got knocked out of the league cup. Changed over to my current tactic and havent lost since!
  4. Yep 13.1.3. Balanced/Counter Zonal Marking Press More Default Tackling/Creative Freedom Roam More Drill crosses. GK = Sweeper Keeper (Szczesny) WB's on attack (Alaba/Jenkinson) CD's are Stopper and Cover (Zouma/Hummels) DM = DM on defend (M'Vila/Frimmpong/Coquelin) DLP = support (in line with the cover CD) (Arteta/Ramsey) ADP = attack (Wilshire/Carzola) IFL = attack (Griesmann/Wilshire/Carzola) IFR = support (Oxlade/Wilshire/Carzola/Ramirez) CF = Treqartista (Falcao/Ademilson) With how i have it set up, my left flank is the more attacking side (IFA and AdvPM is on left). I get heaps of crosses into the centre, where my forward will attack from deep and my "right" flank players are also deep and attack from. My IFR has scored heaps of goals from the edge of the box where the ball is often flicked on to him from Falcao from a left cross. Falcao = beast. No other tweaks, but i use a few shouts depending on opposition and how the team is playing. i always have keep possession and hassle opponents on before kickoff. Against a strong team, i use play out of defense/work ball in box. Against weak teams i use push higher up. Im currently on a 45 game unbeaten record going into the second season. I just beat chelsea 6-0. Best result so far in second season.
  5. Big thumbs up for the dedication to try something like this!! Personally i dont mind the way the academy leagues are set up, so will probs keep playing my 3.1b save. But i also, got Far Cry 3 last night, so FM might be on the backburner for a little bit
  6. try a defensive/counter strategy instead of the attacking one in the tactics. both these so-called defensive set-ups are quite efficient at attacking from deep with build up play and short passing.
  7. with my current arsenal squad i'm averaging 68% and my bar is about 2/3 full. try using short passing and the keep possession shout
  8. possession football is probably averaging possession rate of over 50%?? or at least have possession for the majority of the match. you'll need short passing for this.
  9. Erimus, Do you know if you can tweak the academy reputations from FMRTE? I just finished a season with 3.1b, and don't really want to start another new save HAHAHAHAHA.
  10. i believe the tackling level is not about the actualy physicalness of the tacking but rather the likelines to perform a sliding tackle. Hard would mean a player will try a sliding tackle even if it was only a 10-20% chance of winning the ball. Default would be say 50-60 chance and soft would be say 70-80% chance. i actually experimented with this and noticed that if i had my tackling set to hard, alot of mistakes would occur as my player would go for a slide tackle, miss, then attackers woud be clear on goal. When i reduced this to default, my defense would stay on their feet more and force more mistakes from the attacking players.
  11. Hi mate, I jsut posted this in wwfan's barca tactics thread. I am playing with Arsenal and the board wants attacking football. My tactic is a counter/balanced @ home, and defensive/balanced @ tough away games. I still attack heaps and board happiness bar is full for playing attacking football!
  12. So i decided to give this a go with my 1st season Arsenal squad. I'm in towards the end of December and i have been playing ok. im undefeated in the league, but lots of 2-2/3-3 draws, often conceding rather late. i changed my tactic to counter/balanced for home games and defensive/balanced for tough away games, and its made a huge difference!! i am able to keep possession and "attack" rather well even with "defensive" strategies matched with attacking full backs. I am defensively a lot more solid and my longest run without conceding was 12 games. I've beat Utd, City and Chelsea with 3-0, 3-1, 2-0 scorelines. I am enjoying the football i am seeing from the ME a lot more now. It seems that the descriptions in the TC are rather vague and don't properly reflect what actually happens in the ME. As an Arsenal board promise to play attacking football, even with counter/defensive settings, the board are happy that i am in fact playing "attacking" football. If i hadn't read this thread or wwfan's 12 step guide, i would have had no idea. I think this is what a lot of players are getting frustrated at. SI really needs to overhaul their descriptions or provide a more indepth guide to how the TC works.
  13. my test save had 7 nations loaded with at least 3 leagues where possible. the save file size at 203X was over 250mb and couldnt upload to mediafire unless i had an premium account.
  14. started a new 3.1b save last night and no bugs to report so far! happy days!! now to finally get stuck into a long term save.
×
×
  • Create New...