All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. So I decided to take a different approach tonight to try and jog my memory and with the help of Wikipedia have gone through lists of clubs in every Eastern European country until finally when looking through the list for Serbia the team was there like a lightbulb moment . . . Novi Sad. A quick Google search with that new bit of info lead me to this post by Guido on his site referencing the story in question written under the pseudonym Vic Flange. I was mistaken that I had read it on here originally and must have read it on The Dugout. Now to see if I can find a copy of it anywhere to read again. And thank you @EvilDave even though it ended up not being the story you helped with I am definitely adding it to my list to read.
  3. To any moderator why was this moved? It’s surely a cross format question. Player body language is a universal concept in FM
  4. Mar 2054. Scottish Premiership. We're unbeaten in 13 league games now, but we're only 3 points clear of Hibs at the top and we don't have a game in hand. Champions League. (These fixtures were actually played in Feb, but I forgot to include them in the Feb update. Apologies). Either way, we got knocked out of the Champions League by another Scottish club, (albeit a very good Scottish side). Internationals. I'm not 100% positive, but I don't think we have had a single player called up to the Senior (SCO) squad while they were still with us. Now we have not 1, not 2, but 3 players in the senior (SCO) squad and all of them teenagers. Transfers. Goal-scoring GK's. Finances.
  5. The Bosman verdict can be removed without issue. The Iron Curtain does so. I am contemplating whether to remove the Bosman verdict completely, or partially, as the original claim that Bosman put down with Belgian courts was smaller than what was eventually decided. Also, there is also the Kolpak ruling which has more impact.
  6. Senior Affiliate Well behind our back the board has agreed senior affiliate. I do not intend to use any of their players if they decide to send them to us.
  7. Oh, there are many many errors. I did some quick googling and wikipedia-ing in native languages and you find a treasure trove of shenanigans
  8. The tenth intake... somehow A Sporting Heritage - The Guajes of Gijón And so we take this: Into this... Initial signs are... mixed. It's dropped from 5* 'golden generation' standard in the preview, to 4.5* for the actual intake. But it's not our first time at the rodeo, we know these things are often massively misleading so let's see how it goes. Elite Talent (singular) Hugo - Boss: Playmaker-ish Personality: Professional An awful lot to like right off the bat - personality most of all. He also has some lovely traits, although I'm not sure about the last one. For 15, his starting physicals are just fine and I really like the combination of Technique and Flair, to go with the Aggression. Looks like he could become a very, very handy 10 or perhaps a segundo volante if the Work Rate increases naturally over time. The Dribbling might be a little low for that but I really like the look of Hugo. Two-footed with natural Flair and already a decent finisher. Definite potential. Top Talents Alfréd Váczi - Inverted wingback? Personality - Spirited A Hungarian but no Mexican, btw. Nice physicals and I really like that he has the more static Mentals like Aggressions and Bravery already. His Positioning, Marking and Tackling are a bit yikes for a left-back but the rest of his attributes lend themselves very much to an inverted wingback. Given those deficiencies, I'm thinking he's probably going to be a more traditional winger with solid starting attributes for the requisite Technicals. José Antonio Cortés - Inverted wingback? Personality - Realist 6' and really decent starting Physicals and excellent starting Mentals, there's a lot to like here. The Technicals are where he's obviously lacking with just two in double figures. I've found Technicals the hardest to reliably improve so we'll have to wait and see. The likes of Montial and Navarro came through looking very similar to Cortés and their technicals just never took off enough to become first-teamers. So I'm afraid I'm rather sceptical this one will make it. Carlos Serra - DLF Personality: Light-hearted Fantastic mental attributes with only Work Rate looking a bit on the unhealthy side (Vision should increase naturally with time). His Technicals aren't great but 4-5 on Finishing and he'll do a decent job. The physicals are clearly lacking - particularly as he's an 'old 15', turning 16 in 4 days and so with less high-grade development time. Still, it's not a bad start but he'll be unlikely to hit the heights of Aguirre et al. Good Talents Alejandro Carvajal - Left-wing Personality: Fairly Professional Amongst some dross in the 'good talents', Carvajal looks like a rough gem. Strength aside, his Physicals