All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Lovely update as usual, @_Ben_! As for relationism: Prime European examples are Henrik Rydstrom's Malmo FF (another example here) and the wonderful The Mutants article on Medium, also by Jamie Hamilton, which goes over relationism and hybrid relationism examples in Europe. I'm glad to be any influence on this save and would be VERY CURIOUS to hear your ideas and approach to relationism in FM. I know I'm still tinkering with it myself, personally. Still waiting for a possible skin release with the DNA bar, even if I have to configure it on a per-save basis :P
  3. I took a job at Portsmouth in my first game of FM23 and they'd already been docked points for failing FFP. I think it was about five seasons in. Rooney was their manager until then and I inherited a complete mess with players constantly complaining about every little thing. The team was bought over by some tycoon sometime before that, and during a press conference, I answered a question about the club's finances without really thinking about it. The board reprimanded me for answering the question and said I should have refused to answer it, and that if I ever did again, I'd be fired. Sketchy as hell.
  4. This is actually very similar to what I was building! Can I ask if what mentality you used? Was it possession based or more direct ?
  5. Cheers Zak. Are there different inputs on body language on the different formats then? I’ve answered 2nd point above. Really don’t think Messi would come nervous playing Forest but I have to remember this isn’t real life and the game will have its own outcomes
  6. Cheers Dan. Clearly IRL Messi is unlikely to be nervous about an away match at the City Ground but this is a game and has its own rules and parameters.
  7. The overall objective is to have fun and enjoy your time while playing the game. That manifests itself in many ways and will depend on what you want from it. There is no right or wrong way and, if you play a single-player game, you don't have to answer to anyone but yourself.
  8. As the others have said there are no objectives in this game. Play it and enjoy it anyway you want to. You'll enjoy the successes and get frustrated at the losses but that is the life of a football manager. Enjoy, it's an awesome game.
  9. If it happens only at game time, that points to a graphics issue. Maybe have a look at the graphics card driver and, if the game was working fine recently, roll the driver back to the previous one and see if that helps. Do this without having any other 3rd party graphics installed.
  10. POSITIONAL REVIEW (I have highlighted homegrown players in blue in the charts) I have again been messing around with ways to show player progression by position to try and not miss any up and coming youngsters in the lower teams. GK - Champ target = 62.9 Rojas Fedorushchenko is our clear starter. He played all the tough games and did quite well this season. Sidibe played a lot of the domestic games and continues to improve statistically. The worrisome save percentage from previous seasons was much better this season. Santos was a new signing with high potential to develop as contingency in case Rojas leaves. Rojas grew very nicely last season and is close to the target rating, so a bit more growth and he will be there. Fedorushchenko grew nicely with a one point jump in a few attributes. He should now make the target rating and we will see how much he can develop. I have him on GK Reactions training to see if we can boost his reflexes. Sidibe is still growing very well with his scouting report saying he is close to full potential. Interestingly, that is what Rojas' report said last season and then he had a nice development year, so we will see what happens. He has become homegrown now, so will definitely be our backup for a long time as it frees up another spot on the European rosters for an import. Plan - Start Rojas. Give Sidibe playing time to grow and if any playtime is left, give Santos a match or two. CD - Champ Target = 69.2 The numbers from the central defence are getting better. Puljic in particular had a good season statistically. Puljic, David and Albiach were basically a 3 man rotation with Fredricson and Morata getting some filler time. Puljic had the best numbers with David and Albiach close to each other. Puljic is at target with slight growth. David grew nicely and should hit target this coming season. Albiach had a bit of growth and is in a good spot to be the primary backup again. McNeil is ready for the 2 backup role to get some playtime and see if the growth can be encouraged. Plan - Start Puljic and David with Albiach ias primary backup. McNeil is ok as the 4th backup as well. Left FB - Champ Target = 65.8 FB seems to be a position that generates good match ratings in our tactic. Konate was the starter with Leyland and Chiab as the primary backup this past season and all three of them having good stats with Konate having the best. Leyland continued to develop and his scouting report says he could improve significantly, so will definitely keep him playing to see how far he will develop. He plays both right and left FB, and will be the primary backup this coming season. Kept Chiab around as a contingency plan as Leyland is likely to end up as the right FB. Konate is above the target rating, so don't need to upgrade this spot. Loving the growth from Leyland he had 24 starts evenly spaced through the season, which helped him be rested enough to train as well. Plan - start Konate with Chiab as backup and Roman as contingency. Make Leyland the primary backup at RFB. Right FB - Champ Target = 65.8 FB seems to be a position that generates good match ratings in our tactic. Biten Valere was the starter with Leyland and Waidner backing him up. Biten Valere had a good statistical season, so no reason to change. Biten Valere improved slightly and is above target. Waidner declined a bit and Leyland developed a lot. Not much happening with the youngsters. Plan - start Biten Valere with Leyland as the primary backup.