are decent and Dribbling of 15 is a lovely start. It's a shame he can't cross and Anticipation of 6, Composure of 5 and Vision of 5 would look to be prohibitive for first-team development but we'll see. ---------------------------------- The rest of the 'good talents' are, erm, not good. But that's fine. We've progressed to the point where I'd expect only one or two per intake are going to be good enough to break into the first team. So as long as we're only losing one or two out the door, then we should be able to maintain numbers of Mareo graduates whilst steadily increasing the quality. So far this season, we're doing rather well. The league campaign has been decent but one or two poor results have tripped us up recently as we're trying to fight on three fronts. That sees us in 6th but with games in hand that could see us jump to 5th and within a couple of points of even 3rd. Barca are miles clear at the top, then Real 9 points behind and then Atléti have fallen back into a chasing cluster with us, Sevilla and Villarreal. In Europe, we've progressed via the playoffs into the knockouts and will face Lazio in the quarters. Should we get through that, it'll be the winner of Real Sociedad or Man Utd in the semi and then, I would expect, the impossible task of Man City in the final. I think that run is challenging, shall we say. Perhaps we'll get the luck I said we needed in the Copa del Rey. We managed to avoid the big three until the semi-final when we drew the all-conquering Barcelona. Away in the first-leg, we went down 2-0 - Carlos Gil keeping us in the game but still conceding two unfortunate goals. In the return leg, it was absolute stalemate until we got the stroke of luck I'd been crying out for. Puigdollers saw red after 39 minutes for a shocking challenge to bring down Hugo Quiñones mid-counter. Within 6 minutes, Ander Aguirre had scored a hat-trick to put us ahead and then he sealed it with a fourth late in the second half. Without that red, we were nowhere. But games, and seasons, can turn on such events and, with Barca having put Real out in the quarter, we'll face Valencia in the final - themselves having dispatched with Atléti in the fourth round. This, then, is our big chance for silverware. We couldn't really hope for a better chance. Sadly, we'll head to the Bernabéu just three days after the second leg of the Europa quarter against Lazio - so I may have to sacrifice continental progression for the chance at a trophy.... Worth it.
  9. End of Season 2 - Another Real Madrid dominant year: Up until the international break in March the league was tied neck and neck with my Barcelona side still sitting at the top with the head to head record this year. From January onwards though I'd been in an unfortunate cycle of recurring injuries and it came to a head at this point where so many players were missing the squad just ran out of steam. From 29th March I went 7 league games until I won again. That comfortably handed the title to @oliscott and Real Madrid. Despite this downturn in form I still managed to get to the Spanish Cup final, however, despite a dominant display in terms of stats the game finished 1-1 and I went on to lose on penalties. The Spanish Super Cup was a resounding 4-0 defeat against Real Madrid in January, with ter Stegen injured after 3 minutes and not putting a goalkeeper on the bench Eric Garcia had to deputise and while 4-0 is a terrible score it feels somewhat respectable given an outfield player was in goal for 87 minutes. I had the misfortune of meeting @oliscott in the semi-finals of the Champions League, however, despite thinking my squad was not read for this a 1-1 draw in the first leg and a narrow 2-1 win in the second saw my side face PSG in the final. A resounding 4-2 win saw my Barcelona side wrap up the Champions League as our only trophy this season. So Real Madrid finished with another 2 for the league & Spanish Super Cup, I finished with one in the Champions League. The gap at 10 points seems quite large, but I'm not as concerned given I was down 7-8 first team regulars during March/April when my side fell away. Additionally after 2 years of heavy cost cutting and operating on bargains the board have freed up a £196m budget which is getting put to use.
  10. S14 - Season review Ekstraklasa We finish the season on the high, with 8 points out of 12 in the last 4 games. We finish the season in 8th place which is really good result for us at this moment. Polish FA Cup Meh, won what we meant to win, and narrow loss against Radomiak in 3rd round. U19 U19s retain the title for another year. Squad by Appearances Squad by Goals Squad by Assists Squad by Avg Rating You have seen Lasota(12c)* so I will show Dziubek(12f)* Squad by CA Squad by PA Fans and Finances Facilities Tracker
  11. What happens to the Bosman verdict? Will it still happen? Can you create a world where it didn't, technically in the editor?