  11. Today
  12. If you want to change the whole match screen you'll have to go through the files panels.fmf/match/comps, and find all the files and replace them in that folder with the default ones from the base skin Just the scoreboards, paste match score area panel in all the folders
  13. If you want to change the whole match screen you'll have to go through the files panels.fmf/match/comps, and find all the files and replace them in that folder with the default ones from the base skin Just the scoreboards, paste match score area panel in all the folders
  14. The squad were excited in the build up to Wembley, none of them having been there before, so Peter allowed them time to take photos and have a walk around the ground, which had been the purpose of them getting there early. Eventually, the players, in their suits and as small amounts of fans were filtering in, were ushered into the dressing room they had been assigned. They got themselves ready, before Peter took his place in front of them. They got themselves together before all facing Peter. He put his hands behind his back, and addressed his players "OK lads. This is it. This is the biggest game in this club's history, the biggest game many of you will have played in. I'm not going to stand here and tell you to do anything different than what you've done to get here. All I'll ask is that you go out there and do yourselves proud. Do me proud. And do the fans proud. Now let's go lads, lets get out there and show what we can do" The roar as Peter headed to the dugout was deafening. He had been to Wembley four times as a player, but he never remembered it to be like this. He was also hoping to improve his record of just one win, but up against Claudio Ranieri's Chelsea, he knew it would be a tough ask for his players. He had also realised that tiredness was creeping in, but with promotion wrapped up, he had to decide whether to rest some of his key players towards the end of the season The game started at a fast pace, surprisingly for a cup final, and both 'keepers were forced into a good save, but on seven minutes, Liam Lawrence opened the scoring. The winger picked up the ball on the right, before cutting inside and passing to Moukoko. The Cameroonian slipped it into the path of the continuing run of Lawrence, and he struck it first time into the bottom corner. It was a perfect start, but as was expected, the Chelsea players responded, and within five minutes, they were level, Italian playmaker Andrea Pirlo drilling a low shot from 20 yards, just passing the fingertips of Jose Ros. This turned the game on its head, and the Premier League side took control for the next few minutes. Pirlo fired over, Leon Knight hit the post and Ros was forced into a double save from Melchiot and then Knight again, but eventually they did break the resistance, the resulting corner seeing Marcel Desailly rising highest to head home into the goal. Many expected this to see the more experienced Chelsea players take the game away from Mansfield, but Peter saw his side show their resilience and a little bit of quality, and by the half hour mark, they were level, a lovely ball from Simon Rusk finding Greenacre, the striker turning inside John Terry and guiding the ball into the goal with his left foot. This surprised Chelsea, and before the break, there was no doubt that Peter's side were the better team, Kos and Greenacre both having brilliant opportunities to put them ahead, but the score remained level. The second half was a bit tighter, both sides not wanting the other to get into the game, but the fifth goal came from a mistake, which was unfortunate, as Lee Collins slipped allowing Pirlo in, and the Italian slipped it across for Leon Knight to slot into the unguarded goal, Ros stranded between both players. Peter made a couple of changes, Cesar and Samba making their way onto the pitch, and it was the striker who had the best chance to equalise, the ball falling to him in the box, but he lashed at it and fired over the bar. Moukoko also had a chance, firing wide from just outside the box, but Chelsea's experience saw them through, as they kept the ball for the final few minutes, heading to the corner as much as they could, and eventually Jeff Winter blew the whistle, securing delight for the Londoners but ultimately disappointment for Peter and his side. As the whistle went, he turned round to see Ranieri striding towards him. He held his hand out but was caught in an embrace from the charismatic Italian "Peter, thankyou for fantastic game" "Thankyou Claudio. We'll be after revenge next season though!" He wagged his finger playfully, the Italian smiling in return "I shall be waiting for you. Good luck" With that, they shook hands and Peter headed off to console his players and praise their efforts
  15. If you haven't already read it, this thread is worth studying for alternatives to the usual 'meta' tactic approach: There's some 433 discussion in there, too.
  16. Ooft, Jakush is a player and a half. Given you're avoiding a B-team, how are your outgoing loans going? Was it Duisburg that was your 2.Bundesliga affiliate? Will Jakush make his way out on loan or think he's good enough to skip that step?