  12. Clive English - Back to the motherland - APOP Geroskipou December 2035 December was a poor month for Geroskipou despite the 60% win record. There felt like there was something missing from the team, a fact that Clive was sure that other managers could attest to. Some narrow wins against AEK and Anorthosi were overshadowed by a poor showing against AEL in the 1-1 draw before getting spanked 5-2 by Omonoia, with both of van Looy's goals being against the run of play. The month did end in a positive note however, as Othellos were smashed 5-1. Everton were knocking on the door for Clive's signature. Table The gap between Geroskipou and 1st place was still 7 points. The chances of a first league title felt like it was becoming more and more out of sight. Fixtures In the cup, a nice draw against Doxa Katokopias from the Second Division awaited, and in Clive's hopes, at least 9 more league points.
  13. I was trying to be polite by not pointing this out, but considering the cat is out of the bag now, yeah I agree it's strange
  14. Today
  15. After winning the Premier League last year, we go into this season as Cambridge favourites to do it again! As it's the final season, the aim is to also win the Champions League for the first time in our history! Can we do it?
  16. the number of relegations is correct clubs are being relegated as expected however, instead of being relegated in the secondary division (as it should be) they are being relegated in the main division causing them to be left without the main division they should have and they are also playing the first and second division at the same time The strange thing is that this is working 100% correctly with the promotions, only the demotions are wrong
  17. So this intrigued me @reerdo, and I've just gone looking back over the years - largely because I seem to remember enjoying this one too! I think, and hope, that you're looking for Carlos de la Fuente's 'You're not fit to cut the grass!,' which had its first post in 2009. That's my best guess, please do let me know if that's the one!
  18. Controversies like the doping scandal of Juventus in the final vs Ajax in 1996? Perhaps Christoph Daum and Uli Hoeneß, FC Hollywood and nations with a bit of matchfixing here and there?
  19. It just seems all a bit strange to me what madeirabhoy is saying. In my experience, if I get a player wanting more money and I don't get the option to say we can't afford it (If I do get the option, the player nearly always says OK and becomes happy again) he starts complaining and usually asks to leave, but I don't have a lot of difficulty selling him for good money and then buying better (potential) players.
  20. How do you do this please?! Genuinely one of the worst things in the game. It's embarrassing they're released in the same state every year. A "disable media" tickbox would be nice because it's beyond awful.
  21. You need to remove the boxes first And then change the colour in preferences And it should work...
  22. May 2025 Treble Winners! We did it lads! All the silverware we could hope for domestically. I'm super proud of this team. Unfortunately we are still only top 8 by media prediction and next year they expect a top 4 finish and to compete for either the Luxembourg Cup or the Super Cup. So we have to work just as hard and we have less wiggle room. End of Season: Schedule We finished the season with only 1 lose since the end of February. As well as only 2 dropped points in that time as well (11 games, nearly a third of the season). History We are master of Luxembourg. Now that we are top dogs we got to defend it. We finally made the favoured personnel list on our club page. As well as signed another contract this time we have seemed to have earned a two-year deal through the 26/27 season. Team Report I have never since it so succinctly out then in this team report. The current squad of players is .... slightly below average in the national division, and one of the weakest in Europe. First Team Bieleu and Jovanovic were awesome! Second Team Meanwhile Loua and Teah were invaluable and present all season long. I will have to finish typing this after a work meeting, but was so excited I had to post this result. Cheers!
  23. Will read the whole piece tomorrow, but on first sight I miss the Team Instructions/Player instructions.
  24. hi,There are many players of Indonesian descent whose data has not been updated from FM 23, some players such as Tjoe A On, Ragnar and Marten Paes, in fact they have officially been Indonesian players since last January and until now have not been updated at all.Please update the database so it can be fixed
  1. Load more activity