  17. Thanks for the replies everyone. Good to know people are having success out there. All the tactics I see for 433 use a DM or DLP and usually on support. @cloud9 - Was hoping you would provide your thoughts, I see you are very active in the other 433 threads. @Safe Hands - Interesting take, I hadnt thought of using a more cautious fullback on one side. The rest of your roles are actually very similar to mine. To help with the issue of there being three horizontal lines '343' in build up. I have played with the idea of my RWB being inverted and sits in the hole where the HB drops out of of. This in turn creates space for my winger on the right side. Creating sort of a 3133 in build up. But wanted this to be more situational rather than the go to. Have had some success but only on the attacking mentality and winning games like 4-2. Wanting a less chaotic approach hah. Will try on balance and get back to everyone here.
  18. October We beat Newcastle to give us a point lead only to get FM'd by Chelsea to be back on level points . Hubana was injured on international duty so we're without the World Golden Ball winner, Pitchford starts against Newcastle but I need him to pick up form. That he does! Good attacking down the left, Hojlund to Juliao, he plays though Pitchford who managed to slot in after just 5 minutes! Clem equalises for Newcastle after 28 minutes. Dekker wins the ball back he's too sloppy and Kumagawa takes it back off him, Newcastle pass the ball around quickly and Clem does Biffi and smashes past Robledo. What a strik! Juliao with a 25 yard screamer that hits the post and goes in after 32 minutes to give us back the lead. We have a shout for pen! I thought it was a good tackle but Allgower is deemed to have taken down Hojlund. It's Juliao from the spot! It's saved after 38 minutes, still 2 - 1. We've had a really good first half, continue this is the second and we should win. Juliao gets his brace after finishing off a good move and a good through ball from Becerra after 50 minutes. It's 4 after 52 minutes, Juliao plays it outwide to Kimble, it isn't the best pass but Kimble uses his skill to pick it up and taken on his man, he dribbles down the right, crosses in and Hojlund heads in. What an brillint win! Hubana returns against Chelasea, Becerra has a knock so Tapia starts. We usually do well against Chelsea so let's hope it continues. We've had all the chances but Chelsea take the lead, Chelsea counter, Baidoo plays to Caicedo on the edge of the box who strikes it and it takes a deflection into the corner after 68 minutes. I feel we just got FM'd, our finishing was poor! Trubin was MOTM and Hubana had a game to forget. 15 shots vs 4, 1.72xG vs 0.24xG and we go back to Rotherham pointless. Newcastle aren't giving up. Nottingham Forest This is the first I've seen on the save, not sure what'll happen to them from here apart from relegation. Champions League I massively rotated and played alot of youth so this was a brilliant win. Hubana came off the bench for some match fitness late on. World Players of the Year Finally have a "Golden Ball" winner . England Players This is something I hope to change in the next few years. We could have 4 if MacDonald, Kimble, Tremble and Phillips were all called up. Best Youth Setup Wasn't expecting this, we've not been in the top 10 to being the best in the world. We'll have more star graduates soon as we've had some good intakes. Next Month Some tough games, we need to a good month in the league after the Chelsea loss.
  19. I just hope SI took the decision to not support 18 years old CPU.
  20. Hi! The next update will come in the usual date, as stated in the previous post, on the 1st of May.
  21. Ze Porto - Huelva 2038.12.20.fm save file On the training screen my A team is shown as being on holiday break until Dec 24, with no training assigned until then. But when you move forward in time the game shows a current schedule that features a lot of training. My B and u19 team are not on holiday break, but the training schedule shown does not match the training schedules that either of those squads are assigned. Is my squad on break or training? FM24contpage.png screenshot shows the screen as the game moves forward in time and shows training, FM24training.png screenshot shows the training screen showing the team on break The volume of these minor issues adds up to something very confusing and aggravating! Feels like a severe absence of care quality control and customer respect in FM24, a purchase I deeply regret.
  22. no, i do not pay wages for sold players, maybe the bonus at signatures and agent fees in the contracts and yes I will check for the staff thing as 9cloud9 says, but I still would like to have a comprehensive understanding of this numbers. Even if for what I understood what we can do to control the expenses is 1) through the wages and staff salaries and 2) winning trophies?
  23. I like the 433 as can play around a lot with roles to try different things. Wanted to try and get a Treq working in wide areas but never managed it. My favourite formation was 4312 takes me back to Champ man 01/02 the cam with free role was deadly. Not managed to get in working this year. Like your idea of the SK,never had the player to do it but imagine it looks great in game.
  24. 2023: End of season update. We finished 12th in the MLS Supporters Shield but made it to the final of the US Cup and to the final of the MLS Western Conference. There is still a lot of work to do with this Portland team.
  25. You just got to love when a 166cm guy with 4 jumping reach and 9 heading out jumps a 188cm cb with 15 jumping reach and 15 heading on the back post.
  1. Load more activity